HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nieuwendyk a no-go

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 12:43 PM
discostu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varada
Speaking of hypocricy, why is that Cherry and Leaf Nation not talking about Tucker's performance late in Game 4, when they were so willing to talk about Kovalev. I'm not equated the two, in matters of degree Kovalev's performance was infinitely worse. However, I'm positive that was a dive, followed by the sympathy act. I didn't see Spezza or Klee's stick make contact with his face. I could be wrong, and would love for more objective sports fans to comment
I wouldn't call myself "more objective" but Tucker was hamming it up out there last night. I don't care if Cherry won't acknowledge it, as that doesn't impact the game. I do think the refs took notice of it though, and I think Tucker is less likely to draw penalties for the rest of the series because of it, which is fine by me.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Domi and Marchment are goons, and shouldn't even be in the league. Hence the majority of their actons are of the goon variety. Tucker is a pint size good. The little goon who couldn't.
Domi has more skill than Neil, should Neil be in the leauge?

Marchment is a capable defenceman.

Quote:
Speaking of hypocricy, why is that Cherry and Leaf Nation not talking about Tucker's performance late in Game 4, when they were so willing to talk about Kovalev. I'm not equated the two, in matters of degree Kovalev's performance was infinitely worse. However, I'm positive that was a dive, followed by the sympathy act. I didn't see Spezza or Klee's stick make contact with his face. I could be wrong, and would love for more objective sports fans to comment
Tucker left the game, obviously he was hurt. If he had laid there dying, and then got up only to mouth off to the Sens bench, then yes we would have heard about it.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Tucker is a pint size good. The little goon who couldn't.
A "good" that scores 20+ goals.

Old
04-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Capt Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender
Domi has more skill than Neil, should Neil be in the leauge?

Marchment is a capable defenceman.
Yea Domi is sooooo skilled.

Neil got more goals in his first year than Domi got in his first 4 yrs. Yea, I guess he should be the league.

Old
04-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Tuttle
Yea Domi is sooooo skilled.

Neil got more goals in his first year than Domi got in his first 4 yrs. Yea, I guess he should be the league.
Well, that is a pretty pointless stat considering Neil played in quite a few more games early in his nhl career. Domi scored 15 goals last year, Neil has never reached that.

That is not my point anyway. If you feel Domi does not belong in the league, then why wouldn't you feel the same way about Neil? (other than the obvious, being Domi plays for the Leafs and Neil for the Sens.)

Old
04-15-2004, 02:25 PM
thesiver

Quote:
A "good" that scores 20+ goals.
I think you mean "goon"

Old
04-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesiver
I think you mean "goon"
No kidding. Read the post I quoted.

Old
04-15-2004, 03:10 PM
chara

I thought this post was about Nieuwendyk, class act dealt a bad hand by Pat Quinn.

If Newie played for the Sens, he'd be centering Schaeffer and Havlat and not the lazy bums AnthroPOD and PonaWhatever in TO. Even mentioning those 2 bums names in the same breath as Newie is giving me back spasms.

Old
04-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by chara
I thought this post was about Nieuwendyk, class act dealt a bad hand by Pat Quinn.

If Newie played for the Sens, he'd be centering Schaeffer and Havlat and not the lazy bums AnthroPOD and PonaWhatever in TO. Even mentioning those 2 bums names in the same breath as Newie is giving me back spasms.
Poni is not lazy, Antropov is occasionally.

But please stop pretending you give a damm about who Joe's linemates are, when in reality you are just using it as something to bash Quinn for.

Old
04-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Kemosabe

Quote:
Great News Sens fans . . .it turns out the physical play of Sens has just reaped its first geriatric causality.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...14_131227_5084
I think this is fine, don't have a problem with you being happy about it. In all honesty I was really happy when Hossa got the puck in the face back in the regular season...so we're on the same page.

Old
04-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Capt Tuttle

Quote:
Well, that is a pretty pointless stat considering Neil played in quite a few more games early in his nhl career. Domi scored 15 goals last year, Neil has never reached that.

That is not my point anyway. If you feel Domi does not belong in the league, then why wouldn't you feel the same way about Neil? (other than the obvious, being Domi plays for the Leafs and Neil for the Sens.)
Neil played in quite a few more games early in his nhl career because he's a better hockey player than Domi was at that stage of his career. Yes, Tie got 15 goals one year but that was after how many years in the league. Neil is a much better player than Domi was at Neil's present age so I think it's safe to say Neil should surpass that modest achievement in the next few years.

Old
04-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Capt Tuttle

Quote:

Neil played in quite a few more games early in his nhl career because he's a better hockey player than Domi was at that stage of his career. Yes, Tie got 15 goals one year but that was after how many years in the league. Neil is a much better player than Domi was at Neil's present age so I think it's safe to say Neil should surpass that modest achievement in the next few years.

Closed Thread