HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall Highlights (Oil Lose)

Old
11-29-2009, 12:11 AM
McEwen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
I would look to trade/ let go of both by next season.
I still have hope for Grebs. At least to be a 30+ point player with around +5 or so rating. He just needs to find that game again.

As for Souray, I love his leadership and we need him for that.

The other player I forgot to say: JFJ

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:11 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsun View Post
Gagner is the least of our problems. He's a 20 year old putting up respectable points. The problem is the team, and the fans, expect him to be doing more than a 5'10 20 year old usually does. The Kane's of the league are the vast, vast, minority and people need to wake up and see that.
He's not 5'10

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
You guys can't fairly bang on DD tonight. Young guy who's still learning, and its his first NHL start. I think he's a guy that's developing quite well actually. From last years pre-season camp from what I saw today is night and day. I feel like his reaction time to shots was a bit slow, but he's moving around quite well for his size, and he covers a lot of net. He impressed me today.

JDD, is a bit older, still leaning the NHL game, but he has to play better than that. I keep getting the impression from him that he's a less flexible Garon? Has up and down games, and looks small in the net (for a big guy). His bad habits where exposed today.

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oilerfan_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
What all of us here saw was a team that was staggered by a punch and was wandering around dazed and DESPERATELY needed a time out call to get settled.

Almost anybody here recognize a Time out was essential in the first period.

Or a goalie pull

Neither happened.

Get the troops settled a little and it could have been a different game.
That's what I was thinking.... When you are down 2-0 and 3-0 early in the first, you shouldn't exactly be thinking you need to save that timeout to draw up a play late in a tie game....

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cogliano13Gagner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by McEwen View Post
Same here. But by cleaning house I meant everyone in office. He needs to do what Gainey did in Montreal when he took over.

For the players, dear gawd do what you can.

Hemsky, Penner, Gagner, Brule, Souray, Visnovsky, Smid and Grebeshkov are my only untouchables.
But the only reason Gainey was able to pull that off was because all his players were UFA's. Plus as bad as our management has been, we have been better than the Habs.

Over the past year's Gainey has let all these players go for absolutely nothing.

Souray
Kovalev
Komisarek
Ryder
Streit
Koivu

And let's not forget that he traded away Mike Ribiero for Janne Niiniimaa

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
He's not 5'10
Fine, 5'3, the point is the same.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
What all of us here saw was a team that was staggered by a punch and was wandering around dazed and DESPERATELY needed a time out call to get settled.

Or a goalie pull

Neither happened.

Absolutely, and Replacement I was disappointed by Quinn not calling a time out. The team was not prepared, not saying it was the difference maker however I was puzzled why he did not at least call a time out.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:13 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Oh ya.

JDD is ****ing awful.

He should start as many games as possible this year to ensure the team doesn't win many games it shouldn't.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shizuka

Quote:

Or a goalie pull

Neither happened.

Right...so, in essence they were looking for leadership. Where the hell is it within that lineup to help show the way? It can't just be the coaches telling these guys -- they need to execute. Being tired is one thing, but it didn't look like that on a number of goals...guys were standing around with their feet in cement, not checking guys, not choking off lanes, not playing with their heads in the game.

Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
I realize you guys are frustrated and tired of losing, but the Oilers didn't look like a team that wasn't trying tonight. They look tired, having played the night before. And Deslauriers, being a career backup playing a long string of games as starter, was deep in his net and gave up some questionable goals, which can be demoralizing. In spite of this, the Oilers still carried the flow of play for long stretches of the game and repeatedly tried to battle back despite the lopsided score.

Your team has been absolutely pummeled by injuries and illness, you've just lost your best offensive player for the season, and despite your terrible slump you're still within shouting distance of a playoff spot. I understand that moral victories are probably not very palatable at this juncture and you'd really rather just see some results, but there's no reason to put the knives to the team after tonight's game. The score was not representative of their effort.

I agree that the Oilers showed a good deal of effort and played well for stretches in the second and third but i think that was more a product of Vancouver having a huge lead and sitting back similar to The Oilers-Coyotes game the other night when Phoenix took it to the Oilers after being down 4-0

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:14 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
You guys can't fairly bang on DD tonight. Young guy who's still learning, and its his first NHL start. I think he's a guy that's developing quite well actually. From last years pre-season camp from what I saw today is night and day. I feel like his reaction time to shots was a bit slow, but he's moving around quite well for his size, and he covers a lot of net. He impressed me today.

JDD, is a bit older, still leaning the NHL game, but he has to play better than that. I keep getting the impression from him that he's a less flexible Garon? Has up and down games, and looks small in the net (for a big guy). His bad habits where exposed today.
They've been exposed for a while. Problems handling the puck, weak blocker side, and way too deep in the net.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Oilerfan_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Oh ya.

JDD is ****ing awful.

He should start as many games as possible this year to ensure the team doesn't win many games it shouldn't.
He is definitely getting exposed now that teams have seen him a bit more.... Ideally he would be able to spend some time going over video and working on this stuff in practice... Unfortunately he is going to just keep getting thrown into the fire until Bulin is back....

Old
11-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Does anyone think that MacTavish ruined this team? I do. It's hard to get rid of those MacT habits. MacT should have been fired 3 years ago. He was fired 3 years too late and now we're seeing what happens when a coach ruins players.

Last edited by Narnia: 11-29-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:17 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
According to Tencer Nilsson and Stone will be back for Thursday .

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Oilerfan_55

Can anybody sum up Quinn's post game comments?

Old
11-29-2009, 12:18 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post

I agree Patch and I noticed how Delauriers does not make himself big in the net. Really don't know what to think of these two, goals were easy to come by in the top corners of the net.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
Right...so, in essence they were looking for leadership. Where the hell is it within that lineup to help show the way? It can't just be the coaches telling these guys -- they need to execute. Being tired is one thing, but it didn't look like that on a number of goals...guys were standing around with their feet in cement, not checking guys, not choking off lanes, not playing with their heads in the game.
The team was staggered. You could see it if you replay the first 10mins. They were literally shocked after the bang bang goals and its one of the problems coaching this club is you have to do that kind of babysitting.

Quinn himself knows this is a very fragile club and they get rattled easily. The first period was just ugly. A timeout or an earlier goalie pull.

Its textbook case of when you would do either.

If you wait for this club to get off the canvas when they get running around good luck.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Willy Lindstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Part?
Horcoff is the other part.

Willy Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I wonder if the anti-Hemsky posters still think that the team is better without Hemsky.
I don't know if there are any anti-Hemsky posters but this team sucked with him in the lineup as well. They just didn't suck quite as bad.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Cogliano13Gagner89

Quote:
Does anyone think that MacTAvish ruined this team? I do. It's hard to get rid of those MacT habits. MacT should have been fired 3 years ago. He was fired 3 years too late and now we're seeing what happens when a coach ruins players.
So MacT should have been fired after he was one game away from winning the Cup?

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerfan_55 View Post
He is definitely getting exposed now that teams have seen him a bit more.... Ideally he would be able to spend some time going over video and working on this stuff in practice... Unfortunately he is going to just keep getting thrown into the fire until Bulin is back....
I'm wondering when this will be. Is he even practising yet?

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:20 AM
battlegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
According to Tencer Nilsson and Stone will be back for Thursday .
NOOOO

PLEASE NO

battlegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:20 AM
mcote97

As the millions and MILLIONNNS of fans chanted our name.... Oilers Suck, Oilers Suck, Oilers Suck... I was there live tonight, despite the first period being one of the worst ever and I mean eeeever played the rest of the game was quite great, and hats off to the two hot blondes with big ol'boobies making out below section 327 in the 3rd period! Sure gave me something to cheer about!

mcote97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Shizuka

Quote:
Does anyone think that MacTAvish ruined this team? I do. It's hard to get rid of those MacT habits. MacT should have been fired 3 years ago. He was fired 3 years too late and now we're seeing what happens when a coach ruins players.
You must be kidding, right? Alright, MacT's tired old message wore on the players and they tuned him out. The entire coaching staff was cleaned out, with one inexplicable holdover being the exception. There was a brand new strategy, a new look and fresh eyes that brought in a different style of play. For the first 9 games, it worked well. Then the injury bug hit...but in conjunction with that, the players themselves stopped executing. Don't make silly excuses like this.

Last edited by Shizuka: 11-29-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Willy Lindstrom

If I understand correctly, the Oilers basically had to keep JDD at the start of the season or risk losing him on waivers if they tried to send him down.

Methinks that risk is one I'd be willing to take now.
Maybe DD gets a shot now, and JDD goes down when Khabby's healthy

Willy Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote