HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Jersey question

Old
02-23-2010, 09:58 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

vCash: 500
Jersey question

I am getting a practice jersey and I have a couple questions.

1) Which is better- Kamazu, Gear, CCM, or Nike Bauer?
I'm looking here: http://www.hockeygiant.com/jersey---...y-jerseys.html

2) What size do I need? I'm a girl, 5'3", and of "average" weight, though I could probably stand to lose a few pounds. I would want it to comfortably fit over all of my gear, maybe even be a little loose.

Thanks!

EDIT: Well, I have some other sizing questions.

- What size socks would I need? As I said, I am 5'3", so I don't know if I need 24" or 28".
- When getting a wooden practice stick, should I get a junior or a senior? My current stick is a junior but it had to have an extension of about 3". Since this is just for practice in my backyard, I'm assuming the size isn't vital, so I'm leaning towards getting a junior, especially because I'll be on foot and not on skates.

Last edited by quoth the Raven: 02-23-2010 at 10:03 PM.
quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

ccm or n nike bauer
probably 24 or just get junior

and a junior or try an int stick that might be better if it is available where you are buying it

hockey monkey should have it in int and junior im pretty sure.......

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:09 PM
AIREAYE

Yeah, def go for the INT stick

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Hockeyfan68

I can tell you from personal experience that the Men's CCM practice jersies that are one solid color as they run big in size. I usually wear a XXL but for the CCM jersey I mentioned I wear an XL as it fits like an XXL.

I am not sure about the Junior sizing or anything.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:28 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I can tell you from personal experience that the Men's CCM practice jersies that are one solid color as they run big in size. I usually wear a XXL but for the CCM jersey I mentioned I wear an XL as it fits like an XXL.

I am not sure about the Junior sizing or anything.
Okay that is what I got... how big are you? I got an XL... should I cancel my order and get something smaller?

Old
02-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Okay that is what I got... how big are you? I got an XL... should I cancel my order and get something smaller?
youre 5'3 135-40ish?

XL is probably going to be huge

i have an XL and its kind of big on me the way i like to wear them and im 6'3 190

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:46 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
youre 5'3 135-40ish?

XL is probably going to be huge

i have an XL and its kind of big on me the way i like to wear them and im 6'3 190
Wow... well damn, they don't have the color I wanted in anything smaller than an XL. Will I look ridiculous in it?

EDIT: They have another color I could live with in M. Is that too small?

Old
02-24-2010, 12:54 AM
BluelineHammer

I think your best bet is to go into a store and try a few jerseys on, then order what you want online, usually cheaper.

I also notice that some of the sizing is different between the manufacturers. I have a good 30 or so jerseys in my closet ranging from RBK, CCM, Baur, Zephyr, Colosseum and I can put on a RBK size large and feel comfortable but the CCM large feels a bit tighter. I don't know, maybe just me.

BluelineHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:29 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluelineHammer View Post
I think your best bet is to go into a store and try a few jerseys on, then order what you want online, usually cheaper.

I also notice that some of the sizing is different between the manufacturers. I have a good 30 or so jerseys in my closet ranging from RBK, CCM, Baur, Zephyr, Colosseum and I can put on a RBK size large and feel comfortable but the CCM large feels a bit tighter. I don't know, maybe just me.
Yeah, that would have been the best thing to do. However now I've already ordered and for a $10 jersey, I can't complain too much. The good thing about too big is that I can hem it if I need to. And it's just for my own practice use anyway.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Old
02-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
I'm 6ft 4in 242lbs (today anyway) my jerseys are senior men's sizing. If you are 5 ft 3in this will fit you like a dress and may go to your knees. They fit me lossely for crying out loud.

I would cancel your order and get something smaller. I know it sucks buying stuff by different companies huh? Other jersey companies and I wear an XXL or something.

Old
02-24-2010, 01:33 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
I'm 6ft 4in 242lbs (today anyway) my jerseys are senior men's sizing.
Wow. Well if that's big on you, then I definitely don't need an XL. I'll call in the morning about getting a medium. Thanks!

Old
02-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Wow. Well if that's big on you, then I definitely don't need an XL. I'll call in the morning about getting a medium. Thanks!
Yeah I don't think you would go wrong with a medium.

Old
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Yeah I don't think you would go wrong with a medium.
Now the only question is, do I want matching green socks (the medium is a "kelly green" jersey) or white socks?

Old
02-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Now the only question is, do I want matching green socks (the medium is a "kelly green" jersey) or white socks?
That is easy, white goes with anything so you could use them later with a different jersey. BUT traditionally you would want a dark color to go with a dark color so getting a green comparable to the green jersey would be okay too.

Then again don't take my advice because I can't match my own junk for crap as evidenced from this 2002 photo on the pond wearing a Winnie the Pooh jersey, red gloves and a bad candy cane tape job years before Kessel ever did it.

What was I thinking lmao @ me. The jersey is an XXL by the way and the same size as the CCM XL practice jersey. I'm not wearing any equipment under it in the photo. I remember wearing a Reebok practice jersey a friend lent me one time as I needed a white jersey and forgot mine, it was also an XL and fit like an XXL.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 02-24-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old
02-24-2010, 07:50 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
That is easy, white goes with anything so you could use them later with a different jersey. BUT traditionally you would want a dark color to go with a dark color so getting a green comparable to the green jersey would be okay too.

Then again don't take my advice because I can't match my own junk for crap as evidenced from this 2002 photo on the pond wearing a Winnie the Pooh jersey, red gloves and a bad candy cane tape job years before Kessel ever did it.

What was I thinking lmao @ me. The jersey is an XXL by the way and the same size as the CCM XL practice jersey. I'm not wearing any equipment under it in the photo. I remember wearing a Reebok practice jersey a friend lent me one time as I needed a white jersey and forgot mine, it was also an XL and fit like an XXL.

Hey, you look good to me!

I decided to get the kelly green socks to go with the kelly green jersey... as you say, this is tradition, and even if I could wear the white socks later, I can remember these as my first hockey socks ever. I'm such a girl.

Oh and yeah, I'm definitely happy I went with the medium. I really don't want a hockey dress! Thanks so much again for your help!

Old
02-24-2010, 10:45 AM
rinkrat22

My daughter is 5'4" about 110lbs. she wears an adult med in jersey. she likes it a little big but still fits her well. she's 12.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote