HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Havlat proposal from a Habs fan

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Ford Prefect

vCash: 500
Havlat proposal from a Habs fan

I was glancing over the roster from Ottawa and saw that they have arguably the deepest roster of wingers in the NHL. Alfie, Hossa, Bondra, and Havlat, all of whom are listed as RWers. Muckler stated that he is going to be picking up Bondra's contract for next year, and Alfie just got a contract extension. I believe that Hossa is the most talented player on the roster... Who does it leave without first line minutes? I think that Havlat could get you a marvelous return. The question is, what would it take to land him? I know the difficulties of inter-division trades, so I'm not saying that it is likely, but what would it take to land him in Montreal?

My offer would be:

- 1st this year (I think it is around 18). We have enough prospects stacked at various positions, I think we could stand to lose one draft pick.
- Marcel Hossa. Maybe Marion would be a good mentor for him. I think he could be formidable on the third line with Varada.
- Richard Zednik. You gotta give to get. He can play at least second line, and he has the ability to play low and in front of the net, something that seems to be hampering the Sens, if the Leafs series is an indication. He is pretty versatile and can play both wings.

In return:

- Havlat. 'Nuff said.
- A mid level prospect. I'm not too familiar with their players, but someone like Charlie Stephens or Patrick Eaves?

Is this reasonable?

Old
04-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Quantas

Nope. To be honest, I don't think it's even close. And when you factor in that these are divisional rivals...

Old
04-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Yeah not even close to reasonable...and I don't mean to be overrating anyone or anything, but it's not going to happen. Havlat is our most talented if you ask me...he's steadily improved each year and is now a point-per game player. We don't need a "could be"...we need a guy that has proven himself to be a top player. Eaves is also a former first rounder..so that deal would perhaps be our worst yet

Old
04-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Spezza

Only way sens deal Havlat is for a p/f type player.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Zoo

Even if this trade went ahead, which it wouldn't.Ottawa wouldn't have to add another player, your not getting your hands on Eave's.

Old
04-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Safir*

During the time, when Bertuzzi was still avaiable, I had some Canucks poster interesed in a Havlat, 1st '03 or 03 & Vermette for Bertuzzi, but we couldn't agree with the majorty of the Canucks fans.

Closed Thread