HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse traded to Wild for Benoit Pouliot, Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2009, 03:27 PM
  #326
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
wrong. he was having major trouble playing even on the third line, a line where you're supposed to skate fast, forecheck, and make hits. i would take white over latendresse for my 3rd line any day of the week. have you ever seen guillaume dive to block a shot once in the last 4 years?

on this team, you earn your icetime and guillaume hasn't earned anything let alone to play on the top 2 lines. pacioretty is there because he has been busting his ass off and we are seeing the results of his hard work.

you seem to think there's a big conspiracy as to why your boyfriend was traded. i think you need to move on and cheer for this team or follow him to minnesota and take the rest of the latendresse cheerleaders with you.
So, explain me, genious, how come he was having his best season last year on the third line before his injury aginst the Bruins ? he was + 4 and one of the few Habs who was having a good season.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:35 PM
  #327
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Media and fans had nothing to do with influencing the career of Quebecois race car drivers.
Media and fans had everything to do with career of Latendresse.

I want to be part of a culture that follows todays modern values which places emphasis on skill and character before language, religion, skin color, origin etc..

Why can't quebecois people (including some on this board) accept the fact that all the great francophone players in Candiens history were in fact............GREAT.

This is not about "bashing" him because he's french,
This is not about denying Quebecois of having a local star to cheer for

This is about "hating" him on the grounds of evolved VALUES in todays world of spectator sports.

i tend to disagree there. a major factor in why Carpentier and Tagliani raced in MTL last yr was because they were french. Teams and Nascar arent stupid, they knew that more ppl would go to the race because they had local drivers not to mention the sponsorship exposure. The fans and media wnated them, so they delivered.These were drivers who barely had driven that yr in Nascar but yet teams chose them to race in Mtl, so yes it has its influences. Tender was never going to be a superstar but wasnt as bad as ppl made him out to be.

JackZap is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
  #328
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
We all know he's gone...

The problem is that there was no real serious reasons to trade him. The guy is making 800K and could play on the third line without any problem. He has more offensive upside than at least half a dozen forwards that were in the line up yesterday nite against the Caps. just give him the ****ing ice time !

In return, we get a guy who has accomplished nothing at NHL level yet.

Martin is a genious, of course.

How come he put his worst centerman on face off to take that crucial face off yesterday nite ? People have bashed Michel Therrien for years to have done the same.


And if Gainey really wanted to get rid of Latendresse, he should have at least packaged him with someone else and get a BETTER forward to play on the top two lines.

Gimme the real reasons, Bob !
You mean, the C that was put in the same situation last game against the Caps and won 3 face-off in a row ? or you talking about another C ?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
  #329
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,533
vCash: 50

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
  #330
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
So, explain me, genious, how come he was having his best season last year on the third line before his injury aginst the Bruins ? he was + 4 and one of the few Habs who was having a good season.
Probably because his coach didn't ask him to play D and made him accountable for bad plays. He had Kostopoulos and Lapierre digging the puck deep into the D zone.

Now that he has to play 2-way, his lack of speed and bad defensive hockey is exposed, and he didn't know how to respond to that. Probably his conditioning is nowhere near the required level to be effective in a JM-run team.

That, and he actually tried to play last year. Maybe he just doesn't like having a coach that rubs his awful performances in his face.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:51 PM
  #331
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I see you're a man of your word.
Wow, good job Sherlock, you caught me...I see that I couldn't give a **** about what you think. If you would've been clever enough, you would have noted that my post was directed towards the people who wondered how the heck that thread was still alive. That were clearly accusing me of keeping that thread alive. Reason why I tried to put an end to it since people kept answering. But then since it pleases a lot more people than it was suppose to, I guess I could write in it.

By the way, have anything better to do than diss every single one of posts? Have anything better to do than to answer people you don't give a **** about?

Frankly your little act towards me is becoming quite sad. Still, I have no ****ing idea how that started 'cause we used to have some great conversations before but then it seems that you need some excitement in your life and need to diss somebody. I'M just telling you that if you still go on, you will know how REALLY I can be a man of my words, I will not waste my time reading and responding anymore.


Last edited by Whitesnake: 11-29-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:52 PM
  #332
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 25,504
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
So, explain me, genious, how come he was having his best season last year on the third line before his injury aginst the Bruins ? he was + 4 and one of the few Habs who was having a good season.
Explain to me why he was absolutely horrible for the Canadiens this year first.

Le Tricolore is online now  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:53 PM
  #333
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Well there's a thread on how Gomez has less points than Metro. I just don't understand why everything has to be turned into a language issue on this board.
that's just the way it is. I never brought up once that Latendresse was french and all that stuff. I only brought stats, others brought various other points that make sense to keep him as a hockey player. Guess what, that's not good enough, after all people still say we defend him because he's french. Anglophones like it as much as Lajoie may like it to stir some racism things on little tinny events that have no relevance to racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Good post.

I'd like to see someone come in and argue this. You guys know it's true.

The sad thing is, that kind of attitude is on HF Boards as well.

I remember a certain poster (who will remain nameless..he knows who he is) basically admitted that he'd rather finish in last place with a team full of players from Quebec, then win the Stanley Cup with not 1 single player from Quebec on the team.

In Montreal, it seems a players birth place & location is the number 1 subject. It's sad, it really is.

I spent the whole days of July first and second + the day of the Gomez trade defending Gainey's move because he improved the team. You spent your whole time whinning because he was spending money on players you didn't like.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-03-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comments
Mathletic is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:57 PM
  #334
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,004
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Thanks for this compilation. i hadn't seen much of Pouliot's pro career. I had only fuzzy memories of his junior play. How anyone can watch that clip and think we traded away the better hockey player is beyond me.

This kid can skate and better yet can stick handle while skating. He's almost as big as Lats, goes to the net and has some sweet hands. The only knock against him is his intensity & work ethic. Can it really be any worse than Sergei's three months ago, last year?

After watching that clip, I'm all the more excited about having this kid. He's gonna be gang busters.

But then everyone knows I was down on Lats from the start.

onice is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 03:58 PM
  #335
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Explain to me why he was absolutely horrible for the Canadiens this year first.
wasnt playing lots of minutes, hard to play your game when coach doesnt have faith in u. AK went through something similar but eventually things seem to be working out. He said it hmself, its hard to put points up if u arent playing. Players have bad season and bad strecthes. PPl gave up on pleks and ob.this yr they turned it around. that being said, tender was going to demand 2much money next yr thats why im ok with this trade.

JackZap is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:00 PM
  #336
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,004
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
that's just the way it is. I never brought up once that Latendresse was french and all that stuff. I only brought stats, others brought various other points that make sense to keep him as a hockey player. Guess what, that's not good enough, after all people still say we defend him because he's french. Anglophones like it as much as Lajoie may like it to stir some racism things on little tinny events that have no relevance to racism.
And Pouliot is what? Chinese? I really resent this horse poop that we dislike Lats cause he was French. Sorry, but I always disliked Lats cause I thought he was a lousy hockey player.

onice is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:03 PM
  #337
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
i tend to disagree there. a major factor in why Carpentier and Tagliani raced in MTL last yr was because they were french. Teams and Nascar arent stupid, they knew that more ppl would go to the race because they had local drivers not to mention the sponsorship exposure. The fans and media wnated them, so they delivered.These were drivers who barely had driven that yr in Nascar but yet teams chose them to race in Mtl, so yes it has its influences. Tender was never going to be a superstar but wasnt as bad as ppl made him out to be.
Give us a breakdown of the careers of Villeneuve, Tagliani and Carpentier and then back up your point on how supposedly being a francophone had any real influence on them even have a racing career in the F1 or Nascar to begin with....

They established their careers on performance not language.

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
  #338
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
So, explain me, genious, how come he was having his best season last year on the third line before his injury aginst the Bruins ? he was + 4 and one of the few Habs who was having a good season.
he put up some points benefiting from lapierre's career year, big deal, he was still **** defensively. notice how last couple of games have been lapierre's best of this season and our third line has been most effective since guillaume was traded?

number 11 is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
  #339
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
And Pouliot is what? Chinese? I really resent this horse poop that we dislike Lats cause he was French. Sorry, but I always disliked Lats cause I thought he was a lousy hockey player.
well then why do you, maybe not you, but a bunch of people have to say that I defend him because he's french? I think he's a good player, what's wrong with that

Mathletic is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:07 PM
  #340
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,004
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
well then why do you, maybe not you, but a bunch of people have to say that I defend him because he's french? I think he's a good player, what's wrong with that
Well, then, i would say you're not prejudiced. You just like lats as a hockey player.

But i would question your hockey knowledge.

onice is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:11 PM
  #341
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
People say that Latendresse never got his chance because he wouldn't produce with 3rd line players. How come Moen already has 6 goals?
1st goal: Metropolit and Laraque get the assists. ES goal
2nd goal: Shorthanded.....Latendresse on the ice.
3rd goal: ES goal assists by...Cammy and Metro. 3rd line?
4th goal: ES goal Metropolit and Pacioretty.
5th goal: Cammelleri and Gomez, hello 3rd line...
6th goal: PP goal with Cammy, Pleks and Metro on the ice.

So 4 ES goal, 2 goals with 3rd liner. Cammy on your line is not a 3rd or 4th line.

While the failure that Latendresse is had...

1st goal: Moen and Lapierre, the real 3rd line. ES goal
2nd goal: with Lapierre and Plekanec. ES goal though playing with Plekanec is not a 3rd line.

So Moen had 2 goals ES playing on a 3rd line. Latendresse has....1*. Big difference isn't it? All the other Moen's goals has nothing to do with scoring goals by being on a 3rd line.

Now if you want to say that he still has them, that he scored them while the other didn't, and bla-bla-bla...yes you are right. But it has NOTHING to do with your point that Moen scores playing on the 3rd line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Or lets twist it around a bit, just imagine if Moen was Quebecois...
Strangely......how many threads about Moen did you or anybody in here started to praise his game? I mean, this is not the french medias right? We are actually writing in english.....So surely, Moen is not seen as a god amongst the medias 'cause they never speak about him.....Yet, the Habs board is not speaking about him either.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-03-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Merge
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:16 PM
  #342
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Why is this thread still continuing?

It makes no sense to me, this is a 3rd line player who wanted to be elsewhere and people are wasting time on him and talking about him like he was Saku Koivu or Alexei Kovalev!

End the insanity already...

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:16 PM
  #343
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
People say that Latendresse never got his chance because he wouldn't produce with 3rd line players. How come Moen already has 6 goals?
which puts him on pace for what, 15-20 goals this season? Does that ring a bell? Exactly what Guillaume did in his first 3 seasons in the NHL and I think pretty much everybody agrees that Moen is having a great year. It's not like Moen doesn a whole lot more than this, he has regular PK time and is horrible out there.

That said if Moen were in his early twenties while playing this way and traded for Pouliot I think we'd reach a concensus rather quick saying Gainey got nothing for a player contributing to the team.


Last edited by Mathletic: 11-29-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Mathletic is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:16 PM
  #344
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Give us a breakdown of the careers of Villeneuve, Tagliani and Carpentier and then back up your point on how supposedly being a francophone had any real influence on them even have a racing career in the F1 or Nascar to begin with....

They established their careers on performance not language.
obviously they had talent to drive but to think its a coincidence that both Carpentier and Tagliani were racing in MTL last yr is fallacy. Tag had 2 races last yr, Mtl and Phx. If he isnt french, he aint racing in MTL, plain and simple.

JackZap is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:19 PM
  #345
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Ha...Those are some impressive goals. Funny Lats never scored a goal that even came close to any of those. This kid has wheels and a ton of skill. If they can motivate him he has the potential to be extremely dangerous.

waffledave is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
  #346
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
What I'm wondering is who called first, Gainey or Fletcher, who offered who first?

Fletcher didn't draft Pouliot, but Gainey knew full well where Lats was in his progression...
Fletcher, the new GM, started offering Pouliot before training camp this summer (per Russo from the Minnesota Tribune).

Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:38 PM
  #347
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Strangely......how many threads about Moen did you or anybody in here started to praise his game? I mean, this is not the french medias right? We are actually writing in english.....So surely, Moen is not seen as a god amongst the medias 'cause they never speak about him.....Yet, the Habs board is not speaking about him either.
I think you missed the point, Moen is not a star/hero/power forward/top 6 because he's simply very good at what he does.... And everyone accepts that he's an amazing 3rd liner that fills his roll to a T.

Further to that, I would imagine if BG traded him for Pouliot there would be an outcry on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
obviously they had talent to drive but to think its a coincidence that both Carpentier and Tagliani were racing in MTL last yr is fallacy. Tag had 2 races last yr, Mtl and Phx. If he isnt french, he aint racing in MTL, plain and simple.
I'm not a race car fan but if Carpentier replaced a winning race car driver then I'd think that the winner would be pissed (unless the mtl race is not big enough for him to care). Did he steal someones spot? If so what was wrong with the regular driver?


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-03-2009 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Merge
coolasprICE is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:43 PM
  #348
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Ha...Those are some impressive goals. Funny Lats never scored a goal that even came close to any of those. This kid has wheels and a ton of skill. If they can motivate him he has the potential to be extremely dangerous.
Thanks for the compilation. The fans will adopt Pouliot after he scores a spectacular goal at ther Bell Centre.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:47 PM
  #349
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I think you missed the point, Moen is not a star/hero/power forward/top 6 because he's simply very good at what he does.... And everyone accepts that he's an amazing 3rd liner that fills his roll to a T.

Further to that, I would imagine if BG traded him for Pouliot there would be an outcry on this board.
And the point that people in here are missing is that because you talk a little more about some guys, that you actually think they'll be heroes, stars or whatever. He's talked a lot by the medias 'cause he's french. This is what the french press is all about. The sun rises every morning. There are things that will NOT changed. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it's ordinairy, sometimes it sucks. But that's how it is. I really don't understand what this fanbase is all about sometimes. This is how it goes here. Either people are not from here and can't understand it, or they are just going to whine about it till it ends, which it will never do.

So either you start accepting it and understand that this franchise has his "limitations", unless people keep whining about it. But then we whine when it rains, when it snows, when it's too hot or too cold, might as well whine when french hockey players are talked about. But neither of those will EVER end. Honestly, people should get use to it or change teams. That's actually why some people I know hates the Habs and started to cheer for Boston mainly. 'Cause they hate the circus around the team. And I can understand the hate for it. I don't always like it myself. But that's how it is. Seen the ovation for the Leblanc pick? Seen the "outrage" on this board that we solely picked the guys 'cause he's french even though most if not EVERY agency had him around our pick? There's a reality here that people can't ignore. Like having a bilingual coach......it might not ALWAYS be the ideal solution but that's how it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Thanks for the compilation. The fans will adopt Pouliot after he scores a spectacular goal at ther Bell Centre.
Something needs to be clear here. I was one of the few who keeps defending AND Pouliot AND Brûlé when everybody were calling them busts. So it is possible that Pouliot needed that kind of environement to thrive and I can't wait for that to happen.

Not that long ago, like last year, I started a thread saying that Michel Villeneuve got the info that Gainey had some interest in Pouliot and that I was all for getting him......You should've seen the responses that this thread got.....But then, everybody loves it, so be it. Better late than nothing.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-03-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Merge
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-29-2009, 04:54 PM
  #350
Not The One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montréal, Qc.
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Good post.

I'd like to see someone come in and argue this. You guys know it's true.

The sad thing is, that kind of attitude is on HF Boards as well.

I remember a certain poster (who will remain nameless..he knows who he is) basically admitted that he'd rather finish in last place with a team full of players from Quebec, then win the Stanley Cup with not 1 single player from Quebec on the team.

In Montreal, it seems a players birth place & location is the number 1 subject. It's sad, it really is.
You guys are such unbelievable hypocrytes it makes me nauseous!

It's so easy to spin this around... it becomes almost comical to see the amount of hate directed exclusively at the few francophones on this team. Brisebois, Theodore, Dagenais, Ribeiro, Bégin, Dandenault, Bouillion, Latendresse. They've all been villified to an outrageously extreme degree. Heck, you people still mention Racicot, Chouinard, Traverse et al.

Are there any french players who have played for this team in the last ten years that haven't earned a disproportionate amount of hatred? It now seems that Bergeron, Laraque and even Lapierre are the new goats. When they're gone, it'll still be the french media's fault that the team sucks. And if a day comes that the media don't care anymore, HFboards will implode and create a black hole that will rip apart the fabric of space-time and end existence as we know it.

Not The One is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.