HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

could oiler fans handle a full rebuild?

View Poll Results: Could you handle a full rebuild
Yes--blow her up good and rebuild 105 68.63%
No 23 15.03%
Maybe 4 2.61%
Too tough to decide right 6 3.92%
lose horcoff and either Souray or Lubor 6 3.92%
lets waits till the new year before we hit the self destruct botton 9 5.88%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-30-2009, 11:42 AM
copperandblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerzFRLife View Post
does tambo not remind eerily of k lowe?? like personality and even looks a little bit..... it is scary.
Maybe Bizzaro world KLowe.

Not all of KLowe's moves were winners and certainly some of his plans could be questioned but that doesn't change that KLowe always seemed to have a plan and was for the most part always able to get deals done to help realize that plan.

Tambellini has not shown the willingness or ability do either.

copperandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:44 AM
SuperUke99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerzFRLife View Post
i agree it doesnt take a genius to put a team together but you know what it does take? balls. CAHONEEES. especially in a market like edmonton. sure in chicago if the team sucks nobody will show up to games but now that the team is awesome its woohoo hawks. if the oilers fielded the falcons they would still sell alot of tickets. this being said our patience is extremely short and it takes a ballsy GM to rebuild over 3 or 4 years in a firebed like edmonton. and to be honest when i look at Tambellini he looks like a coward. if he saw his friends getting mowed down in machine gun fire he would jump back into the trench.

does tambo not remind eerily of k lowe?? like personality and even looks a little bit..... it is scary.
I dont think it would take 3-4yrs. This year we end up with a top 3 pick and possibly trade some vets along the way to get another 1 or 2 first round picks then voila. Looks at how quickly Colorado turned things around with some saavy draft picks and a good goalie.

Hall
Paajarvi
Eberle
Lander
Nash

Very solid young core with some size imo as only Eberle is under 6'.

SuperUke99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 12:18 PM
OilerzFRLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUke99 View Post
I dont think it would take 3-4yrs. This year we end up with a top 3 pick and possibly trade some vets along the way to get another 1 or 2 first round picks then voila. Looks at how quickly Colorado turned things around with some saavy draft picks and a good goalie.

Hall
Paajarvi
Eberle
Lander
Nash

a rebuild would be complete when the players youve suggested are contributing solidly and this team is winning and being successful aka playoff pushes. that is going to take at least 3 or 4 years. were not making any serious moves in the near future as far as position in the standings. nash and lander are far from locks and as much as they are solid prospects their contribution to this team could be considered unknown. and dont count Hall as a prospect. were 30 games into the season and were callin 1st overall pick. lots can happen in a season. this is the same team that went 6-2-1 so theres definitely potential to achieve some mediocre output that would lead us out of bottom 5.

however this rebiuld begins on the trade deadline and makes a 360 turn come draft day assuming we are in top 2.

OilerzFRLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUke99 View Post

Hall
Paajarvi
Eberle
Lander
Nash

Are Lander and Nash any good? I know they are supposed to be good 2 way centers but that is such a vague description. We all hear for just about every player.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Tambellini quote on the possibility of changes or a re-build:

"Oh, I'm not thinking about next year. It's November."

Correction, it's December tomorrow and you're clearly delusional.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:43 AM
boopronger

every team that traded pronger missed the playoffs for 3 years

boopronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 01:02 AM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
And what if it doesn't work?

And I don't think it will.

I don't want to be the Caps, Pens or Hawks.

I want to be the Wings or Avs. A shot at the big one almost every single year.

Re-load. BUT ACTUALLY re-load. None of this 9th-best-player-we-coulda-got-and-no-depth-cuz-we-wanna-try-out-our-young'ns crap.
in order to re-load, we needed to be loaded in the 1st place

which we are not

I would love to be the Pens, Hawks or Caps...they got franchise players and are young enough to compete for the Cup for a long time

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote