HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Kaberle vs. Green race

Old
11-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Pierre Gotye

vCash: 500
The Kaberle vs. Green race

Just who will finish this season with more points?

This one is brewing up to be really close:

19 Mike Green WSH D 24 3 22 25
20 Tomas Kaberle TOR D 24 2 23 25

Each defenseman ranks 19th and 20th respectively in NHL scoring. Green definitely has more weapons at his disposal than Kaberle does, but this finish should be interesting.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
embracedbias

Probably Green.

Kaberle doesn't have the benefit of Ovechkin, Backstrom and Semin.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:29 AM
EazyB97

Green, his goal scoring numbers are below usual and he has more players around him to create. Plus he's pure run and gun with the Capitals.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:34 AM
TheProspector

Green. He's flat out a better offensive defenceman, and on the best team in the league. Faster, better shot, comparable pass... Kaberle & Green would sure look nasty on the powerplay together, though...

TheProspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Hockey Talker29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProspector View Post
Green. He's flat out a better offensive defenceman, and on the best team in the league. Faster, better shot, comparable pass... Kaberle & Green would sure look nasty on the powerplay together, though...
I fail to see how he's better offensively. You don't think Kaberle would explode if he had Backstrom, Semin, and Ovy to pass to?

Green's got a better shot, but his passing is nowhere near Kaberle's level. He's starting to become severely overrated.

Hockey Talker29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
flat out better? really?

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
embracedbias

Could you imagine how many points Kaberle would get playing with Ovie, Backstrom and Semin?

Washington should trade us Carlson, Laich and a 1st for Kaberle, just so they could put this out on the PP:

Semin - Backstrom - Ovechkin

Kaberle - Green

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Mr Lahey*

I don't men to sound like a homer but there is nothing clear cut here...Green had one outstanding season and now he is labelled as the best. I still would take Neids, Pronger, Kaberle and Streit...then again I have never liked Green.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:18 PM
TheProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Talker29 View Post
I fail to see how he's better offensively. You don't think Kaberle would explode if he had Backstrom, Semin, and Ovy to pass to?

Green's got a better shot, but his passing is nowhere near Kaberle's level. He's starting to become severely overrated.
Kaberle was already overrated. He scored a bunch of points at the beginning of the season, and has essentially disappeared for the last 10 games (except in his own zone, where he makes lazy defensive plays).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
flat out better? really?
Yes. To get Mike Green, you'd have to include a 1st+ along with Kaberle to get him, and that's because he's a better player now, not just because he scored 31 goals as a 24 year old.

TheProspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Mr Lahey*

Quote:
Kaberle was already overrated. He scored a bunch of points at the beginning of the season, and has essentially disappeared for the last 10 games (except in his own zone, where he makes lazy defensive plays).

Yes. To get Mike Green, you'd have to include a 1st+ along with Kaberle to get him, and that's because he's a better player now, not just because he scored 31 goals as a 24 year old.

He has 7 points in the last 10 games....nice try though. Maybe you should actually look these things up before you throw them out there?

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Probably Green.

Kaberle doesn't have the benefit of Ovechkin, Backstrom and Semin.
Agreed with this - Green has a slightly better supporting cast, and he always gets ice time with that cast, in comparison to Kaberle.

Also - Green started off the year much slower than last year as well, which could have a lot to do with it; finally looks like finding his best form.

Irrespective, Kaberle keeping up his point production is only good news for Toronto

Tak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Jerkini

Quote:

I'm not saying Tomas Kaberle is better or that Mike Green is terrible. All i'm saying is you're delusional if you think Mike Green is "flat out better" than Tomas Kaberle. I don't even think this is a fair comparison considering the likes of which Mike Green gets to play with.

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Christ

Green. Kaberle had a hot spell but he has cooled significantly since then. Kabs simply does not have the offensive players to help him boost his point totals as Green has. Also Green is a far superior goalscorer to Kabs...

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:42 PM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
Just who will finish this season with more points?

This one is brewing up to be really close:

19 Mike Green WSH D 24 3 22 25
20 Tomas Kaberle TOR D 24 2 23 25

Each defenseman ranks 19th and 20th respectively in NHL scoring. Green definitely has more weapons at his disposal than Kaberle does, but this finish should be interesting.
I think it's a foregone conclusion that Greener will separate from the pack. He should win this race hands down. I'm not even sure Kabs will remain in the top 5.

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:44 PM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lahey View Post
I don't men to sound like a homer but there is nothing clear cut here...Green had one outstanding season and now he is labelled as the best. I still would take Neids, Pronger, Kaberle and Streit...then again I have never liked Green.
Watch the guy play - he dominates offensively from the backend.

Don't get me wrong, Kabby is an exceptional offensive D-man, but Green is a cut above, and it's not even close.

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Semantics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lahey View Post
He has 7 points in the last 10 games....nice try though. Maybe you should actually look these things up before you throw them out there?
That's only a 57 point pace over 82 games, which would be a pretty typical year for Kaberle. He'll have to do produce than that to beat Green, or even finish in the top 5 probably.

Semantics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:29 PM
akiberg*

Quote:
Chicago sends out a quick hello.

akiberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:34 PM
The Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Talker29 View Post

I LOVE Kaberle...I am one of his biggest supporter's but Green is FLAT OUT a better offensive defenseman.
Green had 31 goals and 42 assists last year in only 68 games at 23 years old.
That is AMAZING!!!

The Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:36 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
That's only a 57 point pace over 82 games, which would be a pretty typical year for Kaberle. He'll have to do produce than that to beat Green, or even finish in the top 5 probably.
That 57 point pace is to prove that he hasn't "disappeared" like the poster claimed in the last 10 games.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Green, it will not be close.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:39 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

I love Kabs, but I think eventually Green runs away with it. Unless Kabs can get an assist on every Kessel goal, from here, to the end of the season.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Bomber0104

How is that even an argument? Green is the best offensive defenceman in the league right now. The scary part is he is still 24 and will probably get a lot better. Kaberle just doesn't have the shot to compete with a guy like Green

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:50 PM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Green. Kaberle had a hot spell but he has cooled significantly since then. Kabs simply does not have the offensive players to help him boost his point totals as Green has. Also Green is a far superior goalscorer to Kabs...
Funny How Kabby's hot spell was with Komi pairing with him... With Komi down, Kaberle has stepped down a notch.

Once Komi is back, will Kabby pick it up again? We'll see.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 03:07 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Green will likely be able to continue this ppg pace till the very end. With Kaberle, we're a third into the season and he had a couple big games so it kinda inflated his totals to a certain extent. I expect he'll cool off slightly but still finish with about 60ish points...not bad at all.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Vintage93

Green will win the defenseman scoring race.

He has an ungodly, coffey-esque scoring ability.
Kaberle is very smart and heady but does not possess the ability of Mike Green.

Vintage93 is offline   Reply With Quote