HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Deadline Hawks/Ducks

Old
12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Go_Krog*

vCash: 500
as soon as i saw brian campbell i stopped reading.

Go_Krog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Nieds is a far superior acquisition for a contender than Hossa. If he's traded he'll fetch at least what Hossa did, probably more.
It depends WHERE and under what system...

Where could you send Nieds and for what?

Your not getting any NHL young stud for him thats for sure... Picks and prospects thats about it....You might get a 3rd liner of no substantial value...

The Hawks have the assets to beat out ANY team thats a contender... The Hawks don't really need picks, none of their prospects is even close to cracking the lineup full time...

The Hawks are set right now...

Selanne is worth about a 2nd + a decent prospect..

Nieds is worth more but not that much, the Ducks would be dreaming if they actually thought they could just get a top 15 pick in next years draft... They'll get a bottom 6d + a 2nd round for him or a 1st and thats it by a bubble playoff team.

The Hawks are the only team to offer overpayment for both but in return the Ducks would have to take Campbell WHOM isnt a bad player..

Last edited by Hawksfan2828: 12-03-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Hawksfan2828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:09 PM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
This trade will not work for salary cap reasons. Chicago would be offloading "only" Campbell's $7.1M salary from their NHL roster and would be getting back over $10M,
which they can not do because they are right at the cap limit now.

I believe the objectives for this proposal are to (1) offload Campbell's contract to help with future salary cap issues, while also (2) not hurting the Hawks chances in their Stanley Cup run this season. Therefore I would like to offer this counter proposal:

To Ducks: Campbell (7.1) + Versteeg (3.1) + Skille (1.1-AHL) + 2011 1st

To Hawks: Nieds (6.75) + Selanne (2.6)

Both Nieds and Selanne would be renta-player UFAs who could go back to the Ducks next season if they chose to do so. The ducks would get an overpriced (but good) PMD, along with a very good young 2-way player (Versteeg) and a potentially good player (Skille) along with one of the top 30 players in the 2011 draft.

The Hawks don't hurt their chances this year and solve their future cap problem.
To be honest, Campbell isn't attractive from an Anaheim standpoint (he's not really attractive to most teams in this league). It's not like the Ducks will be desperate to move Selanne and Nieds to the Hawks. IF they decide to shop them, Bob Murray certainly wouldn't have problems finding suitors. Also, as TP already mentioned, moving both Selanne and Niedermayer in the same deal likely wouldn't be maximizing their value.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Calgary says no. Chicago already owns our *****, no need to make it worse.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
sammyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post

Pretty much anywhere. His cap hit at the deadline will be just about dirt cheap.

Quote:
Your not getting any NHL young stud for him thats for sure... Picks and prospects thats about it....You might get a 3rd liner of no substantial value...
Fail. The standard return for a player of Niedermayer's caliber is a young roster player, top prospect, and a 1st round pick.

Quote:
The Hawks have the assets to beat out ANY team thats a contender... The Hawks don't really need picks, none of their prospects is even close to cracking the lineup full time...

I don't really know what you're trying to say but if the Hawks are set, then why the need to add Selanne AND Niedermayer? Those two are hall-of-fame players still playing at peak levels.

And no, the Hawks don't have the tradeable assets that most other teams have. Beach, Aliu, etc., don't match up with a lot of other teams top prospects. Obviously Chicago isn't looking to move Kane, Toews, Keith, etc.

Quote:
Selanne is worth about a 2nd + a decent prospect..
Stop. Just stop.....

Quote:
Nieds is worth more but not that much, the Ducks would be dreaming if they actually thought they could just get a top 15 pick in next years draft... They'll get a bottom 6 + a 2nd round for him or a 1st and thats it by a bubble playoff team.
Stop. Just stop.....

Old
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
To be honest, Campbell isn't attractive from an Anaheim standpoint (he's not really attractive to most teams in this league). It's not like the Ducks will be desperate to move Selanne and Nieds to the Hawks. IF they decide to shop them, Bob Murray certainly wouldn't have problems finding suitors. Also, as TP already mentioned, moving both Selanne and Niedermayer in the same deal likely wouldn't be maximizing their value.
I know ... this proposal, as 99.9% of the other proposals on these boards, have as much viability as the proverbial snowball in hades. But, that's what this board is all about so I thought I'ld throw my GM hat in the ring.

Here's some more honesty for ya - I doubt that a west coast team is one of the 8 teams that Campbell designated as a team to be traded to with his NTC - and the premise of this thread is that the Ducks are out of contention so it's unlikely he would waive his NTC. Plus I believe (could be wrong) that at least one if not both Nieds and Selanne have NTC's.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
It really doesn't. Nieds is one of the biggest winners in hockey history. Hossa has never won anything.

Quote:
His cap hit at the deadline is around 1.5 so pretty much any team looking to compete could fit him.

Quote:
Which is exactly what Hossa, Forsberg etc got. What are you arguing here?

Quote:
Mind = blown

Quote:
Nieds is worth more but not that much, the Ducks would be dreaming if they actually thought they could just get a top 15 pick in next years draft...
Teams with top-15 picks generally aren't trading for rentals, Einstein

Quote:
The Hawks are the only team to offer overpayment for both
You know this how?

Quote:
but in return the Ducks would have to take Campbell WHOM isnt a bad player..
No. We don't have to take anyone.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I know ... this proposal, as 99.9% of the other proposals on these boards, have as much viability as the proverbial snowball in hades. But, that's what this board is all about so I thought I'ld throw my GM hat in the ring.

Here's some more honesty for ya - I doubt that a west coast team is one of the 8 teams that Campbell designated as a team to be traded to with his NTC - and the premise of this thread is that the Ducks are out of contention so it's unlikely he would waive his NTC. Plus I believe (could be wrong) that at least one if not both Nieds and Selanne have NTC's.
If I'm reading it correctly, he hasn't designated the teams yet. In other words, he doesn't have to pick the teams until Chicago tells him to. It works like this:
1) Chicago tells Campbell he's being shopped
2) Campbell makes a list of 8 destinations
3) Chicago has 45 days to trade him to one of those destinations

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:26 PM
sammyp

Quote:

Valid points. All the more reason why a trade involving Campbell to Anaheim will NOT happen.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Then why don't you just go ahead and be set somewhere else? The Ducks won't be trading Niedermayer and Selanne to you under value because you feel set.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Hawksfan2828

This has to be said...

Campbell IS NOT a bad player nor is he even close to a failure for his contract.... The guy is NO DISAPPOINTMENT but he just happens to be the odd man out........WTF is so hard about this to understand.

The ONLY problem with Campbell is when he stinks he turns it into an art form..

Hes no Duncan Keith but hes just as good when hes on his game which is about 85% of the time.

If Campbell drops the whole 50/50 act and focuses on on aspect of the game he will be fantastic as either an offensive D man or a stay at home d man...

Old
12-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Then why don't you just go ahead and be set somewhere else? The Ducks won't be trading Niedermayer and Selanne to you under value because you feel set.
You do comprehend I dont expect the Hawks will and this is just an idea right.

If I was GM of the blackhawks for instance in fact the ducks would.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
You do comprehend I dont expect the Hawks will and this is just an idea right.

If I was GM of the blackhawks for instance in fact the ducks would.
1) There is a reason you are not a GM.
2) You are using the term "in fact" incorrectly. What you meant to say was "in my head". Common mistake.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
1) There is a reason you are not a GM.
2) You are using the term "in fact" incorrectly. What you meant to say was "in my head". Common mistake.
Common mistake..

You mean like Bowmans going to trade Sharp and Versteeg rather then trade Campbell???

I think thats a common mistake.

but hay there is no difference between hope and illogical. lol

Furthermore I think Rocky knows what a mistake actually is and its NOT trading Campbell for cap reasons.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
This has to be said...

Campbell IS NOT a bad player nor is he even close to a failure for his contract.... The guy is NO DISAPPOINTMENT but he just happens to be the odd man out........WTF is so hard about this to understand.

Hes no Duncan Keith but hes just as good when hes on his game which is about 85% of the time.

If Campbell drops the whole 50/50 act and focuses on on aspect of the game he will be fantastic as either an offensive D man or a stay at home d man...
I don't even disagree. I am not among the people who say Campbell has some ridiculously big negative value; I don't think he has to every team. The Ducks however are an organisation that's not only not spending to the cap but that's operating under a budget. Having a contract like Campbell's would make it a lot harder for the Ducks to still ice an all around competetive team than it would be for a rich team that spends to the cap and doesn't really need to look at actual salaries paid. That's why if the Ducks were to move Niedermayer they would be looking at an offer that does not include a contract like that - it doesn't say much about Campbell at all.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
This has to be said...

So, you don't think Campbell is overpaid, even just a little?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:47 PM
HawksTillDeath

imo they would need more value for taking on Campbell contract

To Chi:

scott niedermayer

to ANA

Campbell
Barker/Buff/Versteeg
Sweatt/Skille
1st Round
2nd Round

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Common mistake..

You mean like Bowmans going to trade Sharp and Versteeg rather then trade Campbell???

I think thats a common mistake.
Certainly not rather. Never said that, never would.

May be a common mistake around HF to assume he has to give Sharp away for close to nothing, but that's not really saying much.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
So, you don't think Campbell is overpaid, even just a little?
Yeah by about 2

That shouldn't take anything away from his skill though.. Yea hes over paid but hes still productive.

Old
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
imo they would need more value for taking on Campbell contract

To Chi:

scott niedermayer

to ANA

Campbell
Barker/Buff/Versteeg
Sweatt/Skille
1st Round
2nd Round
Maybe Toews , Kane and Keith as well to make the homers feel satisfied..

The OP is enough...more then enough actually.

Old
12-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Certainly not rather. Never said that, never would.

May be a common mistake around HF to assume he has to give Sharp away for close to nothing, but that's not really saying much.
Maybe a "common" dumb consensus around HF boards is that Campbell is some how useless and has a bad contract all in one???

Old
12-03-2009, 10:04 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
No offense hawksfan but this deal would not happen cause Teemu will not ever be traded from the Ducks again. He took a discount just to stay here and his family is here and thats more important to him then anything in the world including winning another cup on another team not in southern california. I know you guys aren't really used to Ducks talk and everything that happens around Anaheim but Teemu being traded as a likely as Duncan Keith getting traded tomorrow just after signing a 13 year deal with you guys.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:01 AM
sammyp

Quote:
This has to be said...

Right, so the Ducks don't want your outcast who happens to be making upwards of 7 million per year. He's a decent player, sure -- but he's the Hawks problem now.

Anaheim isn't going to trade you Selanne and Niedermayer AND help relieve you of your most daunting cap issue.