HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tambo on Oilers Lunch - Dissapointed?

Old
11-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
You guyz is all crazy and your grammir stunks also as well. Lit Taberrelli do him job and billed those teams for the futer. Gib him a bit of more time so as he can build are team propesnsitly. He'd only been the GQ for a bit more or less than over a yeer, he kneads more time! Plees evryonebody and relax now please.

Now I is going to get back two my online interweb grammer class

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 06:58 PM
oilfansixtynine
schulebsyakhallnuge

vCash: 793
Send a message via MSN to oilfansixtynine
am I am Sam?

oilfansixtynine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:00 PM
GSC

vCash: 500
Tambo is cleaning up Lowe's mess.

Next offseason, when a slew of contracts are up, will be the proper time to assess Steve as Oiler GM.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Ramrod
Happily outscoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
5.5 Mil for player who has never reached 55 points ... what annoys me more than anything else about this contract is, he was coming off a huge surgery and still had one more year left remaining on his contract. I understand Lowe didn't want to lose him but this is what happened after the backlash from the Ryan Smyth debacle.
73 points after the lockout.

Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:07 PM
GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
So friggin' what?

That was then, this is now. Horcoff is not earning his pay, simple as that.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Joseppi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Huh? The guy's been GM for a season and a quarter and people already want him booted out Unbelievable
Fans and management work on different timescales.

Fans, coaches, and players live in the day to day. Management looks at the long term, and doesn't make a move until they're sure. That's what they're supposed to do anyhow.

It's no surprise that fans are already calling for his head.

Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Heavy Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post

Fans, coaches, and players live in the day to day. Management looks at the long term, and doesn't make a move until they're sure. That's what they're supposed to do anyhow.

do you work for someone or are you self employed?

Heavy Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
BOUNCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Cheechoo has 56goals after the lockout. Many players had career years in the first year of the 'new nhl' 1year shouldn't justify a 5.5year contract

BOUNCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Oiler Crude
3rd rate fan

[QUOTE=surshot;22293246]He is looking for good deals and only good deals. He would not go on any radio show and say what he is really thinking or what they really need. It would be stupid for any GM to do so with the media today. He well make a deal when there is a deal to be made. He is A very cerebral GM looking out for the long term interests of the club. He well make a deal this year but not tell someone else is willing as well. Quote

So one "sample" year as GM and he is now a "very cerebral GM ?" The guy stated what need to be done the end of last season, We all cheered up, new season, but pretty much the same team. Healty? Close only counts in Horse shoes and hand grenades.
That being said, I think you have to give a guy a few years to turn things around, so i think it would be unfair to call for his head. Lowe on the other hand......

Oiler Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Vandelay View Post
Tambo is cleaning up Lowe's mess.

Next offseason, when a slew of contracts are up, will be the proper time to assess Steve as Oiler GM.
but with the acception of Pisani and Grebsthey are all under 2 million a year

Pisani 2.5 UFA
Comrie 1.25 UFA
Stone .600
Strudwick .6
Arene .5

Gagner 1.6 RFA
Cogliano .850
MAP .850
Brule .800
JFJ .600
Potulny .525
Redox .525
Grebs 3.1
DD and JDD .700

If Brule keeps it up he will be in for a huge raise along with Gagner and Coglinao

ON the previous thread people are talking about signing Jagr--that will cost atleast 6mill a year

Oilers are bumping the cap right now. If you let all the UFA walk away and use that money to sign Jagr--you will still be short the money needed to sign him

it is not till the start of the 12/13 season that the oilers will get from under any of the 4m+ contract they have after the 11/12 season--Penner. Hemsky, and Souray's contracts will be gone and they will ALL be UFA

Oilers will be in a tough spot to sign their own RFA's let alone any high priced UFA

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Oiler Crude
3rd rate fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
but with the acception of Pisani and Grebsthey are all under 2 million a year

Pisani 2.5 UFA
Comrie 1.25 UFA
Stone .600
Strudwick .6
Arene .5

Gagner 1.6 RFA
Cogliano .850
MAP .850
Brule .800
JFJ .600
Potulny .525
Redox .525
Grebs 3.1
DD and JDD .700

If Brule keeps it up he will be in for a huge raise along with Gagner and Coglinao

ON the previous thread people are talking about signing Jagr--that will cost atleast 6mill a year

Oilers are bumping the cap right now. If you let all the UFA walk away and use that money to sign Jagr--you will still be short the money needed to sign him

it is not till the start of the 12/13 season that the oilers will get from under any of the 4m+ contract they have after the 11/12 season--Penner. Hemsky, and Souray's contracts will be gone and they will ALL be UFA

Oilers will be in a tough spot to sign their own RFA's let alone any high priced UFA
Darn you and your cold splash of reality!!

Oiler Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Yet this same Phoenix team managed to beat Philadelphia.
I fail to see the point.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:48 PM
surshot*

[QUOTE=Oiler Crude;22295339]
Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
He is looking for good deals and only good deals. He would not go on any radio show and say what he is really thinking or what they really need. It would be stupid for any GM to do so with the media today. He well make a deal when there is a deal to be made. He is A very cerebral GM looking out for the long term interests of the club. He well make a deal this year but not tell someone else is willing as well. Quote

So one "sample" year as GM and he is now a "very cerebral GM ?" The guy stated what need to be done the end of last season, We all cheered up, new season, but pretty much the same team. Healty? Close only counts in Horse shoes and hand grenades.
That being said, I think you have to give a guy a few years to turn things around, so i think it would be unfair to call for his head. Lowe on the other hand......
Settle down its not like i declared him to be the best GM ever. He has shown that he is being cerebral by the way he operates and speaks to the media. I said the same thing last year after 2 months of him being the GM. He well do what he can when he can and only if it makes sense. Everyone wants him to make a deal right now but was there a deal to be made that made sense? The answer is probably a no.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Ramrod
Happily outscoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Vandelay View Post
So friggin' what?

That was then, this is now. Horcoff is not earning his pay, simple as that.
I have never said anything to the contrary. I was simply responding to this:
Quote:
5.5 Mil for player who has never reached 55 points
Same goes to this hub bub:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Cheechoo has 56goals after the lockout. Many players had career years in the first year of the 'new nhl' 1year shouldn't justify a 5.5year contract

Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:52 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler Crude View Post
Darn you and your cold splash of reality!!
I am just trying to keep people atleast one foot on reality---

SOme of the roster ideas I have seen would have the oilers cap at 65-70mill--over the actual cap

We must look at Gagner and Cogliano and now more at Brule over what money they will get next off season

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post

I would say that our management is looking at the short term, and not the long term as you suggest.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I would say that our management is looking at the short term, and not the long term as you suggest.
Please explain?

Old
11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Please explain?
They signed a veteran goalie for four years for approx four mill per. That tells me that they are in win now mode, and that rebuilding is not on the agenda. They also lined up a trade for a soon to be 30 yr old scorer, sending three players, who are significantly younger the other way.

Old
11-24-2009, 08:27 PM
surshot*

Quote:
They signed a veteran goalie for four years for approx four mill per. That tells me that they are in win now mode, and that rebuilding is not on the agenda. They also lined up a trade for a soon to be 30 yr old scorer, sending three players, who are significantly younger the other way.
Whats wrong with the Oilers wanting to win???? They are a rebuilding team with money and well spend money regardless. As for the 3 for 1 deal i think the Oil would still do a 3 for one deal. But i think we can thank Heatley for not waiving and there would be zero chance Penner is in a deal like that again. The team wants to become a contender year in and year out and well do the best deals possible to make that happen both in the short term and long term.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:01 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
You guyz is all crazy and your grammir stunks also as well. Lit Taberrelli do him job and billed those teams for the futer. Gib him a bit of more time so as he can build are team propesnsitly. He'd only been the GQ for a bit more or less than over a yeer, he kneads more time! Plees evryonebody and relax now please.

Now I is going to get back two my online interweb grammer class

I was just ruminating whether any previous thread had displayed such a staggering display of poor grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and basic communication skills!

The odd typo or punctuation error I understand. However, this thread is almost frightening!

11-24-2009, 09:05 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Whats wrong with the Oilers wanting to win???? They are a rebuilding team with money and well spend money regardless. As for the 3 for 1 deal i think the Oil would still do a 3 for one deal. But i think we can thank Heatley for not waiving and there would be zero chance Penner is in a deal like that again. The team wants to become a contender year in and year out and well do the best deals possible to make that happen both in the short term and long term.
To me, a contender is a lock to make the playoffs and is in the mix for the Cup. We are neither. And unless some of our young mid round picks prove to be steals, then I cant see much change. I said we would be better under Quinn and I am still hopeful that we will be, but much more needs to be done to make us a contender imo.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:19 PM
surshot*

Quote:
To me, a contender is a lock to make the playoffs and is in the mix for the Cup. We are neither. And unless some of our young mid round picks prove to be steals, then I cant see much change. I said we would be better under Quinn and I am still hopeful that we will be, but much more needs to be done to make us a contender imo.
Thanks captain obvious.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Will it be possible if we keep missing the playoffs,that tambo will get fired?
Considering it's mostly Lowe's crap that's plugging up the sh|tter? I don't know if that's fair. But whatever...

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:39 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Thanks captain obvious.
Maybe you could share your ideas about how we could become "contenders"?

Old
11-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Muscles Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Not the point. Buddy was trying to make up stats to shut down Horcoff. (as much as I agree that Horcoff should not be making that much money, but that shows that Kevin Lowe was the problem and not Tambellini)

Muscles Glasses is offline   Reply With Quote