HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse traded to Wild for Benoit Pouliot, Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2009, 10:29 AM
  #726
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Why do you just tell all of us that you HATE Latendresse, whatever he has done or he will do in the future.

What a ****ing fail in your post !!!

How many 22 y old forward drafted in a second-round) have already 50 goals at NHL level ? You can count them with the fingers of one hand.

Sorry, he was progressing last season until he got injured in the game against the Bruins. His +/- stats were improving every year.

So, just give me a ****ing break ! The kid has some offensive talent and was demanded to play a style he could not play.
Michael Ryder had 85 goals after 3 years with the habs. It was the most goals scored in 3 years by habs player since the 80s, yet I clearly recall you wanting him gone...why was that, why aren't you defending Ryder over Latendresse because 85 goals in three years is clearly more than 48 goals in 3 years?

But yet you continue to keep promoting Latendresse.

Can you do us a favor and just admit that you have a crush for every francophone player? It's quite clear. I don't understand what is so hard in admitting that a player wasn't playing well. What's the worst that's going to happen if you admit it?

I hope you know Latendresse is gone because of people like you who pampered him and refused to call out anything he did wrong which resulted in him thinking he was a star and that he could get away with wtv he wanted.

The only person that should be blamed is Gui himself. Pacioretty has played the whole year on the 3rd line and never said a word. He asked the coaches personally for videos of the plays he was doing wrong because he himself admitted he was playing bad and look at him now. He's getting PP time for the first time all year and even saw some PK time...why? Because he worked for it.

Please stop with your francophone love, it's annoying, we get it you like Latendresse, we know he talent, but he wasn't working, face it.

Lastly, if you're going to respond to my post, respond the what I'm actually saying unlike the last time you responded to my post.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:38 AM
  #727
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber View Post
He's been looking pretty good for us. Looks comfortable. Doesn't look slow. In on forecheck nicely, not a defensive liability. Breaks up plays and makes plays. Great trade for us _so far_, because we needed some of that.

BUT, my point is that the rest of your comment is dead on. You don't judge a trade by what the guy who left does for the other team, you judge it by the impact on your team after the trade. Doesn't sound like there's any negative impact so far, and you'll have to wait to see what BP can do when he's healthy. Some slick talent with that kid.
I agree. Hopefully it's going to be a win win... Pouliot looked like a fish out of water when he was trying to be too creative cycling down low with Brodziak or Clutterbuck... And the only way a pass to Boogard could ever end up in the net is if he's already sitting in it...

Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 11:07 AM
  #728
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
sorry i moved the thread here:

the reality is, no matter what anyone says, the french media stokes

these unrealistic expectations. the fans will always have their passion but when the fan boys in the media stoke the fires, it is a HUGE problem for our player development. anyway read and respond. sure lats has a hand in this, believing in his own hype... but we should flood this article into tremblay, gagnon, brunet's email


http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/78483002.html


at some point it just has to stop

emb24* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 11:23 AM
  #729
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Michael Ryder had 85 goals after 3 years with the habs. It was the most goals scored in 3 years by habs player since the 80s, yet I clearly recall you wanting him gone...why was that, why aren't you defending Ryder over Latendresse because 85 goals in three years is clearly more than 48 goals in 3 years?

But yet you continue to keep promoting Latendresse.

Can you do us a favor and just admit that you have a crush for every francophone player? It's quite clear. I don't understand what is so hard in admitting that a player wasn't playing well. What's the worst that's going to happen if you admit it?

I hope you know Latendresse is gone because of people like you who pampered him and refused to call out anything he did wrong which resulted in him thinking he was a star and that he could get away with wtv he wanted.

The only person that should be blamed is Gui himself. Pacioretty has played the whole year on the 3rd line and never said a word. He asked the coaches personally for videos of the plays he was doing wrong because he himself admitted he was playing bad and look at him now. He's getting PP time for the first time all year and even saw some PK time...why? Because he worked for it.

Please stop with your francophone love, it's annoying, we get it you like Latendresse, we know he talent, but he wasn't working, face it.

Lastly, if you're going to respond to my post, respond the what I'm actually saying unlike the last time you responded to my post.
Koseegin...never saw that nickname before. So, if you read my posts in the last few years, it was under another nickname. I guess you were banned from this board previously.

Now, I can put you on my ignore list for good. Do the same with me, PLEASE.

I explained it over and over on this board that I like players from all origins, but, if you watched yesterday's ceremony, it is also good to have a good bland of players. Gainey, Robinson, Dryden, Naslund, Markov, Plekanec and ALSO some local guys like Lafleur, Desjardins, Lemieux or Roy. I liked Mike Mcphee too and Brian Skrudland as well as Bégin or Latendresse.

So gimme a break with your prejudices against me.


Last edited by CanadienErrant*: 12-05-2009 at 11:30 AM.
CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 11:48 AM
  #730
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Koseegin...never saw that nickname before. So, if you read my posts in the last few years, it was under another nickname. I guess you were banned from this board previously.

Now, I can put you on my ignore list for good. Do the same with me, PLEASE.

I explained it over and over on this board that I like players from all origins, but, if you watched yesterday's ceremony, it is also good to have a good bland of players. Gainey, Robinson, Dryden, Naslund, Markov, Plekanec and ALSO some local guys like Lafleur, Desjardins, Lemieux or Roy. I liked Mike Mcphee too and Brian Skrudland as well as Bégin or Latendresse.

So gimme a break with your prejudices against me.
Again, like I said, respond to things in my actual post. You flip out every time someone mentions something about francophone players...everytime!

I convo can go like this. Gomez and MAB were horrible. And then you'll come in and say "oh you're picking on MAB because he's francophone."

Never once have I seen you call out a francophone player, you defend them no matter what and it's people like you guys like Guillaume Latendresse get traded because there is no accountability when a player can do no wrong. The kid though he was a star because the fans and media made him believe so.

Never once did you ever call out Lats for a bad game, ever, not once. There was always some excuse and now that he's gone you won't stop crying.

And I'm not the first to point this out about your favortism, it has to stop. Good put me on your ignore list, it's one less biased poster I have to deal with on these boards.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 11:52 AM
  #731
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,194
vCash: 500
When is Benpo playing? Is Poolz injury almost healed?

Today's horrible player nicknames are brought to you by the letters V and L.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
  #732
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post

Never once did you ever call out Lats for a bad game, ever, not once. There was always some excuse and now that he's gone you won't stop crying.

And I'm not the first to point this out about your favortism, it has to stop. Good put me on your ignore list, it's one less biased poster I have to deal with on these boards.
Maybe people don't feel the need to add on to the sea of people that absolutely loathed Latendresse. When 90% of the boards bash a player for every single little mistakes, those that like that player compensate by not piling on him needlessly. You guys are already there for that.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
  #733
totalrecall
 
totalrecall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Tender was spotted near Mcdonalds for the first time yesterday. Il provide link later

totalrecall is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:00 PM
  #734
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,558
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
He credits his swift integration to a style of play that suits him
Does he mean Minnesota's defensive style?

Didn't he leave Montreal complaining that Martin had him in a defensive role and that wasn't his style?


Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:00 PM
  #735
Sandvich
VERY NICE
 
Sandvich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
CanadienErrant, you are the Benoit Brunet of HFboards, and that is the end of the discussion.

Now let's talk about Poo Poo

Sandvich is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:00 PM
  #736
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Tender was spotted near Mcdonalds for the first time yesterday. Il provide link later
Listening to these boards and all the absolute hatred toward Latendresse, you'd think he pulled a Tkachuk.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:03 PM
  #737
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Does he mean Minnesota's defensive style?

Didn't he leave Montreal complaining that Martin had him in a defensive role and that wasn't his style?

He means 15 min of ice time playing the game he can play (some offensive freedom) instead of 5 min of ice time playing a game he can't play (dump and chase grind, sitting in front of the net waiting for the one time every 3 games the puck will get to him).

E = CH² is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:03 PM
  #738
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Listening to these boards and all the absolutely hatred toward Latendresse, you'd think he pulled a Tkachuk.
Well the way he acted during his post-trade interview, how could people not be mad? He acted as if he was bigger than the team.

Hermamoud is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:05 PM
  #739
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Maybe people don't feel the need to add on to the sea of people that absolutely loathed Latendresse. When 90% of the boards bash a player for every single little mistakes, those that like that player compensate by not piling on him needlessly. You guys are already there for that.
What's the difference between that bashing that Gui got and that of the following.

Kostitsyns
Spacek
MAB
Laraque
Gomez
Plekanec (before the season started)

Honestly, what is the difference? There has been none, every player gets bashed and called out when they are playing bad. For some reason though when it happens to francophone players it is because people hate french people, but yet 90% of this board loves Lapierre.

Tell what is the difference between the bashing those players recieved and that of Guillaume?

Andy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:05 PM
  #740
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Hey guys, Minny fan here. Any word on when Pouliot will be back from injury? He was never really rushed back here either mainly because of where they had him playing but I would assume he'll be playing on a line higher than the 4th in Montreal?

As for Latendresse, early quotes from him he has pretty much said he just feels more comfortable in the offensive system because it's essentually the same as the one Carbonneau used during his tenure with your squad. He also said he just had a hard time adjusting and fitting in with the more defensive approach Martin has preached.

Whether or not any of this is true or makes sense to any of you, I do not know. I didn't watch much of your squad to tell you the truth. Nor was I too focused on Latendresse when I did. I'm just saying essentually what he has said to the press here.
It's strict meritocracy with Jacques Martin. Nothing will be given to Pouillot and he will most likely start from the 4th line up. He'll eventually get his chance in the top 6 to strut his stuff but he's got competition so he'll need to perform to stay there.

As for Lats, his quote makes no sense. I don't know how he compares the Carbo system to Minnesota's when he's said he didn't even know his role during Carbonneau's regime. He had trouble with Martin's system because it required two way skating and he couldn't keep up. I wish him well in Minny and I hope he keeps his production up for his sake.

m00ks is online now  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:05 PM
  #741
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Listening to these boards and all the absolute hatred toward Latendresse, you'd think he pulled a Tkachuk.
McTender was less than classy on his way out the door...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:07 PM
  #742
muzion
Registered User
 
muzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St-Hubert, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Does he mean Minnesota's defensive style?

Didn't he leave Montreal complaining that Martin had him in a defensive role and that wasn't his style?

Minny plays an offensive style now, Lemaire isn't the coach anymore in case you didn't know.

muzion is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:15 PM
  #743
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Just to clarify a misconception. My posts are not bashing Latendresse as I do think we should have waited a little longer to trade him. I'm trying to call out all those posters who still cannot admit that he did some wrong.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:15 PM
  #744
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Well the way he acted during his post-trade interview, how could people not be mad? He acted as if he was bigger than the team.
He felt the GM didn't show any trust and confidence in him by offering a sub 1M contract for 2 years and settling for 1 year. He felt the coach wasn't using him properly and giving him freedom to show what he could do.

Put yourself in his shoes. You make a living out of playing hockey, your GM doesn't want to sign you for more than a year or two at a dismal price, you settle for a year to show what you can do. Then you only get to play 5-10 min a game and you're asked to play a game you don't feel allow you to show what you can actually do well. That's not acting "bigger than the team", that's being concerned with being able to continue your career in the NHL. The way it was going in Montreal, Latendresse would have been in a tough spot in the summer. 99% of players are going to look after #1, it's their life and career. Once they have security there, they get in line and do what they're asked. I think that's a normal human reaction personally.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:18 PM
  #745
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
He felt the GM didn't show any trust and confidence in him by offering a sub 1M contract for 2 years and settling for 1 year. He felt the coach wasn't using him properly and giving him freedom to show what he could do.

Put yourself in his shoes. You make a living out of playing hockey, your GM doesn't want to sign you for more than a year or two at a dismal price, you settle for a year to show what you can do. Then you only get to play 5-10 min a game and you're asked to play a game you don't feel allow you to show what you can actually do well. That's not acting "bigger than the team", that's being concerned with being able to continue your career in the NHL. The way it was going in Montreal, Latendresse would have been in a tough spot in the summer. 99% of players are going to look after #1, it's their life and career. Once they have security there, they get in line and do what they're asked. I think that's a normal human reaction personally.
ok, what was your opinion on the Sergei incident when he got sent to hamilton because the logic u provided here can be applied in sergei's favor as well. So if you were against Sergei and his attitude earlier in the year than you cannot provide such an argument.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
  #746
Sandvich
VERY NICE
 
Sandvich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
ok, what was your opinion on the Sergei incident when he got sent to hamilton because the logic u provided here can be applied in sergei's favor as well. So if you were against Sergei and his attitude earlier in the year than you cannot provide such an argument.
Imo, i still think Sergei is gonna get traded.

Sandvich is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
  #747
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
What's the difference between that bashing that Gui got and that of the following.

Kostitsyns
Spacek
MAB
Laraque
Gomez
Plekanec (before the season started)

Honestly, what is the difference? There has been none, every player gets bashed and called out when they are playing bad. For some reason though when it happens to francophone players it is because people hate french people, but yet 90% of this board loves Lapierre.

Tell what is the difference between the bashing those players recieved and that of Guillaume?
I'm not sure what your point is ? Some people never bash Gomez and defend him all the time.

And to be honest, the Latendresse hate on these boards was ridiculous. You couldn't go 5 posts without reading something about Fats, Fatendresse, belle province, poutine, etc. It even got to the point where people were hating on him because of his personal relationships with women (the whole A. Villeneuve thing). People hated him because people liked him. Last players that were this hated were Traverse and Brisebois (during the Paris incident, not when he came back).

E = CH² is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
  #748
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
ok, what was your opinion on the Sergei incident when he got sent to hamilton because the logic u provided here can be applied in sergei's favor as well. So if you were against Sergei and his attitude earlier in the year than you cannot provide such an argument.
I wasn't. I didn't really comment much on Kostitsyn on the boards. All I know is that S.Kost is a guy that has a lot of talent and I don't understand how it came to that in Montreal. We were ready to trade that guy for a bag of pucks which is something I was against. Just like Latendresse, you're dealing from a position of weakness when a player's value is at an all time low.

Clearly guys like S. Kost and Latendresse have proven they can be productive and valuable players on a NHL team. If their attitude is detrimental to the team for undue reasons, then I don't mind trading them, but selling low is dumb as hell. Find a way to up their value and get something decent in return. I found we got the short end of the stick in the Pouliot trade. Especially if we plan to do the same thing with Pouliot than we did with Latendresse (5-10 min ice time, 4th line grinder duties). We're just wasting more assets.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:30 PM
  #749
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I'm not sure what your point is ? Some people never bash Gomez and defend him all the time.

And to be honest, the Latendresse hate on these boards was ridiculous. You couldn't go 5 posts without reading something about Fats, Fatendresse, belle province, poutine, etc. It even got to the point where people were hating on him because of his personal relationships with women (the whole A. Villeneuve thing). People hated him because people liked him. Last players that were this hated were Traverse and Brisebois (during the Paris incident, not when he came back).
How does it not compare. Where were you with the Kostitsyn story that they are criminals even though it's been disproven. Yet people still go on and on about it and their supposedly bad attitudes.

Laraque, when have you heard one person say a good thing about Laraque.

Where were you with Plekanec last year and this summer? Did you just ignore all the girlanec jokes?

Gomez keeps getting bashed because of his salary constantly over and over again as though its his fault that he's getting paid 7.3 million.

Are you there for game threads. I think every second post is about MAB.

The moral of the story is, if you're not playing well people will call you out for it. Last year Lats was playing great and people acknowledged his success and were excited for him this aside from the 4-5 bozos that just didn't like him, but he's not the only player who has 4 or 5 posters that hate them for no reason. Look at CanadianErrant, Andrei can score 50 goals this year and he'd still bash him along with Pacioretty because he thinks they stole Lats' spot.


Posters like Kriss E who is respected and has great hockey knowledge liked Latendresse and defended him yet was able to admit that him being traded was his own fault. Other posters who liked that Lats as well have been able to admit this, but why can't people like you or CanadianErrant just admit that the kid thought he was a star that was owed his spot in the lineup?

Sergie Kostitsyn has a better PPG average that Lats and is more versatile yet was sent down. Why shouldn't Latendresse get the same treatment because he's Latendresse. Every player is accountable, even Saku Koivu was benched mid-game by Carbo last year. Kovalev was sent home! But God forbid you tell Latendresse to work harder and have him earn his spot.

I liked Latendresse as well and I don't think he should have been traded, but he is not blameless in what happened and how you or others cannot see this is mind-boggling.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:35 PM
  #750
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Just to clarify a misconception. My posts are not bashing Latendresse as I do think we should have waited a little longer to trade him. I'm trying to call out all those posters who still cannot admit that he did some wrong.
Of course he has to share the blame for his dismal start of the season. But it wasn't 100% his fault either. He also did a lot of things right in his first 3 seasons with us but people like to only look at his last 20 games with the habs as if that was the real Latendresse and he had never done anything else right.

I just hate giving up on a player that had 3 good seasons and a horrible 20 games to start a new season.

E = CH² is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.