HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
im all against trading weiss, but if tallon actually wants to do it he would be extremely idiotic to do it now, because this is like mccabe, it limits the return significantly. and plus, we dont need or have to trade him
This is nothing like McCabe; Weiss is still under contract for many years. If Tallon doesn't get a lot for him, he won't trade him; he DOESN'T HAVE TO. He HAD TO trade McCabe, in order to get something in return before he left in free agency.

Plus, Weiss is a much more valuable player than McCabe with much more upside, NMC's aside.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
This is nothing like McCabe; Weiss is still under contract for many years. If Tallon doesn't get a lot for him, he won't trade him; he DOESN'T HAVE TO. He HAD TO trade McCabe, in order to get something in return before he left in free agency.

Plus, Weiss is a much more valuable player than McCabe with much more upside, NMC's aside.
Leafs have nothing i'd be interested in getting back for Weiss.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:39 AM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Leafs have nothing i'd be interested in getting back for Weiss.
Disagree. Colborne, their 2 firsts this year, 2012 1st, Kadri all interest me.

I don't know what combination of those assets most intrigue me but those are solid pieces.

1,000 posts. It's taken me long enough.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
Disagree. Colborne, their 2 firsts this year, 2012 1st, Kadri all interest me.

I don't know what combination of those assets most intrigue me but those are solid pieces.

1,000 posts. It's taken me long enough.
Congrats!

Sure, i'd love Colborne, but i doubt the Leafs give him up after just acquiring him. If he was on the table, then yeah. About Kadri... meh, not sure how i feel about him.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Montsy14

Allen to Carolina for Samsonov..????? Nooooooooo

hfialkov Harvey Fialkov
#Panthers working on deal of d Bryan Allen to Carolina for vet. LW Samsonov according to source
1 minute ago

Old
02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Allen to Carolina for Samsonov..????? Nooooooooo

hfialkov Harvey Fialkov
#Panthers working on deal of d Bryan Allen to Carolina for vet. LW Samsonov according to source
1 minute ago
Expiring contract for Allen. I'll take it.

Old
03-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:

Yes and No. Yes, McCabe was/is a UFA and Tallon wanted to get the most out of him just to make sure he didn't lose him to FA for nothing. On the other hand, McCabe did make it very known that he enjoyed being a Florida Panther and wanted to retire a Panther. I liked McCabe when we first aquired him but this past season,not so much. We gave up an experienced defenseman,but we also opened up a spot for one of our youth.

Old
03-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Yes and No. Yes, McCabe was/is a UFA and Tallon wanted to get the most out of him just to make sure he didn't lose him to FA for nothing. On the other hand, McCabe did make it very known that he enjoyed being a Florida Panther and wanted to retire a Panther. I liked McCabe when we first aquired him but this past season,not so much. We gave up an experienced defenseman,but we also opened up a spot for one of our youth.
What part of that is a "no?" Seems like you agreed with just about everything I had said.

Old
03-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
What part of that is a "no?" Seems like you agreed with just about everything I had said.
The no was for the "He had to trade McCabe". He didn't HAVE too, he WANTED too! Whether it was because Tallon wanted to get younger, didn't like McCabe, or wanted draft picks/prospects, he didn't HAVE to trade McCabe because McCabe publically stated he wanted to retire a Panther. Tallon didn't have to worry about McCabe walking at the end of the season for nothing in return because McCabe would've stayed put and re-signed. I liked McCabe up until this season, and I still would rather see Weiss have the "C" on his chest, but I didn't mind seeing him traded. Tallon traded McCabe to free up cap space and I guess hope that he signs Guds long term and possibly finding a replacement for McCabe.

Old
05-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...s-More/1/36022

Yes, this is from "he who shall not be named" meaning it is probably categorically untrue and the kiss of death. But still interesting in a couple places ...

Quote:
5. Oilers considering dealing first pick?

No. Not that I am hearing, however they are actively pursuing another top ten pick to make a "franchise move" with a team from the East. It has long been known the Oilers love Jason Spezza, and there is a strong belief the team needs some experienced star power to bring along the ridiculous riches of youth they have in Edmonton. The Oilers are looking hard at defense with the #1 pick, and they will almost certainly draft the player many are touting as the next great D-man...Adam Larsson. "better than Hedman, closer to Lidstrom...ready NOW" yeh...I might take that...
If the Oil takes Larsson, it leaves RNH and Lando on the board not to mention the usual suspects of Couterier, Huberdeau, etc.

Quote:
7. Vokoun likely stays if Florida...

That's the word on the street. He has value, but loves playing in Florida...Even had they been able to deal him at the deadline I am hearing he would have returned to Florida in all likelihood.
Again, interesting because if TVo does come back, it gives Markstrom an extra year in the AHL to hone his game and bring him along slowly.

Old
05-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post

Yes, this is from "he who shall not be named" meaning it is probably categorically untrue and the kiss of death. But still interesting in a couple places ...

If the Oil takes Larsson, it leaves RNH and Lando on the board not to mention the usual suspects of Couterier, Huberdeau, etc.

Again, interesting because if TVo does come back, it gives Markstrom an extra year in the AHL to hone his game and bring him along slowly.
Ideally, I'd like to give Vokoun another 3 years (as always, mind you, as long as the price is right). Keep Markstrom in the A one more year while we wait out Clemmensen's contract. Bring him up to back up Tomas for a year, trying to steal the starter's job, then one last season for Vokoun as a backup with Markstrom starting.

But as the source for this is Eklund (he who shall not be named is actually Mathieu Biron...oh, wait DAMN!!) that likely means Vokoun's not only done playing for the Panthers, but will likely sign in the KHL as that's pretty much as close to the other side of the Earth as you can get, which would be in line with Eklund's usual accuracy.

05-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Boooooth10

I know the Oilers desperately need some stud defensemen but they can't pass up on RNH. They're going to need someone to set Hall up.

And isn't the 2012 draft supposed to be a great year for defensemen?

Old
05-25-2011, 01:23 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post

It would be great to see Edmonton take Larsson with the first pick, because I think we would have a decent shot at RNH, but I just dont see it happening.

I think Vokoun re-signs here as well. A 2-3 year deal would be fine with me, but at a discounted rate from what he made before. This would allow Markstrom to back up Vokie, and learn from him, and give us a similar goaltending tandem/formula to what the Bruins have, with Thomas and Rask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
I know the Oilers desperately need some stud defensemen but they can't pass up on RNH. They're going to need someone to set Hall up.

2012 is a great year for Dmen, but from my understanding, Larsson still is the cream of the crop, even considering next years possibilities. I still dont think they pass up RNH, but I wouldnt be shocked if they went with Larsson.

Old
05-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
But as the source for this is Eklund (he who shall not be named is actually Mathieu Biron...oh, wait DAMN!!)

Old
05-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Thunderheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post

Just got back to south Florida from a conference in Portland, OR that had a good number of Canadiens present. Several different Oilers fans said yes we need a stud D-man but will not pass on RNH,,,for what it is worth

Old
06-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Unagi

Not really a rumor, but I couldn't think of another thread to ask this:

I just visited the Panthers hompage and noticed some changes. Are you guys "restarting" the franchise with new logo and uniforms? Just curious

That being said all the best to the panthers for their future

Old
06-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Panthers 20

We See Red

Old
06-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Holy Jokinen

GR says that Eklund says that we're swapping firsts with EDM.

So it's not happening.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Montsy14

adater adater
Some industry chatter about maybe Edm and Florida talking about swapping picks
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
06-21-2011, 01:35 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
GR says that Eklund says that we're swapping firsts with EDM.

So it's not happening.
It would be a brilliant move by Tallon, but of course Ek just killed any hope of mine that it would happen!

Old
06-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Montsy14

THNRyanKennedy Ryan Kennedy
by TheHockeyNews
Have now heard from two sources that Edmonton may trade down from No. 1 pick. Florida a likely partner.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
THNRyanKennedy Ryan Kennedy
by TheHockeyNews
Have now heard from two sources that Edmonton may trade down from No. 1 pick. Florida a likely partner.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
woah, IF this is happening. could it happen anytime before the draft or does it have to be on draft day?

Old
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

If all we have to give up is someone like Petrovic or the #33, or both, I'm down. But if I'm Tallon I say no way to Bjugstad, Gud, or Markstrom. I doubt he would give up any of those guys anyway but things like this always scare me. I don't think it's gonna happen anyway though.

Old
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
woah, IF this is happening. could it happen anytime before the draft or does it have to be on draft day?
It can happen any time.

Assuming it's not a ridiculous price, I would be extremely pleased if Tallon can make this happen.

Old
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
Anytime. More rumors say Vokoun's rights are involved, so it's up to whether or not he signs.

Closed Thread