HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

DId Lundqvist show up Torts last night?

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
DId Lundqvist show up Torts last night?

Lundqvist was pulled after giving up yet another goal which he could not have been faulted what so ever as it was off a foot and in. Lundqvist is far from my favorite Ranger but the goals and the game were not even remotely his fault as the team played like Horse crap in front of him with no effort or heart. Now with that said when torts pulled Hank he skated directly passed the Rangers bench and right off the ice to the locker room where he spent the remainder of the game. Did he do this to show up his coach ? Never before did I see a goalie do this . Most of the time a goalie will tap the incoming goalie on the pads and sit , sometimes with the mask on but mostly sit there and be pissed . Hank just up and left. No one here has mentioned this ? Was he feed up with the team and left or Did Torts pulling him just piss him off and he showed the coach up ?

Old
11-28-2009, 06:05 PM
OverTheCap

Lundqvist can't win, it seems like.

People criticize him for "giving up" and "pulling himself" out of the game when he's got pulled in the past, although I've never seen any evidence of this.

Now Lundqvist gets pissed off because he was pulled, showing that he wants to gut it out despite the ****** performance of the team in front of him, and he's accused of "showing up the coach."

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old
11-28-2009, 06:10 PM
17futurecap

No room on the bench for goalies in Tampa.

Old
11-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Damned if you do Damned if you don't....

Lundqvist to Tampa for Vinny L

Old
11-28-2009, 06:11 PM
ThisYearsModel

Isn't Tampa one of the rinks that has no room for the backup goalie on the bench?

Old
11-28-2009, 06:12 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Isn't Tampa one of the rinks that has no room for the backup goalie on the bench?
Correct, I saw Vally behind the glass in the 1st.

Old
11-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Dagoon44

Hank left the ice and went to the locker room he didn't sit behind the glass he never came back out

Old
11-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Hank left the ice and went to the locker room he didn't sit behind the glass he never came back out
Maybe he was getting dibs on the leftovers?

The whole team seemed pretty hungover to me...can't blame him for wanting to get the hell out of there.

If anyone got showed up it was The Bolts showing up the old coach. Mighty Mite was on fire last night

Last edited by I Am Chariot: 11-28-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old
11-28-2009, 06:21 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Maybe it was too much of a hassle to get him back to the seats?

Old
11-28-2009, 06:26 PM
17futurecap

Meanwhile, Lundqvist managed to stay away from saying anything inflammatory but still expressed some annoyance at being pulled at 12:25 of the second period after allowing four goals on 22 shots. The visiting backup goalies do not sit on the team bench at the St. Pete Times Forum - much like at Nassau Coliseum - but instead have a separate spot near the tunnel. Lundqvist chose not to sit there after being removed from the game, instead going to the dressing room.

“Valley came out, I was expecting to keep on playing,” Lundqvist said of backup Steve Valiquette. “But they made a call. That’s it.”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...stgame_wrapup/

Old
11-28-2009, 06:50 PM
John Torturella

Boy, Dagoon loves Lundqvist. Its really amazing.

Old
11-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Boy, Dagoon loves Lundqvist. Its really amazing.
He is perfect with his primadona player attitude with a egomanaic coach. Total move to either show up the coach or his team u pick

Last edited by Dagoon44: 11-28-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old
11-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

It wasn't really Lundqvist's fault last night that no one showed up to play.

They still scored 2 goals on Valiquette which means that it wasn't really an issue of goaltending.

Not that Hank was good, but it was the players in front of the goalie that really failed last night.

Old
11-28-2009, 07:19 PM
blueshirt4lyfe

Quote:
He is perfect with his primadona player attitude with a egomanaic coach. Total move to either show up the coach or his team u pick
maybe he's trying to send his coach a message, like "The team in front of me blows."

or at least thats the message id send.

Old
11-28-2009, 07:19 PM
bumrusherer

If he wanted to show up people, he would have called out the defense a long time ago for playing like marshmallow in front of him.

Old
11-28-2009, 07:23 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Dagoon where is the proof that he left to the locker room and never came back?

Old
11-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Meanwhile, Lundqvist managed to stay away from saying anything inflammatory but still expressed some annoyance at being pulled at 12:25 of the second period after allowing four goals on 22 shots. The visiting backup goalies do not sit on the team bench at the St. Pete Times Forum - much like at Nassau Coliseum - but instead have a separate spot near the tunnel. Lundqvist chose not to sit there after being removed from the game, instead going to the dressing room.

“Valley came out, I was expecting to keep on playing,” Lundqvist said of backup Steve Valiquette. “But they made a call. That’s it.”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...stgame_wrapup/
about 4 posts above yours and it was in Zips notes also

Old
11-28-2009, 07:24 PM
blueshirt4lyfe

i love how dagoon comes up with this fake primadonna attitude. henrik has never ever ever shown up his teammates, called them out for ****** play, he always talks about how he loves playing close low scoring games even though he probably hates it.

Old
11-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Dagoon44

Isn't it time for a sinus infection or a migraine headache , Or his dad to get sick ? Come on guys ever season we make excuses the guy is very good but far from great. Don't make excuses all the time just admit he isn't without faults. I loved Richter but he was far from great he couldn't handle the puck and gave up a ton of long distance goals.

Old
11-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Musto

so lundqvist is a primadonna now . . . which current rangers do you like, dagoon?

Old
11-28-2009, 09:46 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I do not always agree with DaGoon - but he is on the money here. There are definitely issues between Hank & Torts - stemming from the POs last year. Torts actions tonite showed this too by keeping Vally in the game despite atrocious play. Where was the famous Torts accountability here? Nowhere - because he sent Hank a serious macho message. I played goalie for 12 years and this is about as clear a hidden humiliation as you can see. Now we will se how Hank reacts. Hopefully he can raise his game a notch or two - but is that going to be enough with the in front of him? Seriously doubt it. Then what?
I could actually see Hank getting moved - crazy as it seems - if this were to continue.
Houston - we have a serious problem

Old
11-28-2009, 09:48 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I do not always agree with DaGoon - but he is on the money here. There are definitely issues between Hank & Torts - stemming from the POs last year. Torts actions tonite showed this too by keeping Vally in the game despite atrocious play. Where was the famous Torts accountability here? Nowhere - because he sent Hank a essage. I played goalie for 12 years and this is about as clear a hidden humiliation as you can see. Now we will se how Hank reacts. Hopefully he can raise his game a notch or two - but is that going to be enough with the in front of him? Seriously doubt it. Then what?
I could actually see Hank getting moved - crazy as it seems - if this were to continue.
Houston - we have a serious problem
He kept Vali in the game because nothing was to be gained by taking him out.

Drop the conspiracy theories ya buncha loonies

Old
11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Jim Morrison

didn't everyone just see what team this is without lundqvist in net?

Old
11-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustNeids22 View Post
so lundqvist is a primadonna now . . . which current rangers do you like, dagoon?
I Love Avery ,Gilroy, Del Zotto , Gabby, Callahan and now Bobby Sigs. I Like but not crazy about Prospal. I hate Lisin and Higgins. The rest of the team are Rangers so I root for them . At least I am honest about my feelings

Old
11-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Lundqvist was pulled after giving up yet another goal which he could not have been faulted what so ever as it was off a foot and in. Lundqvist is far from my favorite Ranger but the goals and the game were not even remotely his fault as the team played like Horse crap in front of him with no effort or heart. Now with that said when torts pulled Hank he skated directly passed the Rangers bench and right off the ice to the locker room where he spent the remainder of the game. Did he do this to show up his coach ? Never before did I see a goalie do this . Most of the time a goalie will tap the incoming goalie on the pads and sit , sometimes with the mask on but mostly sit there and be pissed . Hank just up and left. No one here has mentioned this ? Was he feed up with the team and left or Did Torts pulling him just piss him off and he showed the coach up ?
I've seen Lundquist do something similar before. Once against the canucks he pulled himself. After the 5th goal of the game he immediately skated off the ice.

Closed Thread