HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Sharp to Canucks

Old
12-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
[QUOTE=dmacgreg37;22462008]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Not unlike the Sedins Patrick Sharp was a late bloomer. It's not like he's sprinkled bad seasons in with the good. The 3 good years you're refering to have been the past 3 years. Going by that trend and the fact he's just entering the prime of his career it's safe to assume he'll have a very good 5-6 years ahead of him.
What do you think the odds are of getting a better player than Patrick Sharp with a mid to late 1st round pick? I'm guessing not very good.

In that regard, he's nothing like the Sedins. The Sedins were putting up as many points as 21 year olds as Sharp did as a 26 year old. He was a "late bloomer" much later than the Sedins. And just because he's coming into his own skills later does not make it safe to assume that he will have another good 5-6 years ahead of him, it just means that he missed out on some good younger years. Besides that, his best 2 seasons were a 62 point season and a season where he was on pace for around 60 when he was injured.

I understand he's a solid PK and a decent player on the PP, but as for getting a better player than P. Sharp for a mid-to-late 1st rounder, if it's true that we can't, then I'd hold on to that pick, b/c Patrick Sharp just isn't worth that.
To be fair to Sharp he was in Ken Hitchcock's doghouse his 1st 2 1/2 years in league. When he was 24 he finally got away from that idiot and ever since then he has improved every year as a Hawk

As for this discussion we are not trading Sharp to you guys after year

I wouldn't be against moving Versteeg to the Canucks after year

Versteeg for Schneider and your 1st in 2010 or 2011

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 05:50 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

As for this discussion we are not trading Sharp to you guys after year

I wouldn't be against moving Versteeg to the Canucks after year

Versteeg for Schneider and your 1st in 2010 or 2011
that's an overpayment for Versteeg.

I can't see the Canucks having much interest in him really... he's making over $3mill, and doesn't really address a positional need for the Canucks... is $3mill really worth adding him over a top-6 winger we already have, considering it's probably the deepest position on the team?

I wouldn't part with a 1st rounder to add a player that we don't really need.

and generally speaking, salary dumps don't return 1st rounders and top prospects the other way... and every team knows that the Hawks will be in salary dumping mode in the offseason... I think you're looking more at a 2nd rounder and a lower level prospect for a guy like Versteeg, not a 1st and a top prospect.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:30 AM
billvanseattle

vCash: 500
I don't see Chicago signing Sharp to trade him.

Canucks have a pretty good team right now with a ton of talent coming on the forward lines

billvanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote