MN Hockey & hfboards popularity

Old
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
se7en
infamous...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD View Post
Well, I thought I'd chime in since I'm mentioned multiple times as a reason for both bad and good. I had my screename changed 3 times in my time at the Wild.com boards. I am still a regular poster there, and sure it isn't nearly what it used to be. However, I wouldn't say its all that hostile anymore either but that is probably partly due to the fact there just isn't a lot of people there anymore.

What I really miss was some of the international posters we had there. JencaHungary, CoolSlovak...and others really made things pretty interesting. Wukwinn was the Youtube creation master. I really miss his compilations, that kid had 100% real talent. He'll probably be rich someday but now he's at Minnesota State if my memory serves me correctly.

Ms. Conduct was / is ok. I liked some of her stuff, but not all of it. However I'd agree with some of you that at times Hockey Talk turned into a war and I have zero problem admitting I was in that mix more often than not. Yet at the same time, I still think the NHL changes were far more detrimental to keeping people there than anything a few board vets did.

As far as my people skills go, meet me first then judge. I am not talking in a confrontational way. I have zero problem meeting anyone. I think I do just fine socially. If know you're going to a game I'm more than fine with meeting up at a bar and talking hockey for hours. I love talking hockey and that's why I joined this place.

For what it's worth, I never disliked you or anything (well maybe my first day ever as a newbie on Wild.com I wasn't a fan of yours haha) I've actually posted in the past that I really think you have a great hockey mind, and that you write solid & thorough game analysis', I always looked forward to your posts. I've also heard many people say that in person you are a really nice guy.

i have to say that over here tho it's almost like you have a totally different personality behind your posts. I'm really enjoy reading them! (even more than I did on Wild.com) actually when you first came over here & started posting I saw the difference right away & really looked forward to you being around & then you kind of disapeared for a while again & I was disapointed. (Which I'm not one to talk because I do the same thing) but basically what I'm saying is that you've always been a great contributer it was just when you got insulting to people that it became tough to value your posts in the same way. But with that said, I don't think anyone dislikes you as a person, I think people just wanted to keep things more light-hearted & fun..

It's nice over here because it stays pretty friendly and in all honesty, I think everyone just wants more Wild fans to come here & feel comfortable posting (hence all the punch & pie & unicorn jokes whether they be just a casual fan or a die-hard one.. For me, I just like reading everyones opinions, even if I don't agree with all of them because I also just love talking hockey too and I also like passing work time! haha

But I'm glad you're over here posting & at least speaking for myself, defintely no hard feelings from the Wild boards! Like I said, I never disliked you I just thought you could have been a whole lot nicer to people. I think the concensus over there was that everyone respected your opinion & the effort you put into keeping the site informational but everyone just wanted to see you be more accepting of others opinions & more welcoming to newcomers, or at least more patient with them because I think alot of us just wanted to see the site more active & friendly. With that said tho, I can see how a lot of new posters were annoying as all hell! But thats what happens with a public forum I guess.. ..

Anyway, glad to have you over here man, hope you & your lady are doing good!

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote