HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes @ Ducks (11/29/09)

Old
11-30-2009, 05:50 PM
yakko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I don't unless I have to, I have an intense hatred for commercials!
I hate commercials. I also generally dislike the banter that often goes on with the crew between plays and the fluff pieces. I just want to watch hockey. So, I fast forward through just about everything that isn't hockey unless it looks really interesting.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 790
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
I hate commercials. I also generally dislike the banter that often goes on with the crew between plays and the fluff pieces. I just want to watch hockey. So, I fast forward through just about everything that isn't hockey unless it looks really interesting.
Normally, I would agree with these sentiments, but this is not a normal year. The Coyotes need help in every aspect, and advertisements are a big part of revenue generation, meaning the more eyes that watch the team live, the more money the team or fsn will get from advertisers when the contracts are up. Right now, we need to give up these biases for the interests of the team.

(god, do I sound like a cheerleader or what?)

Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
Normally, I would agree with these sentiments, but this is not a normal year. The Coyotes need help in every aspect, and advertisements are a big part of revenue generation, meaning the more eyes that watch the team live, the more money the team or fsn will get from advertisers when the contracts are up. Right now, we need to give up these biases for the interests of the team.

(god, do I sound like a cheerleader or what?)
DVR'ing does get included in the ratings so you're not hurting the Yotes by doing so.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

It is more interesting IMO to watch it live...I cant DVR...just cant...dont mind the commercials or ads....thats apart of the game!

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
It is more interesting IMO to watch it live...I cant DVR...just cant...dont mind the commercials or ads....thats apart of the game!
Man more power to you but I don't know how you willfully do it. I'm so sick of being sold to it damn near makes me angry. I rarely watch anything live these days because of it.

btw...when you hear the term Augmented Reality it'll sound cool but like most things it won't be used in a cool way, instead it'll be used like Minority Report to slam you with ****ing advertising spam! Sorry...I'm done ranting.

Old
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM
PhoPhan

There was a study done some years ago that concluded that while few people actually like the commercials themselves, most people enjoy the TV shows more when there are commercials. That is, show one group a program interrupted by commercials at the appropriate act breaks and another group that same show without the interruptions, and the first group will report higher satisfaction with the show.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

Quote:
DVR'ing does get included in the ratings so you're not hurting the Yotes by doing so.
Yeah but it isn't counted the same either. They count in total audience but not the same as the live audience for advertising purposes. They use various metrics to devalue a DVR viewer.

I watch almost all of them live that I can, I just do other stuff during commercials. Ebay, visiting random websites, take a turn on a PC game, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
There was a study done some years ago that concluded that while few people actually like the commercials themselves, most people enjoy the TV shows more when there are commercials. That is, show one group a program interrupted by commercials at the appropriate act breaks and another group that same show without the interruptions, and the first group will report higher satisfaction with the show.
I think a lot of that is years of conditioning, but when I watch an hour show on a DVR I usually take a 5 minute break in the middle somewhere. Has about the same effect but on my own schedule.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Man more power to you but I don't know how you willfully do it. I'm so sick of being sold to it damn near makes me angry. I rarely watch anything live these days because of it.
I'm the same. I record everything and watch it later so I can fast forward. I have a short attention sp

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
The only thing good about commercials is it gives you a few minutes to recap what you watched with your friends or family and crack a few jokes but for me I just happily pause instead.

Old
12-01-2009, 12:29 AM
SR

Quote:
The only thing good about commercials is it gives you a few minutes to recap what you watched with your friends or family and crack a few jokes but for me I just happily pause instead.
Or grab a beer

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 01:31 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
That is, show one group a program interrupted by commercials at the appropriate act breaks and another group that same show without the interruptions, and the first group will report higher satisfaction with the show.
That has way more to do with how shows are written (with commercials factored in when making decisions) than with anything else. Without the commercials it would be like jumping all over the plot continuity line in a movie while not explaining the gaps. The cliffhanger moments would be lost as well. It has nothing to do with people liking breaks or TV ads. Even that one shouldn't get past you, Pho.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:09 AM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR17 View Post
Or grab a beer
That's what the pause button is for.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote