HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Taylor Hall Highlights (Oil Lose)

Old
11-29-2009, 12:00 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Last couple games Brule has been more effective than Hemsky usually is.

Hemsky missing sure isn't the reason we lost this game.
Yeah exactly..... Hemsky can't play in goal or defense so the result would have been similar even if he played.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:01 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuBelle View Post
That's ridiculous. I didn't see a single player out there tonight playing with a sense of entitlement.

I know everyone is frustrated that this team can't win right now, but there's no basis to say that about these players.
It is overblown however you will see guys who aren't willing to put the effort in as the losses pile up. One guy who really sticks out for me, not for entitlement more for frustration, Souray, I get the feeling he will be gone by the trade deadline. He is an asset and who can blame him, I doubt he signed for this crap.

Last edited by hmminvisiblecola1279: 11-29-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: grammar
hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
It wouldn't matter who the Oilers draft. They'd be bashed for the pick anyways. We're seeing that with Gagner.
Perhaps Gagner's play has something to do with that.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quinn looks flabbergasted again. Like he has no answers. I hope his health is well.

You cannot coach this team like a normal team. There has to be risks and hope they payoff. The vets on this team just aren't going to carry the load.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
17 points in 25 games is bad?

I guess he could be Turris.

Putting up less points.

In the AHL.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuBelle View Post
It looked to me like the players put in a solid effort. Even after they were down 5-1, they didn't give up and kept working hard. I don't know how you can not see it.
To me it looked like they were still having an orgasm over getting a point from San Jose, and were no where near ready to play when the game started.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oilerfan_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by McEwen View Post
Management won't do anything. I hate to say it but we know nothing will happen.

If something does it will be a minor move and lateral at best. They will just look at the numbers. "This team is five points out. We just need to get on a solid role. We have been crushed by injuries and illness. This team can pull it off. Blah blah blah."

We can even continue losing games like this all season, become sellers at the deadline, and screw up the rebuild like we did when we traded Smyth and gave an OS to Penner.

Until Lowe is gone, Katz cleans house and puts Tambo in the choke hold, this organization will continue to be a biggest laughing stock.
In terms of clearing house with players, My impression is that Katz would be the top guy preventing that... I have a bad feeling of Katz putting the pressure on this offseason to trade our pick for a "superstar".....

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Brule can play better, and that's a scary thought.

Other than that, bad night by the defense and goaltending.

This team has issues with the defense. That's 3 years now and 2 different coaches handling the defense. Huddy couldn't do it, and now Renney's having massive problems too.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:04 AM
LuLuBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
To me it looked like they were still having an orgasm over getting a point from San Jose, and were no where near ready to play when the game started.
The first couple of shifts were good, then Penner took a stupid penalty and things went downhill pretty quickly.

LuLuBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cogliano13Gagner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerfan_55 View Post
In terms of clearing house with players, My impression is that Katz would be the top guy preventing that... I have a bad feeling of Katz putting the pressure on this offseason to trade our pick for a "superstar".....
And by superstar are we talking Kovalchuk and Ovechkin talent or more along the lines of Marian Hossa or Dany Heatley?

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BloatedGuppy

I realize you guys are frustrated and tired of losing, but the Oilers didn't look like a team that wasn't trying tonight. They look tired, having played the night before. And Deslauriers, being a career backup playing a long string of games as starter, was deep in his net and gave up some questionable goals, which can be demoralizing. In spite of this, the Oilers still carried the flow of play for long stretches of the game and repeatedly tried to battle back despite the lopsided score.

Your team has been absolutely pummeled by injuries and illness, you've just lost your best offensive player for the season, and despite your terrible slump you're still within shouting distance of a playoff spot. I understand that moral victories are probably not very palatable at this juncture and you'd really rather just see some results, but there's no reason to put the knives to the team after tonight's game. The score was not representative of their effort.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McEwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerfan_55 View Post
Same here. But by cleaning house I meant everyone in office. He needs to do what Gainey did in Montreal when he took over.

For the players, dear gawd do what you can.

Hemsky, Penner, Gagner, Brule, Souray, Visnovsky, Smid and Grebeshkov are my only untouchables.

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:05 AM
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
Gagner is playing with that "fear" that Quinn talks about. Gagner looks like Neo before he learned how to use the matrix. His thought process has to be quicker and his actions have to be more deliberate.

Old
11-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
+1. In the past, I've always stuck up for Lowe but this just sucks. It begins and ends with Lowe.

Cue Narnia and here copy-and-paste template of people ranting on Lowe, he's not GM, blah blah BS. He f'd the team over big time and now, every game will be David vs Goliath...except David in this world always loses. Guess who's David.
Quoted for truth.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyah83 View Post
Quinn looks flabbergasted again. Like he has no answers. I hope his health is well.

You cannot coach this team like a normal team. There has to be risks and hope they payoff. The vets on this team just aren't going to carry the load.
Perhaps Quinn has never coached a team decimated by injury as much as the Oilers have been in 27 games.

Oilerfan_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogliano13Gagner89 View Post
And by superstar are we talking Kovalchuk and Ovechkin talent or more along the lines of Marian Hossa or Dany Heatley?
No idea..... I just get frustrated when it appears to me that Katz is too involved with the running of the team. Its like he has a mentality that all we need to do is get that one good player, and we will go back to burning crap on 82nd avenue instantly....

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post

This team has issues with the defense. That's 3 years now and 2 different coaches handling the defense. Huddy couldn't do it, and now Renney's having massive problems too.
Maybe they just don't listen

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Gagner is playing with that "fear" that Quinn talks about. Gagner looks like Neo before he learned how to use the matrix. His thought process has to be quicker and his actions have to be more deliberate.
Gagner is the least of our problems. He's a 20 year old putting up respectable points. The problem is the team, and the fans, expect him to be doing more than a 5'10 20 year old usually does. The Kane's of the league are the vast, vast, minority and people need to wake up and see that.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Management won't do anything. I hate to say it but we know nothing will happen.

If something does it will be a minor move and lateral at best. They will just look at the numbers. "This team is five points out. We just need to get on a solid role. We have been crushed by injuries and illness. This team can pull it off. Blah blah blah."

We can even continue losing games like this all season, become sellers at the deadline, and screw up the rebuild like we did when we traded Smyth and gave an OS to Penner.

Until Lowe is gone, Katz cleans house and puts Tambo in the choke hold, this organization will continue to be a biggest laughing stock.
It will be interesting for sure. To me, this is an opportunity for the Oilers to evaluate the players they have and begin a long process. It will take time, decide which assets they have they can trade for the future(Staios, Souray, Visnovsky,) and which can ones they can unload for scrap( just throwing these names out there, Moreau hehe).

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post

I thought Huddy was getting good results with the mismatched defense that we have. He milked the offense out of it. Getting the defensive part out of it is going to be a long slow process, unless we can find that hammer.

Old
11-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
I realize you guys are frustrated and tired of losing, but the Oilers didn't look like a team that wasn't trying tonight. They look tired, having played the night before. And Deslauriers, being a career backup playing a long string of games as starter, was deep in his net and gave up some questionable goals, which can be demoralizing. In spite of this, the Oilers still carried the flow of play for long stretches of the game and repeatedly tried to battle back despite the lopsided score.

Your team has been absolutely pummeled by injuries and illness, you've just lost your best offensive player for the season, and despite your terrible slump you're still within shouting distance of a playoff spot. I understand that moral victories are probably not very palatable at this juncture and you'd really rather just see some results, but there's no reason to put the knives to the team after tonight's game. The score was not representative of their effort.
What all of us here saw was a team that was staggered by a punch and was wandering around dazed and DESPERATELY needed a time out call to get settled.

Almost anybody here recognize a Time out was essential in the first period.

Or a goalie pull

Neither happened.

Get the troops settled a little and it could have been a different game.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:09 AM
One Trick Pony*

Quote:
Same here. But by cleaning house I meant everyone in office. He needs to do what Gainey did in Montreal when he took over.

For the players, dear gawd do what you can.

Hemsky, Penner, Gagner, Brule, Souray, Visnovsky, Smid and Grebeshkov are my only untouchables.
I would look to trade/ let go of both by next season.

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:10 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Maybe they just don't listen
Or maybe they're just not good

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
frag2

Quote:
Just wait till game 62, he'll figure it out...always does at that time

In all seriousness, he needs to bulk up...FAST. He's way too small, period. Hell, teh whole team is midget compared to San Jose last night and tonight, no difference. Unless our smurfs can adapt their game to use their size to their advantage [ie. St. Louis or Datsyuk], we're going to be perennial 9-12, mid round draft'rs

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
The no-Hemsky era of the season is now underway. And it sucks.
Reminds me of the "No-Smyth era" so many fans had boners for...

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote