HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

World Junior Championships

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
If guys like Cormier, Josefson, Henrique, the other kid we traded for who I believe plays at Colgate and this kid pan out, we have a nice future down the middle.
David McIntyre.

And yes, we are looking good down the middle in the future. At wing too. This past draft addressed our lack of depth in system at D. So for this upcoming draft, I would expect Lou to pick up at least one goalie, because that's really the only area of significant weakness in the system.

Old
12-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
David McIntyre.

And yes, we are looking good down the middle in the future. At wing too. This past draft addressed our lack of depth in system at D. So for this upcoming draft, I would expect Lou to pick up at least one goalie, because that's really the only area of significant weakness in the system.
We could still use an elite defenseman prospect.

Old
12-02-2009, 12:52 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
If guys like Cormier, Josefson, Henrique, the other kid we traded for who I believe plays at Colgate and this kid pan out, we have a nice future down the middle.
Zajac (24 years old)
Josefson (18 years old)
Cormier (19 years old)
Henrique (19 years old)

That's the future for our squad down the middle... pretty impressive if you ask me !!!

Old
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
That's true. I'd like to see Lou pick a defenceman in the first round, trading up if necessary to get the man we want.

We haven't had success picking a goalie in the first round since Marty. We may want to take a late round flier on an underrated goalie, or even sign one from college. Whichever way Lou chooses to do it, it's an area we need to improve upon. I'm not sold Frazee is the future.

Old
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
In this years draft, the talent is kind of limited for defensemens... unfortunatly. That's why I wouldn't mind trading our 1st round pick this year cause I doubt Lou will select a goaltender in the 1st round and our prospect pool on offense is pretty stacked at the moment.

Old
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
I'm hoping we can land one from where we pick, or perhaps move up a few slots. We've been pretty active in recent drafts as far as moving around goes.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:10 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That '08 looks great at this point.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
That '08 looks great at this point.
Especially trading down twice and still getting our man in Tedenby. Washington gave us their second that year, getting us Cormier and Burlon from the second round. Minnesota gave us their third this year, which ended up being Urbom. It also allowed us to trade our own third to Calgary to move up and get Josefson. If they all pan out as projected from their performance so far, brilliant job by Lou, Conte, and co.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Do we have/or lose a extra draft pick this year with the trades we made last year ?!?!?

Old
12-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Do we have/or lose a extra draft pick this year with the trades we made last year ?!?!?
No, not yet.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Brodeur

Anybody been watching Michigan this year? I was able to watch a handful of games last year and Wohlberg looked pretty good playing with Blues' prospect Aaron Palushaj. Wohlberg got off to a slow start this year (possibly because Palushaj turned pro) but it seems like his production has picked up lately. I think Wohlberg was also nursing a knee injury during the summer Team USA camp, so maybe he's finally at 100%. I seemed to remember Wohlberg playing LW with Sens prospect Louie Caparusso at center, but I could be wrong.

Old
12-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Comparison Ford
i got a star

Quote:
I think this year we will see it. We already passed on Carlson and Moore (albeit for good players). I know we usually draft BPA, but we really need a elite defenseman prospect to be drafted seeing how the likes of Eckford, Fraser, and Corrente are all going to be graduating in the near future. Burlon is the closest thing we have to one, but I see him coming out as a mid pairing defenseman.

What defenseman prospects look good for this coming draft? I know it is a weak(er) one than the last couple from what people have said or heard on the prospects board.

Old
12-02-2009, 02:21 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
If Pysyk started to slip I'd move up and grab him. There aren't many great d-men like in previous drafts..

Old
12-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Our system has pretty good depth at every position except goalie. I would say it would be smart to trade up for a highly rated defenceman if possible, and then use our mid round picks to draft a few goalies with decent potential to fulfil the organisational need.

Old
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Comparison Ford
i got a star

Quote:
Our system has pretty good depth at every position except goalie. I would say it would be smart to trade up for a highly rated defenceman if possible, and then use our mid round picks to draft a few goalies with decent potential to fulfil the organisational need.
Gormely would be amazing, but I think a more realistic possibility would be Jon Merril if we traded up.

Old
12-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
Gormely would be amazing, but I think a more realistic possibility would be Jon Merril if we traded up.
Gormley is really good, but right now he's projected to be a top 10-15 pick, which we are unlikely to have. Never know though, we could slip, or he could slip in the intervening months.

Old
12-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Comparison Ford
i got a star

Quote:
Gormley is really good, but right now he's projected to be a top 10-15 pick, which we are unlikely to have. Never know though, we could slip, or he could slip in the intervening months.
Unfortunately he probably won't because he is one of the few bright spots in a weak defenseman draft.

le sigh.

Old
12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

So, looking at the Canadian line prediction thread on the Prospects board, the consensus seems to be that Henrique will play on the third line (either at wing or centre), and could potentially stay with his Windsor linemate, Taylor Hall.

Cormier will probably be centring the fourth line, and will likely play with Stefan Della Rovere, another returning player from last year. They both play a very physical game, and will be an elite checking line.

Old
12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
David McIntyre.

That's the kid. Thank you.

Old
12-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
That's true. I'd like to see Lou pick a defenceman in the first round, trading up if necessary to get the man we want.

We haven't had success picking a goalie in the first round since Marty. We may want to take a late round flier on an underrated goalie, or even sign one from college. Whichever way Lou chooses to do it, it's an area we need to improve upon. I'm not sold Frazee is the future.
I agree. Defense first and maybe another goalie prospect. It couldn't hurt.

Old
12-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Niedermayer21

We will always have veterans at every position. If we can build up a bigger prospect pool, we can always trade a kid for the veteran we need come playoff time.

Thank God Lou didn't deal Andy Greene for Havelid. Salmela was bad enough, but trading Greene would have been a disaster!

As good as Tedenby might be, we were so close to drafting Mike Del Zotto. Lou can use picks and prospects to move up.

We will draft the best available player, but we should try to get a stud defenseman and hope to grab a goalie who can challenge Frazee in the future.

It is all a crapshoot. But it is good to see some of our prospects coming through!

Old
12-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I'd like to say, I hope that Josefson becomes a physical two way player, so we can call him the Bromma Bull.

Old
12-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Well at least I guess I have three teams to root for due to our prospects.

Of course first is team USA, second Sweden and third Canada. Would be cool to see another country win since Team Canada wins every year. But, I'll only root against them when playing the USA.

Old
12-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Well at least I guess I have three teams to root for due to our prospects.

Of course first is team USA, second Sweden and third Canada. Would be cool to see another country win since Team Canada wins every year. But, I'll only root against them when playing the USA.
I wouldn't be so sure Canada is going to win. The Swedes have a very good team this year.

I think my "rooting order" is US, Canada, and then Sweden. In any case, I'm hoping our guys do well.

Old
12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
lucscaps

cormier and henrique have both survived the first round of canadian cuts

Closed Thread