HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Canadiens @ Bruins l Gm.5 l Habs 5-1 l B's Lead 3-2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2004, 09:34 PM
  #1
Drury77
Registered User
 
Drury77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Clarksville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
GDT: Canadiens @ Bruins l Gm.5 l 04/15/04 l NESN/ESPN2

1st RD. STANLEY CUP Playoffs -- -- GM. 5




VS



Montreal Canadiens



vs.


Boston Bruins







Bruins Lead 3-1 (ESPN)






Montreal Canadiens 2003-2004 Complete Schedule/Results


Boston Bruins 2003-2004 Complete Schedule/Results


__________________________________________________



REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

Canadiens: 41-30-7-4, 93 points. (23-13-4-1 at home)
*4th Place in Northeast Division, 7th Place in Eastern Conference.*
vs.
Bruins: 41-19-15-7, 104 points. (23-7-6-5 on the road)
*1st Place in NorthEast Division, 2nd Place in Eastern Conference.*





REGULAR SEASON SERIES

Bruins lead 3-2-1
Oct. 28: Boston 2 @t Montreal 0
Oct. 30: Montreal 1 @t Boston 0
Dec. 16: Montreal 1 @t Boston 1
Jan. 31: Boston 1 @t Montreal 0
Feb. 26: Montreal 3 @t Boston 2


__________________________________________________



@ The Fleet Center l Boston, MA


Thursday, April 15th, 2004, 7:00 pm ET.
TV: NESN/ESPN2



__________________________________________________


GAME 1: MON 0, @ BOS 3
Recap | Box Score

GAME 2: MON 1, @ BOS 2 - OT
Recap | Box Score

GAME 3: BOS 2 @ MON 3
Recap | Box Score

GAME 4: BOS 4, @ MON 3 - 2OT
Recap | Box Score

*GAME 5: MON , @ BOS
4/15, ESPN2, 7:00 PM

*GAME 6: BOS @ MON
4/17, TBD

*GAME 7: MON , @ BOS
4/19, 7:00 PM


* - if necessary
All times Eastern

__________________________________________________




Live Score!



__________________________________________________



IMPORTANT GAMEDAY LINKS!!

*Live Game Audio
*ESPN LIVE Scoreboard
*Live NHL Scoreboard
*Live General Sports Scoreboard
*Yahoo Montreal Page
*Yahoo Bruins Page
*Sportsline Montreal Page
*Sportsline Bruins Page
*Yahoo NHL Photo Gallery
*Sportsline NHL Photo Gallery





(***Please note that some links will only work on GAME DAY***)



Drury77 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 06:08 PM
  #2
creative giant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,536
vCash: 500
Nice job with the Canadian anthem Bruins fans.

creative giant* is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 06:09 PM
  #3
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
HAHAHAHA!!

Standing Ovation for the Canadian National Anthem in Boston!

:lol

Good one ya Boston!

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 06:30 PM
  #4
xevious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Awesome job Bostonians..but I expected nothing less.

xevious is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 07:13 PM
  #5
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Fortified City
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
2-0 Habs.

Perreault with the first goal, Kovalev with the second (it's his what.. 4th in the last three games?).

Still in the second period.

Histrion is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 07:47 PM
  #6
Karl Pilkington
Registered User
 
Karl Pilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Its about time Boston gets a penalty.... hollly.. they've been clutching, grabbing, elbowing... the only thing the refs seem to call are stick infractions.. so you can do anything you want to a player (ie: Thorton elbow on Markov x 3... another one tonight) as long as you don't use your stick.. .. anyway the refs finally picked up the blatant one(s) on Thorton.

But, another 2 goal lead for the habs..... lets hold on to this one.. one minute at a time.

Karl Pilkington is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 07:50 PM
  #7
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,462
vCash: 500
I think there is a bit of boy who cried wolf going on here, the Habs are diving and screaming all over the place...

Reign Nateo is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 07:51 PM
  #8
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
You're lucky Malakov didn't get a called for Unsportsman like conduct when Thorton hit him.

I'm really tired of the diving in this series.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 07:59 PM
  #9
Mackee
Registered User
 
Mackee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
You're lucky Markov didn't get a called for Unsportsman like conduct when Thorton hit him.

I'm really tired of the diving in this series.
Hmmm I guess he just ran into Thornton's glove then...

Mackee is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 07:59 PM
  #10
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,167
vCash: 500
Zednik!

Uber Coca is online now  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:22 PM
  #11
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
Hmmm I guess he just ran into Thornton's glove then...
It's called common sense. Use it.

I wasn't saying Thorton didn't hit him.

It was his reaction afterwards. It was embellished. It was obvious. And even the announcers picked up on it and said he should have been called for it.

Your team has embarassed themselves in this series. Don't take it out on people like that are just saying the obvious. You could come back and win the series and I'd still have no respect for Montreal.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:22 PM
  #12
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,664
vCash: 50
well Bruins, Pred Nation feels your pain tonight...live to fight another day...

jstreet is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:25 PM
  #13
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,462
vCash: 500
Markov fell as if someone shot him. He knew Thornton was going to hit him, and he dropped from a punch that 98% of the time he and every one else in the NHL would have absorbed.

Reign Nateo is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:30 PM
  #14
Knucklez
Registered User
 
Knucklez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Behind the bench!
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Markov fell as if someone shot him. He knew Thornton was going to hit him, and he dropped from a punch that 98% of the time he and every one else in the NHL would have absorbed.
Exactly. And he writhes on the ice for like 2 minutes (exageration). I could read Joe's lips as he went to the box, yelling at Markov to get up, hahaha.

Knucklez is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:39 PM
  #15
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,167
vCash: 500
Good, every Habs that get hit and lays on the ice are faking. Sure everyone could absorb a Joe Thornton's punch in the face, sure, sure... Markov is known as a big faker, it was the third time that Thornton knocked him out.
Anyway, great win by the habs.

Uber Coca is online now  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:48 PM
  #16
Skiblitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montréal
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
I hate to say it, but congratulations to the Habs...see ya Saturday in Montréal for the final game

Skiblitz is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:50 PM
  #17
HabsBaby18*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brossard
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
You could come back and win the series and I'd still have no respect for Montreal.
And we would still not give a damn if you give respect or not to our team.

HabsBaby18* is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:54 PM
  #18
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiblitz
I hate to say it, but congratulations to the Habs...see ya Saturday in Montréal for the final game
Class post. See ya on Saturday

Uber Coca is online now  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:55 PM
  #19
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,745
vCash: 500
Not one to preach over-reaction and panic (and even so, why would anyone listen? ). But if I'm Mike Sullivan, I don't sleep well tonight.

- Habs have been the better team the last three games.

-Theodore had his best game tonight, and he was bound to have better play left in him, as this series went on.

-Though scored late, after the outcome was determined, Habs PP got going with 2 goals.

- B's could not deliver the knockout punch. It may turn out to have been their best chance.

(Of course, your's truly picked the Habs in 7 at the outset.)

Trottier is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:00 PM
  #20
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Markov fell as if someone shot him. He knew Thornton was going to hit him, and he dropped from a punch that 98% of the time he and every one else in the NHL would have absorbed.
I'm not trying to defend some of the wussy acts a couple of the habs players have performed over the past few games but, Joe Thornton is huge and Markov was bleeding so i don't think it was to much of an exaggeration by Markov, it desearved a call no the less.

eddy is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:12 PM
  #21
BruinsGirl
Registered User
 
BruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bruinsville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Not one to preach over-reaction and panic (and even so, why would anyone listen? ). But if I'm Mike Sullivan, I don't sleep well tonight.

- Habs have been the better team the last three games.

-Theodore had his best game tonight, and he was bound to have better play left in him, as this series went on.

-Though scored late, after the outcome was determined, Habs PP got going with 2 goals.

- B's could not deliver the knockout punch. It may turn out to have been their best chance.

(Of course, your's truly picked the Habs in 7 at the outset.)

Did you watch this game???

Game was way closer than score indicates... B's played typical Thursday's game in Fleet. We have seen worse believe me.

I don't want to try to minimize Habs play. Theodore played terrific game, seriously congrats to him on finding his game.

It was as many bad breaks for the B's too.

Goal #2 was scored when off-side. 1 goal on 5-on-3 and another on 5-on-4 right after that. Thorntons stick got stuck between ref in a board so he couldn't stop Zednik.

Raycroft wasn't very sharp but he has ability to rebound in a big way.

B's need to regroup and forget this game (except for the lessons they should've learned from it). If they are good team they should be able to overcome adversity and they've shown us it many times this year.

Sullivan should sleep well to be able to make a new game plan and good decisions on Saturday.

I don't see us loosing 3 games in a row.

I feel bad for the fans who witnessed this game and 6 shutouts at home this year.

Congrats to Canadiens on showing character and resilience!

BruinsGirl is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:37 PM
  #22
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
And we would still not give a damn if you give respect or not to our team.
Sure. And a very whitty response by you.

However, if the Flyers board I post at is any indication, then I am far from alone in this opinion. There's about 8 or 9 threads in the last few days blasting players on your team for diving and what not.
And while you can easily dismiss that and say you don't care what Flyers fans think, do you really think the same isn't happening on other team sites?

Do you not care what announcers say? Don't act like I'm the only one with this opinion.

Maybe you just don't care what anyone thinks? But then, why are you posting on an internet forum? Because you think we care?

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:42 PM
  #23
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Sure. And a very whitty response by you.

However, if the Flyers board I post at is any indication, then I am far from alone in this opinion. There's about 8 or 9 threads in the last few days blasting players on your team for diving and what not.
And while you can easily dismiss that and say you don't care what Flyers fans think, do you really think the same isn't happening on other team sites?

Do you not care what announcers say? Don't act like I'm the only one with this opinion.

Maybe you just don't care what anyone thinks? But then, why are you posting on an internet forum? Because you think we care?
buddy do you really think we give a damn about what you and others like you think?
geesh dont give yourself credit, you dont have to care what i think or what he thinks, and its not like im not going to cheer for my team becuase some of them have made some brutal errors.
you can keep your respect for yourself!

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:50 PM
  #24
Liquidrage*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
buddy do you really think we give a damn about what you and others like you think?
geesh dont give yourself credit, you dont have to care what i think or what he thinks, and its not like im not going to cheer for my team becuase some of them have made some brutal errors.
you can keep your respect for yourself!

Right. I'm sure you loved watching players on your team embarass themselves, your team, and the league. But you don't care. It's just people like me that think that. Just you know, people. Like me.

And please note, I didn't say you should turn in your Habs-fanclub membership card. Why you said that, I have no idea, but it didn't fit with anything that was said prior. What they did wasn't the most horrible thing ever so don't go melodramatic on me either.

Liquidrage* is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:57 PM
  #25
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
I'm not trying to defend some of the wussy acts a couple of the habs players have performed over the past few games but, Joe Thornton is huge and Markov was bleeding so i don't think it was to much of an exaggeration by Markov, it desearved a call no the less.
I didn't see any blood. I thought Thornton got 2 for goalie interference and 2 for punching for Markov?

blah is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.