HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse traded to Wild for Benoit Pouliot, Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2009, 01:38 PM
  #751
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Of course he has to share the blame for his dismal start of the season. But it wasn't 100% his fault either. He also did a lot of things right in his first 3 seasons with us but people like to only look at his last 20 games with the habs as if that was the real Latendresse and he had never done anything else right.

I just hate giving up on a player that had 3 good seasons and a horrible 20 games to start a new season.
He's not the first, but yet he seems to have caused the biggest uproar and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with him being a francophone.

Where was the uproar for Ryder who had 1 bad season in four. Where is the uproar for Mike Ribiero aside from like 4-5 posters because everyone pretty much agrees that he was a d-bag, yes he's Quebecois, but he's not a francophone.

Rds comments on every game he plays, why the preferential treatment, it's not like his potential is any higher than the other two guys I just mentioned.

Andy is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 01:52 PM
  #752
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
How does it not compare. Where were you with the Kostitsyn story that they are criminals even though it's been disproven. Yet people still go on and on about it and their supposedly bad attitudes.
The Kostitsyns had pretty terrible seasons last year. It took a while before they got bashed to the degree Latendresse was. And Latendresse had never really done much of anything wrong until this season, and it was only 20 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Laraque, when have you heard one person say a good thing about Laraque.
Laraque deserves it. He's done nothing but run his mouth every since he got here. But Laraque is just a side show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Where were you with Plekanec last year and this summer? Did you just ignore all the girlanec jokes?
I admit I wasn't around much on these boards last season, I somehow doubt it got to the point of the Latendresse hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Gomez keeps getting bashed because of his salary constantly over and over again as though its his fault that he's getting paid 7.3 million.
I think most people that bash Gomez, don't actually bash him, they bash Gainey for acquiring him. Everyone thinks Gomez is a decent player that is massively overpaid and put the blame of that whole thing on Gainey for acquiring him in the first place. Either way, he's not getting anywhere near as much **** as Latendresse was.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Are you there for game threads. I think every second post is about MAB.
I agree, another player that is unfairly bashed. I'm not sure why people bash him so much. He comes as advertised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
The moral of the story is, if you're not playing well people will call you out for it. Last year Lats was playing great and people acknowledged his success and were excited for him this aside from the 4-5 bozos that just didn't like him, but he's not the only player who has 4 or 5 posters that hate them for no reason. Look at CanadianErrant, Andrei can score 50 goals this year and he'd still bash him along with Pacioretty because he thinks they stole Lats' spot.
I don't think the Kost bros are getting anywhere near as much hate as Latendresse was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Posters like Kriss E who is respected and has great hockey knowledge liked Latendresse and defended him yet was able to admit that him being traded was his own fault. Other posters who liked that Lats as well have been able to admit this, but why can't people like you or CanadianErrant just admit that the kid thought he was a star that was owed his spot in the lineup?
Um, what makes you think the kid thought he was a star ? Also yes, he was owed his spot in the line up on the basis of improving every year for 3 straight years and scoring 15+goals from the third line. He was owed more latitude than he got. We gave up on the guy 10-15 games into the season after he had given us 3 good seasons, how can't YOU see that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Sergie Kostitsyn has a better PPG average that Lats and is more versatile yet was sent down. Why shouldn't Latendresse get the same treatment because he's Latendresse. Every player is accountable, even Saku Koivu was benched mid-game by Carbo last year. Kovalev was sent home! But God forbid you tell Latendresse to work harder and have him earn his spot.
S.Kost was coming off a dismal season while Latendresse was coming off his best season. S. Kost was given a bigger chance than Latendresse, but the thing is that S.Kost could be sent down, so he was. Latendresse couldn't be sent down due to waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I liked Latendresse as well and I don't think he should have been traded, but he is not blameless in what happened and how you or others cannot see this is mind-boggling.
As I said before, part of the blame for his dismal start of the season has to be put on him. I never said it wasn't partly his fault. But we didn't work with the kid at all. All the ice time he got in his first 3 seasons he deserved and he produced higher than expected. Those first 20 games were the only ones where he didn't and we gave up awfully quick on the kid.

I just don't buy the whole "He was given SOOOO MANY CHANCES" mantra people keep repeating on these boards. All the chances he got, he deserved and made the most out of them EXCEPT 20 games of his career. And it's not even 20 games, more like 10-15. Last 5 games he was playing 5 min a game, we had already given up on him.

And if you believe Marinaro, we actually were looking at trading Latendresse at the start of the season, so it's possible we had given up on him much earlier than that.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 02:00 PM
  #753
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
He's not the first, but yet he seems to have caused the biggest uproar and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with him being a francophone.

Where was the uproar for Ryder who had 1 bad season in four. Where is the uproar for Mike Ribiero aside from like 4-5 posters because everyone pretty much agrees that he was a d-bag, yes he's Quebecois, but he's not a francophone.

Rds comments on every game he plays, why the preferential treatment, it's not like his potential is any higher than the other two guys I just mentioned.
The difference is that Ribeiro got years and years to show what he could do with the habs and it took him forever to become the player he could. He didn't take his career seriously at all while he was in Mtl. People also thought he and Theodore were cancers on the team. His flopping fish act during the bruins series didn't endear him to anyone either. We traded Ribeiro when he was what, 27-28 ? We traded Latendersse at 22. It's different.

As for Ryder, he just left as an UFA. It's also different. He had already reached his max potential with the habs and we knew what we were letting go. He was going to ask for too much coming off a meh season.

As for RDS, who cares ? It's normal people cheer for a local kid and want to hear more on him. That's part of the reason people turned on him 20 games into the season. A lot of people were fed up with the love he was getting from the medias. That's unfair. It's got nothing to do with the player himself.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 02:01 PM
  #754
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,705
vCash: 500
Will RDS love Pouliot???

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 02:06 PM
  #755
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Will RDS love Pouliot???
Who cares ?

I honestly don't understand why that matters at all in any way.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 05:13 PM
  #756
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
McTender was less than classy on his way out the door...
If we heard the same interview, I think you misunderstood what he said.

Kafka is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 05:31 PM
  #757
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
i will never understand what was the rush to trade Lats... He was still a top-nine forward player. 22 years old and still progressing (after his first three years- not this season of course under Martin...)

What a waste of valuable asset !!!!

Has he slept with Jacques Martin's daughter ?


Why don't you go cheer for the Wild then ?!

I don't care what Latendresse does with Minnesota, because the wouldn't do it here plain and simple !!

Now get over it !!

Can't wait to see Pouliot in action with Sergei !! Theses two will be dynamite together, book it


Enough said !!

Erika is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 05:58 PM
  #758
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
I don't care what Latendresse does with Minnesota, because the wouldn't do it here plain and simple !!

Why?

I mean, I can understand a fan to have a losing attitude, but if management thinks like you, it explains a lot of things.

Kafka is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 07:11 PM
  #759
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Who cares ?

I honestly don't understand why that matters at all in any way.
His comment is just a reflection of where the hate is coming from. They hate RDS and the french medias, RDS and the french medias loved Latendresse, they hate Latendresse.

Just as simple.

You know, at one point it might be understandable. I rarely agrees with Réjean Tremblay. I hate the guy. One day he said something that we both agreed on. Well guess what? I started to bring arguments to say how wrong he was........again, something that I totally agreed on...before he talked.

Same goes for the anti-Lats. It goes with hating the messengers more than the message itself. Though at one point, you need to get over it and stop letting those guys having that much influence on you. But it's not surprising to see that with all the threads on Brunet, RDS, french medias and everything outside of the hockey game itself.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 08:00 PM
  #760
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
His comment is just a reflection of where the hate is coming from. They hate RDS and the french medias, RDS and the french medias loved Latendresse, they hate Latendresse.

Just as simple.

You know, at one point it might be understandable. I rarely agrees with Réjean Tremblay. I hate the guy. One day he said something that we both agreed on. Well guess what? I started to bring arguments to say how wrong he was........again, something that I totally agreed on...before he talked.

Same goes for the anti-Lats. It goes with hating the messengers more than the message itself. Though at one point, you need to get over it and stop letting those guys having that much influence on you. But it's not surprising to see that with all the threads on Brunet, RDS, french medias and everything outside of the hockey game itself.
Lats is probably the most mediatized player in Canadiens history. He came out just at the point when 24 hours media, the Internet, and the uber-popularity of the Habs converged. The Rocket, Guy (the original one) never lived anything like this.

I have no clue how he felt about it, but if I would have been Lats, I would have hated being babied by Brunet and being a non-stop talking point. It's probably a blessing in disguise that Pouliot shows up with rock-bottom expectations (he's a "bust", look at what Lats is doing in Minnesota). He can only win people over by what he does on the ice.


Last edited by Erik Estrada: 12-05-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 08:02 PM
  #761
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Well the way he acted during his post-trade interview, how could people not be mad? He acted as if he was bigger than the team.
AH! invisible ink!!!

Nothing more to say

[/thread]

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
  #762
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,148
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Minny plays an offensive style now, Lemaire isn't the coach anymore in case you didn't know.
Actually, I had no idea about that. Not quite up to date with Minnesota`s management there. Thanks though, you saved me from future errors.

(Not being sarcastic, by the way).

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 08:07 PM
  #763
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Minny plays an offensive style now, Lemaire isn't the coach anymore in case you didn't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Actually, I had no idea about that. Not quite up to date with Minnesota`s management there. Thanks though, you saved me from future errors.

(Not being sarcastic, by the way).

So you''re probably not up to date with New Jersey's either...

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 08:10 PM
  #764
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,148
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
So you''re probably not up to date with New Jersey's either...
Nope.

Been out of touch lately due to working long hours, coming home to cook supper for wife and kids, then following up by going to bed at around 10. So not much time to focus on NHL news, but I should be up to date soon enough.

For the future, any time I say something along those lines, just face palm me.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 08:21 PM
  #765
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Nope.

Been out of touch lately due to working long hours, coming home to cook supper for wife and kids, then following up by going to bed at around 10. So not much time to focus on NHL news, but I should be up to date soon enough.

For the future, any time I say something along those lines, just face palm me.
Dude, god forbid.

Anyway, we can't do smiley-only or one-word posts anymore. Except for the GDT, I think. Ain't life une chienne.

Anyway, in case you didn't get the little hint, Lemaire went back to Jersey, because Brent Sutter left Jersey for "family reasons", but then went on to join his brother Darryl (GM) in Calgary as head coach. The hockey medias went all over it, and questioned Brent's integrity for doing this, yet Lamoriello didn't seem all that peeved and just went on to get back Lemaire who had been let go by Minny. Lemaire's buddy, Risebrough got canned too as the GM in Minny.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
  #766
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Lats the quote machine:

"The biggest problem with Montreal," he said, "is I was born there. You can bring something, but they always want more."

Kinda paradoxical with all the stuff I am reading from both sides of the love him/hate him camps. Many say he had favoured media status. But "they" wanted more.

Ah, but now the big mystery. Who are "they".

Funny thing is I had no clue where Lats was from, and I still expected better.

The bigger mystery? Did Lats believe the "bring something" was good enough? As the old tune goes, "Is that all there is?"

Lats the enigma. Who was that Gui anyway?

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
  #767
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,148
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Dude, god forbid.

Anyway, we can't do smiley-only or one-word posts anymore. Except for the GDT, I think. Ain't life une chienne.

Anyway, in case you didn't get the little hint, Lemaire went back to Jersey, because Brent Sutter left Jersey for "family reasons", but then went on to join his brother Darryl (GM) in Calgary as head coach. The hockey medias went all over it, and questioned Brent's integrity for doing this, yet Lamoriello didn't seem all that peeved and just went on to get back Lemaire who had been let go by Minny. Lemaire's buddy, Risebrough got canned too as the GM in Minny.
The Sutter situation I already knew about, because I found it kind of neat that the Sutters were pretty much running the organization now.

Well then I guess it's good to see Minnesota change it up. Getting Lats in that trade will help them because if he can improve his game, he can be quite an offensive punch for them. I'm glad to see him doing well and I hope he keeps up the good work.

Just... not too well, because every time he has a good game, my boss at work comes in with a smile on his face, saying "Guillaume, un but, une passe hier soir. Pas mal."

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:07 PM
  #768
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Lats the quote machine:
Lats lacks maturity. Nobody from either side will say the contrary. Like a certain player we let go did lack as well with us. Like Sergei lacked by how he handled his demotion. Like tons of youngsters. I keep saying that whenever a young kid shows poise and maturity at such a young age, he is a keeper. It might even not be the majority.

But as far as the immature are concerned, a trade is not necessarily needed all the time. I'll bet you that the ones who wanted Sergei gone "the "I will leave" machine, are probably really happy we didn't let him go.

The reality is that for whatever reason, he will play better now that he has some confidence and icetime. Like most of the players that ended up leaving (either from here or elsewhere) and start producing elsewhere. I just can't believe that fans do not understand the importance of confidence in a player's game.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:30 PM
  #769
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Lats lacks maturity. Nobody from either side will say the contrary. Like a certain player we let go did lack as well with us. Like Sergei lacked by how he handled his demotion. Like tons of youngsters. I keep saying that whenever a young kid shows poise and maturity at such a young age, he is a keeper. It might even not be the majority.

But as far as the immature are concerned, a trade is not necessarily needed all the time. I'll bet you that the ones who wanted Sergei gone "the "I will leave" machine, are probably really happy we didn't let him go.

The reality is that for whatever reason, he will play better now that he has some confidence and icetime. Like most of the players that ended up leaving (either from here or elsewhere) and start producing elsewhere. I just can't believe that fans do not understand the importance of confidence in a player's game.
Ribeiro was bitter about leaving as well, but the following year he admitted that he wasn't working well and he probably wouldn't have been as successful had he stayed in Mtl. Now, I'm not too sure about that, I think he could have accomplished the same here if he decided to work hard.

Same applies to Lats, I think he's got great potential and could have reached it here if he stopped seeing himself as a victim and just focused on doing the little things asked of him.

I thought he had blamed everybody in his speech before leaving, but no, he had forgotten to blame the over-expectations.
Hope he matures and realizes he only has himself to blame for his poor performance this season. Maybe he should do some video work.

I didn't want him moved, but he sounds like a big whiny baby. The day he'll let go, will be the day he's going to find true success.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:31 PM
  #770
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Lats the quote machine:

"The biggest problem with Montreal," he said, "is I was born there. You can bring something, but they always want more."
I guess he hasn't found out yet that 80% of the game he plays he brings something that is below what the other 11 forwards on the team bring.

I would bet all my vcash that he will get benched in Minny at some point before the end of the season.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
  #771
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ribeiro was bitter about leaving as well, but the following year he admitted that he wasn't working well and he probably wouldn't have been as successful had he stayed in Mtl. Now, I'm not too sure about that, I think he could have accomplished the same here if he decided to work hard.

Same applies to Lats, I think he's got great potential and could have reached it here if he stopped seeing himself as a victim and just focused on doing the little things asked of him.

I thought he had blamed everybody in his speech before leaving, but no, he had forgotten to blame the over-expectations.
Hope he matures and realizes he only has himself to blame for his poor performance this season. Maybe he should do some video work.

I didn't want him moved, but he sounds like a big whiny baby.
You're exagerating what he is saying. He basically said he was misused by always playing on grinding lines but people expecting him to basically turn into a 30 goal scorer and management expects him to be a Travis Moen type.

I find it's ridiculous how some Hab fans feel the need to crap on former players. He didn't come out and say the city and management are a bunch of idiots, he just said he felt he was not used properly.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:37 PM
  #772
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Just look here and click on Latendresse's goal.
Look his move hitting Goc and taking the puck from him.
Then look at what he is doing at the blue line.

Also look at this goal by Lats.
Two games later he was playing 5 minutes per game.
So, because there's 2 instances of him doing a nice play, that means he was doing it all the time?..

Kriss E is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:48 PM
  #773
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,605
vCash: 500
What upset Lats I think was that generally when you are a young player and improve in each season you play, and produce goals, usually you get rewarded. Instead, he saw players who he was playing better than get the ice time.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:56 PM
  #774
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You're exagerating what he is saying. He basically said he was misused by always playing on grinding lines but people expecting him to basically turn into a 30 goal scorer and management expects him to be a Travis Moen type.

I find it's ridiculous how some Hab fans feel the need to crap on former players. He didn't come out and say the city and management are a bunch of idiots, he just said he felt he was not used properly.
It's still an excuse and all he's doing is putting a huge telescope over him.
Because now, after having said that, he better produce a lot more in Minny.

If Lats didn't want to play on grinding lines, he had a very easy chance to clinch a top 6 role this season. He couldn't do it.
Now, don't tell me it's because Martin came into camp saying ''Latendresse..I don't like him''. He actually said quite the opposite.

MaxPac has played most of the season on grinding lines, you don't see him whine and he works hard. You see that he's developing confidence and becoming better offensively.
S.Kost was sent down and placed of 4th line when he came back, he understood what he had to do in order to receive promotions and has done it.
Likewise for A.Kost.

Lats and Lappy played together last year and were able to dominate the game when they were on the ice.
This year, not so much. Why not?..He was placed in the same situation.

He has no business whining about the way he was used, he's a young player that has a lot to prove.
He will never be successful in the NHL if he thinks he should be playing like he was in Junior. That's something he referred too and it was completely ridiculous.
A big reason why he had that success in Juniors (and also the reason why it was useless for the Habs to send him back there), was because he was so much bigger than the other players.
So of course, it was very easy for him to dominate that league.
Now, I feel he should still have been sent back to see how he'll perform after having such a dominating previous year.
But there's no way he'll be able to dominate the same way unless he decides to use his body much more, which is what we tried doing for the past 4years.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 10:59 PM
  #775
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ribeiro was bitter about leaving as well, but the following year he admitted that he wasn't working well and he probably wouldn't have been as successful had he stayed in Mtl. Now, I'm not too sure about that, I think he could have accomplished the same here if he decided to work hard.

Same applies to Lats, I think he's got great potential and could have reached it here if he stopped seeing himself as a victim and just focused on doing the little things asked of him.

I thought he had blamed everybody in his speech before leaving, but no, he had forgotten to blame the over-expectations.
Hope he matures and realizes he only has himself to blame for his poor performance this season. Maybe he should do some video work.

I didn't want him moved, but he sounds like a big whiny baby. The day he'll let go, will be the day he's going to find true success.
Well you now just need to let a year go by to hear Lats say how much he also has to blame himself for not working hard enough. Yes, he did whine. Yes he did not mention anything about his game. Nor did we hear Sergei doing it. Nor did we hear Andrei saying anything to that effect, 'cause when he was asked why he was playing much better, he said that he was getting more icetime. Never heard any of the bros mentions that it's because they weren't working hard enough. I am talking about the bros NOT to diminish what Lats said but to demonstrate that Lats is immature like other players in our team AND, most importantly, it's still crucial to have faith in your players as immature they can be. Something tells me that there's a lot of immature players that ends up playing well after once they gained that needed maturity. Thing is some teams don't seem to be able or want to deal with that. Some others are willing to do it 'cause they really get the potential and beleives that this is a real challenge for them.

Again, yes, he did mentioned that he found that they had no confidence in him and he was underused. And frankly, I do believe it as well. He was not working the hardest, but others didn't as well and get their chance to get their thing going 'cause I believe the org. had faith in them.

As far as getting it, well I believe he will. A trade is often enough as a reality check to awaken a player. It did wonders to a lot of them. He has some intangibles to see it happening. We are not talking about Jan "I scored 4 goals, so I'm Rocket Richard" Bulis here. We are talking about a big guy who was given a role he didn't want to play. Now, seems they'll let him play his game. That to me is what's important. We drafted a right winger scorer. We wanted to use him as a left winger grinder. It works for some (see Carbonneau amongst tons of others). It didn't work for him. Last 2 game in Minny he had 1 hit in total. I would guess that's what he meant by "was never enough". He should be all about winning the batlles along the boards, and trying to score near the circles. He should have never been about adding the 5 hits a game grinding type of game on top of what he could have done offensively.

Whitesnake is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.