HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Random Thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 06:11 PM
NYR1084

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Random Thoughts

Hey guys

Few thoughts about last night, and the series:

Rivet: some guys here are not a fan of this guy, but I am. I think he works and works each shift. Id rather him make a physical mistake, like a bad pass, rather than a mental mistake. He logged tons of ice last night, and in my opinion he played some solid hockey. From big things to strong checks to little things like helping a hurt Hab off the ice, I personally believe that this guy deserves to wear the 'A'.

Koviu: He needs to start producing. Wears that 'C' for a reason. Him and Thronton have had a terrible series, so he needs to step it up.

Theodore: every time a shots taken, I have to hold my breath. I know hes a solid goaltender, but a few messups in the games have led me to believe otherwise.

Zednik: worked hard, was all over the ice doing his job. I think he had a good game last night.

Riberio: besides from his "acting", what it comes down to is that he put the puck in net twice last night. Thats what counts to me. Whether he embellished his injury or not, it doesnt matter to me, as long as he keeps producing.

Kovalev: People are ripping on him for the "acting" that caused the run in with Souray, which led to the Murray breakaway. Granted, it happens lots of times that guys embellish the act. Hell, even Raycroft acted hurt when I believe Begin tapped him 2 games ago. Players do it to take a chance, gain a powerplay. Granted, he took a shot and it backfired badly. I would resign him in a heartbeat. He is still a strong player on the ice. His hands are so soft, his vision is amazing, and his shot is quick. Id keep him.

Obviously last night was a big game, but I hope now this huge desperation that the Habs are in lights a fire under their *****. I hope that this situation slaps Theo upside the head and tells him to play the way he all know he can. A solid, solid goaltender can carry a team, as we saw with Theo 2 years ago, and with JSG last year.

The last 3 games, especially the last 2, I personally the Canadiens were the better team on the ice. Its our series to lose.

Just a few thoughts I felt I needed to say.

Take care,

Kev

Old
04-14-2004, 06:14 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I agree with you on everything except Koivu. I think he's been great. Yeah, we have been the better team, I just hope they can come through and proove it to everyone. It starts in the net though.

Old
04-14-2004, 08:31 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I agree with your disagreement, jl.roberts! I too think Saku had a great night on offense. He looked to me pretty confident with the puck, and he has beaten Bruins defenseman in 1-on-1 situations at the Boston blueline quite a few times... that, IMO, is a good indication of him being in good shape. Maybe he couldn't find the back of the net, but he did create scoring chances for his linemates and for himself. If he couldn't create any offense, that'd be a different story though.... but it's not the case.

Let alone the final result of the game, I think we can be pretty happy about Saku and his line as they outplayed the Thornton line on most shifts.

Old
04-14-2004, 08:35 PM
#44_delivers

they all have played great i mean we outplayed them for the last 3 games, theo's the reason why its 3-1 bruins and not 3-1 habs, so if theo decides to come out and change his game, we get a missing element back(our most important one)
i hope the boy take it 1 game at a time we are still in this thing.
if real theo shows up this will be a completly diferent series.

Old
04-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
One very, very interesting point that Kev brought up was Rivet. He certainly played like a leader tonight, and looked like the kind of guy you would want next to you in a dark Montreal alley.

No seriously, I really liked the way as soon as Quintal went down, he rushed up and bent down. He then spoke to Q for a few minutes before helping him off the ice. That shows true leadership. A man who cares about his compatriots. On that note I think Koivu should have actually done that job, but I believe he wasn't on the ice at the time, and knowing the referees, we would have got a too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty had he stepped over the boards if all 6 of our players on the ice had their heads chopped off 'by mistake' by a bewildered-looking Joe Thornton.

Nevertheless, it was good seeing Rivet step up where it counts, and watching the Canadiens actually seem to care for each other, especially after hearing things the whole year like, 'Saku Koivu cut one of Mike Ribeiro's nails,' and 'Craig Rivet impailed Pierre Dagenais with his stick,' and 'One of Jose Theodore's old buddies, a big guy named Tony, kicked Joe Juneau in the face with his skates.' So it's good to see some solidarity around here, and Rivet is setting a good example.

Next time someone goes down, I expect everyone on the ice to hoist him up on their shoulders, and to lug him all the way to the bench in one synchronized skate, and then dump the unfortunate victim of a Lapointe uppercut to the face into the lap of one of our trainers.

Keep going as a team, Canadiens!!!

Lafleur says that we should send Begin after Lapointe, to give him such a concussion that Lapointe will confuse his elbow pads with his jock strap.

Old
04-15-2004, 08:19 AM
mcphee

I would never skate up to an injured player, because in case I was laughing I wouldn't want to be on camera.

Deep Thoughts by mcphee

Old
04-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Rivet is not liked by me he gives the puck away like he is trying to do it on purpose...

Closed Thread