HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 27 | Edmonton Oilers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) |

Old
12-03-2009, 09:26 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
Uh, you know who's coaching and managing the US team, right?

Anyway, I was just wondering if the economy's still pretty rough in Detroit. I was surprised by the empty seats down low. Or is it something else?
We have over a million fans show up for a weekday Stanley Cup Parade, so its clearly our weak fanbase.

Or maybe its because Michigan leads the entire US in an unemployment rate that features nearly 1 in 6 unemployed Michiganders, and Detroit leads all Metro areas in an unmployment rate that features nearly 1 in 5 unemployed Metro Detroiters.

I don't know. You choose.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:29 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaAnotherWingsFaN View Post
[/B]

I'm sorry this comment really pisses me off, probably one of the stupidest I"ve seen on here in a while. Yea hopefully he broke his leg and tore his ACL, man do I have my finger crossed, gee maybe its even a career ender! Maybe we can call up Janik for the rest of the year, sounds amazing.

I'm sorry, yes, Ericcson has made some bone-headed plays and deserves some flack, but it's his ROOKIE season people, regardless if he's 25 or not, some of the crap he gets around here is ridiculous. Am I the only one here that see's he has a lot of potential, but he's also got a lot of learning to do, and being learning from one of the best(Lids) can only be a positive in those regards. He's actually been a lot better lately, yes even lidstrom has been juked like that(Nillson) by a player.

Its called patience people, defenseman take a lot longer to develop than forwards. Once he learns to position himself better, cut down on turnovers, use his monstrous size to his advantage and start ripping that cannon from the point, a lot of you are gonna wonder why you talked smack in the first place. Like it or not he's gonna be one of are cornerstone d-man of the future, he's no Andres Lilja the second, so instead of ripping into him all the time , lets support him just like the rest of the Wings.
Yes, because being happy someone is out of the lineup = being happy someone is injured. Talk about stupid comments.

And who cares if Ericsson is a rookie? Yes, that means he *might* not suck forever, but hes still sucking. End of story.

Now go check your blood pressure. Seems like it could be dangerously high.

Old
12-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
We have over a million fans show up for a weekday Stanley Cup Parade, so its clearly our weak fanbase.

Or maybe its because Michigan leads the entire US in an unemployment rate that features nearly 1 in 6 unemployed Michiganders, and Detroit leads all Metro areas in an unmployment rate that features nearly 1 in 5 unemployed Metro Detroiters.

Whoa, easy. Sorry, I wasn't trying to troll. I didn't say anything about your fanbase, man, that's why I asked about the economy. I just wanted to know if that was the main reason. Thanks for answering.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:42 PM
DaFranzenator

Send a message via ICQ to DaFranzenator
Quote:
Yes, because being happy someone is out of the lineup = being happy someone is injured. Talk about stupid comments.

And who cares if Ericsson is a rookie? Yes, that means he *might* not suck forever, but hes still sucking. End of story.

Now go check your blood pressure. Seems like it could be dangerously high.
Your the genius inferring that you would be happy if Ericcson was out of the lineup in the first place, "If Ericsson's out, oh well. Hes been more of a detriment than a positive" Talk about a STUPID COMMENT. And what do u mean who cares if he's a rookie, he's learning the system, it usually always take's d-man longer to develop than a forward.... atleast though's not named Bogoisan or Johnson.

Oh and my blood pressures perfect, 120 over 80, I"m a pretty healthy young lad, eh.

DaFranzenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:47 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
Whoa, easy. Sorry, I wasn't trying to troll. I didn't say anything about your fanbase, man, that's why I asked about the economy. I just wanted to know if that was the main reason. Thanks for answering.
Well we get this all the time, and considering everyone who is a Wings fan living in the Detroit area knows at least a handful of people who are unemployed, its gets kind of annoying in addition to it being a sensitive issue. Thats all.

Old
12-03-2009, 09:55 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
[/B]

I'm sorry this comment really pisses me off, probably one of the stupidest I"ve seen on here in a while. Yea hopefully he broke his leg and tore his ACL, man do I have my finger crossed, gee maybe its even a career ender! Maybe we can call up Janik for the rest of the year, sounds amazing.

I'm sorry, yes, Ericcson has made some bone-headed plays and deserves some flack, but it's his ROOKIE season people, regardless if he's 25 or not, some of the crap he gets around here is ridiculous. Am I the only one here that see's he has a lot of potential, but he's also got a lot of learning to do, and being learning from one of the best(Lids) can only be a positive in those regards. He's actually been a lot better lately, yes even lidstrom has been juked like that(Nillson) by a player.

Its called patience people, defenseman take a lot longer to develop than forwards. Once he learns to position himself better, cut down on turnovers, use his monstrous size to his advantage and start ripping that cannon from the point, a lot of you are gonna wonder why you talked smack in the first place. Like it or not he's gonna be one of are cornerstone d-man of the future, he's no Andres Lilja the second, so instead of ripping into him all the time , lets support him just like the rest of the Wings.
QFT. If the fans had any patience they wouldn't be ready to throw away the season after every loss.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:55 PM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
Well we get this all the time, and considering everyone who is a Wings fan living in the Detroit area knows at least a handful of people who are unemployed, its gets kind of annoying in addition to it being a sensitive issue. Thats all.

Dont worry detredWINgs I apoligized for you in a private message. I explained it to him in a non-condescending way, cheers.

Old
12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Your the genius inferring that you would be happy if Ericcson was out of the lineup in the first place, "If Ericsson's out, oh well. Hes been more of a detriment than a positive" Talk about a STUPID COMMENT. And what do u mean who cares if he's a rookie, he's learning the system, it usually always take's d-man longer to develop than a forward.... atleast though's not named Bogoisan or Johnson.

Oh and my blood pressures perfect, 120 over 80, I"m a pretty healthy young lad, eh.
Oh, irony.

And I think you need to pull out a dictionary, "lad." I'm not "inferring" anything. You're the one "inferring."

And again, its only a comment based on your opinion. Ericsson has been on the ice for a team leading 34 goals against. Hes terrible with the puck in the defensive zone. He has 25 giveaways second only to Rafalski who is equally as bad in his own zone. And hes not being used in offensive situations, so his presence on the ice is neutral at best.

So, yeah; "oh well" if hes not in the lineup. Its akin to Lebda being out of the lineup in my eyes.

Last edited by Winger98: 12-03-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: crap
Old
12-03-2009, 10:07 PM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
QFT. If the fans had any patience they wouldn't be ready to throw away the season after every loss.
Yea true I kind of forgot about that..... I can't blame them though, we've been spoiled for so long, were not used to this at all. But in no time will have Filps, Kronwall and Willams back(Franz a month before the playoffs), despite tonight I think Howard will only get better, Leino, Bert and I never thought I would have to say this Lidstrom will all eventually find there scoring touch and this team will start to gel. Albiet were probably not taking the division, I think this team will scratch and claw its way into the playoffs which is fine by me. And hey even if we dont make it(yea it would suck), were looking at a top 15 pick, so we add a peice for the future. So in short everyone should be more optimistic, it will be ok.

Old
12-03-2009, 10:14 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Yea true I kind of forgot about that..... I can't blame them though, we've been spoiled for so long, were not used to this at all. But in no time will have Filps, Kronwall and Willams back(Franz a month before the playoffs), despite tonight I think Howard will only get better, Leino, Bert and I never thought I would have to say this Lidstrom will all eventually find there scoring touch and this team will start to gel. Albiet were probably not taking the division, I think this team will scratch and claw its way into the playoffs which is fine by me. And hey even if we dont make it(yea it would suck), were looking at a top 15 pick, so we add a piece for the future. So in short everyone should be more optimistic, it will be ok.
I wouldn't count out the division yet. Our lineup will be so deep and so fresh I can see us going on a total tear in the 2nd half, all we need to do is stay within reasonable distance. Having Bertuzzi or Leino on the 3rd line against 3rd line competition will boost their productions. Williams on the PP will help tremendously. And if Kindl is able to cement a spot in these coming days and take Lebda's spot the Wings will have 6 defense men with the ability to play on the top pairing. How many teams can say that?

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
Oh, irony.

And I think you need to pull out a dictionary, "lad." I'm not "inferring" anything. You're the one "inferring."

And again, its only a stupid comment based on your opinion. Now, judging from your post, I wouldn't exactly call you a fair judge of stupidity. Ericsson has been on the ice for a team leading 34 goals against. Hes terrible with the puck in the defensive zone. He has 25 giveaways second only to Rafalski who is equally as bad in his own zone. And hes not being used in offensive situations, so his presence on the ice is neutral at best.

So, yeah; "oh well" if hes not in the lineup. Its akin to Lebda being out of the lineup in my eyes.
You win old man, your obviously right, I dont care to get in a pissing match with a fellow Wings fan. I thought you were "inferring" that it would be a good thing that he was out, which it wouldn't. All I'm saying is I'm sick of everyone ragging on the future cornerstone of are defensive corps. It sounds like most people on here would love to trade him for, hell a bag of kitty litter and pint of 5 O'clock. Patience is what we need around here, patience, he's a keeper, he's gonna be a top 2 pairing defender, getting 28 mins a night... playing on the 1st line PP, bet. He's got everything you want in a young player, his decision making will come in time, like I said he's learning from the best. So you can take your stats, which obviously your basing your judgement on and throw them out the window, he's only a rookie, which does matter.

Last edited by Winger98: 12-03-2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: crap
Old
12-03-2009, 10:33 PM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
I wouldn't count out the division yet. Our lineup will be so deep and so fresh I can see us going on a total tear in the 2nd half, all we need to do is stay within reasonable distance. Having Bertuzzi or Leino on the 3rd line against 3rd line competition will boost their productions. Williams on the PP will help tremendously. And if Kindl is able to cement a spot in these coming days and take Lebda's spot the Wings will have 6 defense men with the ability to play on the top pairing. How many teams can say that?
I agree on all points, especially the Kindl one, I just hope it doesn't take anytime to figure out that regardless of Kindl's few defensive errors he's made in Grand Rapids, that at this point, he's head and shoulders above Lebda right now, it would be nice if they could just kept him up with the big club and get rid of Lebda for a pick or whatever. Leb's only value to this team is his speed and really its a non-factor almost night in and night out.

Old
12-04-2009, 02:46 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Well, Kindl was okay. I'm happy enough.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:19 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Good to see the Wings pot 3 goals in this one.

Not so good to see that 2 were in their own freaking net.

At least none of this mess was Kindl's fault.

Anyone else think it looked like Ericsson broke his ankle? To say it's a knee injury smells a little like BS to me...

If Holland is seriously committed to sticking with this set of forwards until guys come back from injury, he may have to be seriously committed to missing the playoffs. They don't have enough offense right now, period.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:47 AM
doublejack

Quote:
I wouldn't count out the division yet. Our lineup will be so deep and so fresh I can see us going on a total tear in the 2nd half, all we need to do is stay within reasonable distance.
I would. There's no way we're catching Chicago. If both teams were healthy, then perhaps Detroit would have a shot. I personally don't feel we would, but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

However, Chicago is now healthy and Detroit is not, and we're not going to be healthy any time soon. So, the Hawks have a 7 point lead with a game in hand, and they're pulling away. They're 8-1-1 in the last 10 games, while we're now 4-5-1. Goodbye central division.

Even if we get most everyone back by early or mid January, and they're playing without too much rust, at best we'll just stop losing ground. We're not going to reel a team in that has that much talent on the roster.

Quote:
Having Bertuzzi or Leino on the 3rd line against 3rd line competition will boost their productions.
This sentence almost made me spit coffee all over my keyboard. You're saying that two players who can't produce while playing with the likes of Datsyuk and Zetterberg, getting top line IT including prime PP chances, will suddenly break out of their funk when they get demoted and their IT is slashed? Please. Read what you posted out loud and listen to yourself. It's preposterous.

Quote:
Williams on the PP will help tremendously.
Help who? The other team to get breakaways? Granted, Williams was more effective on the point prior to his injury than Lidstrom has been, but Kronwall and Stuart have been better. If we miss someone, it's Kronwall.

Quote:
And if Kindl is able to cement a spot in these coming days and take Lebda's spot the Wings will have 6 defense men with the ability to play on the top pairing. How many teams can say that?
Kindl isn't close to being ready for the NHL. If everyone were healthy, he'd be in GR right now. That's where he belongs. Next year he'll be on the roster and fight for IT, but not yet. If Kindl becomes a regular in the top six this season then we'll be in the hunt for a top five pick.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:08 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
This sentence almost made me spit coffee all over my keyboard. You're saying that two players who can't produce while playing with the likes of Datsyuk and Zetterberg, getting top line IT including prime PP chances, will suddenly break out of their funk when they get demoted and their IT is slashed? Please. Read what you posted out loud and listen to yourself. It's preposterous.
I hate to possibly administer more coffee to your keyboard, but you do realize the only goal scored last night (on the opposing side's goal) was because of Bertuzzi and Cleary (who were on Zetterberg's wing), right? Yes, Lidstrom made the amazing outlet pass, but Bert's the one who found Cleary coming late instead of taking the puck to the net or firing off an ineffectual perimeter shot. That line had GREAT offensive zone pressure and were creating chances the entire 5 shifts they were together.

That's still pissing me off, by the way. Why would Babcock break up the ONLY LINE THAT SCORED A GOAL?!

"Oh, that line scored? **** it, let's go back to the old lines -- because, you know, I HATE juggling lines."

Some players just don't mesh well with others. I'd been wanting to see a Bert/Z/Cleary line for the past couple of games, and they produced.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:25 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFranzenator View Post
Your the genius ... Talk about a STUPID COMMENT. And what do u mean who .... atleast though's not named Bogoisan or Johnson.
Your what?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:28 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Not in the most recent parade. Not even close.

Quote:

That's definitely a factor.

But also, there aren't nearly as many people into this team as there were 10 years ago.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:38 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
If Holland is seriously committed to sticking with this set of forwards until guys come back from injury, he may have to be seriously committed to missing the playoffs. They don't have enough offense right now, period.
True. But what can Holland do? Give up assets just to make the playoffs? That is stupid!

We have cap room next year, let's see what we can do with it.

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:39 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
That is good to hear. Although he was a minus 2

Old
12-04-2009, 12:41 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
Verse melk op de markt heeft in Haïti een slechte naam, omdat boeren jarenlang de melk hebben aangelengd met water om meer liters te kunnen verkopen.

Bijna goed

I was talking on the phone and didn't realize that I was typing Dutch

Old
12-04-2009, 12:46 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
How many contracts are we up to right now?

Chris Bourque is on waivers, wouldnt mind adding another former legand son to the mix with his speed, it could help.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:49 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Me2. He made a few good defensive plays but it was obvious he doesnt know where to go with his linemates. he looked confused when he was out there with Lidstrom. Whether he was nervous since it was his idol or he jsut didnt know.. who knows.

However, he jumped into the play a few times, looked like he had some good hand-eye cordination because he had a few passes that were all over the place and caught them easily.

Kid has potential and he has the mold to become a player to play all situations in all honesty. Im not sure how well his PK and defensive work at right now but hopefully he continues to progress.

I tell you all this, I would rather see him in and take the "rookie mistakes" then to sit back and watch Meech and Lebda make "sophmore and 4th year" mistakes. Meech sucked last night. Im sorry but he did. I saw a few plays where he just played like a forward on defense.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 01:27 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPGUN View Post
True. But what can Holland do? Give up assets just to make the playoffs? That is stupid!

We have cap room next year, let's see what we can do with it.
If this were the deadline, would Holland be standing still? No, he'd be giving up assets to make the team better. I'm not suggesting they sell the farm, but isn't it a good idea at this point to at least see who's available?

Hopefully Holland is already doing this and just doesn't want to say in the papers that he's scrambling for trade help, which would cause teams to up their prices. There has to be someone useful available on a pending UFA contract whose team wouldn't mind relieving themselves of that salary.

Old
12-04-2009, 01:28 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
How many contracts are we up to right now?

Chris Bourque is on waivers, wouldnt mind adding another former legand son to the mix with his speed, it could help.
4 points in 32 career NHL games. Not the kind of help the Wings need at this point.