HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall Highlights (Oil Lose)

Old
11-28-2009, 11:48 PM
McEwen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
I know how we all feel about Mike Milbury however at the first period intermission he did make some good points. This is a good time for the organization to find out who the rats are and find a way to get them off the team. Lets face it guys, this season is lost and player evaluations will really begin to take shape. The guys who aren't willing to put the effort in will be found out and I for one am happy this process will begin.
This team has had years to do this. What makes you think they would start now?

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:49 PM
frag2

Quote:
I know how we all feel about Mike Milbury however at the first period intermission he did make some good points. This is a good time for the organization to find out who the rats are and find a way to get them off the team. Lets face it guys, this season is lost and player evaluations will really begin to take shape. The guys who aren't willing to put the effort in will be found out and I for one am happy this process will begin.
To the Canucks fans, real classy the lineup you faced is one of the worst in the league, enjoy the ticker tape parade tonight. Remember what goes around will come around.
Comes back to the sense of entitlement. The whole "meh, we're losing, going to lose anyway and what the heck, I'm still getting paid" attitude is definitely going through a bunch of our players' mind. Just a matter of identifying who.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:49 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
44 and 24 should not be paired together, 44 and 77 are a better pairing, they were last year at least. Put 71 and 5 together then 43 and 24 together until Chorney can return then put him with Staios.

that was a very long game.
I agree with that. Play 43 and 24 as little as possible. Play the top 4 D around 25 minutes a game, and that bottom pairing 10 minutes. I would treat them like rookies.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Oilers1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
Horc and Sully were Casper's tonight. We need secondary scoring, you two!

inb4 Sully fan replying, "Did you watch the game tonight? He created a lot of chances".
O'Sullivan = Rem Murray

Oilers1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LuLuBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I wonder if the anti-Hemsky posters still think that the team is better without Hemsky.
I think the team has more of a team conscience without Hemsky. I don't think that they don't miss him. But they play a better team game, less solo play.

LuLuBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb View Post
Haha it's raining in vancouver. No wonder David Duchovny couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Raincouver. Suck it canuck fans!!

Posted via Mobile Device
It can also snow in Raincouver. We got delayed on a flight to Los Angeles last December because of the snow.

hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Really? Not saying he isn't "integral" to this team but I swear I've seen this type of result even when we had him in the lineup.

Lowe ****ed this team over big time with his fetish for smurf players. Now, we're just reaping the "benefits"
Lowe's fingerprints are all over this team and the guy should just resign already. Flame me all you want, I really don't care, the apathy for me has set in and I hope they can trade the few assets they have to begin a rebuild.
Trade the rats and let the kids play, maybe at least we can see guys who give a crap.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:51 PM
frag2

Quote:
I wonder if the anti-Hemsky posters still think that the team is better without Hemsky.
I'm not "really" anti-Hemsky, I even have a crested jersey with his name on it. Is it really hard to realize that this team, with or without him, will frequently play like ****?

Old
11-28-2009, 11:52 PM
LuLuBelle

Quote:
Comes back to the sense of entitlement. The whole "meh, we're losing, going to lose anyway and what the heck, I'm still getting paid" attitude is definitely going through a bunch of our players' mind. Just a matter of identifying who.
It looked to me like the players put in a solid effort. Even after they were down 5-1, they didn't give up and kept working hard. I don't know how you can not see it.

Old
11-28-2009, 11:52 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1 View Post
O'Sullivan = Rem Murray

Better one

Moreau= Homer Simpson Doh

oilersfan11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
I'm not "really" anti-Hemsky, I even have a crested jersey with his name on it. Is it really hard to realize that this team, with or without him, will frequently play like ****?
Last couple games Brule has been more effective than Hemsky usually is.

Hemsky missing sure isn't the reason we lost this game.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by McEwen View Post
What good would that do? This organization would trade it.
It wouldn't matter who the Oilers draft. They'd be bashed for the pick anyways. We're seeing that with Gagner.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
I'm not really anti-Hemsky either but in the last two game GF has been a slight problem, GA has been an abomination, the same problem when Hemsky was in the lineup.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
frag2

Quote:
Lowe's fingerprints are all over this team and the guy should just resign already. Flame me all you want, I really don't care, the apathy for me has set in and I hope they can trade the few assets they have to begin a rebuild.
Trade the rats and let the kids play, maybe at least we can see guys who give a crap.
+1. In the past, I've always stuck up for Lowe but this just sucks. It begins and ends with Lowe.

Cue Narnia and here copy-and-paste template of people ranting on Lowe, he's not GM, blah blah BS. He f'd the team over big time and now, every game will be David vs Goliath...except David in this world always loses. Guess who's David.

Old
11-28-2009, 11:54 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Exactly and this is a good time to find who they are and find a change of address for them. Don't get me wrong, I hate what has happened to this team however I hope this signals a new beginning. It is up to management to decide how they go about this.

Old
11-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Cogliano13Gagner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1 View Post
O'Sullivan = Rem Murray
Not even close. Murray brought us to the Stanley Cup Finals, O'Sullivan can't even get us to the playoffs.

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Oilerfan_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogliano13Gagner89 View Post
He wouldn't have made a difference tonight, yess I know.

We'll talk again in a month and you tell me how much we need him in the lineup.
How would I be able to tell the difference between the record the oilers have in a month from now, and the record they would have had if Hemsky played?

Maybe it will be better, maybe it will be worse.

As a season ticket holder, I enjoy watching games more when Hemsky isn't part of the team. 75% of nights, he does something that makes me embarrassed to be an Oiler fan (He seems to show a real acceptance towards losing).

Hemsky isn't a consistent difference maker. If I had to make an estimate, I would say that over the rest of the season, Hemsky being in the line-up would only have a 5 point maximum difference either way in the standings, from where we will finish.

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Brightspot-Brule

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LuLuBelle

That's ridiculous. I didn't see a single player out there tonight playing with a sense of entitlement.

I know everyone is frustrated that this team can't win right now, but there's no basis to say that about these players.

Old
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Last couple games Brule has been more effective than Hemsky usually is.

Hemsky missing sure isn't the reason we lost this game.
Brule has been awesome, that line along with Penner has the making of good line for the rest of the season. These two have been dynamite for me, fun to watch and they compete every shift.

Old
11-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Shizuka

When it all sucks this much, a PGT title like that made me laugh. Nice work ChokeonOil

Ok...so...was there anything good? Brule and Penner continue to show some good chemistry. The fourth line worked hard and continued to hit (nice goal by McDonald, started by Stortini's big hit on Hordichuk).

The bad? Uh...where to begin. I believe Souray and Staios were on for another couple of ES goals, with Souray standing still and Staios deflecting one into his own net. To be fair, Deslauriers was pathetic. I really don't think it's in him to be a starter. Just sad. Dubnyk didn't look much better. Moreau continues to live up to his big, dumb, mule stereotype. GET RID OF HIM . The line of O'Sullivan, Horcoff, Jacques, was really bad minus Jacques' hitting. We are stuck with the albatross contract of Horcoff, but I would be thrilled if we divested ourselves of the O'Sullivan experiment. Alot of seeming involvement without much result. The team lost *alot* of puck battles. Worse yet is I found myself quietly agreeing with the chants of "Oilers suck!" from the Vancouver fans. Pretty sad watching.

Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:57 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
Tough to be a fan of this.
Agreed, even though it's probably better for long term success to tank this season, it's always tough to see our favorite team lose games and have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the season especially considering that it's only November. Oh well, if there is a bright spot, teams like Minnesota, Anaheim and Toronto have been winning lately so the Dive for Five looks solid.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:58 PM
nullterm

Quote:
Depends on the return.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Oilerfan_55

Quote:
Brule has been awesome, that line along with Penner has the making of good line for the rest of the season. These two have been dynamite for me, fun to watch and they compete every shift.
Brule = 10% less skill than Hemsky, 90% more give-a-crap than Hemsky.

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:00 AM
McEwen

Quote:
Exactly and this is a good time to find who they are and find a change of address for them. Don't get me wrong, I hate what has happened to this team however I hope this signals a new beginning. It is up to management to decide how they go about this.
Management won't do anything. I hate to say it but we know nothing will happen.

If something does it will be a minor move and lateral at best. They will just look at the numbers. "This team is five points out. We just need to get on a solid role. We have been crushed by injuries and illness. This team can pull it off. Blah blah blah."

We can even continue losing games like this all season, become sellers at the deadline, and screw up the rebuild like we did when we traded Smyth and gave an OS to Penner.

Until Lowe is gone, Katz cleans house and puts Tambo in the choke hold, this organization will continue to be a biggest laughing stock.

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote