HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pho/edm

Old
12-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Salim786

vCash: 500
Pho/edm

Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal (a VERY respected sports writer in the HHOF) wrote recently that the Coyotes are making it known that Mueller is available. In that light,

PHO:
Alex Plante
Milan Kytnar

EDM:
Peter Mueller

People have a very valid argument when they say the Oilers roster is full of underachievers such as Cogliano, O'Sullivan, but bottom line is that we're not competing for Lord Stanley anytime soon. Mueller is still very very young and can still become the top 6 forward he was slated to be when he was drafted; playing on the Coyotes may be a hinderance for him as well. This cannot hurt the Oilers aside from taking playing time away from Ethan Moreau :O

Alex Plante is a solid stay at home defenseman who's playing well on a bad Springfield team right now; and Kytnar should develop into a solid 3rd liner in the NHL one day. Phoenix gets two solid unspectacular prospects for an underachieving young forward.

Let me know what y'all think !

Salim786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:01 PM
FoxMulder91*

Why would the Coyotes have interest in Kytnar?
Im sure they have enough similar prospects.

FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:12 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal (a VERY respected sports writer in the HHOF) wrote recently that the Coyotes are making it known that Mueller is available. In that light,

PHO:
Alex Plante
Milan Kytnar

EDM:
Peter Mueller

People have a very valid argument when they say the Oilers roster is full of underachievers such as Cogliano, O'Sullivan, but bottom line is that we're not competing for Lord Stanley anytime soon. Mueller is still very very young and can still become the top 6 forward he was slated to be when he was drafted; playing on the Coyotes may be a hinderance for him as well. This cannot hurt the Oilers aside from taking playing time away from Ethan Moreau :O

Alex Plante is a solid stay at home defenseman who's playing well on a bad Springfield team right now; and Kytnar should develop into a solid 3rd liner in the NHL one day. Phoenix gets two solid unspectacular prospects for an underachieving young forward.

Let me know what y'all think !
Phoenix doesn't need to move Mueller for prospects. He's 21 and struggling, but no need to give up on him yet as your proposal seems to do. If someone values his upside and is willing to deal Phoenix a player(s) reflecting that upside, Phoenix may bite.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:14 PM
oilerfan17

Plante + Kytnar is a pretty dismal offer for a player of Mueller's caliber. Just because he's available doesn't mean that they're giving him away.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:29 PM
oil country 83

mueller for pho choice of osullian/nillson or cogs.we gain some size phoenix gets some skill back.

oil country 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:45 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Phoenix has no reason to do it unless there is no possible way the Mueller doesn't net us at least some kind of roster player. We have more than enough prospects, why would we trade for more that would frankly be way down on the depth chart?

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:47 PM
nullmeatbag

I think a Mueller for Cogliano or O'Sullivan deal (straight up) is more likely.

nullmeatbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:17 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Edmonton isn't trading Alex Plante any time soon sry.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:34 AM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
You really think they wouldn't trade Plante for Mueller?

Old
12-02-2009, 04:21 AM
FoxMulder91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
lol, the Coyotes would want more then just Plante and this other prospect for Mueller.

FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal (a VERY respected sports writer in the HHOF) wrote recently that the Coyotes are making it known that Mueller is available.
Link?
Quote:
PHO:
Alex Plante
Milan Kytnar

EDM:
Peter Mueller
Terrible offer. Just terrible.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Cogliano for Mueller sounds pretty fair to me. If not, a mid round pick or mid-level prospect can be added from either side.

I know it's a statement that's over used, but in this case it happens to be quite true: both guys need a change in scenery pretty bad.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Cogliano for Mueller sounds pretty fair to me. If not, a mid round pick or mid-level prospect can be added from either side.

I know it's a statement that's over used, but in this case it happens to be quite true: both guys need a change in scenery pretty bad.
Such a trade would certainly make some sense.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Skelator 786*

moreau + staios should get the job done

Skelator 786* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:13 PM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator 786 View Post
And why would Phoenix do this? Mueller is a really solid player. His numbers aren't spectacular this year, but that isn't indicative of what he's capable of.

Old
12-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I bleed oil

i think that would be a great trade

I bleed oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 50
Edmonton will be looking to move higher priced players, not trading away young prospects.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I bleed oil

what about robert neilson for kyle turris

I bleed oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:42 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator 786* View Post

dude are u on cheap drugs?

no that does not get the deal done!

I am an oiler fan I those two players are scrubs and heading down hill

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed oil View Post
what about robert neilson for kyle turris
What about Brian Boyle for Sam Gagner?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
And why would Phoenix do this? Mueller is a really solid player. His numbers aren't spectacular this year, but that isn't indicative of what he's capable of.
He's only solid if he gets soft minutes. Not saying he's a bust or doesnt have potential, but he has done nothing to say he's a solid player

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

i would do Mueller straight up for Cogs, or if it came down to it, Mueller and a pick and/or prospect

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:26 PM
alphahelix

No offence, I AM an oilers fan so I will put that out there...

But why wouldn't Phoenix want to do Staios + Moreau for Mueller?

Honestly, we like to hate on these 2 guys a lot in Edmonton but there is no doubt that they are competent contributors in specific roles and they are strong leaders with playoff experience who play a physical brand of hockey.

Given the situation that PHX's franchise is in, wouldn't this actually be a pretty good move for them? This is the kind of move that might get them into the playoffs. It might not look spectacular or have marquee names in the mix, but when you subtract a non-contributor (Mueller just hasn't put it together yet), for these 2.... I think you increase your chances substantially. Now, maybe there is a move out there much better for Phoenix in the long term.... but I'm willing to bet management would consider this.

Am I completely off base?? I know Mueller has really high expectations attached to him, but if they're going to move him.... ? Thoughts?

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:31 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post

Honestly, we like to hate on these 2 guys a lot in Edmonton but there is no doubt that they are competent contributors in specific roles and they are strong leaders with playoff experience who play a physical brand of hockey.

Given the situation that PHX's franchise is in, wouldn't this actually be a pretty good move for them? This is the kind of move that might get them into the playoffs. It might not look spectacular or have marquee names in the mix, but when you subtract a non-contributor (Mueller just hasn't put it together yet), for these 2.... I think you increase your chances substantially. Now, maybe there is a move out there much better for Phoenix in the long term.... but I'm willing to bet management would consider this.

Am I completely off base?? I know Mueller has really high expectations attached to him, but if they're going to move him.... ? Thoughts?
I doubt the coyotes want to pay 2 million this season and next for a bottom 6 player like Moreau and 2.7 million for this season and next for a 36 year old bottom pairing dman. Would you trade Cogliano for Aucoin and Fiddler?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:43 PM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post

Because it doesn't make us better. The last thing we need is redundant depth players with little offense, and our defense depth is fine. We have depth, we lack current top end talent. Neither Staois nor Moreau provide this. Mueller, currently playing bad or not, may actually produce offensively. Theres FAR better ways to spend the money that this would require us taking on.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote