HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

UPDATE: Cooke suspended 2 games, fined 30k for hit on Anisimov

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Maybe i'm in the minority here but I don't think the hitting has changed at all. I like the point the guys made on HNL lastnight about the pads, I think that has something to do with it for sure but the game has always been this physical, esp down the middle. Anisimov is a rookie, came down the middle looking DOWN. These players have to know to keep your head up going down the middle of the ice. The Richards hit was the same thing, keep your head up guys! Lets hope lesson learned for Anisimov.

It is up to the players to protect themselves out there and if they can't, well maybe they shouldn't be playing in the NHL? Don't skate with ur head down, don't turn to the boards and show your # to the guy charging at you. Is it just me or is this not tought to young players anymore?

Old
11-29-2009, 05:30 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Cooke suspended for 2 games.

Old
11-29-2009, 05:30 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 50
Cooke suspended and fined.

Quote:
NHL suspends #Penguins Matt Cooke for two games and fines him $29,268.30 for his hit on #NYRangers rookie Artem Anisimov on Saturday.
http://twitter.com/agrossrecord

Old
11-29-2009, 05:39 PM
New Yawk Ranguhs
Optimist

Video of the hit?

Old
11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Video of the hit?
I would like to see it again myself since people are saying Cook left his feet.

Old
11-29-2009, 06:07 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Duck!

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

I dont think Avery had any intention of having a fair fight. I think he meant to cause fedo as much pain as possible.
And "Fedo's" attempt to take Avery's legs out was what, "Boys being boys"?

Please.

We get it, you don't like Avery.

Old
11-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

The hit starts 5-6 seconds in and then the replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXixraReToU

11-29-2009, 06:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Oh, wow, yeah. He clearly leaves his feet, and goes straight for Anisimov's head. I'd have gone 5 games. It's the type of thing the games needs to cleanse itself of.

It's just pain.
Old
11-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
The only reason and I mean this the only reason Cooke got this is because the game Monday is vs the Rangers and the fruits that run the NHL don't want fighting and revenge in the league anymore. The Penguins usually get away with this crap

Old
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
MPJohnny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
The only reason and I mean this the only reason Cooke got this is because the game Monday is vs the Rangers and the fruits that run the NHL don't want fighting and revenge in the league anymore. The Penguins usually get away with this crap

Dagoon thats EXACTLY what I thought as soon as I saw this. I bet my bottom dollar that if our boys werent playing them monday night this suspension does not happen.

Old
11-29-2009, 06:34 PM
ThirdEye

I will probably always watch hockey, but this league is pretty much a joke these days. Sometimes I feel like it's run by a bunch of 11 year olds who lack brains and simple logic

Old
11-29-2009, 06:35 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
god the nhl disciplinary system is a joke....

Old
11-29-2009, 07:21 PM
thrillhous

Most importantly, how is Artie?

Old
11-29-2009, 07:26 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Most importantly, how is Artie?
He's fine. Tortorella said yesterday in the post-game conference that he's OK.

Old
11-29-2009, 08:23 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalForOne View Post
I think you forgot your foil hat. Idk what the big deal is, it sucks that Anisimov may be hurt, but I don't think Cooke intended to hit him in the head. He drove up into the hit but Anisimov is listed as 6'4" Cooke is 5'11", his hands were down and he didn't leave his feet. His reputation makes people think otherwise though. he shouldn't be suspended.

Comparing Avery/Fedotenko to Bertuzzi/Moore is pretty ridiculous. It was gutless move by Avery...but what else would you expect from him, He took a direct shot at Crosby's head too. O well nothing came from it. I didn't see a slew foot attempt by Feds but maybe he did, idk hard to tell, its hard to believe someone would attack someone from behind without reason, but since it was Avery, with his reputation, it makes it a possibility.
Pretty clear that you forgot your clown hat. Even the morons in the NHL realized that the Cooke hit was dirty. As to Avery, maybe you should rewatch the play. Fedetenko, whose obviously been taking lessons on slewfooting from lurch, tried the move on Avery. Only got his right leg but the coward on the play was Ruslan. Thats as dirty a play in hockey as can be and was totally uncalled for. Finally, Avery can be called alot of things but he doesn't have a reputation for jumping players from behind in fights.

Hopefully on Monday nite the Rangers will drive either Crybaby or Lurch headfirst into the boards in the first few minutes of the game. Pens wanna play dirty, no problem, go after their stars and see how they react!

Old
11-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Kunitziwa

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Pretty clear that you forgot your clown hat. Even the morons in the NHL realized that the Cooke hit was dirty. As to Avery, maybe you should rewatch the play. Fedetenko, whose obviously been taking lessons on slewfooting from lurch, tried the move on Avery. Only got his right leg but the coward on the play was Ruslan. Thats as dirty a play in hockey as can be and was totally uncalled for. Finally, Avery can be called alot of things but he doesn't have a reputation for jumping players from behind in fights.

Hopefully on Monday nite the Rangers will drive either Crybaby or Lurch headfirst into the boards in the first few minutes of the game. Pens wanna play dirty, no problem, go after their stars and see how they react!

haha obviously.

I watched it, I didnt see any sign of a slewfoot, because im sure if Fedotenko even grazed Avery's leg he would have sky rocketed to the ice like he just got hit by a bus.

Old
11-29-2009, 08:30 PM
JerseyRangers

Sorry but in a 6-3 game you don't leave your feet to hit a guy up high whose looking the other way. Can't see how anyone doesn't have a problem with that! Cooke clearly leaves his feet and is going head hunting! If Avery had done that then guys like Fitzy and the rest of the league would be calling for an 80 plus game suspension. Of course the blind men calling the game once again didn't see fit to call a penalty -- then again they didn't against Brashear last season, or Glencross this season so why start calling it fair now.

If this had happened in the early 90's then Cooke would be anwering to Kocur, Graves, Messier, Buek or a number of other guys who would have no problem running him outta the game. Once again I say at the beginning of Mondays game you run Crybaby through the boards, headfirst, and deliver a message that no one is going to run any Ranger player up high again!

Old
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalForOne View Post
haha obviously.

I watched it, I didnt see any sign of a slewfoot, because im sure if Fedotenko even grazed Avery's leg he would have sky rocketed to the ice like he just got hit by a bus.
Really, then your obviously qualified to ref games in the NHL. Go back and look at it again, but try being a little less biased. As Ruslan skates behind Avery who is on the edge of the crease he sticks out his left leg and drags Avery's right leg. Sean loses balance, catches himself looks over and proceeds to grab Ruslan who just turtles.

Then again you also thought Matt Cooke leaving his feet to deliver a hit to the head was clean so I'm not too sure we can believe that you are really being openminded here, can we?

Old
11-29-2009, 08:52 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 822
1. the cooke hit, there's a frame you can pause with artems head back and cookes elbow in his mouth as he's following through the hit. That's probably what caused the suspension. The fact that he hit him as he was admiring his pass was not it.

2. Ruslans foot caught avery's foot in a kicking motion that's plain as day on the replay. Only thing I'm not sure about is whether it was a slew foot ooooooooor he was just trying to block the shot attempt which was about to happen right in front of him.

All I know is Avery wasnt watching the shot attempt or Fedetenko he had his back to both, so all he felt was a foot kicking his foot out and responded as he saw fit.

Old
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Kunitziwa

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Really, then your obviously qualified to ref games in the NHL. Go back and look at it again, but try being a little less biased. As Ruslan skates behind Avery who is on the edge of the crease he sticks out his left leg and drags Avery's right leg. Sean loses balance, catches himself looks over and proceeds to grab Ruslan who just turtles.

Then again you also thought Matt Cooke leaving his feet to deliver a hit to the head was clean so I'm not too sure we can believe that you are really being openminded here, can we?
I lost my openmindedness with you when you starting spewing out how the league is unfair to the rangers, and said Crysby. If you look at my first posts I said maybe he (Fedex) did try to do it because theres no reason for any player to go after another from behind if he didn't, but that its too hard to tell since Avery barley loses his balance. If at all. Also Avery with having the same type of rep as Cooke, he could have done it for no reason at all. If it happened to Drury instead of Avery there would be no doubt in my mind that Feds did something to piss him off, but since it was Avery you can't be sure can you. Just like you can't be sure if Cooke's hit was ill intended or not. no one knows. the most blatant headshot of the game was Avery to Crsoby, whos leaps and bounds more valuable than Anisimov, but you don't see me or other pens fans calling for his suspension do you? granted it wasn't as violent as the Cooke hit, you could argue the intentions were much worse.

Old
11-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/11...spensions.html

Old
11-29-2009, 09:45 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

what callahan did was the right thing to do

with avery you get what you get, he plays on the edge and on occasion he goes over the edge

what cooke did was wrong and gutless, just like what glencross did

I can only hope that NY wins the next game

Old
11-29-2009, 10:04 PM
mullichicken25

The thing that worries me most about that hit is that it seems like players feel they have a green light for cheap shots against us

The rangers need to respond in spectacular fashion

in my opinion, winning the game tomorrow should be secondary behind sending a message to Bettman and rest of the NHL

also,i just love how much "just having brashear in the line up will scare players away from throwing dirty hits and cheap shots"

yup, they've really been pissing their pants out there

Old
11-29-2009, 10:51 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Can't stand guys like Cooke.

Running around with a visor on cheap shotting other players.

Whoa I sounded like Don Cherry there.

Old
11-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
Can't stand guys like Cooke.

Running around with a visor on cheap shotting other players.

Whoa I sounded like Don Cherry there.
More players need to be like that good Canadian boy Crosby, he really fits to mold of a true, complete hockey player.
/Cherry

Closed Thread