HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Hamhuis

Old
11-25-2009, 01:55 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Dan Hamhuis

I keep hearing him in trade rumors and yet he's still getting 20 minutes a game. Weber and Suter are a given. Klein and Bouillon are solidifying into a good line. Is Hamhuis and Franson a good enough pairing? Are the Preds basically playing 5 defenseman with Franson getting sparse time?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 01:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I keep hearing him in trade rumors and yet he's still getting 20 minutes a game. Weber and Suter are a given. Klein and Bouillon are solidifying into a good line. Is Hamhuis and Franson a good enough pairing? Are the Preds basically playing 5 defenseman with Franson getting sparse time?
I haven't seen any real rumors involving Hamhuis, and I'd be shocked if he was traded. After a rocky start, he's been great for us.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I would definitely keep him around. For $2M, you can't get any better. We might be able to scrape by without him, but we would have no depth if anything were to happen.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

He is actually making 3 million. His cap his is 2 million.

If we are in the hunt, Poile will not move him, regardless of whether or not he walks in FA or not...It looks like we will be in the hunt, so I expect him to be in the Preds uni for the remainder of the year .

11-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

I'd love to resign him, 4-6 years with a $3 - $3.5 million cap hit. Hopefully that would be enough to get it done.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
He is actually making 3 million. His cap his is 2 million.

If we are in the hunt, Poile will not move him, regardless of whether or not he walks in FA or not...It looks like we will be in the hunt, so I expect him to be in the Preds uni for the remainder of the year .
Yep. You can't do better than $2M. I say keep him regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I'd love to resign him, 4-6 years with a $3 - $3.5 million cap hit. Hopefully that would be enough to get it done.
I think he'll demand at least $4M, or at least that's what I think he'd get on the open market.

Old
11-29-2009, 03:32 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Yep. You can't do better than $2M. I say keep him regardless.

I think he'll demand at least $4M, or at least that's what I think he'd get on the open market.
yup.

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
predfan98

He's gone after this year.

We won't be able to afford him. At least 4 million plus......... This is his chance for the big bucks. And he'll play hardball, rightly so.

Sorry to see him go.

To answer BFCAT's question...........Franson and Hamhuis are solid together, and we're playing all 6 D's.

And I agree with whoever ^^^, if we're in the hunt, he won't be traded. We'll just have to let him walk.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:16 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

If we keep him for a run then we can still trade his rights. We could get a pick or two out of it.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 07:00 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
He's gone after this year.

We won't be able to afford him. At least 4 million plus......... This is his chance for the big bucks. And he'll play hardball, rightly so.

Sorry to see him go.

To answer BFCAT's question...........Franson and Hamhuis are solid together, and we're playing all 6 D's.

And I agree with whoever ^^^, if we're in the hunt, he won't be traded. We'll just have to let him walk.
I don't agree. I could see the team make a move to dump salary to keep Rinne and Hamhuis. A lot of minor contracts will be gone this year but let's say the Preds go for broke, trade Erat to Atlanta to get the rental Kovy for a year. Basically, you dump Erat's contract and can use that to sign Hamhuis and Rinne. Then you have the ever present problem of not enough wings.

Old
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Even if NSH is in the hunt for a playoff spot by the trade deadline, the Preds will still be able to get back a d-man (or two) from an upper echelon contender like WSH or SJS, if the deal involves multiple players on both sides; ie, dealing Hamhuis does not necessarily spell the end of NSH's 2010 playoff ambitions.

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 09:52 PM
predfan98

Quote:
I don't agree. I could see the team make a move to dump salary to keep Rinne and Hamhuis. A lot of minor contracts will be gone this year but let's say the Preds go for broke, trade Erat to Atlanta to get the rental Kovy for a year. Basically, you dump Erat's contract and can use that to sign Hamhuis and Rinne. Then you have the ever present problem of not enough wings.
Doesn't Erat have a NTC?

I just think it is more likely than we re-sign Bouillon, and assume that Sulzer or Jussi or both are going to be here on D next year.

I heard Fenton on the radio, I think it was Saturday, and he was very high on Jussi coming over next year and making a case for himself on the team next year.

edit: I think the big salaries to make room for are Pekka Rinne and Weber.

Last edited by predfan98: 11-29-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: adding something
predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Doesn't Erat have a NTC?

I just think it is more likely than we re-sign Bouillon, and assume that Sulzer or Jussi or both are going to be here on D next year.

I heard Fenton on the radio, I think it was Saturday, and he was very high on Jussi coming over next year and making a case for himself on the team next year.

edit: I think the big salaries to make room for are Pekka Rinne and Weber.
Erat has an NMC and no reason to waive it...

Josi will be in Milwaukee next season. Bouillon will be re-signed to replace Hamhuis. Rinne needs to be re-signed, but Weber has a few more years and Suter is up before him...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I just can't picture Poile asking anyone to waive their NMC. Seems like a very out of character thing for him to do. Why bother giving out NMC's in the first place? Poile is just too loyal for that

Old
11-30-2009, 09:45 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
I just can't picture Poile asking anyone to waive their NMC. Seems like a very out of character thing for him to do. Why bother giving out NMC's in the first place? Poile is just too loyal for that
true, I'm not the biggest fan of NMC and NTC, it handcuffs a team. I'm just playing out ideas in my head. Rinne is the first priority. But I think Hamhuis is the second priority. Everyone else is expendable. The question is have is is the expected contract for Hamhuis worth Klein + Bouillion? I mean, can you pay Klein and Bouillion the same amount as a Hamhuis contract?

Old
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
IMO, Hammer has been our best dman in the past 10-12 games. While, he is not going up against team's top lines like Weber and Suter are, he has looked VERY good on the penalty kill and has not given up the blueline AT ALL even strength.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 10:49 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Erat has an NMC and no reason to waive it...

Josi will be in Milwaukee next season. Bouillon will be re-signed to replace Hamhuis. Rinne needs to be re-signed, but Weber has a few more years and Suter is up before him...
I doubt Bouillon will be back for you guys next year. I think you will have Sulzer play the full year instead, or have Josi make a straight jump to the NHL.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I doubt Bouillon will be back for you guys next year..
any reason?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
any reason?
I just think that they would give a young guy a chance over a 34 yaer old. Especially considering you have Sulzer and Laakso who are NHL ready, while Blum and Josi could break the roster as well.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:21 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I just think that they would give a young guy a chance over a 34 yaer old. Especially considering you have Sulzer and Laakso who are NHL ready, while Blum and Josi could break the roster as well.

Laakso, Blum, and Josi are all going to be in the minors or back in Europe next year.

Bouillon would be a very good player to bring back. He's a great addition for the money, and he doesn't rock the boat away from the ice.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post

Laakso, Blum, and Josi are all going to be in the minors or back in Europe next year.

Bouillon would be a very good player to bring back. He's a great addition for the money, and he doesn't rock the boat away from the ice.

Agreed... though I think Blum will be ready.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
lstcyr

I think we're going to find that Bouillon in more in demand than we think. The way he's playing he should get more money elsewhere.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 03:23 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Agreed... though I think Blum will be ready.

Yeah, I don't see why anyone would be laughing and saying Blum will be in the minors next year. It seems since he's already had several good looks in camp, and showed decently, and is playing well in Milwaukee from most accounts, he will have a solid chance of making the big club. Only so many spots though.

I don't know about Laakso. He must be in range of being NHL level, or he wouldn't have stayed with the team for awhile. But maybe he will head to Europe if it doesn't look like he can make it here by next year. He may have to accept making whatever money he can get in Europe, that may be his level.

I'm excited about Josi. It would be very surprising to jump straight onto the Preds though. So it would seem Milwaukee for him.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 11:12 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

All I keep hearing about is Hamhuis is AWFUL this year. Ok, let's look at statistically:

This year: Even strength ice time per game 17:41, PK time 2:40, PP time :27
Last year: Even strength ice time per game 17:44, PK time 3:41, PP time 1:24

This year: 3 goals, 8 assists, 11 points in 32 games, 7G, 17A, 24 point pace
Last year: 3 goals, 23 assists, 26 points in 82 games

His PK time is down simply because Nashville's PMs are down this year. This year Nashville is averaging 9.6 Minutes per game. last year it was 12.1

Last year Nashville had 411 penalties, this year they are on pace for 323.
Power play oppertunities: Last year 318, this year's pace 308.

So I look at this and I have to say, what has changed about this team?

Weber 23:10 minutes a game, Last year: 23:58
Suter 24:05 minutes a game, Last year: 24:15

this is a push but their offensive stats are down with their +/- going up.

Zanon is replaced by Klein, De Vries was replaced by Bouillon, Koistenen is replaced by Franson.

All of these are big upgrades and explain the number of shifts going down for Hamhuis. going from 2,200 to 1,800 pace.

If anything, looking at the stats. the talent surrounding Hamhuis has gotten much better. Hamhuis is still statistically is Hamhuis. If anything, his goal scoring is better But this is a statistical analysis not a emperial view.

Old
12-20-2009, 11:25 AM
dulzhok

He's not awful (except for last night), but he's no where near the #2 dman people make him out to be.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote