HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Canadiens @ Bruins l Gm.5 l Habs 5-1 l B's Lead 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 10:04 PM
BruinsGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
I didn't see any blood. I thought Thornton got 2 for goalie interference and 2 for punching for Markov?
Penalty was well deserved but over-reaction...?

Lapointe has been croschecked to the face by Yanic, Samsonov has been hit pretty hard on many occasions. 18 years old Bergeron was limping off the ice in a huge amount of pain. Donato finished his shift in game #2 playing with broken ankle.

Nylander spent some time on the ice after being hit by Begin 3 games ago but he also missed the next game.

Yea...it's sure easier for B's players to take pain.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:07 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Right. I'm sure you loved watching players on your team embarass themselves, your team, and the league. But you don't care. It's just people like me that think that. Just you know, people. Like me.

And please note, I didn't say you should turn in your Habs-fanclub membership card. Why you said that, I have no idea, but it didn't fit with anything that was said prior. What they did wasn't the most horrible thing ever so don't go melodramatic on me either.
hey i dont care if the whole world is against us i still dont change my allegence, nor do i care, we dont flip flop teams here i dont know how it is in tallahasse but we a devoted fans we dont care what you think or any others, we draw our own conclusions! thats why i dont care what you think or what who you say thinks, do you understand?
i mean its not easy wittnessing some of the stuff we have seen our players did.
so try to understand that ok? im not trying to look for an argument im just telling you i dont give a rats a$$ if you or any others dont have respect for my favoret team.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:12 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Right. I'm sure you loved watching players on your team embarass themselves, your team, and the league. But you don't care. It's just people like me that think that. Just you know, people. Like me.

And please note, I didn't say you should turn in your Habs-fanclub membership card. Why you said that, I have no idea, but it didn't fit with anything that was said prior. What they did wasn't the most horrible thing ever so don't go melodramatic on me either.
I don't see why you have such a big deal with the diving. Up till this game, none of it had even helped the Canadiens. Ribeiro's "show" should have motivated the Bruins, yet they were still outplayed in game 4. Kovalev's antic led to the winning goal. The Bruins should be cheering it, and they should have made sure to capitalize on it. Yet they were slightly outplayed tonight. Markov may have embellished it, but did Thornton not deserve a penalty for that? It wasn't a facewash, it was a punch.

Its funny how you are only able to focus on those incidents. I don't hate the Canucks because of the Bertuzzi incident, or May trash-talking to Aebischer after scoring even though the Canucks were losing. Why can't you see how well the team has played in the series, and, being the underdogs, how much heart they have shown game-in and game-out?

Old
04-15-2004, 10:16 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Penalty was well deserved but over-reaction...?

Lapointe has been croschecked to the face by Yanic, Samsonov has been hit pretty hard on many occasions. 18 years old Bergeron was limping off the ice in a huge amount of pain. Donato finished his shift in game #2 playing with broken ankle.

Nylander spent some time on the ice after being hit by Begin 3 games ago but he also missed the next game.

Yea...it's sure easier for B's players to take pain.
bruins girl i ussualy like your posts and your a classy person i can tell, but have you ever been cresschecked in the back of the head with the shaft of a stick? have you ever been sucker punched by a 6-5 230+ guy with his gloves on?

just so everyone knows zednik is one tough guy he doesnt dive, that area where he got hit is where theres a bone/cartl.. at the back of the head and it REALLY REALLY hurts when you get hit there, trust me i know its one of the more painfull areas.
as for the markov one he got hit by a guy pushing him away from the goalie who thornton just interfered with, he wasnt expecting a sucker punch, and when you dont expect a sucker punch by a guy as big as thornton, you end up very very woosey, i bet you he was seeing stars when he was laying on the ice.
anyways i love markov his style is great but he has a problem of leaving him self volnrable too often, thats why he gets hurt.
i lost alote of respect for ribs for doing what he did, but the others i dont.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Karl Pilkington

I hate also how since Ribeiro went down everyone on the habs roster has become a diver. Ron McLean was very cynical towards the Canadiens tonight, claiming Zed dove on the cross check to the head (he wouldnt give it up..!).

I knew that Ribeiro would become a tagged man when he went down and got up... but I didn't realize everyone would tag the whole team too... every time a hab player went down tonight it was labeled a dive.... give me a break..

Old
04-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Everyone needs to calm down on this. This can be discussed without having a cow over it. Everyone please chilll out and remember I'm sure there will be enough other things to biatch about later in the series.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman
I don't see why you have such a big deal with the diving. Up till this game, none of it had even helped the Canadiens.
Why would I care who it helps? I can't stand either team.

It's the actions I have a problem with.

Quote:
Its funny how you are only able to focus on those incidents. I don't hate the Canucks because of the Bertuzzi incident, or May trash-talking to Aebischer after scoring even though the Canucks were losing. Why can't you see how well the team has played in the series, and, being the underdogs, how much heart they have shown game-in and game-out?
It's not funny. There's a very obvious reason for it.
Bertuzzi is gone for the year. If he were with the Canucks still, you bet a lot of people would be rooting against them just because of that. And May trash talking is nothing like faking an injury.

While Ribeiro and Kovalev and Markov are still with the Canadians. And yes JoseTheo, Zednick's looked like a dive tonight too.
And really, because it's a few guys in some very highlighted instancesI don't have a problem with saying I don't respect the team right now. Obviously, I'm not saying Souray is a diver. But you got more then your fair of players that have done things that aren't right.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:35 PM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
I hate also how since Ribeiro went down everyone on the habs roster has become a diver. Ron McLean was very cynical towards the Canadiens tonight, claiming Zed dove on the cross check to the head (he wouldnt give it up..!).

I knew that Ribeiro would become a tagged man when he went down and got up... but I didn't realize everyone would tag the whole team too... every time a hab player went down tonight it was labeled a dive.... give me a break..
nope not every player..one had a legit injury and went to the bench...the rest you cant argue with because they were out on the very next shift with no pain after rolling on the ice like they need a stretcher...

also looks like Kovo had no problem gripping his stick when he scored his goal...What a fast recovery :lol

Old
04-15-2004, 10:35 PM
3B

I will give Jason Ward credit. He took a hard hit and appeared to be hurt but rather than make snow angels he managed to take himself off the ice. I hope he's able to be back for the next game.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Legend06

Quote:
Sure. And a very whitty response by you.

However, if the Flyers board I post at is any indication, then I am far from alone in this opinion. There's about 8 or 9 threads in the last few days blasting players on your team for diving and what not.
And while you can easily dismiss that and say you don't care what Flyers fans think, do you really think the same isn't happening on other team sites?

Do you not care what announcers say? Don't act like I'm the only one with this opinion.

Maybe you just don't care what anyone thinks? But then, why are you posting on an internet forum? Because you think we care?
I let your first post go about markov embelishing the sucker punch by thorton.......but you just to have it in for the habs.....Is it really diving if you get punched in the face when you aren't expecting it (although you do have that big ape Thorton out there who is a little hot under the collar)....and the anouncer calling zednik getting hit in the head diving.......what really is going on here is an over reaction to Ribeiro's acting job/pinched nerve.......Just admit it the B's play a tough sometimes cheap game but they play it well....funny enough that no one has said that Begin, Quintal, or Ward(t'night) injured themselves or are over reacting.....It's the playoffs, you may get hurt on a play and stay in the game.....I'm just frustrated by the blatant one sidedness of your comments.....I know, I know Markov should have gotten a penalty for not dodging thortons glove....

Old
04-15-2004, 10:42 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
As a Hab fan seeing Ribs' incident was pretty gross, but if he's an idiot what the hell is Joe Thornton. He can be a good player, but what was he thinking out there? He runs Theodore, and instead of leaving the play punches Markov? And later gets an elbow up on Brisebois? He looked clueless. It's a shame cause he can play so much better, but right now Koivu is skating circles around him, and I have to say Ribeiro has even been more effective -- and this is coming from a guy who isn't a huge Ribeiro fan.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend06
I let your first post go about markov embelishing the sucker punch by thorton......
Because he did.

Quote:
Is it really diving if you get punched in the face when you aren't expecting it (although you do have that big ape Thorton out there who is a little hot under the collar)....and the anouncer calling zednik getting hit in the head diving.......
No, it's pretending to be hurt worse then you are to get a call. Thorton's punch just made Malakov all weak in the knees huh? And then it was so hard he had to roll over a few times with his mouth open gasping from the pain.

Quote:
what really is going on here is an over reaction to Ribeiro's acting job/pinched nerve.......
And Kovalevs. And Malakovs. And...
See where we're going.

Quote:
Just admit it the B's play a tough sometimes cheap game but they play it well....
I don't really think they play it that well to be honest. I'm rather hoping we play them next Round and not the winner of the Leafs/Sens (no offense Bruins fans).

Quote:
funny enough that no one has said that Begin, Quintal, or Ward(t'night) injured themselves or are over reacting.....
What? Are you implying that one cannot make a determination as to which instances have players embelishing injuries and which ones are legit injuries?
That's absurd.

Quote:
It's the playoffs, you may get hurt on a play and stay in the game
Or you might take a light slash, drop the puck as you embellish the pain, head towards the bench, knock your own defenseman off the puck and then blame it on the defensman after the game.

Quote:
.....I'm just frustrated by the blatant one sidedness of your comments.....
Thats fine. I just don't know of any comparable actions by the Bruins in this series. Nor do I see the same things happening to other teams in other series. Trust, if there was one team I'd love for this be it would be the Devils, not the Canadians.

Quote:
I know, I know Markov should have gotten a penalty for not dodging thortons glove....
Nah. Just he shouldn't have tried to make it look worse then it really was.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Le Golie

Somebody check Liquid Rage's blood pressure.

If he seriously gets this worked up about diving I wonder how he feels about paying taxes, the war in Iraq and seal clubbing.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:05 PM
HF-Addict

Just remove your ****ing biased googles...you are pissing me off.

Are you gonna cry each time a player fall on the ice. That hit by Thornton was unpredictable, Markov was doing a routine move to protect Théo. Zednik got crosschecked near the ear, neck, btw Habs were on the powerplay and he could have really well put it in. So There goes your embellishing theory. He aren't gonna screw a PP opportunity if he isn't feeling the pain. Tells me the sucker punch by Thornton wasn't warranted a penalty so that I can laugh at you.

You know what, players aren't on pain killers every game, they do feel the hits they get, They feel the punch they get in the face. Sometimes, only a nerve twisted can give insane pain for a few seconds.Hell, how many of you never twisted a nerve in the toe. And you can't move ur toe, cause it's hurting damn too much. (or with the elbow, that little spot that gives u electric shock and makes ur arm all wuzzy) or any others parts of your body.

I don't give a **** about what everyone think, because obviously, you guys are watching the game, sitting on your couch and you obviously can't feel the pain players go tru. (Neither can I). That's just some bs speculation. Hell, men can't even know the pain women go tru when they are giving birth.

On a side note, the hits are obviously not the same by habs and Bruins, just think about Joe charging the head of every habs he can get. (sucker-punch, elbow) Talk about cheap dirty play, sometimes legal (Shoulder going for the head on Markov in the previous game), but still, players going for the head are dirty and really cheap. It hurts you know...

btw, malakhov is playing for the Flyers. If you wanna just bash the Habs without even watching the game, try to get their names right.

Good night. Such BS TALK. Habs won an awsome victory and that's the bs you guys can come with. kudos. :lol

Old
04-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
They're all just pissed because they are all jealous of our 24 stanley cups. If they don't sleep at night because they only think of Ribeiro's injury then all the best for us.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Habsfunk

Liquid Rage, its Markov, not Malakov. But nice Don Cherry impersonation.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Mackee

Quote:

I agree that Ribeiro, and even Kovalev deserve the flak they've gotten. But after that, I too fail to understand this whole generalization. Zednik gets a cross-check to the back of the neck but that's a dive. I still don't think he embellished since I've been hit there in similar fashion and it isn't exactly a walk in the park. After watching it again, Markov did stay down a smidge, but again he took a gloved punch to the face. Apparently, this means that 23 players are nothing but classless, diving punks. Apart from the Ribeiro and Kovalev acts, this has been a great series.

To top it off, people are singling out the idiots that defend Ribeiro and Kovalev's acts (not to mention the booing of the American national anthem which has disgusted me and most of my fellow Hab fans to no end) and blaming it on all of us which to me isn't right. This same minority of Hab fans has booed Koivu as well and anyone else who's gone three or more games without being a factor in any given game. Gainey has to come out and say something cause these people are not only giving the rest of us a bad rap, they're giving us as a city a bad rap.

As for Ron MacLean, I've accepted the blue/white Leaf goggles he wears, but he's stepped over the line as far as I'm concerned. Constantly going out of his way to bash the Habs at every turn. Disgusting. I'm loving Cherry compared to MacLean. At least Cherry gives some good analysis when he sticks to hockey.

[/end rant]

Last edited by Mackee: 04-15-2004 at 11:30 PM.
Old
04-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Did you watch this game???

I hope that was asked in jest. Didn't suggest tonight was domination. Did suggest that the Habs have found their mo-jo over the last three games.

Game was way closer than score indicates... B's played typical Thursday's game in Fleet. We have seen worse believe me.

I'll take your word on the Thursday night thing. I'm just looking at this game, at this time, and this series.

I don't want to try to minimize Habs play. Theodore played terrific game, seriously congrats to him on finding his game.

It was as many bad breaks for the B's too. Goal #2 was scored when off-side. 1 goal on 5-on-3 and another on 5-on-4 right after that. Thorntons stick got stuck between ref in a board so he couldn't stop Zednik.

Such is life (not being sarcastic here).

Raycroft wasn't very sharp but he has ability to rebound in a big way.

I'm sure he does.

B's need to regroup and forget this game (except for the lessons they should've learned from it). If they are good team they should be able to overcome adversity and they've shown us it many times this year.

True and true.

Sullivan should sleep well to be able to make a new game plan and good decisions on Saturday.

My comment about sleeping was metaphorical. Perhaps I should have made my comments from the Habs POV - they have a lot to hang their hat on at the moment.

I don't see us loosing 3 games in a row.

That's one way to look at it, but the cliche about "one at a time" applies. B's need to win the next game. If there is a game seven, its a toss-up, and as you stated about tonight and can be stated about virtually every NHL game, a break here or there is often the difference. The idea that any team isn;t going to lose 3 in a row looks a lot more logical when there are three chances left to win. Now there are two....

I feel bad for the fans who witnessed this game and 6 shutouts at home this year.

I don't, considering your team lost only eight(?!) games all season on the road! That is an amzing stat. I'm jealous.

Congrats to Canadiens on showing character and resilience!

They did play a superb game tonight. One could have seen them easily fall to pieces after the B's won on Tuesday.

Two very good teams, an entertaining series.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:37 PM
mmmBeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
You know what, players aren't on pain killers every game, they do feel the hits they get, They feel the punch they get in the face. Sometimes, only a nerve twisted can give insane pain for a few seconds.Hell, how many of you never twisted a nerve in the toe. And you can't move ur toe, cause it's hurting damn too much. (or with the elbow, that little spot that gives u electric shock and makes ur arm all wuzzy) or any others parts of your body.
Maybe if just one Canadien who lay on the ice for five minutes subsequently missed just one shift I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. I gave Zednik the benefit of the doubt at the time, I thought he was really injured. Then seconds later he's perfectly okay. Stupid me.

I know sometimes things hurt; things hurt in real life and not just in professional hockey. But I've seen twelve year olds deal with pain better than a quarter of the Canadiens.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Legend06

Quote:
Because he did.

No, it's pretending to be hurt worse then you are to get a call. Thorton's punch just made Malakov all weak in the knees huh? And then it was so hard he had to roll over a few times with his mouth open gasping from the pain.

And Kovalevs. And Malakovs. And...
See where we're going.

I don't really think they play it that well to be honest. I'm rather hoping we play them next Round and not the winner of the Leafs/Sens (no offense Bruins fans).

What? Are you implying that one cannot make a determination as to which instances have players embelishing injuries and which ones are legit injuries?
That's absurd.

Or you might take a light slash, drop the puck as you embellish the pain, head towards the bench, knock your own defenseman off the puck and then blame it on the defensman after the game.

Thats fine. I just don't know of any comparable actions by the Bruins in this series. Nor do I see the same things happening to other teams in other series. Trust, if there was one team I'd love for this be it would be the Devils, not the Canadians.

Nah. Just he shouldn't have tried to make it look worse then it really was.

Let's just agree to disagree...I know I'm not going to convince you of anything and you aren't going to convince me of anything.........my only question is about the Malakhov comment? Or is that a typo? Lastly if Kovy was faking it really made no sense....as it won you the game........

Old
04-16-2004, 01:19 AM
SuperUnknown

Let's add some fire on it all... From a Habs fan: Markov's a diver...

He often goes down and stays down when hit (not really fake, but close), then comes back the next shift. He's been doing this since the start of his career. I don't like it but it's not worse than that Tucker guy in Toronto.

Also, other than that Markov's a good player and he doesn't shy away from physical contact.

On Zednik though, I don't think he's a diver or faker, so if he stayed down a bit it's probably because it was the neck and he wasn't sure everything was still in place.

Old
04-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
On Zednik though, I don't think he's a diver or faker, so if he stayed down a bit it's probably because it was the neck and he wasn't sure everything was still in place.
Ron McLean disagrees with you ADAMENTLY... he wouldn't shut up about it last night..

Old
04-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Netro

I can't believe how much focus in these discussions are being placed on diving. Unreal. People, diving or embellishing has been a part of the game for years, and I don't expect it to change. And players on teams other than the Montreal Canadiens do it as well. And this is not going to change in the years to come, so get used to it. I don't like it but it is unfortunately a part of the game. Sometimes the gamble pays off (Ribs got a whistle) and sometimes it doesn't (Kovalev incident). One thing I will say is that if it appears that the Hab players are diving or embellishing more, then it is probably due to a lack of discipline by B's. Can't embellish without an infraction to begin with.

Now, back to the game and the series. My thoughts on Game 5:
(1) While the Habs played well, this game was nowhere near their performance in games 3/4 and probably even game 2. I was rather worried about their play in the first 8-10 minutes last night and even though they had the lead, they needed to play better, which they did

(2) Theodore - Nice of him to show up last night. Hope he has a couple more performances like that left in this series cause it will bode well for the Habs

(3) Raycroft - I still thought he played well. Besides the first goal, I don't think he had a chance on any of the other goals. And even on the first goal, Perreault split the D nicely and was in close. I expect him to bounce back big next game. I think whoever scores the first goal in game 6 will have a big advantage

(4) Komisarek - Filled in greatly for Quintal.

(5) Souray - I know Souray got some points but to me, defensively, he looked asleep for the first half of the game. Maybe it is me, but his decision making at times in the series has been questionable, with poorly timed pinches. Plus, on the OT winner in game 4, what was he doing on the offensive side of Kovalev? Sure, Kovalev made a brutal play, but Souray was out of position.

(6) Breaks - The Habs finally got some breaks last night whereas in games 2-4 all the breaks appeared to go the way of the Bruins (esp game 4). Breaks are a huge part of the game and hopefully will continue to go the Habs way

(7) Joe Thortnon - I don't know what got in to him last night. Frustration obviously. I thought he played great in game 4 and after Raycroft was the best B despite not getting any points. If he doesn't smarten up, he is going to hurt his team more than help them.

(8) Samsonov - Man, does he put vaseline on his uniform before the game because he is so elusive and great with the puck. Imagine if he had some more size.

(9) Bruins D - The Habs have certainly figured out the weakness of the B's team, the blueline and continue to exploit it with their speed and forechecking. This is what the Habs need to continue to do.

(10) Bruins size - This has not been as big a factor as I thought it would be in the series. The B's need to take more advantage of their size in game 6.

The Bell Centre should be rockin' in game 6, it will be a great game in what has been an entertaining series and if the Habs can win, anything can happen in a game 7. And for those going to the game, please follow the great example set in Boston last night and either remain silent or applaud the American anthem

Old
04-16-2004, 12:24 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Ron McLean disagrees with you ADAMENTLY... he wouldn't shut up about it last night..
Good thing about it is that we don't share the same brain. Thus, I can have my own opinion.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:24 PM
SuperUnknown

Deleted... (Double post... argh!)

Closed Thread