HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Simon Gagne

Old
12-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Spamhuis

vCash: 500
Done no takey backsies
Posted via Mobile Device

Spamhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:08 AM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Canucks View Post
Canucks offer 1st(10) plus Grabner for Gagne.

We'll find some way to make it work with the cap.
I like this.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:37 AM
ccgg

Philadelphie has Van Riemsdyk, Carter, Richards, Brière, Giroux, Gagné, Hartnell... 7 fowards who can play in the top6 ...one of them go away because they need money to sign others players. Gagné can be trade but i think that he has a NTC...

Philly needs 3rd liners and a young defenceman who can play in the 3rd pairing now...

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:40 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Canucks View Post
Canucks offer 1st(10) plus Grabner for Gagne.

We'll find some way to make it work with the cap.
I'm not the Flyers GM, but I think if you add on Schneider, I'd probably do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
How about Gagne+ for Grabner and Bieksa?
Do we really need Bieksa? Seems like we are pretty stacked at D, whether you are satisfied with their performance so far or not. This would put Bieksa, or more likely Coburn to the 3rd pairing.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:19 AM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
I'm not the Flyers GM, but I think if you add on Schneider, I'd probably do it.

Do we really need Bieksa? Seems like we are pretty stacked at D, whether you are satisfied with their performance so far or not. This would put Bieksa, or more likely Coburn to the 3rd pairing.
Philly's D is more stacked then Vancouver's. The offensive balance of this team is key right now. Gagne is a big part of it. I don't see them moving Gagne unless it is a similar caliber player. Gagne is one of the top 2-way forwards in the league. He has great hockey sense, great hands, great skating, and an excellent shot. injury woes aside he has a high value. I think Vancouver would have to trade Raymond and Bieksa for him . But the injuries would make Vancouver hesitant. On talent alone that is a fair trade.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:01 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
Philly's D is more stacked then Vancouver's. The offensive balance of this team is key right now. Gagne is a big part of it. I don't see them moving Gagne unless it is a similar caliber player. Gagne is one of the top 2-way forwards in the league. He has great hockey sense, great hands, great skating, and an excellent shot. injury woes aside he has a high value. I think Vancouver would have to trade Raymond and Bieksa for him . But the injuries would make Vancouver hesitant. On talent alone that is a fair trade.
Vancouver has Luongo. Philly has Emery. HUGE difference.

Philly has played with long stretches of both Gagne and Briere out recently and it has killed them. To be frank, we cant afford to spend this much cap money on 2 injury prone guys, one has to be moved. Gagne is that guy IMHO. (as much as I love Gagne).

JVR-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell-Carter-Briere

is wonderful.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
wiredmaverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Philadelphie has Van Riemsdyk, Carter, Richards, Brière, Giroux, Gagné, Hartnell... 7 fowards who can play in the top6 ...one of them go away because they need money to sign others players. Gagné can be trade but i think that he has a NTC...

Philly needs 3rd liners and a young defenceman who can play in the 3rd pairing now...
Grabner, O'Brien & C. Schneider ?

O'Brien is a young 3rd pairing Dman who would fit in very well in Philly. There's not a lot of potential left in him though.

wiredmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:34 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
If the + were to be Parent, then Coburn would go to the 3rd pairing. I think that Gagne and Parent would be worth a little more than Grabner and Bieksa, so maybe Schneider would make it even?

If everyone is healthy:

Hartnell-Carter-Grabner
JVR-Richards-Pyorala
Carcillo-Giroux-Briere
Asham-Betts-Laperriere
Powe, Cote

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Bieksa
Coburn-Bartulis
Tollefsen

Emery
Boucher
(Schneider)

That's a very nice lineup, this year and going forward. And we'll have more cap space to work with to re-sign FA's in the offseason (Emery and Coburn, most notably).

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Kaktus*

Do not know about all these trade offers but Flyers fans would loooooove Bieksa and Pronger on the same team.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote