HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quote of the Day

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Quote of the Day

"It's your job to worry about that. So you do the worrying and we'll do the playing," he said. "I'm sick of this because you're like everybody else. If you want to run scared, if you want to be scared, fine. This is a new team and we're not going to run and hide from it."

Ken Hitchcock addressing the media about the past 2000 experience. Soemthing tells me that they aren't going to make it go to 6, Hitchcock will want to finish this Saturday, and i think they will. On Sportsnet yesterday they showed a clip of an elephant getting tailored with a Flyers jersey, i'm guessing he/she will be there for Game 5 at the Wachovia Center. Now answer me this, how can we lose when we have AN ELEPHANT AT THE ARENA WITH A FLYERS JERSEY SUPPORTING THE TEAM?
I'm way confident about this game, I just got a great feeling like I haven't had before with the boyz. Hopefully they can repeat the performance they had in Philly for game 7 with the Leafs last year.....kill them from the beginning on.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
"It's your job to worry about that. So you do the worrying and we'll do the playing," he said. "I'm sick of this because you're like everybody else. If you want to run scared, if you want to be scared, fine. This is a new team and we're not going to run and hide from it."

Ken Hitchcock addressing the media about the past 2000 experience. Soemthing tells me that they aren't going to make it go to 6, Hitchcock will want to finish this Saturday, and i think they will. On Sportsnet yesterday they showed a clip of an elephant getting tailored with a Flyers jersey, i'm guessing he/she will be there for Game 5 at the Wachovia Center. Now answer me this, how can we lose when we have AN ELEPHANT AT THE ARENA WITH A FLYERS JERSEY SUPPORTING THE TEAM?
I'm way confident about this game, I just got a great feeling like I haven't had before with the boyz. Hopefully they can repeat the performance they had in Philly for game 7 with the Leafs last year.....kill them from the beginning on.
Circus is at The Spectrum!

Old
04-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Circus is at The Spectrum!
Aha! That's too bad, I was counting on seeing the elephant in the stands :lol

Old
04-16-2004, 12:00 PM
tytech

No way we will be as hungry as them. the fourth game is hardest to win because the other team faces elmination. However, just like in three of the four games thus far we need to score fast and early. In an all or nothing game like Jersey is facing that will take the wind completely out of their sails. We can relax a little play or system and let our home ice in game 5 do it's thing. No way this team will lose in Philly to Jersey, with or without Stevens.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Do you mean the guy who fell through the penalty box glass onto Domi???

Old
04-16-2004, 12:58 PM
donelikedinner

maybe the elephant will get some time on the penalty kill. if he just sat in front of esche he'd block most shots. then on the pp, he could stand in front of brodeur.

go elephant!

Old
04-16-2004, 01:22 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
No way we will be as hungry as them. the fourth game is hardest to win because the other team faces elmination. However, just like in three of the four games thus far we need to score fast and early. In an all or nothing game like Jersey is facing that will take the wind completely out of their sails. We can relax a little play or system and let our home ice in game 5 do it's thing. No way this team will lose in Philly to Jersey, with or without Stevens.
Depends on the team. Some teams will give up and quit; though the Devils are hardly going to go down without a fight.

Old
04-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
This will no doubt be a huge game for our boys. We need to start with intensity and keep momentum all game long. Seal off the inside of our zone and keep the shots coming from the perimeter. Clear out bodies in front of Esche, especially guys like Gionta and Rasmussen. Bigger guys like Malakhov and Ragnarsson need to get position down low and tie up the man in the crease if they can't move them. Offensively, we need to drive the net hard, funnel shots from the inside and cycle the puck down low to tire out the Devs d-men. Don't let Primeau see anything and keep the puck moving with speed and creativity. Keep shoot-ins away from Brodeur and get in front of his sightlines whenever possible.

Old
04-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Teezax

I agree, if we keep within our system, we will frustrate them and the'll get anxious and nervous on their attacks leading to giveaways and odd man rushes for us. We must be patient though, we have been succesful getting the first goal in the first 4 games which i thought would never happen, but if they can manage to do the same thing on Saturday, that will knock any momentum they might have stirred up. The first goal in this game is going to be the most important goal in this series, who is going to be the hero??

Old
04-16-2004, 02:33 PM
tytech

Quote:
I agree, if we keep within our system, we will frustrate them and the'll get anxious and nervous on their attacks leading to giveaways and odd man rushes for us. We must be patient though, we have been succesful getting the first goal in the first 4 games which i thought would never happen, but if they can manage to do the same thing on Saturday, that will knock any momentum they might have stirred up. The first goal in this game is going to be the most important goal in this series, who is going to be the hero??

That's what I was saying in my thread. We score in the first, in Philly with Jersey facing elimination, the debs are all but done. I hope it's Leclair that gets the one in the first. Old fashion too. On the pp parked infront and either Recchi or Handzus feeds him from the goal line. That would be sweet. Brodeur is smart so he might be waiting for that crossing pass so we just let Recchi roof it over him. I would be fine with that too.

Old
04-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:

On sports center the elephant getting the "jersey" put on it was the lead in clip to the top ten plays of the day. They said "maybe the worst dress coach in hockey will make the list." I think thats kinda funny but they should relize that he has lost a lot of weight.

Closed Thread