HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #26 / "You Know My Name" / Dany Heatley @ Edmonton Oilers / 11-27-09 / 7:30 PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2009, 02:34 AM
  #1
Cloned
Sexy Genesis
 
Cloned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 22,228
vCash: 500
Game #26 / "You Know My Name" / Dany Heatley @ Edmonton Oilers / 11-27-09 / 7:30 PM

GDT Music


Game #26
Music by Chris Cornell

_______________________________________

"You Know My Name"

The TRADE:



FOR



+



+



The PLACE:



The RESULT:


_______________________________________

General Information
(16-6-4)
(10-12-3)

When: Friday, November 27, 2009 / 7:30 PM MST

Where: Rexall Place, Edmonton, Alberta


Previews
NHL Preview
Oilers Preview
Sharks Preview
Quotables
Pat Quinn, on the loss against LA:
"We played just poorly enough to not win it and they played just well enough to win it. They're going home with two points and we are sucking wind."

Stats
NHL Standings

Season Series
Date
0 (H)11/27/20090 (A)

Team Leaders
Category
D. Penner (13)GoalsD. Heatley (18)
A. Hemsky (15)AssistsJ. Thornton (20)
D. Penner (26)PointsJ. Thornton (33)
D. Penner (+10)+/-J. Pavelski (+5)

Team Comparison
Category
23Points36
10Wins16
12Conf. Standing1
4Division Standing1
1Shutouts2
8-5-1Home Record7-1-2
2-7-2Away Record9-5-2
3-5-2Last 10 Record5-2-3
13 (21.2%)PP Rank3 (25.0%)
18 (79.6%)PK Rank3 (85.3%)
16 (2.84)GF Rank4 (3.27)
25 (3.00)GA Rank7 (2.54)
28 (46.8%)FO Rank1 (56.4%)

Player Statistics
GoalsAssistsPoints+/-
D. Penner131326+10
A. Hemsky71522+7
L. Visnovsky51318+4
S. Gagner5914-5
G. Brule6713-1
GoalsAssistsPoints+/-
J. Thornton72633+1
D. Heatley181129+1
P. Marleau141327+4
D. Boyle51722+4
R. Clowe41216+1
Projected Lines
Left WingCenterRight Wing
Penner Gagner Potulny
Jacques Horcoff Brule
Moreau Cogliano O'Sullivan
McDonald O'Marra Stortini
Left DefensemanRight Defenseman
Smid Visnovsky
Souray Staios
Strudwick Gilbert


Left WingCenterRight Wing
Heatley Thornton Pavelski
Clowe Marleau McGinn
Mitchell Malhotra Ortmeyer
Ferriero Nichol Shelley
Left DefensemanRight Defenseman
Vlasic Boyle
Demers Murray
Huskins Joslin
Projected Starters
Jeff Deslauriers
Evgeni Nabokov
3-3-114-4-4
2.41 (NR)2.30 (9)
.920 (NR).923 (5)
1 SO (11)2 SO (4)
Injury Report
InjuryStatus
F. PisaniColitisOut
D. GrebeshkovKneeOut
M. PouliotSports HerniaOut
R. StoneKneeOut
N. KhabibulinBackQuestionable
T. ChorneyAnkleOut
R. NilssonConcussionOut
M. ComrieMononucleosisOut
A. HemskyUpper BodyDoubtful

InjuryStatus
R. BlakeUpper BodyDoubtful
D. SetoguchiLower BodyOut
B. StaubitzFaceOut

__________________

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series

Last edited by Cloned: 11-27-2009 at 03:25 AM.
Cloned is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 02:35 AM
  #2
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
This is going to be an UGLAY game with a capital UG.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 02:36 AM
  #3
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,712
vCash: 350
I actually wish I had my old crappy tv for this one. I may pass out from the stench on HD.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 02:40 AM
  #4
Ty Webb*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Oilers get outshot 82-14, win 2-1.

Oh wait, Roloson is gone, lose 14-2. SJ is gonna be pissed, it might get messy, but the Oil are pretty resilient, who knows. Need JDD to be a king among men.

Ty Webb* is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 02:40 AM
  #5
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
Win or lose, I hope Heatley gets put through the boards.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 02:40 AM
  #6
oilfansixtynine
schulebsyakhallnuge
 
oilfansixtynine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: bla bla land
Country: Canada
Posts: 627
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to oilfansixtynine
we've got this one, we did it in the playoffs...
penner 3 goals
cogliano 2 goal
smid 1 goal
heatley 5 goals

oilfansixtynine is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 02:46 AM
  #7
oXo Cube
Termite
 
oXo Cube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In your closet
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
7-5 Oilers

Penner(EN), Horc(2), Gagner, Gilbert, Souray(2)

Heatley(5)

SJ goes 5 for 6 on the power play.

Book it.


Last edited by oXo Cube: 11-27-2009 at 02:54 AM.
oXo Cube is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 02:50 AM
  #8
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,651
vCash: 500
i will be there for this massive **** show

SJ got pwned last game, they will come out with something to prove! Thankfully they are playing the oilers eh! lol

awesomo is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 03:08 AM
  #9
gonegonegone*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_13875422

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2009/11/26/boos-at-home-and-heatleys-thoughts-on-booing-hell-hear-in-edmonton/


Article (and blog post) in the local SJ paper about Heater in the Rexall. Has a few quotes from one of your local columnists too (Jim Matheson), regarding why you guys disliked Heater for saying "ok" then "no".

“Hell hath no fury like a city scorned,” he wrote back. “The fans in Edmonton are tired of stars either not wanting to come here or bolting, like Chris Pronger did after they got to the Stanley Cup final in 2006. In 2007, Michael Nylander also agreed verbally to sign here as a free-agent, then backed out.

“They’re getting a bit of an inferiority complex,” he continued.

gonegonegone* is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 03:15 AM
  #10
GatoradeG*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Hard Justice View Post
7-5 Oilers

Penner(EN), Horc(2), Gagner, Gilbert, Souray(2)

Heatley(5)

SJ goes 5 for 6 on the power play.

Book it.
More like 6 for 5. I don't have much hope for this game.

GatoradeG* is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 03:31 AM
  #11
Cloned
Sexy Genesis
 
Cloned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 22,228
vCash: 500
btw, you can all thank your friendly neighbourhood moderator Cloned for taking the loss in his GDT record in this one.

The things I do for Queen and HF...

Cloned is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 03:41 AM
  #12
GatoradeG*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
btw, you can all thank your friendly neighbourhood moderator Cloned for taking the loss in his GDT record in this one.

The things I do for Queen and HF...
<33333

GatoradeG* is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 03:56 AM
  #13
Wyrm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_13875422

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2009/11/26/boos-at-home-and-heatleys-thoughts-on-booing-hell-hear-in-edmonton/


Article (and blog post) in the local SJ paper about Heater in the Rexall. Has a few quotes from one of your local columnists too (Jim Matheson), regarding why you guys disliked Heater for saying "ok" then "no".

“Hell hath no fury like a city scorned,” he wrote back. “The fans in Edmonton are tired of stars either not wanting to come here or bolting, like Chris Pronger did after they got to the Stanley Cup final in 2006. In 2007, Michael Nylander also agreed verbally to sign here as a free-agent, then backed out.

“They’re getting a bit of an inferiority complex,” he continued.
Didn't he also say that Spezza is a turnover machine? Oh wait, it wasn't him, was it?

Wyrm is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 03:59 AM
  #14
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Bozo Buddies
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,840
vCash: 500
I want to see Jacques knock Heatley into next week.

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
11-27-2009, 04:06 AM
  #15
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
I'm getting sick of hearing about how "mature" Heatley supposedly is from people that he hasn't jerked around.

*Expletive* Heatley.

Matheson's comment about an inferiority complex is correct and it's been there since '06. It is what what it is and there's nothing that we can do about it. I'm becoming increasingly hostile towards these "good ole Canadian boys" that wish to live out their NHL dream relaxing on the beach.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 04:11 AM
  #16
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 55,018
vCash: 50
I hope oiler fans give that SUCK the BIG, WARM, welcome he deserves

what enterence does the lynch mob form at

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 04:13 AM
  #17
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
This has got me thinking about the lack of elite Canadian born forwards that actually play in Canada. You have Iginla... then Spezza... and then it falls right off the map.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 04:48 AM
  #18
HFPM
Registered User
 
HFPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Leduc...
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I want to see Jacques knock Heatley into next week.
How about into next year?

HFPM is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 05:16 AM
  #19
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,238
vCash: 500
As much as it pains me to say it -- Heatley was right to not waive his NTC.

I mean if he had accepted the deal here, it's likely we'd only be 2-4 points better at best and probably be struggling to get the 8th seed all year long. His goal scoring likely would take a hit here too (sorry Hemsky is no Spezza, let alone Thornton ... and Horcoff ... lol is considerably worse than Alfredsson or Marleau). In San Jose he's well on pace to top 50 goals playing with Jumbo Joe.

If the basis of his decision was to ensure the best trade for his immediate career, then its hard to argue that waiting for San Jose wasn't the right move for him. They're in 1st place, we're in what ... 12th? Until we get more stability with the franchise and a true 1st line superstar (read: the draft), other stars aren't going to want to play here.

The Sharks may choke in the playoffs again, but at least they're pretty much a lock to get in.


Last edited by Soundwave: 11-27-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Soundwave is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 06:02 AM
  #20
Ty Webb*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
This has got me thinking about the lack of elite Canadian born forwards that actually play in Canada. You have Iginla... then Spezza... and then it falls right off the map.
Horcoff.

Ty Webb* is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 06:14 AM
  #21
oilerfanatic
Registered User
 
oilerfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Siberia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
hope we cheer heatley every time he touches the puck to confuse him...then we got this game in the bag..

oilerfanatic is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 06:59 AM
  #22
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
As much as it pains me to say it -- Heatley was right to not waive his NTC.

I mean if he had accepted the deal here, it's likely we'd only be 2-4 points better at best and probably be struggling to get the 8th seed all year long. His goal scoring likely would take a hit here too (sorry Hemsky is no Spezza, let alone Thornton ... and Horcoff ... lol is considerably worse than Alfredsson or Marleau). In San Jose he's well on pace to top 50 goals playing with Jumbo Joe.

If the basis of his decision was to ensure the best trade for his immediate career, then its hard to argue that waiting for San Jose wasn't the right move for him. They're in 1st place, we're in what ... 12th? Until we get more stability with the franchise and a true 1st line superstar (read: the draft), other stars aren't going to want to play here.

The Sharks may choke in the playoffs again, but at least they're pretty much a lock to get in.
Given how well both Penner and Smid have played, it is quite likley that the Oilers might be even worse off in the standings had this trade happened.

Fourier is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 07:03 AM
  #23
JohnAlexander
 
JohnAlexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
Epic song. In my ipod's top 5 most played.

James Bond ftw. 7-0 Oil.

JohnAlexander is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 08:46 AM
  #24
Rooooooooooxxxanne*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
Awesome GDT.

I can't wait to see the reception Heatley gets.

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 08:46 AM
  #25
CorpseFX
Registered User
 
CorpseFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 7,741
vCash: 50
this game will be the same as any. Oiler loss.

any fans that are uptight still, have problems, and should think about the paradox of hating a dude you didnt end up wanting anyway. uh, psycho?

and the players involved should be thanking him - cause now theyre stuck in a bottomfeeder team while Ottawa is in a playoff spot. :O hahah

CorpseFX is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.