HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse traded to Wild for Benoit Pouliot, Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2009, 02:38 PM
  #576
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Maybe Latendresse was drafted by the wrong team. All of his Montréal coaches soured on him. Let's turn the page and see what the remaining young Habs can do. I'm encouraged by what I've seen of Pacioretty. Some posters are keen on SKost. We haven't seen Pouliot yet. Leblanc should arrive in a year or two.

Corey is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 02:42 PM
  #577
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Ha ha ha.....all this fuss about Lats scoring in Min. Why the surprise? Most of us knew Lats could score if he put in an effort.......if.

If Min. is lucky, he'll put in an effort on a consistent basis......if not........he'll pull his usual, IE, great training camp to get everyones hopes up....and then once the season starts he dogs it.

LesCanadiens is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
  #578
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
You'd think we lost a superstar if you'd read some of the comments on this thread and didn't know anything about hockey.

Yes, it would be nice to have kept Lats, but it's not like we lost him for nothing. Every excuse you can make for Lats, you can make for Pouliot.

- Didn't get his chance
- Coach didn't like him
- The team gave up on him too early
- etc.

People keep comparing this to the Ribeiro trade. How on earth is this even remotely the same? Ribeiro had had a 60+ pt season when we traded him. Niniimaa was older and his best days were behind him.

This is a trade between two young guys with potential who haven't been able to fit in well with their current teams and are hoping a change of scenary will get them going in the right direction.

Lats is more of a sure bet to make a career in the league, but he doesn't have the ceiling that Pouliot has. That, IMO, is a gamble worth making for the Habs who are in dire need of a player that can make a real impact, which I don't believe Lats had much of a chance of doing.

fufonzo is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
  #579
habaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't see why you're laughing. Jack Todd is as bad or worse than anything french.
Jack Todd and Réjean Tremblay are equally dumb.

habaholic is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 02:51 PM
  #580
Duramarier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Maybe, just maybe Lats was traded not becuase of how bad Gainey et al. thought he was but rather because they saw a player in Pouliot who they thought would be a better fit in our new system then Lats was.
This is something I can buy. Its up to pouliot to show us that Gainey did the right thing. Until then , I dont see how can someone say its a good trade. Reading some comments, its a lopsided trade in favor of Gainey even if Lats scored more goals in NHL then pouliot in AHL.

Duramarier is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:02 PM
  #581
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramarier View Post
This is something I can buy. Its up to pouliot to show us that Gainey did the right thing. Until then , I dont see how can someone say its a good trade. Reading some comments, its a lopsided trade in favor of Gainey even if Lats scored more goals in NHL then pouliot in AHL.
And vice versa the lovers are no better than the haters.

Perrah is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:21 PM
  #582
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Maybe, just maybe Lats was traded not becuase of how bad Gainey et al. thought he was but rather because they saw a player in Pouliot who they thought would be a better fit in our new system then Lats was.

Good players get traded all the time, no one says it's because they suck. Sometimes you just need a chnage of scenary and a different system. Everything that's said about Lats can be said about Pouliot but that's the point, similiar players with different assets that would best be utilized in different systems.

At the end of the day, Lat's even said he wasn't happy here, so how could we expect him to perform at his best when he was waiting to leave. Should Gainey really have kept a player who didn't fit in, was influencing Lapierre negatively, and didn't have his heart in it anymore? I don't care if Lats was a super star, he needed a fresh start somewhere else, it just so happens that I think we got a really decent payer in return, how decent, only time will tell. But all this complaining about Lats is really pointless as his time here was up, period.
If that was the case Gainey should have gotten a draft pick thrown in like a 2nd or 3rd because Pouliot was a bust in Minny.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:24 PM
  #583
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netro View Post
Don't judge Lats performance on 3 games. Let's see what happens the rest of the year. I hope he succeeds.

I still think this trade will be win-win all around. I expect Pouliot to perform well in Montreal.
What makes you think Pouliot will suddenly acquire work ethic, drive and hands?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:26 PM
  #584
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Maybe Latendresse was drafted by the wrong team. All of his Montréal coaches soured on him. Let's turn the page and see what the remaining young Habs can do. I'm encouraged by what I've seen of Pacioretty. Some posters are keen on SKost. We haven't seen Pouliot yet. Leblanc should arrive in a year or two.
His coaches couldn't have been that sour on him, I just think they pigeon holed him as a bottom 6 guy and never gave him an extended look top 6. Just like Leclair when he was here.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:28 PM
  #585
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What makes you think Pouliot will suddenly acquire work ethic, drive and hands?
Definately has always had them.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:40 PM
  #586
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
There was no rush to trade Lats. Especially for an injured guy .

Has the habs done better without Lats ?

0 win - 1 loss- 1 loss in SO = ONE big point in three games...

Has Minny done better without Pouliot and with Lats ? Yes- 3 WINS.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
  #587
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What makes you think Pouliot will suddenly acquire work ethic, drive and hands?
What would make you think Lats would all of a sudden acquire work ethic, drive, and coachability?

What would make you think that Lats would have developed into anything more than a 3rd liner here?

fufonzo is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:47 PM
  #588
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
There was no rush to trade Lats. Especially for an injured guy .

Has the habs done better without Lats ?

0 win - 1 loss- 1 loss in SO = ONE big point in three games...

Has Minny done better without Pouliot and with Lats ? Yes- 3 WINS.
That's definitely because we were missing Lats... (and his 3 points in 20+ games with us)

fufonzo is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:58 PM
  #589
capnk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Ha ha ha.....all this fuss about Lats scoring in Min. Why the surprise? Most of us knew Lats could score if he put in an effort.......if.

If Min. is lucky, he'll put in an effort on a consistent basis......if not........he'll pull his usual, IE, great training camp to get everyones hopes up....and then once the season starts he dogs it.
Well said.
This is, I think, the issue with his time in Montreal. His lack of effort, and his general reluctance to go to the net.
He's also a bit too happy-go-lucky, always smiling on the bench in close games, joking around with everyone, not being a serious professional hockey player.

He's young, he'll learn hopefully for his sake. Too bad it won't be while he's with Montreal.

capnk is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 03:59 PM
  #590
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
There was no rush to trade Lats. Especially for an injured guy .

Has the habs done better without Lats ?

0 win - 1 loss- 1 loss in SO = ONE big point in three games...

Has Minny done better without Pouliot and with Lats ? Yes- 3 WINS.
lol, worst excuse ever.

Habs without Andrei Kostitsyn in their last 3 games....

0 wins -1loss- 1So loss

I can play the game too.

Also we won the game Latendresse got traded, you keep forgetting that, but mysteriously lost the game after when Andrei went down.

Andrei=Habs

See I can make stupid arguments also.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:07 PM
  #591
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
lol, worst excuse ever.

Habs without Andrei Kostitsyn in their last 3 games....

0 wins -1loss- 1So loss

I can play the game too.

Also we won the game Latendresse got traded, you keep forgetting that, but mysteriously lost the game after when Andrei went down.

Andrei=Habs

See I can make stupid arguments also.
How much points for A.Kost during his first 25 games with the Habs this year ?

A,K is paid 3,25 milion
Lats - 803 K

Find the error.

A.K. was going nowhere before being put on the Cammy-Pleks line.

Give the same opportunity to Lats for few games and he will do as good if not better.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
  #592
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
How much points for A.Kost during his first 25 games with the Habs this year ?

A,K is paid 3,25 milion
Lats - 803 K

Find the error.

A.K. was going nowhere before being put on the Cammy-Pleks line.

Give the same opportunity to Lats for few games and he will do as good if not better.
I think the error is in your head.

First:

Where the hell in my post did I say Andrei was better.

You said or implied habs suck and need Latendresse because since he's been gone we've gone 0-1-1. The first thing about this statement is that it is false. We've gone 1-2-1 since the Latendresse Trade.

I said this was stupid reasoning because I can easily say that since Andrei has been injured we've gone 0-2-1 in those 3 games.

This proves your argument holds no water.


Second:

Latendresse played 4 games with our best center this year(Plekanec). He had one point and wasn't doing the job. Andrei at that time was placed on the 4th line because he was playing terrible. He worked hard for four games. He replaced Latendresse who wasn't working hard and in the next 4 games he had a goal and 4 assists. Not to mention that 3 of his four assists resulted directly in goals because he made the play himself and not because his linemates helped him.

This is the last I'm going to argue with because.

A. You are obviously biased towards francophone players
B. You don't respond to actual arguments and put words in people's mouths
C. You automatically assumed I don't like Latendresse and wanted him out as well which is false.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:20 PM
  #593
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
That calgary goal fell onto his stick though.
You know, if a player is not good with positioning, goals don't just "fall onto their sticks".

Besides, while he collected a rebound, people often omit that he won a board battle to set up Mara for the initial shot. This wasn't just a gimme for him.

MathMan is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:20 PM
  #594
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I think the error is in your head.

First:

Where the hell in my post did I say Andrei was better.

You said or implied habs suck and need Latendresse because since he's been gone we've gone 0-1-1. The first thing about this statement is that it is false. We've gone 1-2-1 since the Latendresse Trade.

I said this was stupid reasoning because I can easily say that since Andrei has been injured we've gone 0-2-1 in those 3 games.

This proves your argument holds no water.


Second:

Latendresse played 4 games with our best center this year(Plekanec). He had one point and wasn't doing the job. Andrei at that time was placed on the 4th line because he was playing terrible. He worked hard for four games. He replaced Latendresse who wasn't working hard and in the next 4 games he had a goal and 4 assists. Not to mention that 3 of his four assists resulted directly in goals because he made the play himself and not because his linemates helped him.

This is the last I'm going to argue with because.

A. You are obviously biased towards francophone players
B. You don't respond to actual arguments and put words in people's mouths
C. You automatically assumed I don't like Latendresse and wanted him out as well which is false.
I like players who give their heart and have some talent too. gimme Ovechkin, Malkin or Zetterberg, and I will be more than happy.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:21 PM
  #595
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What makes you think Pouliot will suddenly acquire work ethic, drive and hands?
Pouliot has hands. Let's not sell the guy short because he's the other side of a bad trade here, he's not responsible. He has tools, the problem with him has always been the toolbox.

MathMan is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:24 PM
  #596
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Maybe, just maybe Lats was traded not becuase of how bad Gainey et al. thought he was but rather because they saw a player in Pouliot who they thought would be a better fit in our new system then Lats was.
This would be fair enough, but I don't think Pouliot and Lats have equal value. While I don't agree about trading Lats away, the real issue *I* have with the trade is that it's bad value.

MathMan is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:26 PM
  #597
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
I like players who give their heart and have some talent too. gimme Ovechkin, Malkin or Zetterberg, and I will be more than happy.
No your biased and that's it. You have never once since you've starting posting have admitted that a francophone player has played bad. Everyone plays bad and everyone gets called for it, I don't know why you can't as well.

Everyone knows Latendresse has talent, but it was clear that he wasn't going to develop here because he was pampered and thought he was a star that could do wtv he wanted. I don't know how you can't admit that he wasn't working hard. We're not saying that he sucks because has no talent or he is francophone. What we are saying is that he refused to listen to the coaches and not only Martin but Carbo as well. He had one job to do and never did it.

Regardless of whether you have talent or not, if you have a job and you're really talented at fixing computers, but you're boss says I do not want you fixing these computers I want you to guard them or you will get fired. Chances are if you don't listen to him and fix computers that you will get fired.

I don't understand how you just can't admit that he was playing bad and not working hard. No one denies his talent, he obviously will be a consistent 15-20 goals scorer 35-40 point player, but that wasn't going to happen in Montreal.

Put the francophone glassed in your pocket for five minutes and just stop being biased. It won't shatter your dreams to admit this.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
  #598
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,748
vCash: 500
so Poulliot has failed before ever playing a game in Montreal, ??? holy ****

habdynasty is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
  #599
Slippy13
Registered User
 
Slippy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Habs section on HFboards at its best. Let me spell it out here. POULIOT HASN'T PLAYED ONE SINGLE GAME FOR THE HABS.

Slippy13 is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 04:34 PM
  #600
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
That's because Gagnon has a history of carrying grudges and making things up, while McKenzie and McGuire are two of the most respected hockey reporters in the world.

No but you're right. I think McKenzie probably just made the whole thing up because he has an evil hidden agenda against Latendresse and McGuire made it up because the team 990 is desperate for ratings from 5:25-5:50.
Can you tell us what Gagnon, or any journalist, as made up Waffle? Please tell us, because saying such things is dangerous.

Kafka is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.