HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #26 / "You Know My Name" / Dany Heatley @ Edmonton Oilers / 11-27-09 / 7:30 PM

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2009, 11:20 AM
teamblue

vCash: 500
I think, and really hope happens, that the fans should just ignore him, because, really, what does he care? And when Penner/Smid/Cogs do something worth cheering about, they put a little extra noise into it for them instead of wasting their energy on Heatley.

Old
11-27-2009, 11:36 AM
voucher101

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfansixtynine View Post
we've got this one, we did it in the playoffs...
penner 3 goals
cogliano 2 goal
smid 1 goal
heatley 5 goals
I see what u did there

Old
11-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Mentallydull

Upon my perusal of today's GDT thread I came across Andrew Cogliano's picture. After quickly glancing at it and continuing on down the page, something caught my eye and I had to scroll back up. Now I can't help but wonder why the **** is he wearing a ****ing clock on his arm?

Old
11-27-2009, 11:53 AM
DesiFever

The best way to stick it to Heatley is to do the opposite of what he expects and this is something I suggest the fans do tonight:

Don't make a sound when he touches the puck and act like you don't give a S*#T about him. He expects to be roundly booed everytime he touches the puck because he realizes the fans are hung-up on him. Let him know you've moved on and he isnt a big deal and you dont care about him. It'll get to him personally for sure.

This also will not make Edmonton like a bush-league town on TV again for viewers watching, and speak to that 'inferiority complex' everyone speaks of. Just a though.

Old
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Lounge Act*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiFever View Post
The best way to stick it to Heatley is to do the opposite of what he expects and this is something I suggest the fans do tonight:

Don't make a sound when he touches the puck and act like you don't give a S*#T about him. He expects to be roundly booed everytime he touches the puck because he realizes the fans are hung-up on him. Let him know you've moved on and he isnt a big deal and you dont care about him. It'll get to him personally for sure.

This also will not make Edmonton like a bush-league town on TV again for viewers watching, and speak to that 'inferiority complex' everyone speaks of. Just a though.
That would be the thing to do, sadly it's not going to happen.

Old
11-27-2009, 11:57 AM
deanmoriarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiFever View Post

Like that's going to happen. Rexall is full of pissed off, frustrated hockey fans tonight. They gotta take it out on someone. Plus a lot of Sens fans are probably watching so we can't let them down. Let him have it guys.

Old
11-27-2009, 12:11 PM
BlueBelle

Heatley got booed everytime he touched the puck at the Team Canada Red on White game here in Calgary... I doubt very much that he won't hear the same thing tonight at Rexall.

Old
11-27-2009, 12:25 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

I kind of like that Heatley rejected us at this point due to what Penner and Smid have been able to do.

Old
11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Well I slept on it and I have come to a decision. I need options before deciding whose head to crush.....

11-27-2009, 12:36 PM
40oz

Should be an entertaining loss.

Looking forward to seeing what O'Marra and McDonald can bring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Well I slept on it and I have come to a decision. I need options before deciding whose head to crush.....

lol

Or if you want to take another (less friendly) route you can find a pic of Dany Heatleys precrushed car.

Old
11-27-2009, 12:37 PM
BlueBelle

Quote:
Ignore Heater and go with Marleau or Nabakov?

I know Marleau isn't captain anymore... and in those pictures he is though... Does that make it more fitting? His team stripped his C and now you crush his head?

Old
11-27-2009, 12:42 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Heres how I feel about our chances tonight. http://www.pacdudegames.com/fail/

Old
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
TowMater14

vCash: 50
Boo boobirds boo.....boo like you have never boo'd before. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Old
11-27-2009, 12:56 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Should be an entertaining loss.

Looking forward to seeing what O'Marra and McDonald can bring.

lol

Or if you want to take another (less friendly) route you can find a pic of Dany Heatleys precrushed car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
Ignore Heater and go with Marleau or Nabakov?

I know Marleau isn't captain anymore... and in those pictures he is though... Does that make it more fitting? His team stripped his C and now you crush his head?
Interesting but I think I should still consider my options.

Old
11-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
btw, you can all thank your friendly neighbourhood moderator Cloned for taking the loss in his GDT record in this one.

The things I do for Queen and HF...
I took the Chicago loss, it's only fair that you take this one.

I want to end my long week on a positive note!

Old
11-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Joseppi

312 - 3 for the Oilers

117 for Smid
97 for Penner
62 for Cogliano
28 for Brule
8 for JDD

Old
11-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Ghostbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post
312 - 3 for the Oilers

117 for Smid
97 for Penner
62 for Cogliano
28 for Brule
8 for JDD
PIMS?

Old
11-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Shizuka

It certainly has the potential to get really ugly tonight. I'd love nothing more than to see Jacques plaster Heatley, but if that is the best we can hope for we are royally screwed. Maybe the callups will inject some life and enthusiasm into the current listless bunch. We can always hope for a win, as fans, but the best we can seemingly expect is to not get completely shelled tonight.

4-1 Sharks, Brule with the lone goal.

Old
11-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
As much as it pains me to say it -- Heatley was right to not waive his NTC.

I mean if he had accepted the deal here, it's likely we'd only be 2-4 points better at best and probably be struggling to get the 8th seed all year long. His goal scoring likely would take a hit here too (sorry Hemsky is no Spezza, let alone Thornton ... and Horcoff ... lol is considerably worse than Alfredsson or Marleau). In San Jose he's well on pace to top 50 goals playing with Jumbo Joe.

If the basis of his decision was to ensure the best trade for his immediate career, then its hard to argue that waiting for San Jose wasn't the right move for him. They're in 1st place, we're in what ... 12th? Until we get more stability with the franchise and a true 1st line superstar (read: the draft), other stars aren't going to want to play here.

The Sharks may choke in the playoffs again, but at least they're pretty much a lock to get in.
Yeah. If you had a choice to play in northern Alberta on a bubble team, or in northern California on a contending team, who would you pick? Heatley is a talented player and used his status to get what he wanted, the same way a spoiled brat makes a bunch of noise to get what it wants. I cant say I blame him. He knew that San Jose was interested and figuered that if he stomped his feet and screamed "I wanna play in San Jose!!!" long enough, he would get his way. Thats the way spoiled brats operate.

Old
11-27-2009, 02:22 PM
RKD

The vBookie odds aren't what I had expected. I was hoping to the Oilers would be bigger dogs so that we could cash in on an unexpected Oiler win.

It should be at least 2.70!

11-27-2009, 03:04 PM
OilerFanatic88

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamblue View Post
I think, and really hope happens, that the fans should just ignore him, because, really, what does he care? And when Penner/Smid/Cogs do something worth cheering about, they put a little extra noise into it for them instead of wasting their energy on Heatley.
agreed. I think the best would be to not boo him, show him that we are over him and that he isn't that big of a deal. Just feeing his ego more by booing him.

Old
11-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Stoneman89

4-3 for the mighty Oil. JD first star. The patient crawls out of sick bed and takes one last gasp of air and a mighty swing at the giant.....connects and then collapses for the rest of the season.

Old
11-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Eytinge

Argh, these were the games that Roloson would always steal for us. Oilers will lose 5-2

Old
11-27-2009, 03:58 PM
misfit

Don't care about Heatley, and he sure as hell doesn't care about us.

As for the game, all signs point to us not even having a shot. San Jose is a top team in the league who should be extra motivated after being embarassed by the Hawks in their last game. Hemsky is out, Horcoff still can't take faceoffs, and Khabibulin is on the shelf with his replacement putting in average performances in his absence. Our special teams are terrible, and theirs are fantastic.

That said, we have a tendancy to pull out games that we have no business being in every now and again (usually involving the Sharks), so here's to an Oiler victory tonight at home!

GO OILERS!

Old
11-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:

I laughed and to anyone else who did: I'll see all you in Hell

Closed Thread