HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nailers Eliminated!

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 12:44 AM
clefty
What?

vCash: 500
Nailers Eliminated!

I was just visiting the Nailers website for no apparent reason, and found out the Nailers, after a phenomenal 51-17-4 regular season (good for 106 points, 2nd in the entire league), have just been bundled out by the Reading Royals in the first round!

I know that the performance of our ECHL has almost no effect on the Penguins, but damn!

Old
04-15-2004, 09:45 AM
baldsince16

Send a message via AIM to baldsince16
I actually listened to them on 1250 AM last night and it sounded like they just couldn't get past the Royals goaltender. They also had two really bad bounces, one lead to a short-handed goal and another off a defensemans foot and past Boucher. It is a shame because I had planned on going down to Wheeling to watch a playoff game after the first round, oh well. I don't think it really has any impact on the Penguins organization. Drew Fata sounded like he played pretty well, but we will see. It is a shame because Reading needed to get into to the playoffs by knocking off the Chiefs in a play-in game in Johnstown.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:53 AM
ej_pens

Send a message via AIM to ej_pens
3 of the 4 division winners were bounced from the playoff in the first round. Only Louisiana won their first round series (with a 2-1 OT win in game 5).

All 4 division runners-up also lost in the first round.

Old
04-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Fleet*

Send a message via Yahoo to Fleet*
Don't feel bad. Roanoke Express was who I wanted to win was eliminated too. Maybe Roanoke will do better next season.

Closed Thread