HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Think about this

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2004, 06:55 PM
  #1
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,312
vCash: 500
Think about this

With all the harsh talk towards Kovalev, Ribeiro, Theodore, etc... I want to say that I think the Habs will win tomorrow night. But if not, just remember that you may be watching the Habs for the last time in a very long time. This is called reality. I'm not trying to bum everyone out, but try to remember that this is the greatest game ever, with the greatest organization in sports, and that without Theodore having a strong season this year, we wouldn't be watching these very exciting games. Without Ribeiro leading the team in scoring we wouldn't be watching these very exciting games. Without Koivu, Souray, Ryder, Markov, Zednik, Rivet all stepping it up at different points in the season, we wouldn't be here.

I know it sucks the way things have turned out so far in this series wins wise, but I think outside of game 1 the Habs have been impressive. Theodore has been a concern but the defense and forwards are part of the blame as well. Still watching the Zednik Koivu Kovalev line has been a real treat even if it doesn't last I am glad I got to see them play a few together, and will enjoy at least one more.

So just wanted to say that win or lose tomorrow night, enjoy the game and remember that the best team doesn't always win, and mistakes happen. No matter what, this organization has cleaned up it's act from a few years ago, has turned around our farm team, done better at the draft table (that's not saying much thouht ) made some solid acquistions and signed some important players while not giving up too much in the process. Gone are the days of bottom feeding and April draft talk, the Habs are making a name for themselves as a talented organization that will continue to get better.




Yes I'm drunk! but I'll be a diehard Habs fan as long as I'm on this earth.

montreal is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 06:58 PM
  #2
velimiiro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
And without Kovalev we probably wouldn't of won game #2.

velimiiro is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:00 PM
  #3
velimiiro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Honestly i don't think there's anyway we can lose tommorow, and then i really don't think we can lose at montreal for game 6, i'm almost sure this will go seven games.

velimiiro is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:04 PM
  #4
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,503
vCash: 500
So tommorow, everybody have to enjoy that moment...but I'm very confident on the fact that we will see the Habs in october. If not, the NHL will probably lose a couple of team because of money.

***tommorow, if the Habs lose the game, it will probably be the last time we see Juneau, Kovalev, Perreault and maybe more" I don't like them(exept Kovy) but for an unknown reason, it will be weird inside of me.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:06 PM
  #5
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Yes I'm drunk! but I'll be a diehard Habs fan as long as I'm on this earth. [/QUOTE]

No doubt!

Habs in 7, I had a vision...

417 is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:09 PM
  #6
velimiiro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Yes I'm drunk! but I'll be a diehard Habs fan as long as I'm on this earth.
No doubt!

Habs in 7, I had a vision...[/QUOTE]

Tell me about this vision, did you really have a vision or did you say you had a vision to make it sound cool?

velimiiro is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:09 PM
  #7
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,515
vCash: 500
I don't think Theodore had such a good season. He had a good first part, but he was downright ordinary for the second part of the season. I think we would have made the playoffs with most other #1 in the league.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:12 PM
  #8
AlexandreDaigle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
The better team doesn't always win?

No offense, but the Habs are a 7 seed for a reason. They've played pretty well and the series could easilly be tied, but if the Habs lose the series it's not going to be some huge shock.

AlexandreDaigle is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:14 PM
  #9
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandreDaigle
The better team doesn't always win?

No offense, but the Habs are a 7 seed for a reason. They've played pretty well and the series could easilly be tied, but if the Habs lose the series it's not going to be some huge shock.
If they would have played the way they did the last three games for the whole season, they would have been top 3 seed.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:14 PM
  #10
velimiiro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandreDaigle
The better team doesn't always win?

No offense, but the Habs are a 7 seed for a reason. They've played pretty well and the series could easilly be tied, but if the Habs lose the series it's not going to be some huge shock.
I don't care if they're the 30th seed, they've outplayed the bruins in 3 sraight games and only have 1 win to show for it thanks largely in part to Jose "Butterfingers" Theodore

velimiiro is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 07:54 PM
  #11
Lewis63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: A stick lenght away
Country: Canada
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
...just remember that you may be watching the Habs for the last time in a very long time. This is called reality. I'm not trying to bum everyone out, but try to remember that this is the greatest game ever, with the greatest organization in sports
...
so just wanted to say that win or lose tomorrow night, enjoy the game and remember that the best team doesn't always win, and mistakes happen. No matter what, this organization has cleaned up it's act from a few years ago, has turned around our farm team, done better at the draft table (that's not saying much thouht ) made some solid acquistions and signed some important players while not giving up too much in the process. Gone are the days of bottom feeding and April draft talk, the Habs are making a name for themselves as a talented organization that will continue to get better.
as always your posts are top notch montreal
I will keep that in mind when i'll watch the game,
may the habs win the next three games

Lewis63 is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
  #12
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Very good post montreal, that's why I tape the Habs playoffs on VHS. If there is a strike, I'll be watching them in december beat the Bruins in 7

Come on guys, we continue tu support our team and appreciate each moments, because if there's a lock out

Cariboux is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 09:21 PM
  #13
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
No doubt!

Habs in 7, I had a vision...
Tell me about this vision, did you really have a vision or did you say you had a vision to make it sound cool?[/QUOTE]

He really had a vision. Actually we both had the same vision.

Were going to game seven buddy, trust us

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 09:24 PM
  #14
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
By the way great post Montreal. Your right it could very well be our last game.

Its gona be a tough night tommorow if we loose, because we may not see them play again for a year. Its really too bad, i was really looking forward to seeing some new guys come in like Higgins, Kastitsyn, Perezhogan, Hainsey, Hossa, etc.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 09:40 PM
  #15
Belarus Rocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
With all the harsh talk towards Kovalev, Ribeiro, Theodore, etc... I want to say that I think the Habs will win tomorrow night. But if not, just remember that you may be watching the Habs for the last time in a very long time. This is called reality. I'm not trying to bum everyone out, but try to remember that this is the greatest game ever, with the greatest organization in sports, and that without Theodore having a strong season this year, we wouldn't be watching these very exciting games. Without Ribeiro leading the team in scoring we wouldn't be watching these very exciting games. Without Koivu, Souray, Ryder, Markov, Zednik, Rivet all stepping it up at different points in the season, we wouldn't be here.

I know it sucks the way things have turned out so far in this series wins wise, but I think outside of game 1 the Habs have been impressive. Theodore has been a concern but the defense and forwards are part of the blame as well. Still watching the Zednik Koivu Kovalev line has been a real treat even if it doesn't last I am glad I got to see them play a few together, and will enjoy at least one more.



So just wanted to say that win or lose tomorrow night, enjoy the game and remember that the best team doesn't always win, and mistakes happen. No matter what, this organization has cleaned up it's act from a few years ago, has turned around our farm team, done better at the draft table (that's not saying much thouht ) made some solid acquistions and signed some important players while not giving up too much in the process. Gone are the days of bottom feeding and April draft talk, the Habs are making a name for themselves as a talented organization that will continue to get better.




Yes I'm drunk! but I'll be a diehard Habs fan as long as I'm on this earth.

You could not have said It better,great post montreal

GO HABS GO

Belarus Rocket is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 10:00 PM
  #16
Guig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Qc
Country: Québec
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
With all the harsh talk towards Kovalev, Ribeiro, Theodore, etc... I want to say that I think the Habs will win tomorrow night. But if not, just remember that you may be watching the Habs for the last time in a very long time. This is called reality. I'm not trying to bum everyone out, but try to remember that this is the greatest game ever, with the greatest organization in sports, and that without Theodore having a strong season this year, we wouldn't be watching these very exciting games. Without Ribeiro leading the team in scoring we wouldn't be watching these very exciting games. Without Koivu, Souray, Ryder, Markov, Zednik, Rivet all stepping it up at different points in the season, we wouldn't be here.

I know it sucks the way things have turned out so far in this series wins wise, but I think outside of game 1 the Habs have been impressive. Theodore has been a concern but the defense and forwards are part of the blame as well. Still watching the Zednik Koivu Kovalev line has been a real treat even if it doesn't last I am glad I got to see them play a few together, and will enjoy at least one more.

So just wanted to say that win or lose tomorrow night, enjoy the game and remember that the best team doesn't always win, and mistakes happen. No matter what, this organization has cleaned up it's act from a few years ago, has turned around our farm team, done better at the draft table (that's not saying much thouht ) made some solid acquistions and signed some important players while not giving up too much in the process. Gone are the days of bottom feeding and April draft talk, the Habs are making a name for themselves as a talented organization that will continue to get better.

amen

Guig is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.