HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MacIntyre waived again by Florida

Old
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
MacIntyre waived again by Florida

Ok MacIntyre was sent to the Amerks today. With no Brashear and no toughness at all do the Rangers look into this? Brashear is out once again and with the team not saying why and him refusing at least 2 challenges vs Godard do the Rangers Claim the now toughest guy in Hockey ?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:20 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

How do we make it works? We are at the ceiling in term of contracts and cap wise.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
beastly115

Why? I thought we had enough toughness with Drury, Kotalik, and Rozsival.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pwoz

Can he actually play defense?

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheyareGonnaGO

I'd be up for it. At least this team would be entertaining to watch.

TheyareGonnaGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Can he actually play defense?
No not even at a AHL level. Grab MacIntyre waive Voros. safe cap and get Voros out of getting his nightly beating

Old
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

If we are going to throw **** against the wall and see what sticks, I'd rather it be with offensive players with upside or guys that can play defense.

Stocking the team with worthless goons is literally the last thing this team needs

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post
I love his flaws description on his profile at THN. "Lacks the ability to play a regular shift in the NHL"
Sounds a lot like Voros , Brashear , Lisin and Rosie at this point

Old
12-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post
I love his flaws description on his profile at THN. "Lacks the ability to play a regular shift in the NHL"
Thats pretty hilarious, not gonna lie. Brutal honesty.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:26 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
No not even at a AHL level. Grab MacIntyre waive Voros. safe cap and get Voros out of getting his nightly beating
I agree. Brashear hasn't done anything so far so might as well bring in MacIntyre and waive Voros to make room. It's what people call 'killing 2 birds with 1 stone'.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Smoochie

I think Slats should claim him we need this guy more than Christensen who I'm not a big fan of.

Smoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
tlallstar6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Why? I thought we had enough toughness with Drury, Kotalik, and Rozsival.
hahahah love it

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Vitto79

no pt. Just let Voros get punched in the head for a few more games then waive him when Brashear comes back

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

MacIntyre would actually enforce, rather than do whatever it is Brashear is doing. But the Rangers need more sandpaper than just a lone enforcer can provide,

Their bottom 6 is basically just guys that can't hack it in the top 6, kind of like the late 90's Pens. One of the overlooked things that Shero did was make the Pens bottom 6 legit again.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Levitate

there's kind of a reason he keeps getting waived.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
MacIntyre would actually enforce, rather than do whatever it is Brashear is doing. But the Rangers need more sandpaper than just a lone enforcer can provide,

Their bottom 6 is basically just guys that can't hack it in the top 6, kind of like the late 90's Pens. One of the overlooked things that Shero did was make the Pens bottom 6 legit again.
The bottom 6 isn't the problem, we have way too many 3rd and 4th liners on this team.

The top 6 is the issue, we have 3rd liners being put in a bigger role than they should be.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:26 PM
pwoz

Why is Lisin in the doghouse? He was fine, until the foot injury...

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
The bottom 6 isn't the problem, we have way too many 3rd and 4th liners on this team.

The top 6 is the issue, we have 3rd liners being put in a bigger role than they should be.
The problem is the bottom 6 really on this team should 9 -10-11 forwards on good teams

Old
12-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Why? Seriously, but why? It isn't as if having Orr on the team won games for the Rangers that they aren't winning now, or prevented teams from taking cheap shots at Rangers players. He didn't help the team win hockey games or prevent the other team taking runs at the Rangers.

Why would people expect that bringing in yet another tough guy who can't skate or play hockey could change anything?

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Nick00

Still wouldn't solve the larger issue of team toughness.
Couldn't hurt though.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post

There are a lot of guys that are on the 3rd and 4th line because they don't fit into the top 6, but they aren't really suited for that role. Christensen will be another guy that ends up slotted into a bottom 6 role when he isn't cut out for it.

They need more bottom 6ers that can wear down the opposition with hard forechecking and physical play.

As for MacIntyre, I wouldn't say he's the toughest in the league. Godard tko'd him and broke his orbital bone last year. But he'd be more pro-active than Brashear.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:08 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I really don't think that having one goon does anything.

The Rangers always have one goon, who always sucks, and we always face the same problem. IMO the reason for that is because the rest of the team is soft. So, when Brashear isn't getting his 4 minutes of ice time a game, and Gaborik is getting into it in front of the net, no one is there to protect him.

The Rangers need grit up and down the line up, not online on one crappy 4th liner. If you have a gritty lineup, a goon is fine. If you have a soft lineup, a goon hardly does anything, because a soft team means they rely on finesse to win, so the goon can't get a lot of ice time.

What the team needs is grit, not a goon. Not just 4th liners who suck. Voros sucks, and he sucks at fighting. Brashear sucks, and he's old, and doesn't do anything. Who else on this team fights? Callahan if he has to, but he's a light-middle weight. Dubinsky sometimes, but he's the same. Gilroy? Yeah, that worked out great. I give him credit, but when Gilroy has to be the one sticking up for teammates, you know it's bad.

How about we get a legit power forward? (I know this is easier said than done, so I'm posing this rhetorically). A guy like Shanahan in his prime is what we need, someone who can score, and who can kick some ass if needed. A guy like Roenick, or Iginla, or Lindros. It doesn't even have to be someone as skilled as that, but someone who can be a legit second liner, and whoop some ass.

Goons are useless when no one else on the team will fight when Gaborik is getting hammered in front of the net. This team is soft as hell, and there's nothing about it. Not only are we not skilled, but we're not strong. That's a bad mixture. We have some good pieces in place for sure, but we need some bruising second line players, not crappy 4th liner fighters.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I really don't think that having one goon does anything.

The Rangers always have one goon, who always sucks, and we always face the same problem. IMO the reason for that is because the rest of the team is soft. So, when Brashear isn't getting his 4 minutes of ice time a game, and Gaborik is getting into it in front of the net, no one is there to protect him.
Exactly! Brashear is never going to be on the ice the same time as Gaborik. But if they had a Getzlaf-type on the top line, with size and skill and willingness to drop the gloves, that would be an improvement.

Quote:
How about we get a legit power forward? (I know this is easier said than done, so I'm posing this rhetorically). A guy like Shanahan in his prime is what we need, someone who can score, and who can kick some ass if needed. A guy like Roenick, or Iginla, or Lindros. It doesn't even have to be someone as skilled as that, but someone who can be a legit second liner, and whoop some ass.
This is EXACTLY the type of player we need. The 4th line barely sees the ice in a Tortorella-run team. This team hasn't had a power forward in their prime since Messier (and even he was on the wrong side of 30 when the Rangers acquired him). A power forward who plays in the top 6 fulfills our team needs of toughness AND scoring.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Rangerfans

I think we have far more important things to worry about. Things like:

-Secondary scoring.
-Defensive toughness.
-Team identity.

These things come to mind. Not getting another enforcer.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Dagoon44

we don't have one.