HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Philadelphia Mother****in Eagles 2009 Mother****ers

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

vCash: 500
Still in it, somehow.

And hell of an effort by Shady!

Old
11-29-2009, 03:00 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Shady McCoy is awesome the effort on the 2 pt play.

Old
11-29-2009, 03:00 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Good job andy, Pound that ball like you pound cupcakes you fat *******.

Old
11-29-2009, 03:16 PM
TheDrizzle81

Ill take it a win is a win

Old
11-29-2009, 03:32 PM
KevinLin

Exactly a win is a win and that is all that matters. No matter how bad a team looks, this is the NFL, there are no guaranteed victories. See the Raiders beating the eagles and Cincinnati, KC beating the Steelers, Cleveland beating anyone, and the redskins beating Denver. Teams are closer than records indicate.

Old
11-29-2009, 03:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
No need to apologize for a win.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
11-29-2009, 04:00 PM
TehBBA

Every time they wear the black jerseys, someone gets injured. Now DeSean gets a concussion.

Old
11-29-2009, 04:09 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBBA View Post
Every time they wear the black jerseys, someone gets injured. Now DeSean gets a concussion.
The black is cursed. I say they should just revert back to the kelly green.

Shouldn't have been such a trial, but another win and another 4th quarter comeback.

Old
11-29-2009, 05:28 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Ugly win.
I never know what to expect from this team, and its quite frustrating.

Old
11-29-2009, 05:53 PM
TheDrizzle81

I lol'd at all the drunk fans on PGL that thought the eagles are a super bowl team. ok.....

Old
11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I lol'd at all the drunk fans on PGL that thought the eagles are a super bowl team. ok.....
If they were healthy and consistent I think they would be a super bowl caliber team. The offense is capable of putting points on anyone but is so horrifically inconsistent that it is impossible to predict how they will perform on a given day. The defense is bitten big time by the injury bug, and it's obvious that they miss Jordan and Hanson right now, and Bradley in the long run.

We'll see. Big stretch of games coming up here.

Old
11-30-2009, 12:40 AM
TheLegendkiller

I don't think this was an ugly win at all that we should only be satisfied with. The Redskins came to play. They didn't half ass and shoot themselves in the foot like last time, they really came to win. It was a good test and I was glad to see the team have to make a come back in the 4th. Its nice to know they can do that. Plus the fact that without that ******** onsides kick it wouldn't have been nearly as tough a test.

Old
11-30-2009, 08:12 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBBA View Post
Is it really a concussion?

Old
11-30-2009, 09:03 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
If they were healthy and consistent I think they would be a super bowl caliber team. The offense is capable of putting points on anyone but is so horrifically inconsistent that it is impossible to predict how they will perform on a given day. The defense is bitten big time by the injury bug, and it's obvious that they miss Jordan and Hanson right now, and Bradley in the long run.

We'll see. Big stretch of games coming up here.
The defense is terrible. The players arent making plays. Missed tackles, blown coverages, etc are not the coaches fault. Obviously the player was in the postion the play called for, he just effed up. I dont know how many sacks, and TFL this team SHOULD have right now, but all I know is, those positive defensive plays turned into HUGE offensive plays real fast. How many times did they have Campbell sacked, screwed up, and then missed 4 more tackles and allowed the desparation screen play turn into a 30 yard gain.

You will never win against a REAL football team playing like that.

ALSO: Celek has a sprained thumb, and Jackson has a mild concussion (according to CSN)

Old
11-30-2009, 09:47 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
The defense is terrible. The players arent making plays. Missed tackles, blown coverages, etc are not the coaches fault. Obviously the player was in the postion the play called for, he just effed up. I dont know how many sacks, and TFL this team SHOULD have right now, but all I know is, those positive defensive plays turned into HUGE offensive plays real fast. How many times did they have Campbell sacked, screwed up, and then missed 4 more tackles and allowed the desparation screen play turn into a 30 yard gain.

You will never win against a REAL football team playing like that.

ALSO: Celek has a sprained thumb, and Jackson has a mild concussion (according to CSN)
The defense is not terrible. It's average. Most people were spoiled getting to watch the Eagles D of the early 2000s with guys like Trotter, Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Dawkins, etc. surrounded by good role players like Carlos Emmons and Corey Simon. What I've noticed is that they don't have the "bend-but-don't-break" mentality the other Eagles defenses have had. We give up WAY too many redzone TD's (I think the Skins were 3/4 yesterday).

You're right, if they could tackle better they would improve vastly. But at least they are close rather than just being completely out-classed. Like I said, it's obvious (at least to me) that Jordan and Hanson are missing. Joe Mays and Trotter are painful in the middle and Harris has been playing like garb the last couple weeks.

Old
11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Also: Revert back to the kelly green uniforms. The black is cursed and I'm ready for some throwbacks like the Flyers are doing.

Old
11-30-2009, 11:12 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
The defense is not terrible. It's average. Most people were spoiled getting to watch the Eagles D of the early 2000s with guys like Trotter, Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Dawkins, etc. surrounded by good role players like Carlos Emmons and Corey Simon. What I've noticed is that they don't have the "bend-but-don't-break" mentality the other Eagles defenses have had. We give up WAY too many redzone TD's (I think the Skins were 3/4 yesterday).

You're right, if they could tackle better they would improve vastly. But at least they are close rather than just being completely out-classed. Like I said, it's obvious (at least to me) that Jordan and Hanson are missing. Joe Mays and Trotter are painful in the middle and Harris has been playing like garb the last couple weeks.
Average isnt going to cut it. If what we are seeing this year is average, than I dont want to see terrible. This defense lack fundamentals. And they lack it a lot. They get flagged every ****ing play, they cant tackle for ****. I mean ****, that 1000 pound man could score a 90 yard td against these clowns. And they blow coverages. Why Joe Mays left his man open and went after Campbell baffles me. Campbell has no lane to score, its 3rd and goal, COVER YOUR ****ING MAN ASSHAT! Yes they are missing key players. But there is things going on that they can't fix. Asante Sameul thinks he is 6'4" 245 pounds and can just throw himself at people. The guy cant tackle for ****. If hes married, he wont be for long, because if he ****s like he tackles, the ***** is gonna take half his contract and walk. He probally flies into the bedroom, dives randomly and ruins the mood. Thank god the guy jumps routes like a pro of Id start the lynch mob. The play calling is fine like I said. Guys are in position to get sacks or make the stop, but every play they blow tackles. Ive noticed it all year, and yesterday it finally got addressed (by the media). I dont know what it is. I dont know, maybe on monday if u played like that, Jim Johnson took you out back and beat u senceless. What ever he did, it worked. He took average/****** players (A lot of players struggled when they left Philly) and made them superstars.

Old
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Also: Revert back to the kelly green uniforms. The black is cursed and I'm ready for some throwbacks like the Flyers are doing.
Id like to see these:

Old
11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I'm not sure why everyone is slamming so hard on the D to be honest with you.

Look at what they've been through this year.

- Lost the D coordinator
- Lost their starting FS and probably the 3rd-4th best player on the D and didn't replace him.
- Lost Bradley who might be their best defensive player and defensive captain.
- Lost Gaither, 2nd best backer probably.
- Brutal injuries for the CBs (Brown definitely isn't healthy) and Hanson suspended.
- Lost Jordan for the past 3 weeks.
- Witherspoon is good, but coming in at midseason is always really tough.

Then look at a game like yesterday where the Skins scored a TD on a drive of 19 yards. Then the defense gave the offense the ball on the WSH 21 and the WSH 28 at the end of the half. They also had to deal with a short field after Donovan's pick and held the Skins to an FG (Skins win if they punch it in there). Then after we tied it at 24, the defense stopped the Skins and got the ball back to the offense.

Considering their injuries and the often-pathetic pass-happy displays by the offense, I think the D has done pretty well.

Old
11-30-2009, 01:13 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post

- Lost the D coordinator
- Lost their starting FS and probably the 3rd-4th best player on the D and didn't replace him.
- Brutal injuries for the CBs (Brown definitely isn't healthy) and Hanson suspended.

Then look at a game like yesterday where the Skins scored a TD on a drive of 19 yards. Then the defense gave the offense the ball on the WSH 21 and the WSH 28 at the end of the half. They also had to deal with a short field after Donovan's pick and held the Skins to an FG (Skins win if they punch it in there). Then after we tied it at 24, the defense stopped the Skins and got the ball back to the offense.

Considering their injuries and the often-pathetic pass-happy displays by the offense, I think the D has done pretty well.
Asante is hurt too. Seems like he gets 2-3 stingers a month. He was never a good tackler before, but I'd be surprised if he could give a guy a hug right now, let along wrap him up and bring him down.

The team is missing basically all its linebackers and all its CB depth. Of course the middle of the field is going to get shredded.

Old
11-30-2009, 04:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
When I play Madden, and the throwbacks are an option I use them exclusively.

Old
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM
IrishSniper87

Celek extended 6 years by Eagles.

Nice.

ESPN-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Old
12-01-2009, 10:44 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:

- Lost the D coordinator

Im just astounded the Eagles have 11 men who can not tackle. I mean if you play defense and cant tackle you dont make it to the NFL, unless u find your way to the Eagles. Also, championship teams have depth players that step up. No one has this year. Injuries happen, the good teams over come that. Same with letting a key player go in free agency. Asante is overpaid and overrated. Sure asante has 7 picks, but hes missed quite a few tackels that led to TD's or FG's. Missing 3rd down tackles kills a team. Trust me. Eagles play like that against a real NFL team, they dont win. Period. Sure they will make the playoffs (because outside of the Saints the NFC sucks) but if they meet New Orleans, Brees is going to drop 500 yards and 60 points if they play like they did against Washington. Id give up the picks for coverage in a heartbeat. 3 and outs are just as effective. The offense gets hot and cold during a game and going score for score isnt going to favor them. The d needs to step up. period.

Old
12-01-2009, 11:01 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Celek extended 6 years by Eagles.

Nice.

ESPN-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines
Awesome, hope it's a nice figure, he's really stepped it up this year.

Quote:
Im just astounded the Eagles have 11 men who can not tackle. I mean if you play defense and cant tackle you dont make it to the NFL, unless u find your way to the Eagles. Also, championship teams have depth players that step up. No one has this year. Injuries happen, the good teams over come that. Same with letting a key player go in free agency. Asante is overpaid and overrated. Sure asante has 7 picks, but hes missed quite a few tackels that led to TD's or FG's. Missing 3rd down tackles kills a team. Trust me. Eagles play like that against a real NFL team, they dont win. Period. Sure they will make the playoffs (because outside of the Saints the NFC sucks) but if they meet New Orleans, Brees is going to drop 500 yards and 60 points if they play like they did against Washington. Id give up the picks for coverage in a heartbeat. 3 and outs are just as effective. The offense gets hot and cold during a game and going score for score isnt going to favor them. The d needs to step up. period.
Again, what do you expect when 2-3 LBs are hurt? LBs are the ones that need to step up a lot and make tackles and the fact is that Tracy White, Trotter, and Joe Mays simply aren't going to do that. Also, Dawkins was a great tackling FS and we replaced him with frickin Macho Harris (still baffled on that one).

I mean, anyone expecting Asante to tackle much wasn't watching him in NE, it ain't going to happen, particularly when he's banged up. My main problem with Asante is that he's a gambler and while you'll get picks that way, you also give up big plays that way and he's given up plenty this year.

Fact of the matter is that this team needs LBs, I think going into next year, Stu-Brad and Witherspoon are both good players and then you have Jordan/Gaither/Gocong for the other spot and they need a decent free safety, both Jones and Harris have been well below average.

Also wouldn't mind picking up a stud DT. I think both Bunk and Patterson are solid, but seeing the wreckage Vince Wilfork wreaks in an O-line every game is something else, if the Eagles had someone like that, makes Parker, Cole, and Abiamiri that much more effective.

Old
12-01-2009, 11:55 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Awesome, hope it's a nice figure, he's really stepped it up this year.

Again, what do you expect when 2-3 LBs are hurt? LBs are the ones that need to step up a lot and make tackles and the fact is that Tracy White, Trotter, and Joe Mays simply aren't going to do that. Also, Dawkins was a great tackling FS and we replaced him with frickin Macho Harris (still baffled on that one).

I mean, anyone expecting Asante to tackle much wasn't watching him in NE, it ain't going to happen, particularly when he's banged up. My main problem with Asante is that he's a gambler and while you'll get picks that way, you also give up big plays that way and he's given up plenty this year.

Fact of the matter is that this team needs LBs, I think going into next year, Stu-Brad and Witherspoon are both good players and then you have Jordan/Gaither/Gocong for the other spot and they need a decent free safety, both Jones and Harris have been well below average.

Also wouldn't mind picking up a stud DT. I think both Bunk and Patterson are solid, but seeing the wreckage Vince Wilfork wreaks in an O-line every game is something else, if the Eagles had someone like that, makes Parker, Cole, and Abiamiri that much more effective.
I expect the Eagles to draft and sign depth players that can actually play the game instead of standing on the field with their thumbs up their *****.

I was against the Asante signing from the get go. Guys garbage. He does just as much bad as he does good. He'll get 2 picks but give up 2 60 yard plays. Id rather give up the picks for better coverage.

Closed Thread