HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If Ribeiro is an embarrassment, what is Darcy Tucker?????

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2004, 08:25 AM
  #1
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,379
vCash: 500
If Ribeiro is an embarrassment, what is Darcy Tucker?????

Why is it when Mike Ribeiro supposablely fakes an injury the entire country claims how big of a disgrace he is, but when Darcy Tucker does it nobody says anything, and Darcy pulls off that **** 3/4 times a frickin game. Twice in yesterdays game versus the Sens I saw the master thespian put on a great show, and I only watched bits and pieces of the game.

I would love to ask Don Cherry why he makes a big stink about Rib's, but is totally in love with Darcy Tucker. I imagine if his name was Darcy Turgeon, Don would have a problem.

Darz is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:28 AM
  #2
Raging Bull
Registered User
 
Raging Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hamilton, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,321
vCash: 500
1) Tucker didn't get up right away like he wasn't hurt after looking like he might die.
2) Tucker didn't go to the bench laughing and taunting the oppositions bench.
3) Tucker didn't do it to stop the play of get a whistle.

Raging Bull is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:33 AM
  #3
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 18,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Why is it when Mike Ribeiro supposablely fakes an injury the entire country claims how big of a disgrace he is, but when Darcy Tucker does it nobody says anything, and Darcy pulls off that **** 3/4 times a frickin game. Twice in yesterdays game versus the Sens I saw the master thespian put on a great show, and I only watched bits and pieces of the game.

I would love to ask Don Cherry why he makes a big stink about Rib's, but is totally in love with Darcy Tucker. I imagine if his name was Darcy Turgeon, Don would have a problem.
Tucker has learned to tone it down, though. Even last night, he didn't "overdo" the writhing and screaming like Ribeiro did, and he didn't blatantly taunt and laugh at the opposing bench either. He doesn't stay down away from the play or embarrass the refs with it, just milks it a bit after the whistle has already gone, usually.

Not that he didn't used to be worse... I saw a couple Kamloops games when he made me flat out cringe in embarrassment, much like Ribeiro did. But I think Tucker has learned his pro lessons.

And of course, he *will* back it up sometimes. If he's taunting, he's also usually willing to drop the gloves once in a while, and he does throw his body around with pretty reckless abandon.

The biggest difference to me is that anything "evil" Tucker does is because he WANTS TO WIN. He will do anything to win, even crawl in the slime. I just see Ribeiro more as a guy who wants attention. He isn't necessarily trying to win anything, he just wants to hog the spotlight and show up his opponents. But that's all just impressions of course. Means nothing.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 08:53 AM
  #4
Owen Wilson
Registered User
 
Owen Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Roberts did it a few times last night

Owen Wilson is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:00 AM
  #5
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
3) Tucker didn't do it to stop the play of get a whistle.
How do you know? ... You don't know!

didjuicythat is online now  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:00 AM
  #6
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
1) Tucker didn't get up right away like he wasn't hurt after looking like he might die.
2) Tucker didn't go to the bench laughing and taunting the oppositions bench.
3) Tucker didn't do it to stop the play of get a whistle.
That's right, he got right up to go complain to the referee. Skated pretty well, too. Tucker's a cheap-shot artist and a wuss, so I guess that's why Cherry likes him.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:15 AM
  #7
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Since we're entering the Leaf zone here, I thought I'd tell you what I saw last night.
About 6.30, I told my wife, I'd run a few errands for her in the nearest village, about 10kms. away. I finished what I had to do and stopped at a convenience store for something. [porn] I noticed a guy in line in front of me. He looked a bit like Tie Domi, or at least what Domi would look like if he retained water for a month or two. He bought 2 chocolate bars and a giant Pepsi bottle. When I paid for my stuff, I noticed keys on the counter and told the young lady, I'd bring them to the guy. [who incidentally lives about 300 yards from the store and should have been walking.] I brought him his keys and he said "Thanks I'm in a hurry to get home for the game" I told him, "Wait a minute, you're not a Leaf Fan are you ?' He repled,"Yeah Bigtime" I told him that if I'd known I'd have left the keys inside. He laughed,I laughed and we went our separate directions. What kind of fan buys chocolate to watch a game ? Even if you don't drink beer , isn't salted snack fgood more acceptable ? You'd never catch a Hab Fan with chocolate at a game, nor a Bruin Fan for that matter. Am I overreacting here ? Don't we have to draw the line somewhere ?

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:25 AM
  #8
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Since we're entering the Leaf zone here, I thought I'd tell you what I saw last night.
About 6.30, I told my wife, I'd run a few errands for her in the nearest village, about 10kms. away. I finished what I had to do and stopped at a convenience store for something. [porn] I noticed a guy in line in front of me. He looked a bit like Tie Domi, or at least what Domi would look like if he retained water for a month or two. He bought 2 chocolate bars and a giant Pepsi bottle. When I paid for my stuff, I noticed keys on the counter and told the young lady, I'd bring them to the guy. [who incidentally lives about 300 yards from the store and should have been walking.] I brought him his keys and he said "Thanks I'm in a hurry to get home for the game" I told him, "Wait a minute, you're not a Leaf Fan are you ?' He repled,"Yeah Bigtime" I told him that if I'd known I'd have left the keys inside. He laughed,I laughed and we went our separate directions. What kind of fan buys chocolate to watch a game ? Even if you don't drink beer , isn't salted snack fgood more acceptable ? You'd never catch a Hab Fan with chocolate at a game, nor a Bruin Fan for that matter. Am I overreacting here ? Don't we have to draw the line somewhere ?
We should definitely draw the line somewhere : STOP BUYING PORN BEFORE THE GAMES !

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:27 AM
  #9
Lewis63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: A stick lenght away
Country: Canada
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Since we're entering the Leaf zone here, I thought I'd tell you what I saw last night.
About 6.30, I told my wife, I'd run a few errands for her in the nearest village, about 10kms. away. I finished what I had to do and stopped at a convenience store for something. [porn] I noticed a guy in line in front of me. He looked a bit like Tie Domi, or at least what Domi would look like if he retained water for a month or two. He bought 2 chocolate bars and a giant Pepsi bottle. When I paid for my stuff, I noticed keys on the counter and told the young lady, I'd bring them to the guy. [who incidentally lives about 300 yards from the store and should have been walking.] I brought him his keys and he said "Thanks I'm in a hurry to get home for the game" I told him, "Wait a minute, you're not a Leaf Fan are you ?' He repled,"Yeah Bigtime" I told him that if I'd known I'd have left the keys inside. He laughed,I laughed and we went our separate directions. What kind of fan buys chocolate to watch a game ? Even if you don't drink beer , isn't salted snack fgood more acceptable ? You'd never catch a Hab Fan with chocolate at a game, nor a Bruin Fan for that matter. Am I overreacting here ? Don't we have to draw the line somewhere ?
funny story

best hockey food for me is pizza or nachos

and back to the thread here...the reason why "Mother Tucker" is supposedly not a wus is because he's a maple leaf, all the "respectable" journalists (cough cough) are from toronto...just connect the dots. They would bash one of their own now would they?

Lewis63 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:30 AM
  #10
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Since we're entering the Leaf zone here, I thought I'd tell you what I saw last night.
About 6.30, I told my wife, I'd run a few errands for her in the nearest village, about 10kms. away. I finished what I had to do and stopped at a convenience store for something. [porn] I noticed a guy in line in front of me. He looked a bit like Tie Domi, or at least what Domi would look like if he retained water for a month or two. He bought 2 chocolate bars and a giant Pepsi bottle. When I paid for my stuff, I noticed keys on the counter and told the young lady, I'd bring them to the guy. [who incidentally lives about 300 yards from the store and should have been walking.] I brought him his keys and he said "Thanks I'm in a hurry to get home for the game" I told him, "Wait a minute, you're not a Leaf Fan are you ?' He repled,"Yeah Bigtime" I told him that if I'd known I'd have left the keys inside. He laughed,I laughed and we went our separate directions. What kind of fan buys chocolate to watch a game ? Even if you don't drink beer , isn't salted snack fgood more acceptable ? You'd never catch a Hab Fan with chocolate at a game, nor a Bruin Fan for that matter. Am I overreacting here ? Don't we have to draw the line somewhere ?
Im a chocalate man myself. Maybe living in Toronto has changed my habits into those of them Laffs.

Of course a drink once in a while is also just as good!

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:32 AM
  #11
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Tucker is a Claude Lemeiux wanna be, no doubt about it! Now, on to the snack story, it's gotta be BEER, and some Chips or Peanuts for me! Gotta go to the Beer store right now!!! Go Habs Go!!!

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:35 AM
  #12
Killer 93
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Tucker left the game last night. That must have all been part of his act.

Face it, Tucker has never done anything like Riberio did.

Killer 93 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:35 AM
  #13
D-NoY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
I have an other question for you....
Why, when the game is out of reach for the leafs, it's official that Domi will do a sheap shot ?? (last night, he slammed the head of Leschychyn in the board...)

D-NoY is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:36 AM
  #14
Killer 93
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-NoY
I have an other question for you....
Why, when the game is out of reach for the leafs, it's official that Domi will do a sheap shot ?? (last night, he slammed the head of Leschychyn in the board...)
You do know that Mr.T is a Leafs fan don't you?

Killer 93 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
  #15
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Im a chocalate man myself. Maybe living in Toronto has changed my habits into those of them Laffs.

Of course a drink once in a while is also just as good!
I guess chocolate covered peanuts would be acceptable but if I were you I'd get therapy.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:40 AM
  #16
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Some people are just pathetic.


leafaholix* is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:40 AM
  #17
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I guess chocolate covered peanuts would be acceptable but if I were you I'd get therapy.

Yes i have thought about this, but where do i go. Remember i live in TO.

I dont think theres any hope though, my whole damn family except me is a bunch of leaf fans.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:51 AM
  #18
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender
Tucker left the game last night. That must have all been part of his act.
...
I agree, but don't you think that's taking it too far?

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:52 AM
  #19
Killer 93
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
I agree, but don't you think that's taking it too far?
Why can't you just accept what Riberio did instead of going "Look at Tucker!, Look at Tucker!!"

That is all this thread is here for.

Killer 93 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:53 AM
  #20
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
I agree, but don't you think that's taking it too far?
Maybe it was for precautionary reason like Sundin. To be honest Tucker is a dirty player sometimes(i watch almost all leaf games-live in to), but he doesnt "act" imo like others do, and im not gona say Ribs, because that whole situation is very debatable.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:54 AM
  #21
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Leaf Defender]Why can't you just accept what Riberio did instead of going "Look at Tucker!, Look at Tucker!!"

That is all this thread is here for.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:55 AM
  #22
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Some people are just pathetic.


yup, some people are just pathetic.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:57 AM
  #23
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Some people are just pathetic.

Agreed. It's pretty sad that they bring up Tucker's name into Ribeiro's mess.

Epoch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 09:58 AM
  #24
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Did Ribeiro get 2 the other night ? Helluva mess.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:00 AM
  #25
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender
Why can't you just accept what Riberio did instead of going "Look at Tucker!, Look at Tucker!!"

Why does the fact that people don't like Tucker (or the Leafs) bother you so much?

habfan4 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.