HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Coyotes "Sandstorm Sale"

Old
11-23-2009, 01:38 PM
AnalogMan

vCash: 500
Coyotes "Sandstorm Sale"

No need to wait until Friday. Season-ticket holders were provided a link to access the sale starting today. Load up NOW! Even the Detroit game is available! Here's the link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/o57e5f

Last edited by AnalogMan: 11-23-2009 at 04:40 PM.
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:52 PM

If they could find a way to waive the TM fees maybe by calling the team directly, I'd be in for 6 total tickets to 3 games. I've been meaning to pickup 3 pairs of tickets for some weekend games to take my nephews to. I didn't take them at all last season, and the season before that they each got to about 5 games each when I was a STH. Is this a better deal than what RR was getting us?

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If they could find a way to waive the TM fees maybe by calling the team directly, I'd be in for 6 total tickets to 3 games. I've been meaning to pickup 3 pairs of tickets for some weekend games to take my nephews to. I didn't take them at all last season, and the season before that they each got to about 5 games each when I was a STH. Is this a better deal than what RR was getting us?
Yes this is a better deal, even with the stupid ticketmaster fees.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:19 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Yes, yes, yes! $10 a ticket better! Glass seats and the 4 Center Ice sections are the only ones not included in this deal. Best I can do downstairs is $31.25 in the ends. Even with the fees these tickets are only $30.40, and you can get blueline to corners.

Old
11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You should be able to get those by calling the box office directly. Their fees are much, much lower.

50% surcharge is absolutely ridiculous.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:53 PM
shoegoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
You should be able to get those by calling the box office directly. Their fees are much, much lower.

When they announced the sale they said it was online only. They also said it started the 27th, and it's clearly going now, so who knows.

shoegoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoo View Post
When they announced the sale they said it was online only. They also said it started the 27th, and it's clearly going now, so who knows.
STH get priority starting today, that's why I provided the link. Sales to general public start Friday. Sorry, should have clarified.

And it is an "online only" sale. Click the link and buy your tickets before the general public. They're starting in 102, 110, 113, and 121 (corners), and working around to the ends.

Old
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
No need to wait until Friday. Season-ticket holders were provided a link to access the sale starting today. Load up NOW! Even the Detroit game is available! Here's the link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/o57e5f
Thanks!

Just bought a pair for the game on December 7.

krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 05:09 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
Thanks!

Just bought a pair for the game on December 7.
Nice!

Old
11-23-2009, 09:31 PM
ssmatik

Hate to be a wet blanket but this promotion is getting into an area that gets me thinking negatively.
A little back story first. I was a STH for the Diamondbacks back in the beginning. I had pretty good seats as I was a STH for the Firebirds which gave us first dibs on seats. After the 2nd season the novelty wore off and they started to offer all these deals to get people to the games. I started to have people sitting right next to me that paid 2/3 what I paid as a loyal STH. I ended up dumping my seats and just buying tickets on Jackson from the scalpers for 1/2 price.
This seems to be the same road we are heading down now. Yes I know it might get people in the seats. But what is the purpose in buying the full season when the guy next to me bought his seat for less than me? This was a pretty bad year for us with the wife out of work for 3 months but I was willing to scrap together the funds to renew. I didn't make that decision lightly.
Having the same seats for every game has little appeal to me since I can't stand the people near me this season. (That story is for another time)
The bottom line is I could create my own package for less than I paid as a loyal fan. Giving me extra tickets doesn't do me a bit of good as I can't give them away most of the time.
Just my humble opinion that I'm sure most won't agree with but I feel it needs to be said.

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:15 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
Hate to be a wet blanket but this promotion is getting into an area that gets me thinking negatively.
A little back story first. I was a STH for the Diamondbacks back in the beginning. I had pretty good seats as I was a STH for the Firebirds which gave us first dibs on seats. After the 2nd season the novelty wore off and they started to offer all these deals to get people to the games. I started to have people sitting right next to me that paid 2/3 what I paid as a loyal STH. I ended up dumping my seats and just buying tickets on Jackson from the scalpers for 1/2 price.
This seems to be the same road we are heading down now. Yes I know it might get people in the seats. But what is the purpose in buying the full season when the guy next to me bought his seat for less than me? This was a pretty bad year for us with the wife out of work for 3 months but I was willing to scrap together the funds to renew. I didn't make that decision lightly.
Having the same seats for every game has little appeal to me since I can't stand the people near me this season. (That story is for another time)
The bottom line is I could create my own package for less than I paid as a loyal fan. Giving me extra tickets doesn't do me a bit of good as I can't give them away most of the time.
Just my humble opinion that I'm sure most won't agree with but I feel it needs to be said.
I understand your argument as a practical matter for you personally. But I have no problem with a discount ticket promotion at the start of the holiday buying season, encouraging folks to spend their holiday dollars on some game tickets.

I'd agree with you to a certain extent in a "normal" year. But there is nothing normal about this year. We're fighting for our survival here.

Old
11-24-2009, 02:32 AM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

I was planning on buying another 5 game pack as a Christmas gift (both to myself and others) but as I mentioned in the marketing thread, I just took advantage of this sale.

I ended up paying the same as my normal upper level tickets but I get to go to the lower bowl. I feel rewarded

Bought 17 tickets through 5 games.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Just got one ticket for 12/21.

I hope there's a sale on the upper level seats sometime, too. I would pick up the rest of the season's games if the deal is as good.

krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:28 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
Just got one ticket for 12/21.

I hope there's a sale on the upper level seats sometime, too. I would pick up the rest of the season's games if the deal is as good.
Any STH can get you UL seats at any time to any game for $10.25 (top 4 rows), $16.25 (corners and ends), or $21.25 (center ice). That's the regular STH add-on pricing for the whole season.

I've been posting all season that I am more than happy to make my pricing available to anyone. You tell me what games, how much you want to pay, and I'll place the order. You can Paypal me or write me a check.

I know others are willing to do the same. As I posted in response to ssmatik, this is not a normal season and I think we all have to do whatever we can to help get more people to games. The team is running some great deals, but STH have access to serious discount pricing for every game.

So, don't wait for the team to announce a sale. Got your sale right here!

Old
11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I was planning on buying another 5 game pack as a Christmas gift (both to myself and others) but as I mentioned in the marketing thread, I just took advantage of this sale.

I ended up paying the same as my normal upper level tickets but I get to go to the lower bowl. I feel rewarded

Bought 17 tickets through 5 games.
THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Old
11-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

I sent the link to some co-workers today. So far they have picked up over 20 tickets. Let's keep it coming!!

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
STH get priority starting today, that's why I provided the link. Sales to general public start Friday. Sorry, should have clarified.

And it is an "online only" sale. Click the link and buy your tickets before the general public. They're starting in 102, 110, 113, and 121 (corners), and working around to the ends.
fyi...I talked with a ticket rep today and if you wait until Friday to order tickets, you can call the box office instead of doing it online. You still have to pay one of the fees but the other fee you only have to pay once. So as a result you will save about $5 per order.

Old
11-24-2009, 11:46 PM
shoegoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
fyi...I talked with a ticket rep today and if you wait until Friday to order tickets, you can call the box office instead of doing it online. You still have to pay one of the fees but the other fee you only have to pay once. So as a result you will save about $5 per order.
Shoot, perhaps I should have waited. I doubt anyone likes the TM fees, but the other really crappy thing is not being able to choose your seats. I heard that if you call they can help you choose them.

shoegoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:11 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Last time they offered an online only sale I spoke with someone from the box office who seemed confused about the offer and ended up telling me to go the website. I was so annoyed I went to craigslist.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 07:46 AM
2yotesfans88

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
oh i agree. there are so few of us STHs that there should be some kind of compensation other than tickets. i know i spent over 3500 for my pair (80 per pair per game.) now i have people sitting next to me paying 30 bucks less per game. so dont i feel like a fool for almost paying double. what are there now 2000 season ticket holders? either refund that money...not gonna happen or give us a credit for next season! why burn the people who stayed loyal? im NOT SAYING DONT SELL CHEAP TICKETS IM JUST SAYING DO something, anything for the fans who kept their seats this season....

oh wait they do email that 2 dollar off any food item so i guess all is good.that totally makes up for the 1200 bucks i overspent on my tickets...oh but i do get the same seat....wow great. ive been an sth for 4 years and have gone to 15+ games a season since they came to the valley. soits not like im not a supporter. i will probably renew my tickets for next year too but it would be nice to get an email saying hey you got **** heres what we are doing to get more people in the stadium and heres how we are going to make it right by you.

2yotesfans88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:33 PM
ssmatik

Well at least I don't feel like a spoil-sport all by myself.
I understand that I should be happy to have games to go to but that really isn't the point.
I know that the regular posters are going way above and beyond to try to do their small part to save the team but the truth of the matter is there are probably no more than 10 people on this board that fall into that category.
I think that I am speaking more from the point of view of the guy that has been kicked in the head by this economy and is watching every penny and shopping for the best value wherever possible. The guy that really thought long and hard about renewing this year. Not because they might be a "lame-duck" but because they needed to balance their love of the game versus the reality of their finances.
Personally I decided that I love hockey too much and the best deal to see hockey was to buy a full season. In most sports and cities being a full STH is usually the smart deal.
It kind of sucks that I find out in November that I didn't get the best deal.
I do know that next season (and I think there will be a next season) I'm going to roll the dice (my financial decision) and keep my money in my account and spend it on Craigslist until a smoking deal comes along.
I know that this sounds like sour grapes but I'm not happy with the customer service I've received this year from the organization. I really don't care to air the details here on an open forum but PERSONALLY I don't think that they care all that much about me as a STH. I imagine they are under as much stress as the rest of us but that doesn't excuse poor customer service.

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Shoot, perhaps I should have waited. I doubt anyone likes the TM fees, but the other really crappy thing is not being able to choose your seats. I heard that if you call they can help you choose them.
Nope you did it right. I was given false information so instead of jumping on this Monday when RR posted the link I waited and now the deal is mostly dead for me. I just waited on hold for 1.5 hours to place an order for 30 tickets only to be told they won't sell Sandstorm tickets over the phone unless you're a season ticket holder. Which for the record I'm not complaining about, I understand why. I just wish I hadn't been told incorrect information. Anyway, now all tickets I checked on ticketmaster are defaulting to attack once side so it looks like I'm out of the running at this point.

Old
11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Just ordered 30 tickets!

2yotesfans88 and ssmatik:
I honestly can't blame you for your sentiments, you have very good points. About all I can say is that I hope more people will improve the atmosphere and will make games more enjoyable for you. Also that the attendance boost will improve the odds that the Yotes stay in Glendale. It's a very unique situation in an unfortunate way and I do appreciate that you were willing to make the sacrifice financially that you did. I hope in the end everything will work out and it will have been worth it!

Last edited by Sinurgy: 11-30-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old
11-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Speaking of ticket sales, along with the Coyotes finding was to get more butts in the seats for games they also looks like they are wiNning the battle with US Airways Centers for other events as well.

Kiss
Bon Jovi
Joel Osteen

And now

Harlem Globetrotters?
A basketball act in Glendale and not in downtown Phoenix?

Strange! Makes we wonder if UFC will come to Glendale as well?
I would to see that!
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Tao Jones

Paid $270 for:

6 upper level seats vs. NYI Sat. Jan. 9 @ $15
3 section 110 row N seats vs. NJD Thu. Jan. 14 @ $25 (Sandstorm special)
2 upper level seats vs. ANA Sat. Mar. 6 @ $15
2 section 108 row I seats vs. CHI Sat. Mar 20 @ $60
2 upper level seats vs. EDM Sat. Apr. 3 @ $0

Bryzgalov and Doan signed pucks were sold out.

Got Jovanovski and Prucha.

Tao Jones is offline   Reply With Quote