Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2009 NHL MVP is Russian again

Old
04-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Paxton Fettel

vCash: 500
2009 NHL MVP is Russian again

Amazing, I never thought that Russia would get 3 nominees for the Hart Trophy in the same year. Wooooooooow!

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 02:52 PM
MaxV

It's cool.

I hope Malkin wins it this year, but I'll be happy no matter which one of these guys take it.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I think while Malkin and Ovechkin are natural talents Datsuk is better than both in smarts and pure skill.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 12:17 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Ovechkin takes it again, I'm just glad Cindy Crosby didn't get nominated. Finally they realize that scoring empty net goals doesn't make you valuable.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Ovechkin takes it again, I'm just glad Cindy Crosby didn't get nominated. Finally they realize that scoring empty net goals doesn't make you valuable.
You realize of course that both A.O and Malkin have more empty net goals compared to Crosby both this year and last ?

Crosby wasn't all the way up there because Malkin had a better season, and you can hardly be MVP of the league if you're not MVP on your own team. Ultimately these three guys will battle for this trophy and the Art Ross every year for the next decade. Don't think there's much to separate them - just different styles and pros/cons.

Congrats to Russia btw. All three deserve it, and you guys have sick elite talent these years. That Olympic team should be absolute dynamite.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Show me the numbers friend. Even if, there is still a big difference -OV scores almost twice the goals of Crosby (okay, maybe a small exaggeration here, but you get the point).

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 04:46 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Show me the numbers friend. Even if, there is still a big difference -OV scores almost twice the goals of Crosby (okay, maybe a small exaggeration here, but you get the point).
Its easy to find the numbers for yourself on the NHL website. Crosby has had 2 ENG this season, 0 last season. Ovechkin 5 this season, 3 last season. Malkin 3 this season, 5 last season. So, 8-8-2. As arguments goes, yours sucked .

Ultimately the point is that the highest number of goals should not equate to MVP, just like pacing the league in turnovers does not mean you cannot deserve it. Goals dictate who wins the Rocket Richard trophy. Datsyuk is a valid candidate also despite scoring less than the others.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 10:33 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Amazing, I never thought that Russia would get 3 nominees for the Hart Trophy in the same year. Wooooooooow!
Congrats. I live in the United States and I'll be the first one too say the "Big Red Machine" rules!!! Smokes Canada. You guy's should have won it in 1972. The Summit series.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 10:55 PM
gravytrain6t

Canada is just not as good as Russia in hockey. Canada won the 1972 Summit Series because Bobby Clarke played it dirty and was instructed to take out the Soviet's best player (Kharlamov).

If Canada wants to make the argument that Orr wasn't 100% healthy, that's okay. Or that they didn't use some WHL players like Bobby Hull, that's fine too.

But the Soviets should have won and it was a disgrace that Canada won the first Summit Series.

In 1974 the Soviets burried the Canadians WHL's best players. Canada only won 1 game and tied 3 games while the Soviets won 4 games!! Blow Out!!!

1987 Canada Cup. Take a good look at Mario Lemieux's goal. There should have obviously been a hooking or interference call on Hawerchuk but it was never called.

Crosby, Iginla and Thorton is a line that is no match for Ovechkin, Malkin and Kovalchuk.

In internation competition, Canada can have their Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky and Phil Esposito (in his prime). The truth is, Krutov, Larionov, and Makarov will not only win, but embarrass them head to head as the 2 top opposing lines.

Why many Russians do not excel in the NHL is because I think many great ones didn't care about the NHL and the Stanley Cup.

Old
08-01-2009, 03:45 AM
deanosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Canada is just not as good as Russia in hockey. Canada won the 1972 Summit Series because Bobby Clarke played it dirty and was instructed to take out the Soviet's best player (Kharlamov).

If Canada wants to make the argument that Orr wasn't 100% healthy, that's okay. Or that they didn't use some WHL players like Bobby Hull, that's fine too.

But the Soviets should have won and it was a disgrace that Canada won the first Summit Series.

In 1974 the Soviets burried the Canadians WHL's best players. Canada only won 1 game and tied 3 games while the Soviets won 4 games!! Blow Out!!!

1987 Canada Cup. Take a good look at Mario Lemieux's goal. There should have obviously been a hooking or interference call on Hawerchuk but it was never called.

Crosby, Iginla and Thorton is a line that is no match for Ovechkin, Malkin and Kovalchuk.

In internation competition, Canada can have their Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky and Phil Esposito (in his prime). The truth is, Krutov, Larionov, and Makarov will not only win, but embarrass them head to head as the 2 top opposing lines.

Why many Russians do not excel in the NHL is because I think many great ones didn't care about the NHL and the Stanley Cup.
Wow. That has to be the most anti-Canadian hockey post Ive ever seen.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 03:47 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
No not exactly. I'm talking about international play and big wide playing surfaces where the Russians can use their finesse.

Go back to before the lockout where the rinks were smaller, the Canadians can win by playing a more physical game. But it would have to be Canada's best players. Because even then, the Soviets were beating NHL teams like Montreal, NYR, and NYI. I would be ignorant to not recognize just how great the Russians are when it comes to international play.

And if this is the most anti canadian post you've ever seen. It's nothing compared to the scene that was at the Canadians home arena where a sold out crowd drowned out the American national anthem with booos! Even Don Cherry was shocked there.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2qFfuLy_fs I know you're supposed to provide a source. But what I've said is nothing compared to what Canada thinks of the U.S. But obviously, that's a whole different argument all together.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 08-01-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old
08-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Kovy4thewin

Quote:
its just an American being jealous that they arent number one at everything dont worry we get alot of those.

Kovy4thewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Den

Quote:
But he is right about the "it was almost like 72" glorious victory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYTosg69rr8

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Kovy4thewin

i think that might of bin a dive also,no suprise if it was since its the russians we were playing

Kovy4thewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 09:24 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
But he is right about the "it was almost like 72" glorious victory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYTosg69rr8
Thank you for providing the footage. When did i say it was almost like 72' glorious victory? Learn how to use quotes please. Not just put words in people's mouths. You use quotation marks when you're repeating or copying the exact words from another source.

And what does your sentence even mean??lol What are you being sarcastic about? Now you're saying I'm comparing the significance of the Canada Cup to the Summit Series?? Or the missed penalty call vs Bobby Clarke's obvious attempt to take out the Soviet's best player so that Canada can ensure they win the Summit Series of 72'? Make yourself clear man!!

Actually, you only used starting quotes and 0 end quotes so it doesn't matter anyway. I'll just assume you threw some starting quotes in there because you made a mistake.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 10-06-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old
12-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Talus

In 72 Canadian players terribly out of shape as you could see in the games in Canada.
They get to Russia conditions were horrible, refs well everyone knows about that.
The Russians should have won that series .
If I was a fan of Russian hockey I would have been humiliated.
Paul Henderson alone beat the Russians how embarrassing is that.

Talus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Talus

We will see who is the best in February,Ovie might actually have to back check. LOL

Talus is offline   Reply With Quote