HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Offside!

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
No Offside!

Saw lots of times..

ESPN AND THE SCORE showed that there was no offside on Boston when Bulis was about to score into the empty netter to end the game with a 4-2 Habs victory and every Habs fan happy going into game 5.

:mad:

Old
04-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Ha ben zut momo...

What can we do unless being more in sacrament? What is done is done...period...dot com...

I know that suck but trying to find excuses won't bring us the victory, we need to focus on the next games.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:21 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
Ha ben zut momo...

What can we do unless being more in sacrament? What is done is done...period...dot com...

I know that suck but trying to find excuses won't bring us the victory, we need to focus on the next games.
As much as it SUCKS I have to agree, if ,coulda, woulda, DONE!

Game 5 Go Habs Go

Old
04-14-2004, 04:28 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Saw lots of times..

ESPN AND THE SCORE showed that there was no offside on Boston when Bulis was about to score into the empty netter to end the game with a 4-2 Habs victory and every Habs fan happy going into game 5.

ouch

oh well, now our Habs just have to win 3 games instead of 2. No big deal!

Old
04-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Well, I guest the work of the officials are one of the reason why the series is now 3-1for the B's. In the first overtime, they could have called many penalty but we only saw one...

Old
04-14-2004, 04:30 PM

at least this will help aleviate the "it's Kovalev's fault" theories...there you have it, the refs screwed up ...as if nobody knew.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Rumpy

Quote:
Saw lots of times..

R U kidding me if you watch the replay it was offside the puck came out by atleast 2 inches and it was then shot right back in....somebody find this guy a replay and some glasses....RUmpy

Old
04-14-2004, 04:40 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Anyway, stop living in the past, this game is over... we have to look forward to the next game, which we'll win

Old
04-14-2004, 04:43 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy
R U kidding me if you watch the replay it was offside the puck came out by atleast 2 inches and it was then shot right back in....somebody find this guy a replay and some glasses....RUmpy
um, maybe you should try to learn the rules before you post and try to belittle someone.

Yes, it was offside, but offside is only called WHEN IT TOUCHES A BOSTON PLAYER. If you look at the replay, the puck, when it is sent back into the zone, never touched a Boston player, so therefore the whistle should never have been blown, and Bulis should have had his open net.

The linesman screwed that one up. At least we know that its not always the ref's fault

Old
04-14-2004, 04:44 PM
keemo905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy

I have not seen the replay, but for the play to be stopped, the puck has to touch a bruins player or pass the face off circles... The way i saw it, the puck came out of the zone, was sent back in but Bulis got it right away... I just dont know if the puck touched the Bruins player beside Bulis. If it didn't it was a really bad call from the ref and it cost us the game. If the puck did touch the bruins palyer, it was a good call and we just chocked.

Does anybody know where i could see a replay of the offside on the net... any links?

Thanks

Old
04-14-2004, 04:48 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo905
I have not seen the replay, but for the play to be stopped, the puck has to touch a bruins player or pass the face off circles... The way i saw it, the puck came out of the zone, was sent back in but Bulis got it right away... I just dont know if the puck touched the Bruins player beside Bulis. If it didn't it was a really bad call from the ref and it cost us the game. If the puck did touch the bruins palyer, it was a good call and we just chocked.
They showed the replay many times on the Score last night, and it definitely did not touch a Boston player. It was funny, the analyst was saying, "It was a right call because it hit the Boston player first", but then they showed the replay, and the host said, "from that replay, its obvious that the Boston player never touched it", and the analyst was saying, "Um, well, we'll have to see that slowed down a bit...but if that happened, then its a bad call".

Stupid analysts....

Old
04-14-2004, 04:48 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman
Yes, it was offside, but offside is only called WHEN IT TOUCHES A BOSTON PLAYER.
Sorry to deceive you, but right now, in the NHL, if the puck comes out of the zone and is dropped back inside, an offside is called if there's still a Bruins in the zone... no matter if he touches it

Old
04-14-2004, 04:58 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD
Sorry to deceive you, but right now, in the NHL, if the puck comes out of the zone and is dropped back inside, an offside is called if there's still a Bruins in the zone... no matter if he touches it

I was wrong when I said that offside is only called when it touches a Bruins player, but I know that they don't blow the whistle the second the puck comes into the zone. I think keemo905 got the rule right when he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo905
but for the play to be stopped, the puck has to touch a bruins player or pass the face off circles...

They never blow it down if the puck enters the zone by 1 or 2 feet like it did last night.

But yeah, knowing Bulis, he probably woulda missed the net anyways

Old
04-14-2004, 05:07 PM
fatmax

Calm down everybody!

Quote:
Saw lots of times..

I've ask my friend who was at the Bell Center yesterday and he told me this wasn't an offside but the referee wistle because an habs players was "hurt" ... "hurt" because everybody knows it, the guy was up and return to the bench!

Old
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman
But yeah, knowing Bulis, he probably woulda missed the net anyways

Wrong. He would've hit the post.

Old
04-14-2004, 05:21 PM
jcpenny

I knew that i was right and it did cost us the game.

Old
04-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Wrong. He would've hit the post.
Wrong. He would have deked that crap outa the post and THEN hit the post.

Old
04-14-2004, 05:47 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Saw lots of times..

No use in crying over it now! The game is done, and we can't have it back. To win 3 in a row would certainly be sweet revenge though.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:22 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Wrong. He would have deked that crap outa the post and THEN hit the post.
WRONG. He would have TRIED to deke the crap out of the post and lost the puck then turn around and shoot right at Raycroft's chest, who was sitting on the players bench. ...duh?

Old
04-14-2004, 06:44 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Saw lots of times..

I don't remember but in the game #5 or #6 of 2002 Samsonov scored a goal which has been disallowed by the refs. We also were sure goal was legit.

Can you imagine if goal counted and game saddenly became 2-2??? Oh, well....

Old
04-14-2004, 06:46 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Well, I guest the work of the officials are one of the reason why the series is now 3-1for the B's. In the first overtime, they could have called many penalty but we only saw one...

How many PP goals 5-on-4 Habs scored in these playoffs? That's what I thought.

Btw..Habs did have PP in second OT and 5-on-3 PP at the end of the 3rd!

If the Refs could've not only give PP time but also could've helped to score... that would be something.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:47 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
I don't remember but in the game #5 or #6 of 2002 Samsonov scored a goal which has been disallowed by the refs. We also were sure goal was legit.

Can you tell us why it was dissallowed again?

Old
04-14-2004, 06:48 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl

saddenly indeed....

but that's the Bruins! That happens to them....

These are the Habs and plus, that was so LONG ago, I mean, nobody even remembers that series, where the Habs eliminated the B's, and Theodore won those awards, etc, etc

Old
04-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji_ch
WRONG. He would have TRIED to deke the crap out of the post and lost the puck then turn around and shoot right at Raycroft's chest, who was sitting on the players bench. ...duh?
LOL, this is too funny making fun of Bulis this way. Offensively, he's the same as Petrov, but his size and defensive skills make him better than Pets.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:56 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Can you tell us why it was dissallowed again?
They called it "offside".

Closed Thread