Notices

Latendresse

Old
11-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Latendresse

Hey Wild folks,

Was wondering what you think of Gui Latendresse so far? I see he scored for you last night - how was the goal? Wrap-around? He seems to love doing that! Also, did he start hitting again or what? Thoughts!

(p.s. I wasn't happy to see Gui go... but maybe Pouliot will make me change my mind)

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:33 AM
djp4516

He buried an Owen Nolan rebound. He played well. It's pretty clear he's got some tools and maybe even something to prove here.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Komarov47

he's got the body to be an Bertuzzy type of player, he MUST work hard, should not be afraid to go in front of the net, hit hard, score 30 goals/games (he can do it), and again, HIT HARD man !

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Wildlife

He's had a couple great hits and seems to be working hard to prove himself with his new team. Looks like he got a wake-up call when getting traded, but only time will tell if he sticks to what he's beed doing so far.

Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Komarov47

Maybe Fletcher was thinking about a post Nolan-retirement and bring Latendresse

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:46 AM
prongerphysics

After watching him last night...Benoit who?

prongerphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:19 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by prongerphysics View Post
After watching him last night...Benoit who?
As a Hab fan, I am ''glad'' to hear that...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:16 AM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
Gamer winner in the shootout with the Ducks on Friday. Not bad.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

He's been very impressive. Its exciting, but I'd like to see a prolonged period of good play from him. That being said, I think there is an intense sigh of relief on Latendresse's part in that he doesn't have the spotlight shining on him; he's just another piece of the puzzle here.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 07:56 PM
WestIslander

As a Habs fan I wish Latendresse all the best in Minnesota and hopefully he can live up to his expectations their.

With the same thing in mind, I hope Pouliot becomes our next French Canadian superstar and lights it up this season and next!

I think this trade was the best thing for both of them...

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

He has a few good shifts every game. I think the deal is he's a pretty good 2nd/3rd line LW, rather than Pouliot who never had a shot, so he didn't do much. Lats doesn't look dominant, but he has excellent hands, can hold the puck along the boards well, and has good vision. He's like a bigger, stronger Pierre-Marc Bouchard.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Habs13

You guys would have loved Gui during his first training camp with the Habs... he was the most dominnt player from both teams during pre-season. He scored and hit like a rabid mac truck! It's too bad he lost his work ethic, so maybe this really was a rude awakening for him.

Glad to hear he's playing well for the Wild.

Actually, here's a question for you guys - when Pouliot was traded to Montreal - wasn't he supposed to be back from injury pretty much a day or two after the trade?? He still hasn' suited up for the Habs and isn't expected to play until the weekend! (We play 4 games this week and have a ton of injuries...)

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Wild Thing

Probably nursing an eye injury. Corneal abrasions.

Caused by rubbing his eyes too much with Kleenex from crying day and night ever since being traded.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

There was no timetable, week-to-week kind of thing.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Another game and another goal. We're money when he scores. He's been a pretty consistant 16 goal scorer with Mtl, but has just exploded right out of the gate coming here. I would have to believe he will be a top priority to re-sign this offseason. What do you think he'll cost? Tough call in his case. Does he cash in on his hot hand and go for the brass ring, or does he cut Fletcher a little slack for the opportunity to get significant ice time and show his kung fu? Granted to earned that with his play. I'm thinking Guy will probably opt to a short term(two year) contract in the $2M-$2.25M per yr range. Very reasonable for what he done for us, but still a healthy 200% raise for him. So what say you?

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Lifer

I think 2 years at $2 mil per is a good deal for both sides. If he continues to play the way he has been, it's a 200% raise from where he is at now. If he goes back to old Larendresse, we have another overpaid 3rd liner, pretty much right on par for this club.

Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 10:13 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I hope that's what the price range would be.

I'd be a little nervous about going too much higher just because we don't need him to all of a sudden tail off and have another burden of a contract on the Wild's hands.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

I really don't think he'll regress. He is a very good player. I even thought that b4 the trade. Just didn't get quality ice time Plus the added pressure of not only playing in that pressure cooker of Montreal, but being a hometown player to boot just eroded his confidence. Glad we have a quality GM and Guy being an RFA.

Old
02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Lifer

What's tecutoff number if somebody offers for him?

Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Don't quote me as scripture, but I believe a QO signing of roughly $2.5M - $3M is a 2nd round draft pick as compensation. But those don'thappen that often. And from everything I've heard him say he loves it in St Paul. I'm not used to this optimism for the upcoming offseason. Riser mind frelled me more than I thought.

Old
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Thanks for the feedback Pam. He's been fantastic with Brodziak(not a true 2nd line center) and Havlat. Hope we can get a skill center this offseason, or PMB can step in.

Usually glad when we do a mutually beneficial trade. Admittedly there are some teams I don't mind fleecing. Although didn't really happen with our old GM. I was a very vocal "non-fan" of Pouliot on the Wild board during his time, but I am glad he got his career on track in Montreal.

Funny the things Habs fans warned us about Guy right after the trade. The lack of physical play, scoring and skating have been excellent. In the EA NHL games I always tried to get Guy, but could never pull off what I thought were realistic trades. The AI Gainey in the game was a tough sell.

Old
02-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

I like you Pam you seem to have good command of NHL hockey outside of the Canadiens, i will dispute(in the most friendly way) that you have to tell Guy things more than once , because he seems to grasp the "Richards system" right away. I remember Habs fans sying he may not be a top 6er. But there he his thriving with our marquee FA pick-up last off season. He just been a solid fundmental hockey player.
As far as complaining I got the impression right away that that is not Guy's style. Our hacks of commentators; when he first came over would throw him slow pitch opportunities to bash his former team, but he really wouldn't bite. He mildly criticized the way he was handled in Mtl, but it never came off as sour grapes. To me that showed a lot of class. I'm sure he was disappointed he couldn't have a longer career for his hometown team, but it appears he is glad for the opportunity to get his career on track here. The way he handled himself through what I'm sure was not an ideal situation for him, I have a ton of respect for the character of Guillame Latendresse. That goes a long way in my eyes. I hope for your sake Benoit Pouliot is the same way, cuz I believe in his tenure with us, he didn't show that too much.
The one beef I have with Guy is that, according to my girlfriend, he looks like Russell Crowe and she has a huuuge crush on Crowe. So I've noticed she is more receptive to watching Wild games with me. And she is of French descent. Should I be worried?

more evidence of Guy's character. I wikied him for the halibut:
Quote:
At a press conference after the game in which he scored his first NHL goal against the Edmonton Oilers, Guillaume was asked about the comments of former Canadiens goalie and Hall of Famer Patrick Roy. Just a few weeks earlier, Roy had said he thinks the only reason 19-year-old rookie Latendresse remains with the Canadiens is because he's a francophone, suggesting if he was named Smith or Brown he'd be back in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). Guillaume talked briefly about it. '"It's me who's supposed to be 19, not him," said Latendresse. "I will act like a man. I'll leave it to him to act like a child. I don't know why he's acting like that. I've never spoken to him. He should be delighted by the success of young Québecers in the NHL instead of making stupid comments."

Last edited by Marlowe Syn: 02-05-2010 at 09:04 PM.