HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 27 | Edmonton Oilers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) |

Old
12-03-2009, 08:25 PM
probertrules24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings85 View Post
time to bring up Janik now...
Lidstrom Meetch
Stuart Kindl
Lebda Janik

that's a scary thought.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
nik jr

at least CBJ are losing (badly: 6-2) to TML.

steve mason is one of the worst goalies in the NHL this season. he was pulled again after allowing 4g on 14 shots.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
12YearExtension

Aren't you two Ozzy fans?

I'm really kind of hoping for a top 10 pick this year. It seems like a write off, can't stay healthy. Get another piece for the future, I don't know the draft but I'm sure there is someone.

Tatar, Ferrero, Ferrero's teammate, Kindl, McCollum, Maybe Big Rig...

12YearExtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:28 PM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Lidstrom Meetch
Stuart Kindl
Lebda Janik

that's a scary thought.
and it is not even the worst part of the team. offense is terrible, and the whole team seems to lack determination.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:29 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12YearExtension View Post

I'm really kind of hoping for a top 10 pick this year. It seems like a write off, can't stay healthy. Get another piece for the future, I don't know the draft but I'm sure there is someone.

I am a Ozzie supporter and proud of it.
he's been there done that, he knows what to do.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:29 PM
DaFranzenator

Send a message via ICQ to DaFranzenator
Awsome.... walk in from dinner, turn on the T.V. and the first thing I hear is "looks like Ericcson's hurt" plus were down 4-1. Don't know how many more injuries I can stomach, screw the 4-1 score I already knew we were medicore, I can deal with that for one year, but all the injuries thats something else...... come on hockey gods!

DaFranzenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
aar000n

how many injuries are we going to have to deal with?

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
and it is not even the worst part of the team. offense is terrible, and the whole team seems to lack determination.
I find it extremely infuriating that the line that scored the ONLY goal in the game was split up pretty much immediately afterwards.

If Babcock doesn't put Bertuzzi back with Z and Cleary, I'll... I'll... I'll write an angry letter.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
Hard game to watch..... made me start drinking

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12YearExtension View Post

Ya I'm on Ozzy fan, why wouldn't I be?....but he is pretty much finished(approaching 40 will do that), I'm looking to the future too. I don't think we can possibly win even if Ozzy has anything left in the tank. Right now all my hopes lie in Pekka Rinne becoming a UFA, McCollum, or trading for Jason Missiaen(the real monster).

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:35 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzenstein View Post
... more?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:42 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
I am a Ozzie supporter and proud of it.
he's been there done that, he knows what to do.
Really, cause after a 'few' years in the NHL he seems ****ing clueless. Usually veterans get the 'automatic' start but we are stuck with his useless a** and a rookie...awesome. Look, I agree he has been great in the past (especially in the playoffs), but the way he is performing this season is a joke. And during the interviews he seems like he doesn't even give a ****

Anyways, I did not watch the game and I guess I shouldn't have. The last thing we needed was another injury (seriously God, why?), but at least it was Ericsson, who IMO could use some time on the sides. Each time I watch him he gives silly turnovers (ex: Getzlaf) or slides down the ice to block the shot only to put the puck in his own net

Sure, he is a great offensive asset especially with Kronwall out, but I much rather see him being a wall and stopping most forwards than seeing him make sick sniper shots.

St. Louis, Anaheim and Phoenix next. Crap.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:45 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Really, cause after a 'few' years in the NHL he seems ****ing clueless. Usually veterans get the 'automatic' start but we are stuck with his useless a** and a rookie...awesome. Look, I agree he has been great in the past (especially in the playoffs), but the way he is performing this season is a joke. And during the interviews he seems like he doesn't even give a ****

Anyways, I did not watch the game and I guess I shouldn't have. The last thing we needed was another injury (seriously God, why?), but at least it was Ericsson, who IMO could use some time on the sides. Each time I watch him he gives silly turnovers (ex: Getzlaf) or slides down the ice to block the shot only to put the puck in his own net

Sure, he is a great offensive asset especially with Kronwall out, but I much rather see him being a wall and stopping most forwards than seeing him make sick sniper shots.

St. Louis, Anaheim and Phoenix next. Crap.
Bolded: Ericsson is a great offensive asset for the other team not his own.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
SlavaKozlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzenstein View Post
I recorded the game and was watching it. As soon as it was 4-1, I just fast forwarded through the rest unless something interesting looked like it happened. I didn't notice the Ericsson injury... I'm glad I didn't watch the whole thing...

SlavaKozlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Athtar

How did Kindl look? I missed the first two periods but from what I saw in the 3rd, he didn't look out of place.

Athtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Athtar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post
I find it extremely infuriating that the line that scored the ONLY goal in the game was split up pretty much immediately afterwards.

If Babcock doesn't put Bertuzzi back with Z and Cleary, I'll... I'll... I'll write an angry letter.

Athtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:00 PM
detredWINgs

I wonder if Canadians are giving Babcock the benefit of the doubt with all the Wings injuries, or if they're shaking in their boots at the thought of a potential non-playoff coach and (essentially) GM handling the Olympic team.

Glad I didn't see this game, tonight. If Ericsson's out, oh well. Hes been more of a detriment than a positive.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
aar000n

I am equally annoyed the line that scored the only goal was broke up right after.

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
GuloGulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I wonder if Canadians are giving Babcock the benefit of the doubt with all the Wings injuries, or if they're shaking in their boots at the thought of a potential non-playoff coach and (essentially) GM handling the Olympic team.

Glad I didn't see this game, tonight. If Ericsson's out, oh well. Hes been more of a detriment than a positive.
He'll be able to focus 100% on the Olympics

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Human Thumb*

Quote:
Bolded: Ericsson is a great offensive asset for the other team not his own.
Lebda and Datsyuk sure love putting the puck in their own net.

Human Thumb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Uh, you know who's coaching and managing the US team, right?

Anyway, I was just wondering if the economy's still pretty rough in Detroit. I was surprised by the empty seats down low. Or is it something else?

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:21 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
Uh, you know who's coaching and managing the US team, right?

Anyway, I was just wondering if the economy's still pretty rough in Detroit. I was surprised by the empty seats down low. Or is it something else?
Why? Why man? Why?

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
at least CBJ are losing (badly: 6-2) to TML.

steve mason is one of the worst goalies in the NHL this season. he was pulled again after allowing 4g on 14 shots.
Where is that guy who scolded me for comparing Mason and McCollum's #'s in the OHL?? Don't think that I've forgotten. Guess which one didn't have to face Kane 6 times, btw.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:22 PM
DaFranzenator

Send a message via ICQ to DaFranzenator
Quote:

I'm sorry this comment really pisses me off, probably one of the stupidest I"ve seen on here in a while. Yea hopefully he broke his leg and tore his ACL, man do I have my finger crossed, gee maybe its even a career ender! Maybe we can call up Janik for the rest of the year, sounds amazing.

I'm sorry, yes, Ericcson has made some bone-headed plays and deserves some flack, but it's his ROOKIE season people, regardless if he's 25 or not, some of the crap he gets around here is ridiculous. Am I the only one here that see's he has a lot of potential, but he's also got a lot of learning to do, and being learning from one of the best(Lids) can only be a positive in those regards. He's actually been a lot better lately, yes even lidstrom has been juked like that(Nillson) by a player.

Its called patience people, defenseman take a lot longer to develop than forwards. Once he learns to position himself better, cut down on turnovers, use his monstrous size to his advantage and start ripping that cannon from the point, a lot of you are gonna wonder why you talked smack in the first place. Like it or not he's gonna be one of are cornerstone d-man of the future, he's no Andres Lilja the second, so instead of ripping into him all the time , lets support him just like the rest of the Wings.

DaFranzenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:23 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:

I'm telling you, it seems Babcock and Holland care more about the Canadian Olympic team now. In a way I understand, you don't have so many opportunity to coach the national team. They are so blinded by the talent that they can't see their own team is hurting.

The result: We lose to the OILERS AT HOME!!! Just cause we can't fill up our seats at the Joe doesn't mean you have to suck Red Wings!

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote