HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse traded to Wild for Benoit Pouliot, Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2009, 03:40 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
he was on the ice in a prolonged shift with a minute plus left and failed twice to clear the zone.

Old
11-27-2009, 03:41 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
pool for tender getting waived? 18 games

Old
11-27-2009, 03:50 PM
DagenaisRibeiroRyder

Tenderness In a WILD jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Well
1 missed shot, 1 blocked shot.
Was hit twice.
Then after mid third period, he did 4 hits in the last 10 minutes.

Basically nothing.

Old
11-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Comments concerning Lats by Wild fans on today's game
(on other Wild Boards)

Positive

1-Yep...I like the line of Brodziak, Clutterbuck, Latendresse.....seems like it would be a great 3rd line checking line.

2-Latendrese seemed to get a bit better toward the end and showed some nice physical play and power forward type moves. Could end up being a really good pick up with some practice...

3-Latendresse, Brodziak, C-Buck line.
Big fan. Huge

Critical

1-Haven't even noticed him since his first shift.

2-All three forwards chasing the puck at the blue line there.
Latendresse not going to the net…

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 11-27-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old
11-27-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
No, I just refuse to let 20 games in one season cancel out three full seasons.

We're blinded by short-term thinking on this board. Look at what happened to Plekanec.
MathMan...Plekanec has shown PROGRESSION in his play AND his stats since he came over to North America, in the AHL and in the NHL. Plekanec also started out on the 3rd/4th line, but he EARNED the opportunity by showing the coaching staff he could handle more responsibilities. It was almost a given that he would bounce back this year.

Latendresse has not progressed since he started out as a 19yr old 4 years ago. He's made minimal gains in his skating and endurance, but the rest of his game has plateaud BIG TIME.

As much as there is a faction of fans who have unfairly criticised Latendresse while he was a Hab, there is also another faction of fans who make excuses for him and have allowed him to rest on imaginary laurels.

Old
11-27-2009, 04:26 PM
kent_carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Kobasew with the hat trick
Not the Bruins best move, without turning this thread in the out of town.

Old
11-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_carlson View Post
Not the Bruins best move, without turning this thread in the out of town.
people say he got traded because of the player association thing with Ference and all. People speculate that he spent more time working on that stuff rather than playing hockey and the Bruins grew tired of it.

Old
11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
LastRide

Player SOG G A PPG SHG PTS +/- PIM TOI SHF FOW FOL
Lats 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 14:09 19 0 0

Old
11-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
MathMan...Plekanec has shown PROGRESSION in his play AND his stats since he came over to North America, in the AHL and in the NHL. Plekanec also started out on the 3rd/4th line, but he EARNED the opportunity by showing the coaching staff he could handle more responsibilities

Latendresse has not progressed since he started out as a 19yr old 4 years ago.

As much as there is a faction of fans who have unfairly criticised Latendresse while he was a Hab, there is also another faction of fans who make excuses for him and have allowed him to rest on imaginary laurels.
there you go, he showed progress and then had a bad season. **** happens to everybody and what Math got to was that Latendresse had a bad start and **** happens. Latendresse showed progress every year too. He worked on his defense and it showed in his stats.

Old
11-27-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
there you go, he showed progress and then had a bad season. **** happens to everybody and what Math got to was that Latendresse had a bad start and **** happens. Latendresse showed progress every year too. He worked on his defense and it showed in his stats.
Latendresse has not progressed since he started out with the team as a 19year old...4 years ago, he was on the 3rd line...2 weeks ago, he was still there. Playing the exact same game.

He made minimal gains in his skating, endurance and defensive play (though he'll never be confused with a Selke candidate) but that's about it, not nearly enough for a guy who was basically handed a job before he was ready. The Habs kept him as a 19yr old to accelerate the curve of his development, and he's done nothing but plateau as a player.

How you can't see this is beyond me...I thought he had turned the corner last year, I saw some glimpses of him using his size to impose his will (like I know he can and should do) but this year, he's gone back to playing his pu**y game again and given the Habs injury troubles, they needed him to step up and he didn't. If anything, he just became a liability

Compare Tomas Plekanec's progression as a player over the last 4 years with Guillaume Latendresse...he puts him to shame.

How a guy whose main calling card is his goal scoring ability, has so far 27 shots on goal in 23 games just baffles me...get a grip man

Old
11-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
I know you'll just come back with some smart ass remark, but seriously man..how the hell do you expect people to take you seriously when you make comments like these?

Old
11-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Latendresse has not progressed since he started out with the team as a 19year old...4 years ago, he was on the 3rd line...2 weeks ago, he was still there. Playing the exact same game.

He made minimal gains in his skating, endurance and defensive play (though he'll never be confused with a Selke candidate) but that's about it, not nearly enough for a guy who was basically handed a job before he was ready. The Habs kept him as a 19yr old to accelerate the curve of his development, and he's done nothing but plateau as a player.

How you can't see this is beyond me...I thought he had turned the corner last year, I saw some glimpses of him using his size to impose his will (like I know he can and should do) but this year, he's gone back to playing his pu**y game again and given the Habs injury troubles, they needed him to step up and he didn't. If anything, he just became a liability

Compare Tomas Plekanec's progression as a player over the last 4 years with Guillaume Latendresse...he puts him to shame.

How a guy whose main calling card is his goal scoring ability, has so far 27 shots on goal in 23 games just baffles me...get a grip man
we're back to square 1. I think it's been said plenty times that Latendresse is one of the best scoring Canadiens forwards at even strength. It's not like there's a whole lot more to do with the ressources he's been given. He doesn't get PP time and doesn't play with top 6 players. When he had the chance with Koivu and Tanguay he did great. Granted it's small sample, both Koivu and Tanguay did better with Latendresse than they did with other linemates.

If what matters to you is how he looks, then fine, I said it plenty times, Guillaume looks horrible on ice. I don't know what there's to say about that, he looks bad but he gets the job done. He puts goals on the board and he's no longer a liability defensively. He's a bad skater and all that stuff but he still showed he can handle minutes with top 6 players. He had a horrible start. Possibly the worst time in his short career to get a bad start but it happened. I won't give up on a guy who's been great at even strength for 3 years but just had a bad start.

His defense improved, granted it's not Selke like as you said, but it's now good enough to keep him in the league. His plus minus improved every year and it showed that he worked on his defense. Ruel said in an interview yesterday on CKAC that the Canadiens asked him to work on his defense from the get go. He worked on it and improved it. Ruel said the Canadiens never worked with him on how to drive to the net and other offensive abilities, hence the lack of progress offensively. He did not work on it, so did not improve. I think it's normal. Now all of a sudden they expect him to use new individual tactics that he hasn't developed yet and everybody expect him to play a different role all of a sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I know you'll just come back with some smart ass remark, but seriously man..how the hell do you expect people to take you seriously when you make comments like these?
I don't have the slightest idea why you even bother reading any of my posts. I understand that you'd prefer if everybody thought the same on every prospect or piled on the same players everybody else does but that's not the way I think. I asked you once before but I don't recall having an answer but why do you even bother replying to my posts if you think they're horrible and don't offer anything good? With you it's always the same boring discussions, stats suck, watch the game blah blah blah.

Last edited by Mathletic: 11-27-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old
11-27-2009, 05:38 PM
guest1467

I wonder if Mathletic would be so against a trading of a young player like say...Pacioretty, O'byrne, or Halak.

Old
11-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I wonder if Mathletic would be so against a trading of a young player like say...Pacioretty, O'byrne, or Halak.
You figured me out, I'd trade Pacioretty for a 7th round pick straight up, or maybe less if it were offered, the guy's from Connecticut.

Old
11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
habdynasty

Someone hammer the final nail in Latendresse coffin.

Montreal Canadien
2006-- 2009

Old
11-27-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
we're back to square 1. I think it's been said plenty times that Latendresse is one of the best scoring Canadiens forwards at even strength. It's not like there's a whole lot more to do with the ressources he's been given. He doesn't get PP time and doesn't play with top 6 players. When he had the chance with Koivu and Tanguay he did great. Granted it's small sample, both Koivu and Tanguay did better with Latendresse than they did with other linemates.
Ok...AGAIN, stop bringing up Latendresse goal scoring ability, I've said SEVERAL times that I realize Lats can score goals. Only a fool would say Lats can't score goals. As for the PP time he was received...that right is EARNED, it is not GIVEN. If Lats had shown the commitment off the ice AND off the ice, he'd of received more chances. But it's a give and take relationship...the only reason why he thinks he should be GIVEN that PP time is because fans like you and members of the media have beaten into his head that he's some kind of superstar

Quote:
If what matters to you is how he looks, then fine, I said it plenty times, Guillaume looks horrible on ice. I don't know what there's to say about that, he looks bad but he gets the job done. He puts goals on the board and he's no longer a liability defensively. He's a bad skater and all that stuff but he still showed he can handle minutes with top 6 players. He had a horrible start. Possibly the worst time in his short career to get a bad start but it happened. I won't give up on a guy who's been great at even strength for 3 years but just had a bad start.
He IS a liability defensively, though in his defense, he has improved since his rookie year...though not nearly enough for you to say that he's not a liability. Again, his even strength numbers are good, I can't deny that, but he's done that against inferior competion and given Lats natural ability, I expect that, it doesn't impress me that much. He's supposed to dominate #5-6 dmen...the problem is that when he's promoted to a top 6 role and the competition level increases, his play drops off dramatically because he simply can't keep up the pace. It's one things scoring against the Brian Lee's & Andrew Ference of this world, but when Chara or Pronger are on the ice, it's a different game. And he's proven time and time again, that he doesn't have the pace or intensity to stay in that role. This is not me inventing this, you just have to watch his games over the year to see this.

Quote:
His defense improved, granted it's not Selke like as you said, but it's now good enough to keep him in the league. His plus minus improved every year and it showed that he worked on his defense. Ruel said in an interview yesterday on CKAC that the Canadiens asked him to work on his defense from the get go. He worked on it and improved it. Ruel said the Canadiens never worked with him on how to drive to the net and other offensive abilities, hence the lack of progress offensively. He did not work on it, so did not improve. I think it's normal. Now all of a sudden they expect him to use new individual tactics that he hasn't developed yet and everybody expect him to play a different role all of a sudden.
I've conceeded that he's improved defensively...though we obviously have different views on what 'improvement' is, either way, defensively is not the area where i'm looking for Lats to establish himself in. As for the Habs not working with him on how to drive the net...give me a break, when are you going to put the accountability on the player, rather than the organization. The dude is bigger and stronger than 3/4's of the opponents he's facing but he plays smaller than Brian Gionta. How many goals has Lats scored by being in the slot and tipping in point shots, the Habs must be the team with the least amount of deflected goals in the NHL, they've needed a net presence for YEARS, I realize that in the QJMHL, Lats didn't play this type of role...but in the NHL, he doesn't have nearly enough skills or skating ability to play like Akost, or D'Agostini etc...he needs to play like Mike Knuble or Alex Ponikarovsky or Dave Andreychuk, a great example, Tim Kerr... if you want to go back in time. Just listen to Lats speak, he'll talk about how in juniors he had success by playing a certain way...well excuse me Guillaume, THIS IS THE NHL, and alot of players are just as strong and big as he is or have more experience, which means he needs to find a way to contribute in other ways.

Do you want to continue being a 10-15 goal scorer who plays mostly on the 3rd line with spot duty top 6 time? Or would you rather be a solid 2nd line player who makes a living by using his size and strength below the hash marks.

You mentionned Ruel...well Ruel works for Lats agent, Pat Brisson, and Ruel HIMSELF stated that Lats has NOT PROGRESSED as a player since his rookie year. That's not me saying this, that's someone who works with Lats agent. Pierre McGuire was on Team 990 talking about how this summer, he and Lapierre showed up for 2 hours at a hockey camp in Ottawa this summer then he never came back again. How in the hell is a guy who is trying to make the coaching staff realize that he deserves to be in the top 6 not show up at that game every day and put in the necessary work to get better. You know who WAS THERE and showed up everyday, Ryan White, and White had arguably even more skating issues as Lats, but here he is in the NHL probably 2 years earlier than I ever thought he would be and his skating looks 10x improved as how it looked when he first came to camp a few years ago. I'll give you another example, I saw Jason Spezza at a rookie camp a few years ago and his skating was probably slightly better than Lats is...yet if you look at Spezza today, you could never tell that he had skating issues...and Spezza is a guy who doesn't even work that hard off the ice to improve. Yet just a bit of work and commitment changed what was a liability into what is today an asset.

If Latendresse is not a Montreal Canadien today...that is HIS fault. The Habs may indeed one day regret trading him if he realizes what he needs to do to become a legit top 6 forward in the NHL, but it won't be because they didn't try....it will be because he didn't put in the commitment towards being that player

Last edited by 417: 11-27-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old
11-27-2009, 05:48 PM
guest1467

Quote:
You figured me out, I'd trade Pacioretty for a 7th round pick straight up, or maybe less if it were offered, the guy's from Connecticut.
The fact that you so gracefully got what I was implying just proves my original point.

Old
11-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
The fact that you so gracefully got what I was implying just proves my original point.
it's not hard to figure out, the language debate came up in the second thread and it always pops up whenever somebody defends a players from Quebec in any given circumstances.

Maybe you missed some of my posts in the original thread, I can't blame you for that but somebody asked me why I didn't defend Higgins and was in favor of the Gomez trade. The only reason I had to bring up was that we got a better player. Mind you, you could argue on the contract thing and giving up McDonagh but that's not what I tried to get you. All I meant was that I was in favor of the trade because we got a better player. The reason I'm against this trade is because the Canadiens do not get a better player. They get a suspect while giving up a dependable player.

I know a lot of anglophones, and even francophones, like stir up racism cases over nothing but anyway. I've only brought up hockey reasons from the beginning yet you and 3 or 4 other posters always bring up the french thing.

Old
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
No, I just refuse to let 20 games in one season cancel out three full seasons.

We're blinded by short-term thinking on this board. Look at what happened to Plekanec.
The way I see it, Lats is not the one we have seen during the first 20 games this year but more like the one from last year.

However, he was expecting a better contract offer and got frustrated during the summer. Then, this frustration made him play poorly and with no intensity all through those 20 games. Basically all I'm saying was confirmed by himself during the interviews.

Well, this behavior (playing bad because you don't like the contract) is enough IMO to justify a trade.

To quote you ..."look at Plekanec".

Old
11-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

I don't have the slightest idea why you even bother reading any of my posts. I understand that you'd prefer if everybody thought the same on every prospect or piled on the same players everybody else does but that's not the way I think. I asked you once before but I don't recall having an answer but why do you even bother replying to my posts if you think they're horrible and don't offer anything good? With you it's always the same boring discussions, stats suck, watch the game blah blah blah.
Lats in an enormous liability defensively. Actually, I think stewart is the only that is worse. I wish i had some video to break down for you, but he's rarely available to help get the puck out when its rung around the boards, and even if he's there, he has trouble recognizing what to do with it. So you must think that if he's not around the wall, then he must be collapsed deeper to support the D... not really. There are many times where I wonder what the heck lats is doing or thinking in the D zone.

Old
11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Ok...AGAIN, stop bringing up Latendresse goal scoring ability, I've said SEVERAL times that I realize Lats can score goals. Only a fool would say Lats can't score goals. As for the PP time he was received...that right is EARNED, it is not GIVEN. If Lats had shown the commitment off the ice AND off the ice, he'd of received more chances. But it's a give and take relationship...the only reason why he thinks he should be GIVEN that PP time is because fans like you and members of the media have beaten into his head that he's some kind of superstar
well I can't stop bringing it up because that's what matters to me. What matters to me is not how you look it's what you do. Latendresse is asked to score goals and he did it well given the ressources he was given. There wasn't a whole lot more he could have done with what he was given. I understand you don't like that simple reasoning, but that's where I'm at.

I don't really know what there was he could do to have earned PP time. He produced given the ooportunities he had. To me that's how you earn your time on the power play. I'd be the happiest Canadiens fan if Latendresse was a workhorse off the ice but I don't know how that relates to power play time. I don't know how you perceive it. But to me power plays are where you need to skate the least and where your energy level is least demanded. What is required the most is anticipation of what your teammates will do in order to catch the other team quickly. Even though Latendresse is not a fast player, at least he can anticipate the play and score goals given small space to work with. He got it done at even strength, so I don't know how he couldn't get it done on the power play also. Now, I understand the Canadiens power play was among the best in the league 2 and 3 years ago, so there wasn't room for him. I fully understand that.

Quote:
He IS a liability defensively, though in his defense, he has improved since his rookie year...though not nearly enough for you to say that he's not a liability. Again, his even strength numbers are good, I can't deny that, but he's done that against inferior competion and given Lats natural ability, I expect that, it doesn't impress me that much. He's supposed to dominate #5-6 dmen...the problem is that when he's promoted to a top 6 role and the competition level increases, his play drops off dramatically because he simply can't keep up the pace. It's one things scoring against the Brian Lee's & Andrew Ference of this world, but when Chara or Pronger are on the ice, it's a different game. And he's proven time and time again, that he doesn't have the pace or intensity to stay in that role. This is not me inventing this, you just have to watch his games over the year to see this.
I disagree that he played weak competitions. Very few coaches match lines anymore. Coaches will do it when they face Ovechkin and other stars, but not against the Canadiens. Latendresse scored on good defensemen and got scored on against good players as well. I gave you a link where you could find who was on the ice when he got scored on and scored against. His goals came on Mark Stuart, Wideman, White, Phillips, Kaberle and so on.

Again, when he played with Koivu and Tanguay he did great, and on that same site you'll see that Koivu's and Tanguay's production actually increased when playing with Latendresse. The same goes for Lapierre, Kostopoulos, Markov and D'Agostini among others.

So I don't buy the argument that he can't keep up against better oppositions.

Quote:
I've conceeded that he's improved defensively...though we obviously have different views on what 'improvement' is, either way, defensively is not the area where i'm looking for Lats to establish himself in. As for the Habs not working with him on how to drive the net...give me a break, when are you going to put the accountability on the player, rather than the organization. The dude is bigger and stronger than 3/4's of the opponents he's facing but he plays smaller than Brian Gionta. How many goals has Lats scored by being in the slot and tipping in point shots, the Habs must be the team with the least amount of deflected goals in the NHL, they've needed a net presence for YEARS, I realize that in the QJMHL, Lats didn't play this type of role...but in the NHL, he doesn't have nearly enough skills or skating ability to play like Akost, or D'Agostini etc...he needs to play like Mike Knuble or Alex Ponikarovsky or Dave Andreychuk, a great example, Tim Kerr... if you want to go back in time. Just listen to Lats speak, he'll talk about how in juniors he had success by playing a certain way...well excuse me Guillaume, THIS IS THE NHL, and alot of players are just as strong and big as he is or have more experience, which means he needs to find a way to contribute in other ways.
I have to put some accountability on the organization. How many times do we hear, we can't develop prospects for ****. Timmins is good at drafting, they do great in the AHL but can't play come in the NHL. Is it true only for others or is Latendresse included in the pack?

I'll repeat the same argument I bring up every time on the comparisons drawn by people for Latendresse. The players he is compared to never outscored him before the age of 25 albeit Ponikarovsky, Bertuzzi, Knuble, Holmstrom, Cleary and so on. Why does it take all these guys all this time to develop as a serious presence in front of the net? Sure it sounds easy, go to the net, you're bigger than everybody, shut up and do it. But looking back at all these guys I have to wonder why they were all labeled as lazy guys for most of their career. Maybe they're not that lazy and saying drive the net is likely easier than actually doing it. Sure some guys do it form an early age like Ovechkin, Nash and so on but they're supremely talented, which I don't think Latendresse is.

It's been that way since the dawn of time. People want Latendresse to play like Lambert, Tremblay, Knuble and so on but it takes time. That's all I can come up with really, disapointing, I'd like to see it happen more quickly but that's my answer.

Quote:
Do you want to continue being a 10-15 goal scorer who plays mostly on the 3rd line with spot duty top 6 time? Or would you rather be a solid 2nd line player who makes a living by using his size and strength below the hash marks.

You mentionned Ruel...well Ruel works for Lats agent, Pat Brisson, and Ruel HIMSELF stated that Lats has NOT PROGRESSED as a player since his rookie year. That's not me saying this, that's someone who works with Lats agent. Pierre McGuire was on Team 990 talking about how this summer, he and Lapierre showed up for 2 hours at a hockey camp this summer. How in the hell is a guy who is trying to make the coaching staff realize that he deserves to be in the top 6 not show up at that game every day and put in the necessary work to get better. You know who WAS THERE and showed up everyday, Ryan White, and White had arguably even more skating issues as Lats, but here he is in the NHL probably 2 years earlier than I ever thought he would be and his skating looks 10x improved as how it looked when he first came to camp a few years ago.
Did you listen to the interview or did you only stop at the 2 or 3 lines that were written here? At first I thought he was given a smack by his agent when it's the exact opposite.

I advise you to listen to the interview if you haven't done so.

http://www.corussports.com/audioplayer.php?mp3=35271

What Ruel said was that Latendresse didn't improve on his strengths. Latendresse's strengths being 1 on 1 in the offensive zone, so winning battles, takeover the puck and flip it to a teammate. Other strength hitting, a min of 3 per game and drive the net. In the 1st 5 games he did well on the 1st 2 objectives but didn't drive the net for which he did only 25% of the time. In the second block of 5 games, he did much better at driving the net. They worked on these 3 elements of his game. From that point on they worked on the rest like staying in fron the of the net and whatnot.

Conclusion after 3 years, he still did the same he did in Drummondville. In Drummondville he had Brassard who could feed him the puck, so Guillaume could use one of his strengths, being shooting from the slot.

So Guillaume has 3 qualities and during his stay with the Canadiens they did not work on his strengths but only on his weakness, being defense. The Canadiens development process works by improving on players' weaknesses rather than strengthening their core of abilities. Also, in juniors, he played on the right wing. He was never given that chance in Montreal. Ruel doesn't know for what reason but the Canadiens chose to play him on the left and Guillaume had to re-adapt to play that side. Ruel says Latendresse isn't a highly skilled player so, had more problems learning that new position.

Last edited by Mathletic: 11-27-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old
11-27-2009, 06:22 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Lats in an enormous liability defensively. Actually, I think stewart is the only that is worse. I wish i had some video to break down for you, but he's rarely available to help get the puck out when its rung around the boards, and even if he's there, he has trouble recognizing what to do with it.
There's this and other aspects of his game that are simply atrocious. I wish I'll be wrong cause he's a good kid but my gut feeling is that the Wild are not gonna pick up his contract at the end of the year. He'll be playing in Europe if he's lucky. What with the attitude he displayed when he was traded and the enormous holes in his game I think he's gonna be a big fail.

Then again maybe I'm high on the fact that at the end of last year I predicted he would be traded before the end of this year. Maybe I'm starting to believe all those voices that are speaking to me right now.

Hey, stop shouting, I'm not gonna write what you're saying....causes it's stupid....................Oh yeah....oh yeah.....

Old
11-27-2009, 06:25 PM
coolasprICE

If only Lats practiced his skating as much as his supporters invested time in defending him...

Old
11-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
If only Lats practiced his skating as much as his supporters invested time in defending him...
and haters piled on him?

Old
11-27-2009, 06:29 PM

At the end of the day...you guys want to make excuses for him that's fine. But that's also why if he keeps making the same excuses for himself, he'll find himself having a career where he bounces around from team to team from line to line never fufilling his potential. He'll manage to score 20 goals a few times but he'll always leave his team wanting more. The day he realizes his accountability for his career and the direction he wants it to go into, is the day he'll become a better player.

In the meantime, he'll have to average more than 27 shots over 23 games to become the player you think he can be...but then again, instead, you can spend your time blaming the Wild coaching staff and their organization instead, completely absolving him of all responsibility towards this own career

Please

Closed Thread