HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers call up O'Marra, McDonald. Reddox back to Springfield.

Old
11-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Oilers call up O'Marra, McDonald. Reddox back to Springfield.

Via Oilers twitter.

I assume this means that Hemsky won't be back right away?

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Joe Hallenback

Bringing in the Beef

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:06 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Welcome to the Springfield Oilers.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Wow. Not too much faith in the Red Ox. Surprising. Looks like they want more beef with those other guys.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:07 PM
frag2

Next Game vs SJ....oh boy....

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:09 PM
MerryJ99

half of our team is from the Falcons, I just want this season to end already. so was Reddox sent down becuase they were unhappy with his play (I thought he was playing alright)?

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Rafters

Wow...never thought I would see the day that MacDonald was with the Oilers.....................so is that good or bad..........I know O'Marra and MacDonald have been playing well in a shutdown role for the Falcons...Hopefully they get a chance to prove they can be decent NHLers

Rafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:14 PM
eastcoasteh

Quinn doesn't like the gingers.

eastcoasteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Good on O'Marra and McDonald to get into some NHL games. Reddox IMO is o.k. but might get the short end of the stick since our top 6 is so small. I guess this means that Potulny will be staying up, good for him.

Penner-Gagner-O'Sullivan
Jacques-Horcoff-Brule
Moreau-Cogliano-Stortini
Potulny/Stone-O'Marra/Potulny-McDonald/O'Marra

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
half of our team is from the Falcons, I just want this season to end already. so was Reddox sent down becuase they were unhappy with his play (I thought he was playing alright)?
Next GDT should be "San Jose Sharks @ Springfield Falcons.

11-26-2009, 01:18 PM
FalconFan4life

Not suprised that Colin McDonald & Ryan O'Marra were called up,i knew they would be called up sometime this season.Since Rob Daum was named head coach of the Springfield Falcons late last season,both McDonald and O'Marra stood out as improved players since that coaching change and this season has been no different,
both McDonald & O'Marra have elevated their games with McDonald now digging along the boards and getting physical by throwing his weight around (i think he added weight since last season) and O'Marra has found his scoring touch this season.One other player you may see this season would be Geoff Paukovich who has inproved his game along with McDonald & O'Marra since late last season.I wouldn't be suprised if you see Rob Daum coaching in the next 2 years in Edmonton either!

FalconFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joe Hallenback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Good on O'Marra and McDonald to get into some NHL games. Reddox IMO is o.k. but might get the short end of the stick since our top 6 is so small. I guess this means that Potulny will be staying up, good for him.

Penner-Gagner-O'Sullivan
Jacques-Horcoff-Brule
Moreau-Cogliano-Stortini
Potulny/Stone-O'Marra/Potulny-McDonald/O'Marra
Have you had the chance to watch them much this year? How has Mcdonald been playing?

Old
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
Wow...never thought I would see the day that MacDonald was with the Oilers.....................so is that good or bad..........I know O'Marra and MacDonald have been playing well in a shutdown role for the Falcons...Hopefully they get a chance to prove they can be decent NHLers
I caught the tail end of Springfield's game last night and I'm not sure about McDonald, but O'Marra was out on the ice, that shows that Daum has confidence in his 2 way abilities. Hopefully I was wrong about the kid because the club could use a big pivot that hits and has decent hands.

Old
11-26-2009, 01:22 PM
AvOiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Next GDT should be "San Jose Sharks @ Edmonton Falcons.
Edited for accuracy.

AvOiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconFan4life View Post
Not suprised that Colin McDonald & Ryan O'Marra were called up,i knew they would be called up sometime this season.Since Rob Daum was named head coach of the Springfield Falcons late last season,both McDonald and O'Marra stood out as improved players since that coaching change and this season has been no different,
both McDonald & O'Marra have elevated their games with McDonald now digging along the boards and getting physical by throwing his weight around (i think he added weight since last season) and O'Marra has found his scoring touch this season.One other player you may see this season would be Geoff Paukovich who has inproved his game along with McDonald & O'Marra since late last season.I wouldn't be suprised if you see Rob Daum coaching in the next 2 years in Edmonton either!
Thanks Todd, I'll be trying to catch a few games in the next month or so to reevaluate their play compared to years past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Have you had the chance to watch them much this year? How has Mcdonald been playing?
Todd is the authority on that, I only caught the tail end of last nights game. Cody Wild had a brutal giveaway late in the 3rd that almost made it 4-2, they lost 3-2.

Old
11-26-2009, 01:24 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
It wouldn't suprise me if McDonald & O'Marra are used on the PK Unit as since Rob Daum took over head coaching duties late last season for the Springfield Falcons he has confidence in McDonald & O'Marra as PK'ers which they have been doing a real good job of since that coaching change.Daum is good at evaluating his players and getting the most out of them and after every shift you will see him mentoring his ''Students'' and so far the results are showing.

Old
11-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Joe Hallenback

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Mcdonald and O'Marra is exactly the type we need on the bottom 6 right now with his size. Hopefully they can duplicate what they did in the AHL

Old
11-26-2009, 01:32 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Thanks Todd, I'll be trying to catch a few games in the next month or so to reevaluate their play compared to years past.

Todd is the authority on that, I only caught the tail end of last nights game. Cody Wild had a brutal giveaway late in the 3rd that almost made it 4-2, they lost 3-2.
Wild has had 2 bad giveaways,one trying to clear the puck out of his own zone and basically passed it right on the opponents stick who made 4 strides and scored from the top of the faceoff circle (i believe it was in the 3rd period) .Last night his giveaway was pretty much the same except Worcester didn't score this time and i believe it was also in the 3rd period.At times Wild seems like he in LA LA land and other times he can jump up in the offence and make plays on offence and on defense,he just needs to be consistant and improve on his play from last season,so far he has taken a step back from last season's performance.Daum will fix that!

Old
11-26-2009, 01:35 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Thanks for the update. Mcdonald and O'Marra is exactly the type we need on the bottom 6 right now with his size. Hopefully they can duplicate what they did in the AHL
McDonald seems really hungry this season and O'Marra seems to be following his lead,just don't take Colin's sister to Edmonton leave her here for me will ya!

Old
11-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Truth Movement

Reddox was likely sent down because of his waivers situation.

Truth Movement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:42 PM
FalconFan4life

Here is the list of Transactions between Edmonton,Springfield,& Stockton so far this season;

Amtrak Transaction Page

Transaction History
Date Player Transaction
2009-11-23 Andrew Perugini (G) Recalled from loan by Stockton (ECHL)
2009-11-22 Devan Dubnyk (G) Recalled from loan by Edmonton (NHL)
2009-11-20 Jason Morgan (C) Signed to PTO
2009-11-17 Bryan Young (D) Recalled from loan by Stockton (ECHL)
2009-11-14 Dean Arsene (D) Recalled from loan by Edmonton (NHL)
2009-11-12 Jamie Bates (RW) Recalled from loan by Stockton (ECHL)
2009-11-12 Ryan O'Marra (C) Returned on loan to Edmonton (NHL)
2009-11-10 Ryan O'Marra (C) Recalled from loan by Edmonton (NHL)
2009-11-07 Liam Reddox (LW) Recalled from loan by Edmonton (NHL)
2009-11-07 Ryan Potulny (C) Recalled from loan by Edmonton (NHL)
2009-11-03 Bill Thomas (RW) Signed to PTO
2009-11-03 Theo Peckham (D) Returned on loan to Edmonton (NHL)
2009-10-23 Theo Peckham (D) Recalled from loan by Edmonton (NHL)
2009-10-13 Adam Henrich (LW) Released from PTO
2009-10-13 Chad Wiseman (C) Signed to PTO

Old
11-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

My guess is that Reddox got sent down because of the numbers game. Soon here they woudl have to put Reddox and/or Potulny on waivers. They probably thought they would serious risk loosing one of them so they are probably keeping them down until room can be made for Reddox to stay up full time. I don't have a clue I am just guessing.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:50 PM
FalconFan4life

Nothing on this transaction yet on the AHL site,here is a story i found there on hockey in Springfield;

http://theahl.com/fans-give-thanks-f...hockey-p139118

Old
11-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Antidote

Quote:
McDonald seems really hungry this season and O'Marra seems to be following his lead,just don't take Colin's sister to Edmonton leave her here for me will ya!
Recall an article last year quoting an NHL scout - maybe NYI - saying that McDonald would be a solid NHL player in time. It was very positive about his size, grit and general level of play.

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 02:12 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
It wouldn't suprise me if McDonald & O'Marra are used on the PK Unit as since Rob Daum took over head coaching duties late last season for the Springfield Falcons he has confidence in McDonald & O'Marra as PK'ers which they have been doing a real good job of since that coaching change.Daum is good at evaluating his players and getting the most out of them and after every shift you will see him mentoring his ''Students'' and so far the results are showing.
Maybe the Oil should send all they're vets down there and see how it works.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote