HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Deadline Hawks/Ducks

Old
12-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Hawksfan2828

vCash: 500
Deadline Hawks/Ducks

If the Ducks are out of playoff contention at the deadline, they could really use this opportunity to replenish the pipeline.

To Ducks
Brian Campbell
2010 1st Round
2010 2nd Round
Jack Skille [NHL ready RFA]
Igor Markov [NHL ready RFA]

To Hawks
Teemu Selanne
Scott Niedermayer
George Parros

I think its overpayment from the Hawks side but imagine the Hawks going into the playoffs with Nieds and Selanne.

Flame away...

Last edited by Hawksfan2828: 12-03-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Barbadian91
Evgeny Kuznetsov

This would be insane
Make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 6
Teemu Selane - Johnathan Toews - Marian Hossa
Patrick Sharp - David Bolland - Patrick Kane

Top 4

Duncan Kieth - Brent Seabrook
Scott Niedermayer - Cam Barker

Barbadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

good proposal.

sounds fair for both.

but why parros? this is the only piece which not fits.

you can add Hiller and Ladd (but this is just dreaming)

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps fan 19 View Post
This would be insane
Make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 6
Teemu Selane - Johnathan Toews - Marian Hossa
Patrick Sharp - David Bolland - Patrick Kane

Top 4

Thats batshiznit crazy .... It would be an awesome thing to see. Not to mention the Hawks could use a guy like Parros whos primary skill is bashing other players. The Hawks haven't had a real enforcer since Koci left.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
good proposal.

sounds fair for both.

but why parros? this is the only piece which not fits.

you can add Hiller and Ladd (but this is just dreaming)
The Hawks need a guy who likes to bash other guys and is good at it.

Enforcers play a role as well and the Hawks just dont have a guy who is an actual enforcer.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Talentless Practise*

Make the picks 2010 1st & 2nd rounders and i ask Teemu if he'd like another crack at a cup.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Hawksfan2828

The best part of a deal like this is the Hawks can keep everybody they currently have and they will have cap room in the off season to get a few players resigned... All the Hawks lose from their currant roster is Campbell but they add Selanne and Nieds which makes them obviously better now..

Old
12-03-2009, 07:36 AM
wej20

I'm not sure if Anaheim will be looking to add Brian Campbell they already have a puck mover who isn't too hot defensively (Whitney).

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

campbell and Anaheim is a thing, that i always have in mind. but will he waive his NTC for Anaheim... he wants to be near his hometown

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:27 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
If the Ducks are out of playoff contention at the deadline, they could really use this opportunity to replenish the pipeline.

To Ducks
Brian Campbell
2010 1st Round
2010 2nd Round

To Hawks
Teemu Selanne
Scott Niedermayer
George Parros

I think its overpayment from the Hawks side but imagine the Hawks going into the playoffs with Nieds and Selanne.

Flame away...
It's Makarov, and there is no indication that he's NHL ready. Ducks will probably want another draft pick. Twisting another team's arm to take on Campbell's contract is always dicey.

Other than that, not bad...

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:28 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps fan 19 View Post
Top 4

Hjalms is top 4 instead of Barker. Heck, Hjalms is top 3 right now in front of Campbell if you ask me.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:46 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:

To Ducks
Brian Campbell
2010 1st Round
2010 2nd Round

To Hawks
Teemu Selanne
Scott Niedermayer
George Parros

Flame away...
Wow. Kudos. With all these players involved it's easy to have an initial reaction to poo poo a trade like this. But it sort of makes sense for both sides.

Chicago absolutely loads up for this year with two studs with expiring contracts and frees up some cap space for next year. They'd be a downright scary matchup come playoff time in the West.

Anaheim gets two picks in a loaded draft, two decent prospects, and a guy that gets crushed around here because of his contract (campbell), but is still a high level offensive defenseman.

Chicago might have to include one more mid-level prospect (Joe Lavin, Ben Smith) to the trade, but it's a move that makes decent sense. FWIW, Campbell is brutal defensively, but he's still an elite offensive defenseman despite his contract.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:02 AM
EbonyRaptor

As a Hawks fan - I make this trade because (1) it doesn't hurt our run at the Cup this year (actually makes us better IMO), and (2) offloads Campbell's contract which helps future cap situation.

BUT ... there are two reasons this trade is improbable. (1) Campbell has a NTC and would need to approve the trade (and I think Nieds has a NTC also), and (2) I doubt Anaheim wants any part of the remaining years of Campbell's contract (7.1x6).

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:32 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

If the Ducks can stomach Campbell's contract, I think this would be good for both teams. I would even think that the Hawks should add a little more.

Man, thats a scary hawks lineup for this year's playoffs.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Kamal007
#leak4Jlaw

vCash: 50
If this trade went down, I think both teams would win but Hawks would win the Stanley Cup this year.

Kamal007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Sneekypete

Not bad , assuming Anaheim does not mind sucking up Campbells contract.
This would give Anaheim 3 1st round picks and 2 seconds.
Assuming they continue on there path this season. They could take a run at Hall or Seguin and trade back up to the top 10 for another studd prospect during the draft.

IMO Chicago wins by immediately becoming serious contenders and Anaheim gets a huge jumpstart on a rebuild. So in the long run both teams are looking at a winning deal.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
I'm normally opposed to seeing Teemu get traded again, but if a deal like this were to pop up, I would seriously consider it. Campbell's contract is huge though, and we have another offensive minded d-man who has a growing amount of frustrated fans on his case almost nightly. However Campbell seems to be better in the offensive zone than Whitney is, or at least the few times I've seen Chicago play. That contract though, more than anything I think, would be the sticking point.

Other than that, if I'm Murray and the Ducks are out of it, I would at least consider this. It would be an excellent chance to quickly rebuild the team.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Change Makarov to a 1st or Aliu as I dont think Ducks would want him

I also dont see why Perros would come to Hawks. We dont need him

So aside from those 2 things which dont work I would be happy as a Hawk fan

And how would you convince Campbell?

He has a limited NTC and last I recall he doesn't want to play West of the Rockies

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Talentless Practise*

I don't really see the similarity with Campbell and Whitney. Nevermind the difference in size (6-4 vs. 5-11), Whitney is all about the breakout pass while Campbell does his thing on his skating ability. Besides, you need more than one puckmover on a team.

I would try to squeeze Brouwer in the deal somehow if Chicago came calling about a deal like this. Maybe instead of CHI adding a mid pick or decent prospect, we take out Makarov and the 2nd and add Brouwer.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

He has a limited NTC and last I recall he doesn't want to play West of the Rockies
The Ducks potentially would be a force in 3-4 years again if they were wise and had a bit of luck on their side drafting. Like a previous poster said, a deal like this could give the Ducks the assets required to make a deal and get a top 3 overall pick in next years draft... They could end up getting a franchise player in Taylor Hall next draft... A deal like this is highly rewarding to both sides.

Parros would be a good add to the Hawks, they need a guy that can really bash people, whos job it is to bash people. Those types of players play a role especially in the playoffs when guys step it up a little.

Nope I wouldn't add or change to Aliu... Well, I would if it would get the deal done but I would be hesitant to do it.

I just hope Stan Bowman reads HF boards..... Get it done .

Old
12-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
The Ducks potentially would be a force in 3-4 years again if they were wise and had a bit of luck on their side drafting. Like a previous poster said, a deal like this could give the Ducks the assets required to make a deal and get a top 3 overall pick in next years draft... They could end up getting a franchise player in Taylor Hall next draft... A deal like this is highly rewarding to both sides.

Parros would be a good add to the Hawks, they need a guy that can really bash people, whos job it is to bash people. Those types of players play a role especially in the playoffs when guys step it up a little.

Nope I wouldn't add or change to Aliu... Well, I would if it would get the deal done but I would be hesitant to do it.

I just hope Stan Bowman reads HF boards..... Get it done .
Fighting is limited in playoffs and Parros would just drag down our 4th line. Eager and Kopecky fit the Hawks because they can skate with this team. Parros can not

He also has no real talent outside of beating people up,,,,,, He would be a waste of a roster spot on Hawks like Laraque is in Montreal

He is fringe player in post clutch and grab NHL

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Snowhawk

Quote:

Maybe you convince Campbell by telling him that if he doesn't accept the deal he will be starring in Rockford for the Icehogs next year, because the Hawks will need to free up cap space.

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:51 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4600
Too be honest i think Anaheim could do equally well or perhaps better in separate deals for Niedermeyer and Selanne. Unless of course they find Campbell attractive at his salary as he is the key piece coming back.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
Maybe you convince Campbell by telling him that if he doesn't accept the deal he will be starring in Rockford for the Icehogs next year, because the Hawks will need to free up cap space.
Thats what I have been saying for moons now.

Campbell has no choice but to take the deal IMO.

He makes 7.5 per because hockey is a business, now since hockey is a business the Hawks cant pander to his needs or trade someone else because he doesn't understand its a business [which he does]..

But I doubt the Hawks and Campbell will end their ties on a bitter note. If a deal like this was done Campbell would go to a team that has plenty of potential to win a cup in the near future...

Old
12-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Fighting is limited in playoffs and Parros would just drag down our 4th line. Eager and Kopecky fit the Hawks because they can skate with this team. Parros can not

He also has no real talent outside of beating people up,,,,,, He would be a waste of a roster spot on Hawks like Laraque is in Montreal

He is fringe player in post clutch and grab NHL
You WAY underestimate what Parros brings to the table just like some underestimated what Madden would bring to the Hawks...

Parros would play a much larger role then anyone could give him credit for now...

Yes fighting and physicality plays a huge role in the playoffs..

I understand what your saying though and I agree 100% that Parros offensively or defensively couldn't hold a candle to any of our 4th liners. This is fact but the game isn't all about scoring goals or shutting other teams down... The Hawks are a tough team no doubt but they lack a real ball buster like Parros...