Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
*waits for BRM to tear into him, then other fans tear into BRM for doing so*

Old
04-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Saprykin Fan

vCash: 500
hey

Just from knowing him, i would say 2nd line player i say top 4-5 on really good team like philly, and 2-3 on flames in 2 or 3 years, right now he is a 6,7, but i think he has been one, if not the best falmes this post-season, wierd considering he wasnt sure if he was goin to play at all for some reason olie has great chemistry with iginla! iginla,conroy,olie should stay together and put simon on a line with lombardi,kobasew. Oleg keeps takin wierd shots from the goal line and ahs scored 1 out of 100 this season from there, lol, i keep telling him to be more patient and have more poise and it seems like eh is doing that now, if u need anymore info u can pm me RaTcine.

Old
04-15-2004, 12:54 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcine
I need info on him!
Upsides?
Potential?
The guy has some crazy upside, he has played just great so far these playoffs, but hasn't had much finish yet (which is odd, cause in the season it was normally the other way around) He is going to get even more of a chance if Simon is really out for a significant time. Here's hoping he shakes the monkey next game and pops a couple of goals, cause he deserves it now more than ever before.

I think he could be a 30 goal 70 point guy, but he's definetaly a wildcard, but he's really making Sutter think about clearing out room for him next year with this performance so far.

Old
04-15-2004, 12:58 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
Just from knowing him, i would say 2nd line player i say top 4-5 on really good team like philly, and 2-3 on flames in 2 or 3 years, right now he is a 6,7, but i think he has been one, if not the best falmes this post-season, wierd considering he wasnt sure if he was goin to play at all for some reason olie has great chemistry with iginla! iginla,conroy,olie should stay together and put simon on a line with lombardi,kobasew. Oleg keeps takin wierd shots from the goal line and ahs scored 1 out of 100 this season from there, lol, i keep telling him to be more patient and have more poise and it seems like eh is doing that now, if u need anymore info u can pm me RaTcine.
I don't know though, before Simon's injury I thought he was the best Flame, Sappy has been great though (read above eh). But thats an interesting thought cause Simon would clear room for Lombo and Kob like crazy, I wouldn't mind going into next year with these top scoring lines...

Saprykin-Conroy-Iginla
Simon-Lombardi-Kobasew

Re-sign Conroy and Simon, get rid of McAmmond (heh ) and Reinprecht (that hurts though, I'm a big fan of his, but he could get a solid return) so we can afford it. Then have the normal bottom two lines...

Nieminen-Nilson-Donovan
Gelinas-Yelle-Clark

And there set, keep Oliwa around just in case and bring in a young'n to be the other sub.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Sapryking has been a mother this series from game 1. I think this is the best hockey he's played since being drafted. He's got one goal but i think he's got a couple assists too. But he's forechecking hard, taking the body, and HUSTLING back on defense which used to be unheard of from him. And I love love love that he shoots from everywhere cuz it shakes things up and creates chances. I've been very impressed with him and think he deserves time on the top line.

GO FLAMES GO

Old
04-15-2004, 04:46 PM
chriss_co

Saprykin is finally showing all that energy and spunk that made Al Coates think he was a level above Lundmark

skills-wise saprykin has everything... mclennan used to say how Saprykin had such a heavy and quick snapshot..

sappy needs to work on being strong on the puck (not getting knocked over so easily.. although in this series he has overpowered some of the canuck defense), keep his head up, and work on his shot accuracy (in the 2nd game (i think) he walked out and had the top lefthand corner on cloutier but shot it right into the cancuck logo)

last thing is consistency.. the big question is can he bring this energy in the regular season? i think when games are on the line, oleg comes to play.. he did a lot of floating earlier in the season..

i think this playoffs is the turning point in oleg's and kobasew's game

Old
04-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

His little spurt of inspired play will make it easier for Sutter to lob him off onto some unsuspecting chump in the off season I reckon.

Closed Thread