HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall Highlights (Oil Lose)

Old
11-29-2009, 01:22 AM
McEwen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Does anyone think that MacTAvish ruined this team? I do. It's hard to get rid of those MacT habits. MacT should have been fired 3 years ago. He was fired 3 years too late and now we're seeing what happens when a coach ruins players.
I wanted MacT gone before he even started his first game.
You never hire your friends. Especially when they are not qualified!

I do not remember who was available then as I was only 12 but I never like MacT as a player and knew I would never like him as a coach.

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bishop12
Ovyously

Kinda of a goofy comparison, but the best thing that ever happened to the San Antonio Spurs was having David Robinson miss the entire season with injury and they got the 1st overall pick in Tim Duncan.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
I agree Patch and I noticed how Delauriers does not make himself big in the net. Really don't know what to think of these two, goals were easy to come by in the top corners of the net.
People aren't seriously questioning Dubnyk are they? The kid got thrown in to a messy game tonight and did quite well for his very first NHL regular season game. The one shot was a screen and he had a piece of that first goal but other than that, I thought he did ok. What do people expect of these guys? Miracles? Seriously...people are really over-rating our players from top to bottom these days. It's mindboggling.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cogliano13Gagner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcote97 View Post
As the millions and MILLIONNNS of fans chanted our name.... Oilers Suck, Oilers Suck, Oilers Suck... I was there live tonight, despite the first period being one of the worst ever and I mean eeeever played the rest of the game was quite great, and hats off to the two hot blondes with big ol'boobies making out below section 327 in the 3rd period! Sure gave me something to cheer about!
haha nicee.

Were they Oiler Fans?

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlegoon View Post
NOOOO

PLEASE NO

Yup It looks like Grebs and Comrie are out until Late December/Early January.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
Quote:
Does anyone think that MacTAvish ruined this team? I do. It's hard to get rid of those MacT habits. MacT should have been fired 3 years ago. He was fired 3 years too late and now we're seeing what happens when a coach ruins players.
Read what you just wrote, carefully. Get back to me when the light comes on, that is all.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:23 AM
battlegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Lindstrom View Post
If I understand correctly, the Oilers basically had to keep JDD at the start of the season or risk losing him on waivers if they tried to send him down.

Methinks that risk is one I'd be willing to take now.
Maybe DD gets a shot now, and JDD goes down when Khabby's healthy
I would rather have Devan playing in the AHL then being a backup in the NHL to be honest

battlegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oilerfan_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
You must be kidding, right? Alright, MacT's tired old message wore on the players and they tuned him out. The entire coaching staff was cleaned out, with out inexplicable holdover being the exception. There was a brand new strategy, a new look and fresh eyes that brought in a different style of play. For the first 9 games, it worked well. Then the injury bug hit...but in conjunction with that, the players themselves stopped executing. Don't make silly excuses like this.
I'm not so sure it was as much of the new strategy working well, or the fact we had a ridiculously high shooting % to start the year, that is impossible to maintain... The team in the first 9 games consistently got out-shot and out-worked, but just scored lots to over-compensate...

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
You must be kidding, right? Alright, MacT's tired old message wore on the players and they tuned him out. The entire coaching staff was cleaned out, with out inexplicable holdover being the exception. There was a brand new strategy, a new look and fresh eyes that brought in a different style of play. For the first 9 games, it worked well. Then the injury bug hit...but in conjunction with that, the players themselves stopped executing. Don't make silly excuses like this.
Go easy on her...excuses are her game.
Its all she has.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gusher

Quote:
Ummm, Penner just called, he wants you to be quiet.

Old
11-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Shizuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The team was staggered. You could see it if you replay the first 10mins. They were literally shocked after the bang bang goals and its one of the problems coaching this club is you have to do that kind of babysitting.

Quinn himself knows this is a very fragile club and they get rattled easily. The first period was just ugly. A timeout or an earlier goalie pull.

Its textbook case of when you would do either.

If you wait for this club to get off the canvas when they get running around good luck.
Does that not speak to the alleged leadership on the ice as well, then? It's endemic to that room, as you point out with the fragile collective ego. I don't think we're in disagreement here. A timeout certainly was warranted. But just once it would have been nice to see one of the guys looked upon for on ice leadership show some of it, whether it's a good sustained forecheck and cycle in the zone, a big hit, a scoring chance generated...something to counter the tidal wave attack from Vancouver tonight.

Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Just ftr and because nobody detected it this was a very sarcastic remark by me in the game thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement
If only we had Nilsson back..
I thought some people here might know my opinion on Nilsson.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:26 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusher View Post
People aren't seriously questioning Dubnyk are they? The kid got thrown in to a messy game tonight and did quite well for his very first NHL regular season game. The one shot was a screen and he had a piece of that first goal but other than that, I thought he did ok. What do people expect of these guys? Miracles? Seriously...people are really over-rating our players from top to bottom these days. It's mindboggling.
I agree, when the team in front of you plays like crap and consistently leaves you by yourself to make a save, How do you evaluate the goaltender?

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:26 AM
McEwen

Quote:
No I wouldn't take this as a joke.

How many players returned after 06? 10? Somewhere around that number I believe. They all bought into the system MacT had in playoffs and went right back to their old ***t.

Same thing here. Bought into the Quinn system, and go back to playing like *.

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Does that not speak to the alleged leadership on the ice as well, then? It's endemic to that room, as you point out with the fragile collective ego. I don't think we're in disagreement here. A timeout certainly was warranted. But just once it would have been nice to see one of the guys looked upon for on ice leadership show some of it, whether it's a good sustained forecheck and cycle in the zone, a big hit, a scoring chance generated...something to counter the tidal wave attack from Vancouver tonight.
There is no leadership on the ice. This is a team that requires babysitting.

Its why MacT got grey in a hurry here.

Yes, we agree.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Gusher

Quote:
I would rather have Devan playing in the AHL then being a backup in the NHL to be honest
I agree. Getting more playing time would definitely help Dubnyk mature as a goalie. The guy is only 23 years old. No need to rush him this season. Just for the record, I think Dubnyk is a better prospect than Deslauriers and Dubnyk is 2 years younger.

Old
11-29-2009, 01:28 AM
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team

Quote:
NOOOO

PLEASE NO
I lol'd.

ChokeOnOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:28 AM
frag2

Quote:
Actually, I don't think fans are hard on DD. I believe we're actually pleasantly surprised considering his "abysmal" preseason but that's just me. JDD on the other hand....

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:29 AM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsun View Post
17 points in 25 games is bad?

I guess he could be Turris.

Putting up less points.

In the AHL.
Turris is bombing so far and Gagner is underwhelming playing soft opposition.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
I agree, when the team in front of you plays like crap and consistently leaves you by yourself to make a save, How do you evaluate the goaltender?
Agreed. It's frustrating when people will criticize a goalie after a game like this just simply for something to criticize. Dubnyk did fine while JDD had a very tough start but the team definitely didn't help him either.

Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Ummm, Penner just called, he wants you to be quiet.
I'm talking about players that played for MacTavish for most of their careers like Moreau, Horcoff, Staios. Penner and Smid are most likely happy that MacT is gone.

Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
Turris is bombing so far and Gagner is underwhelming playing soft opposition.
He's 20. Like the vast, vast majority of 20 year old's, they play soft opposition.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
What all of us here saw was a team that was staggered by a punch and was wandering around dazed and DESPERATELY needed a time out call to get settled.

Almost anybody here recognize a Time out was essential in the first period.

Or a goalie pull

Neither happened.

Get the troops settled a little and it could have been a different game.
If that is what everone in here saw, they sure aren't iterating it through their posts. All I can see here is trade this and that player, dive for 5, etc...etc... I thought there was some bright spots to the Oilers tonight, minus Horky, Sully, Souray, Staios, JFJ, Gilbert, Gags...ahhhh, OK...I'll agree with everyone else here....go Penner and Brule!!

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Actually, I don't think fans are hard on DD. I believe we're actually pleasantly surprised considering his "abysmal" preseason but that's just me. JDD on the other hand....
Phew, that's a positive then. I may have mis-read something I guess.

Old
Shizuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by McEwen View Post
No I wouldn't take this as a joke.

How many players returned after 06? 10? Somewhere around that number I believe. They all bought into the system MacT had in playoffs and went right back to their old ***t.

Same thing here. Bought into the Quinn system, and go back to playing like *.
Yup. Quinn has already said that there are guys in there that think they know better, understand how to counter the opposition on their own and thus do not follow the game plan nor execute as they've been taught. He has also talked about the fragile collective (and I am sure in some cases, individual) psyche of the team as pointed out by Replacement.

So the question remains -- when is Tambellini going to do something about this? Parlay some of those duds into some sort of useful asset for the future.

Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote