HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal for Havlat

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Ford Prefect

vCash: 500
Proposal for Havlat

I was glancing over the roster from Ottawa and saw that they have arguably the deepest roster of wingers in the NHL. Alfie, Hossa, Bondra, and Havlat, all of whom are listed as RWers. Muckler stated that he is going to be picking up Bondra's contract for next year, and Alfie just got a contract extension. I believe that Hossa is the most talented player on the roster... Who does it leave without first line minutes? I think that Havlat could get you a marvelous return. The question is, what would it take to land him? I know the difficulties of inter-division trades, so I'm not saying that it is likely, but what would it take to land him in Montreal?

My offer would be:

- 1st this year (I think it is around 18). We have enough prospects stacked at various positions, I think we could stand to lose one draft pick.
- Marcel Hossa. Maybe Marion would be a good mentor for him. I think he could be formidable on the third line with Varada.
- Richard Zednik. You gotta give to get. He can play at least second line, and he has the ability to play low and in front of the net, something that seems to be hampering the Sens, if the Leafs series is an indication. He is pretty versatile and can play both wings.

In return:

- Havlat. 'Nuff said.
- A mid level prospect. I'm not too familiar with their players, but someone like Charlie Stephens or Patrick Eaves?

Is this reasonable?

Old
04-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Well, having Havlat in Montreal would be great. He's young and he's amazing but I don't think Muckler would be willing to trade him.

But to answer your question, I don't hate your proposal at all. Next year, Hossa have to clear weavers to play in Hamilton so he have to stay with the Habs...I'm not sold on Zednik. He can score but he show he's not constent. And for the 1st, I wouldn't be to willing to trade it. We don't have any second rounder this year and I think we need another good D prospect wich we could draft this year.

Old
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Where did this come from? LOL!

Sorry to disapoint, but Havlat aint going nowhere.

As for your proposal, its fair.

Old
H3ro

Is this reasonable?

Yes. I would love to see a deal like that happen!

Old
04-14-2004, 04:54 PM
justicex

How about Théo for Havlat?

or Théo for Raycroff?

Old
04-14-2004, 05:16 PM
J-D

If it did happen, I would begin to think Bob Gainey got hypnotic superpowers, probably when he was accidently tossed in a radioactive toxic waste. Havlat is one of those players I'd give a kidney, a leg and an arm for.

Old
04-14-2004, 05:56 PM
not quite yoda

I would make that deal from a Habs standpoint.

Old
04-14-2004, 08:18 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
If it did happen, I would begin to think Bob Gainey got hypnotic superpowers, probably when he was accidently tossed in a radioactive toxic waste. Havlat is one of those players I'd give a kidney, a leg and an arm for.
Totally agreed.
I don't think the offer would be enough to land Havlat though, as much as I hate giving up 1st round picks!

Old
04-14-2004, 08:20 PM
habsfan11

Why not spezza instead of havlet.... he just can seem to stick with the team

Old
04-14-2004, 10:06 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
I would love that even more. The kid has a brilliant set of skills and yet Martin has shown no faith in him.

Unfortunately, there is no way Muckler would quit on him at such a young age. He is only 21.

Also Zednick is yet another RW. Ottawa already has too many good ones (Hossa, Alfredson, Havlat). What the Sens lack is a top 1st line centre with size. They are hoping Spezza develops into exactly that.

Old
04-14-2004, 10:12 PM
The King of Town

unfortunately Hossa can't crack the Montreal lineup, so he won't crack the Sens' either.

Zednick hasn't been the same since the injury in the playoffs two years ago... argue this as much as you want, you know it's true!

and Patrick Eaves is not a "mid-level" prospect.. he's one of our best! I wouldn't trade him for any of the players you mentionned so far (doesn't help that Zednick is yet another right winger)

sorry... not happening.

Old
04-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Zednik

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven
Zednick hasn't been the same since the injury in the playoffs two years ago... argue this as much as you want, you know it's true!
Yeah, that's why he scored 31 goals the following year

Old
04-14-2004, 11:57 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
Yeah, that's why he scored 31 goals the following year
And 25 this year. Where the best in the league scored 41.
:gman:

I think however that Zednik is too streaky. It's time to replace him with a star player like Guerin or another very good player who can score. I must admit that Zednik comes at a cheap price (under 2 millions!!!)

Old
04-15-2004, 06:20 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
Perhaps more likely, but I'm with J-D when I say that I would donate a kidney on Bob Gainey's behalf to a dying child if we were to get Havlat! That guy is something to watch. I think Spezza will continue to improve after this impressive sophmore season, and Muckler is now aware of that. Too bad, as he's exactly what we could use: a big, talented, right handed shot centerman with star potential.

Closed Thread