HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WSH 4 MTL 3: Tough loss

Old
11-29-2009, 09:04 AM
MTL-rules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Damn.......

Had those two points! Montreal outplayed Washington in the 2nd and third. Deserved the W!

Price is amazing.....

Where are those Price bashers calling for Halak to be the starter?
That's the kind of stupid comments I can't take anymore...

How the **** calling for Halak to be the starter when Price was struggling and Halak was playing well is bashing Price?

Only in the eyes of Price's teen lovers.

I'm extremely happy Price is playing well, but let's wait until the end of the year to make a decision about trading Halak... oops, I can't believe I wrote that, I must be a Price basher

As for the game, Price made some key saves, sometimes the numbers of shots on goal are misleading. I believe he was much more important in that game than in the first games of the season, when people thought "he stole these games".

The 2nd goal was maybe suspecious, but he made solid saves when it was important and against the best goal scorer in the league.

I just saw the TOI of Cammy and Plekky... this is rediculous, we need some top 6 forwards back ASAP. How the hell can a forward perform all night while playing 26min ?

Great game overall for the Mtl Bulldogs, should have won that one. Garbage call by the referees, espacially considering they let go a ton of holding and obstruction calls from the Caps.

...oh yeah, and you know this team has a lot of injuries when you have Wyman and Chipchura in the lineup... Chipchura is in his last breath with this team, you can see it. Giving him PP time... that's JM telling BG : "You see how bad this guy is... I'll show you, look... can't even play well on the PP... really just look!!!"

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Anyone else creamed their pants when Pacioretty almost went end to end.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
i dont understand how some people are mad at Price... he probably let 1 bad goal but who cares he made so many sick saves...

Anyway i thought we were used to the one softie a night after those Theodore/Aebischer years

its been a while price let one soft in...

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
I think Pricey needs a break. From not watching the game last night, I can deduce that he should sit a game.

But seriously, I think he's being overused, which is why he's been faltering. Give Halak some starts, and keep both goalies on edge.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
Anyone else creamed their pants when Pacioretty almost went end to end.
"came" close

also when he had that slick deke to come out in front of the net with the falling backhand shot towards the net.... the kid is getting better by the day

RE: Price - If by faltering you mean playing superbly then yeah, maybe he needs a break. I think he will get one either way soon to keep Jaro limber and to rest (not that he shows signs of needing it...NO sarcasm there).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:08 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Yeah I don't know who it was that had the puck, but Cammelleri was open about 10 feet away and probably could've taken a decent shot at the empty net, but the D-man tried a weakass clearing attempt up the middle of the ice that was easily picked up by a capital at the blueline. That's the play that really stuck out to me. The Mara penalty was pretty bogus too, and essentially cost us the game.

I totally remember that and that was THE moment that cost us the game if you discount the Pleky faceoff. When it didn't go out I was thinking "fuuuuuuuu I've seen this before", and it was after 15 minutes of solid, get the puck out hockey.

Old
11-29-2009, 11:10 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
I think Pricey needs a break. From not watching the game last night, I can deduce that he should sit a game.

But seriously, I think he's being overused, which is why he's been faltering. Give Halak some starts, and keep both goalies on edge.
Halak does need a little work, but guys like Brodeur and Turco have been playing 70 games a season their whole career, I get the feeling that Price as he continues to mature, will also be like that...granted, the two Marty's do not play in a pressure cooker of a city like Price...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:17 AM
alexstream

re - Price :

yes, it would be right now that we could use Halak. 8 straight start is a lot, even for Brodeur and Luongo...
Say they play 70 per season, it leaves 12 games to their backup.
82 games / 12 = 6.83
i.e. theorically, every 6-7 games a great starter needs to rest.

--------
Totally different topic ...
Anyone else noticed that Fehr's goal happened with 12 seconds to go... and when the game went back after the whistle, there was still something like 20 seconds left??
I noticed it this morning while watching the highlights on Canadiens.com
anyone can explain what happened?

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:21 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
re - Price :

yes, it would be right now that we could use Halak. 8 straight start is a lot, even for Brodeur and Luongo...
Say they play 70 per season, it leaves 12 games to their backup.
82 games / 12 = 6.83
i.e. theorically, every 6-7 games a great starter needs to rest.

--------
Totally different topic ...
Anyone else noticed that Fehr's goal happened with 12 seconds to go... and when the game went back after the whistle, there was still something like 20 seconds left??
I noticed it this morning while watching the highlights on Canadiens.com
anyone can explain what happened?
For some reason we have the internet, space travel, insanely powerful computers and nanotechnology, but we cannot master the NHL stopwatch. It's just too hard. Leads to 3 minute pauses during games cuz they cannot figure out how to put the right penalty minutes on the jumbotron. It will forever be the worlds greatest feat., right ahead of time travel, ironically linked.

Old
11-29-2009, 11:27 AM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
For some reason we have the internet, space travel, insanely powerful computers and nanotechnology, but we cannot master the NHL stopwatch. It's just too hard. Leads to 3 minute pauses during games cuz they cannot figure out how to put the right penalty minutes on the jumbotron. It will forever be the worlds greatest feat., right ahead of time travel, ironically linked.
ok, so they corrected the remaining seconds after the break... but... didn't correct Fehr's goal time...
so it was really scored with 12 seconds to go (but really 20 something)...

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:39 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
ok, so they corrected the remaining seconds after the break... but... didn't correct Fehr's goal time...
so it was really scored with 12 seconds to go (but really 20 something)...
If what you are saying did happen they would have changed the time of the goal because you cant have a subsequent penalty look like it happend before the goal on the score sheet.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:43 AM
nnynetpotato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I can't disagree with you....I dunno what 82 games solve that 70 games couldn't.
Balance sheet ink colors.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:46 AM
habspinner

Anyone want to hazard to guess as to why Spacek wasn't on the ice in these last 13 seconds? Is it because we got a penalty, and that is who we had on the ice at the moment? I can't remember the rule on that one.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

miss the game just saw the highlight, we should have win this game. With Markov,Gomez,Gionta and AK we can compete with any team

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:52 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
miss the game just saw the highlight, we should have win this game. With Markov,Gomez,Gionta and AK we can compete with any team
Great to see the AHL on a Saturday Night, White and Pyatt and Sergei are playing like they belong.

OV against Carey was an epic confrontation! Tie was a fair result. Those are two incredible athletes. And did Cammer and the Hammer play the whole third period or it just looked that way?

And Josh G would look good with the C. They shoulda listened to him when they were setting up for that last face off.

I'll take 3 of 4 from the Caps right now but they worked so hard for that extra point.

Big let down but very proud of this team. No excuses, no quit, no surrender.

Those guys on the injured list are going to have to fight for their jobs back which can only be a good thing!

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Not really.

We might be able to win a regular season game against any team but over the long haul we aren't close to some of these other clubs. The Penguins would smoke us in four and the Caps would beat us too. Those teams have legit superstars... we don't.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 02:53 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Not really.

We might be able to win a regular season game against any team but over the long haul we aren't close to some of these other clubs. The Penguins would smoke us in four and the Caps would beat us too. Those teams have legit superstars... we don't.
Playoffs are a funny thing... Look at the 02 Hurricanes, 03 Ducks, 06 Oilers... By no means did these teams have what many would call a competitive team, yet they all made the finals.

On the opposite spectrum of your argument, San Jose has had these superstars you elude to and yet they have never done anything in playoffs.

I fail to see how you are so confident the Pens would crush us in four and the Caps would beat us too, yes on paper they are better.. Paper don't mean anything. It all comes down to preperation, determination and luck. Obviously skill is a factor, but we do have quite a bit of that as well.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Playoffs are a funny thing... Look at the 02 Hurricanes, 03 Ducks, 06 Oilers... By no means did these teams have what many would call a competitive team, yet they all made the finals.

On the opposite spectrum of your argument, San Jose has had these superstars you elude to and yet they have never done anything in playoffs.

I fail to see how you are so confident the Pens would crush us in four and the Caps would beat us too, yes on paper they are better.. Paper don't mean anything. It all comes down to preperation, determination and luck. Obviously skill is a factor, but we do have quite a bit of that as well.
We might be able to win in an upset series over one of those clubs but we'd never win a cup with the club we have. Carey Price would really have to channel Roy and Dryden for it to happen.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnynetpotato View Post
Balance sheet ink colors.
we have a winner!!!

11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
We might be able to win in an upset series over one of those clubs but we'd never win a cup with the club we have. Carey Price would really have to channel Roy and Dryden for it to happen.
I can't see why you are so negative. Markov is our star, Cammalleri is a 30-40g scorer and Plekanec is awesome. Add a solid Hamrlik-Spacek second pairing our healthy roster is solid. We have a lot of heart player that could surprise in the playoffs too.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:12 PM
RE-HABS

The way the team has managed to get 8 points out of the last 12 shows some good character and if they can continue to do so I think the Habs will be in great shape when Gionta, Gomez, Markov, Gill and AK all comeback healthy.

The team could surprise, they seem to be gelling and the goalies are both playing well this season.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:38 PM
TankEller*

Always been a Plekanec supporter, always will be, and I'm 100% behind him, but even if he scored a goal last night, he definately didn't play as good as he can. Sometimes this happens, I don't blame him, he's probably our MVP with Cammy so far this year. But people here should stop saying he was unreal, I think he'd be the first to admit he's had an average game.

As for people saying "WHERE ARE THE ONES WHO WANTED PACIORETTY BACK DOWN?", well, here I am, and I still think he could benefit from getting big minutes in Hamilton.

The kid is going to be either great or good for us in the long run... I think he has bigger chances to turn out a great player for us for many years if he learns some more things in the AHL. A couple of secondary assists and missed dekes isn't going to change my mind.

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorites prospects and I do beleive in his potential, but some people are overhyping him way too much in here, it reminds me how much people were overhyping Higgins a couple of years ago.

Let him grow, don't label him the second coming of Jesus, PLEASE.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:42 PM
TankEller*

Oh, let me add something:

Spacek bashers are clueless. The guy has been playing off-wing all season so far, and still managed to put up decent numbers and to play great defensive hockey. His first pass is great.

He adds a lot to our d-core, he's a clever guy, he knows the sport VERY well. When Markov returns, Hamrlik-Spacek could really well be the best 2nd pairing in the NHL... or at least be in the 5 best ones.

Old
11-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Always been a Plekanec supporter, always will be, and I'm 100% behind him, but even if he scored a goal last night, he definately didn't play as good as he can. Sometimes this happens, I don't blame him, he's probably our MVP with Cammy so far this year. But people here should stop saying he was unreal, I think he'd be the first to admit he's had an average game.

As for people saying "WHERE ARE THE ONES WHO WANTED PACIORETTY BACK DOWN?", well, here I am, and I still think he could benefit from getting big minutes in Hamilton.

The kid is going to be either great or good for us in the long run... I think he has bigger chances to turn out a great player for us for many years if he learns some more things in the AHL. A couple of secondary assists and missed dekes isn't going to change my mind.

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorites prospects and I do beleive in his potential, but some people are overhyping him way too much in here, it reminds me how much people were overhyping Higgins a couple of years ago.

Let him grow, don't label him the second coming of Jesus, PLEASE.
Do you think Pacioretty is playing poorly in the NHL? I think he's holding his own and getting better from week to week. Why have him play against weaker competition? He has to learn to beat NHL forwards and Dmen, and he won't find them in Hamilton.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Do you think Pacioretty is playing poorly in the NHL? I think he's holding his own and getting better from week to week. Why have him play against weaker competition? He has to learn to beat NHL forwards and Dmen, and he won't find them in Hamilton.
In the AHL, he could get the tools to become a player he won't be if he keeps playing up there.

His speed is at an NHL-level. The rest... I'm not that sure.

I'd like to see him destroy the opposition. I'd like to see him learn to dominate a shift, to dictate the pace of the game. For once, I'd like to see one of our 1st rounders become more than a Higgins type of player (good in everything, great in nothing).

Pacioretty right now looks like a deluxe grinder. However, keeping him to send Sergei down was dumb. Just watch Sergei play, and you'll see how he "has it" in the offensive zone... He has the instincts of a great offensive player. We badly needed secondary scoring at one point, and Sergei could've been more useful than Pacioretty at this point.

Pacioretty has been playing better lately, but all those "WHERE ARE YOU HATERS????!!!" quotes have got to stop. The kid hasn't burned anything, he's been playing good hockey, and as far as I know, nobody is a Pacioretty hater here... We just want the best for the kid... and for the team.