HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For the true Hab fans...

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 04:05 PM
The n00b King *

vCash: 500
For the true Hab fans...

hey guys, ive had an idea, that perhaps some of you may of already had

you know at the bell center, where the ticket prices are fairly high the closer u get to the ice (well duh) and if u noticed, when the crowd starts cheering and screaming and making the atmosphere happen, ever notice that all them damn peeps in suits never make a noise/cheer/jeer or even wear a logo/shirt or any sorts of make up? these are the same boring people who are talking on their cellphones or talking to the guy next to them and not really paying attention to the actual game, and yes, even during the playoffs. i think that what the marketing department at the bell center should do is to reduce ALL ticket prices in the bell center (except the boxes) to about 30-50$. that way EVERY real fan could get a hold of a pair (based on the "first come first served" philosophy) and then, *gasp* the place could potentially be even louder and more electric!! i would love that to happen, plus it would give a chance to those who cant afford the close seats to get a close look at the players. ive only been to the bell center once in my life, and it was last year during a pre-season game against ottawa (which we ended up winning 9-4) and i was sitting right in front of the net (well the right side of it) and to tell u the truth, to see those players that close, is really something, it like i was 5 and i had a 1$ to go spend at the candy store...i wish the marketing people would do somethign like that....i know it would totally work.

Old
04-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
No, it would not work, they would not make enough money. Good idea but its not realisticly possible

Old
04-15-2004, 04:09 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

that would be good for the real fans but you know, all those girls won't be happy. Those kids too. Those seats are expensive only because the management has to pay Theodore's salary.

Honestly, how will the team survive if ever it happens?

Old
04-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Hockey is a business, if that arena was full of guys in suits who were willing to pay, well lets just say nothing would change.

Old
04-15-2004, 04:21 PM
The n00b King *

ya i should of mentioned that it wasnt for the whole season anyway. just a few games here and there. but with the CB coming up, i made the calculations. let's say that the salary cap of a team is 38$M. so every ticket would be 45$ and there's 21 273 (i think) seats in the bell center. so:

45 x 21 273 = 957 285$ now if u were to multiply that by 41 home games (im actually just guessing that's how many games there is at home per season, but bear with me) that's 39 248 685$ per season. now add the ticket prices for the boxes (which i have no clue as to how much those cost) plus all the food, hab store revenue, royalties, and the money RDS gives them, and i think it IS realistic...but at first i was thinking more just once in a while u know, like a "FAN NIGHT" type of marketing ploy

Old
04-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Habzfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
No, it would not work, they would not make enough money. Good idea but its not realisticly possible

realisticly??
:lol

Closed Thread