HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: EDM CBJ

Old
12-03-2009, 10:32 AM
oilers24

vCash: 500
Proposal: EDM CBJ

With the recent injury to Rusty Klesla and the Oilers struggling with an abundance of skilled d men i think a trade could happen.

To CBJ
Sheldon Souray or Lubomir Vishnovsky
Ethan Moreau

To Edm
Nikita Filatov
Jared Boll
3rd rd Pick

Blue Jackets have the cap space and are in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, the Oilers rid themselves of 7 plus mil in salary committments and acquire a solid young player to our core, add to that a high pick should we continue to struggle this year. I for one would much rather have Filatov and Segin then Souray or Lubo and Moreau.

oilers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Ghostbuster
Who ya gonna call?

vCash: 50
It's a decent trade, but I think we could get more for Souray/Lubo. Unless you think Moreau has negative value, which is why we get little in return.

Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
MeestaDeteta

If it's Souray that's included in the deal - done.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:41 AM
myteammytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24 View Post
With the recent injury to Rusty Klesla and the Oilers struggling with an abundance of skilled d men i think a trade could happen.

To CBJ
Ethan Moreau

To Edm
Nikita Filatov
Jared Boll
3rd rd Pick

Blue Jackets have the cap space and are in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, the Oilers rid themselves of 7 plus mil in salary committments and acquire a solid young player to our core, add to that a high pick should we continue to struggle this year. I for one would much rather have Filatov and Segin then Souray or Lubo and Moreau.

chances are pretty slim you could get the jackets to take on extra money right now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4626073

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:52 AM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Originally Posted by myteammytown View Post
chances are pretty slim you could get the jackets to take on extra money right now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4626073
CBJ needs to save money - start the Nash proposals!

Nothing cures money troubles for an NHL team better than an extended playoff run. Every dollar generated in the post-season is gravy. If Howson thinks that adding Souray or Vish to their team without subtracting anyone significant on the current roster, I think he does it for that reason alone.

That said, Filatov might be the best prospect not in the NHL right now. Im not sure he gives him up for a playoff run.

MinnesotaFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
I'd think that if CBJ wants someone from Edmonton they go with a cheaper Grebs or Gilbert. At least with Grebs they are only taking on salary for this year, although the problem is CBJ needs someone now.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
done deal

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:57 AM
myteammytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Nothing cures money troubles for an NHL team better than an extended playoff run. Every dollar generated in the post-season is gravy. If Howson thinks that adding Souray or Vish to their team without subtracting anyone significant on the current roster, I think he does it for that reason alone.

That said, Filatov might be the best prospect not in the NHL right now. Im not sure he gives him up for a playoff run.
if it was for a rental player, i would agree.

taking on souray or visnovsky with mutiple years left on their deals probably doesnt fit.

stranger things have happened i guess

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:57 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

For the record this was brought up last year before they signed Nash.

Old
12-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

That's a stupid deal, the Oilers don't do that.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Fourier

Filatov is an interesting though perhaps risky proposition. He has 5G 5A 10P in 6 games so far in the KHL, which is quite the start for a 19 year old. BUt I could see him getting comfortable playing at home.

In any case, his stats will likely increase the price if he can keep it at anywhere near that pace. But I would not be surprised if Columbus does try to move him as he and Hitch are a little like Oil and Water and the Blue Jackets have some pretty good young talent in addition to Filatov.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

I like it. Trading Souray will help the dive. Filatov is the best player not in the NHL right now. He wants to play in the NHL, just not 6 minutes a night under Hitchcock. He's not the first talented youngster that has had problems under Hitchcock and would't be the first Columbus reclamation project we've claimed. Gilbert Brule is the model for a disgruntled youngster under Hitchcock's thumb that is turning it around when given the leash.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I like it. Trading Souray will help the dive. Filatov is the best player not in the NHL right now. He wants to play in the NHL, just not 6 minutes a night under Hitchcock. He's not the first talented youngster that has had problems under Hitchcock and would't be the first Columbus reclamation project we've claimed. Gilbert Brule is the model for a disgruntled youngster under Hitchcock's thumb that is turning it around when given the leash.
Filatov sucked to the Nilsson'ish proportions in the games he played against us.. Quinn and Hitch have similar style..His size and lack of grit will make him as useless here as he was in CBS.

Also you dont trade Souray or Visnovsky unless they ask for a trade... Both are as valuable if not more then Hemsky or Penner.

Visnovsky, Penner, Souray and Hemsky = 20M spent right
Gilbert, Horcoff, Pisani, Staios,Nilsson and Moreau = 20M of suck

Add in O'sullivan and Grebeshkov and lose 6M more for something better..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
From the CBJ perspective, that's not a bad deal at all. I'm not sure we could afford Souray within the internal cap, but I'd love to have him here. Same with Lubo.

What's the possibility of Grebeshkov being available? I know he's injured but how soon will he be back?

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I think Filatov would be a perfect fit for Ales Hemsky, one of the best passers in the league. When Filatov actually got to play, it was with Boll, Blunden, or Derek Mackenzie, and still managed to look decent.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Soundwave

I think this is a deal that would be a good fit for both teams. I dunno about them wanting Moreau, but a basic package around Souray for Filatov could be workable.

Does it maybe help that Souray's actual salary is less for the remaining full years of his contract?

The next two seasons his actual salary is 4.5 mill per. The cap hit in that case is irrelevant since Columbus can't spend to the cap roof anyway it looks like.

You could also maybe do Modin + Filatov for Souray + Moreau or something if they want to dump some salary in the interim.

I would then deal O'Sullivan somewhere else.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
From the CBJ perspective, that's not a bad deal at all. I'm not sure we could afford Souray within the internal cap, but I'd love to have him here. Same with Lubo.

What's the possibility of Grebeshkov being available? I know he's injured but how soon will he be back?
The odds of Grebs being available are probably about the same odds of me not winning the lotery tomorrow.

Old
12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:

Well, not sure if you are aware of the structure of his deal, but despite the cap hit of 5.4, he makes 4.5 each of the next 2 yrs (5.5 this year which you'd only be taking a portion of depending on when he's traded). Vis makes 6, 5 and 3 in the 3 remaining years he's under contract, despite a 5.6 hit.

As for Grebs, always thought he might interest Howson the most because he fits with the mould of the Jackets age-wise. Gladly flip him for a 1st + B-/C+ prospect.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 04:57 PM
oil country 83

I have to admit I like the idea of Filatov more and more all the time.

Filatov + dorsett for vish/souray

oil country 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 05:43 PM
alexo

I like the idea of the trade.

Let it be know, Alexo hates the idea of trading Souray or Visnovsky because they're near the top of their game at what they do. So really, trading one of them is almost an instant loss unless we get a star in return. However, do I want a star in return? Nope. I want this team to tank and get a star in the draft this coming year.

So therefore, trading Vis or Souray for the suggested deal works for me. Perhaps even we could give them our 2nd and/or 3rd to upgrade the pick to their first.

Jared Boll would be a welcome addition as well too. Could use the Wrecking Boll!

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24 View Post

To CBJ
Ethan Moreau

To Edm
Nikita Filatov
Jared Boll
3rd rd Pick

Bad trade. Moreau is absolutely usefull for us. Nikita will be an excelent player and trade him for 32 years Lubo or 33 years Souray (who is often injury in the last seasons) is stupidity. Especially when we have young defensmen as Stralman and Russell + Moore in CHL and Goloubef in College.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:

He's one of the guys I'd rather keep.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:05 AM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 5013
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
How about something smaller and more simple:

Grebs (when healthy) for Filatov?

Not sure of the value here, as I think Filatov may just opt to stay in the KHL.

But I think Howson will make a move pretty soon for a defenseman, and Grebs isn't due to be back until near Jan.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Traktor*

If we could get Filatov for one of 71/44 I'd be all over it.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 04:38 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:

Columbus can not afford him - they already have $46 million tied up in eighteen players next season.

But if they took Souray while trading us Filatov & Tyutin ($2.8 million cap hit until summer of 2011), I'm sure that would make fiscal sense for both teams...

Having said that, Anaheim is the perfect trading partner for Souray - they need defensemen next year & have cap space to die for... I'd do the trade for Philadelphia's two first round picks they acquired in the Pronger trade.

And with the extra cash, I would be talking to Chicago who needs to dump salary for next season. There must be some amicable trade to acquire: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=90922

Instant Oiler rebuild up front since Eberle & MPS should also be ready to make a serious impact within two years......

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote